Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
led zeppelin tour a flop
Posted by: glimmertwin81 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:23

this tour would be a disaster like the police tour

for sure some people would go and see them
but in the end they won't fill stadiums

in reality nobody knows led zeppelin anymore
ask 10 people to name a zeppelin song..........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-13 16:24 by glimmertwin81.

Re: led zeppelin tour a flop
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:28

the police tour is a flop?????based on what?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:41

As much of a flop as the Beatles "Love" show in Vegas.... What kinda meds you on gt81?

Ask 10 people to name a LZ song? Don't have time but if I did it'd get back 100 different songs as answers 10 x 10 each.... Maybe in your "Spice Girls/WHAM" world they wouldn't do so well....

Let me turn you on to the fact that LZ is probably #3 (Behind the Beatles and the Stones) as the most popular band in Rock and Roll history.... We ain't talkin' FLOCK OF SEAGULLS or CULTURE CLUB here....... smiling smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:48

Yeah, I think pretty much anyone on any continent can name a LZ tune or three... I think LZ would draw huge crowds. I heard the Police tour was a big success, making loads of $$.

I think the LZ tour would be taxing on the band, and grating for Plant. Another expensive nostalgia act that really doesn't need to happen.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:49

glimmertwin81
this tour would be a disaster like the police tour

for sure some people would go and see them
but in the end they wont fill stadums

in reality nobody knows led zeppelin anymore
ask 10 people to name a zeppelin song..........

..and every single one of them will mention 'Stairway to heaven', the most popular song on US radio history, if I'm not mistaken

Wont fill stadiums? The same band whose one off concert received some 20 MILLION applications worldwide for 5,000 pairs of tickets? You're off your head. After 30 years it would be potentially the biggest grossing tour in history if they wanted it to be.

Not that I think they'll tour, personally....

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:02

If they chose to do a major tour it would be huge. Zeppelin doesn't have to worry about filling stadiums- the main concern is whether their bodies can hold up on a major tour after years of single shows here and there.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:13

cant imagine zep doing a world tour, lets face it there is a reason they havent done a tour in 28 years, its not by accident, and based on the page and plant mini tours they cant use the bonham excuse anymore, i really think that they are not sure they can pull it off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-13 04:17 by melillo.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:22

wow, its a flop before it even was officially announced! U r insane.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:47

The Police are a flop IMO.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 13, 2008 05:22

...yeah I already bought my zeppelin ticket for Greensboro Coliseum....gee I hope that guy wasn't pulling my leg, the tickets look kind of, well, amateurish

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: May 13, 2008 05:51

they can fill :
msg , 1st mariner a. , mci c. , wachovia c. , mellon arena , bell c. , td banknorth g. , united c. , joe louis a. , bradley c. , unidome , conseco f. , savvis c. , miami arena ,bobcats a. , and the bunch of places on the east.
but i think they wouldnt fill even shea st. , RFK S. , Cellular F. , or Dodgers.
i wouldnt call it a flop.
OR
It could be one of the biggest grossing tour on history.
ONLY GOD KNOWS , LETS WAIT!!

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:11

HelterSkelter
As much of a flop as the Beatles "Love" show in Vegas.... What kinda meds you on gt81?

Ask 10 people to name a LZ song? Don't have time but if I did it'd get back 100 different songs as answers 10 x 10 each.... Maybe in your "Spice Girls/WHAM" world they wouldn't do so well....

Let me turn you on to the fact that LZ is probably #3 (Behind the Beatles and the Stones) as the most popular band in Rock and Roll history.... We ain't talkin' FLOCK OF SEAGULLS or CULTURE CLUB here....... smiling smiley

sorry to put you right, but LZ are far more popular band than Stones in RnR history, check out the album sales numbers, not even a comparison............

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:24

I personally don't think they will tour. But it won't be a flop. They're much in demand. On our FM stations they are played everyday every two hours.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: May 13, 2008 08:39

melillo
the police tour is a flop?????based on what?

sting.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 13, 2008 10:09

You must remember GT81's previous posts???

Absolute nonscence and he knows it.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 13, 2008 10:11

It just depend's on Page's health. That's what it comes down too. You know he has been pretty sick alot of his touring time. Who know's where his health is these day's? I will talk to Jason since i know he has been waiting for a call,the last few month's. He's ready to go i can tell you that!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 13, 2008 11:09

Another word to the wise i don't know Jason personally but my good friend Mark Nason does and check out his boot's there dynamite. He talkes to Jason daily you know those Rock Boot's do it man! Mark Nason Boot's affiliated with sketchers.

Posted by: glimmertwin81 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 13:15

the police tour has been a flop
at least for promoters
not so much in the us but in europe they even could not fill arenas
and in the us anyone can fill stadiums if you are old and kinda out of time

led zep bigger than stones?
thats bullshit, some people might know stairway to heaven
but everyone in the world knows satisfaction smu brown sugar angie sympathy jj flash and so on
the members of led zep are no stars
mick and keith are megastars
I cant even name the members of led zep and guess their stage performances are pretty booooooooring
even the stones tongue is bigger than led zep

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 13, 2008 13:39

This thread surely has to be a wind-up!!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 13, 2008 14:01

glimmertwin81

but everyone in the world knows satisfaction smu brown sugar angie sympathy jj flash and so on
I cant even name the members of led zep and guess their stage performances are pretty booooooooring

Zeppelin has sold more records than the Stones. In fact, Led Zep IV has sold nearly three times as many copies as the best-selling Stones albums. But in terms of cultural and historical significance, record sales don't always mean that much. I think I once read somewhere that the worst selling Simon and Garfunkel album had outsold the best selling Stones album. Does that mean Simon and Garfunkel are "bigger" than the Stones?

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: May 13, 2008 14:03

what, no "dream" set lists?

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 13, 2008 14:14

Everybody knows jumping jack flash? I don't agree with that. I don't think too that everybody knows sympathy for the devil is from the stones. Many people will say it's guns & roses...
Have seen the stones lately, saw page & plant tours, have heard plant & alison kraus. I must admit, being a stones fan (but also a Zep fan) that the Zep performances, based on music and covers of their own songs, are far better from the stones. I have been bored in the stones shows hearing always satisfaction, miss you, and even honky tonk woman and jj flash. I really love when they play other not so usually played songs (all down the line, shattered, she's so cold...). I can't hear these songs even in boots. I know they are the best, but they are not worried about playing, and only about earning money and moving on stage making awful solos... . On the contrary, I have really loved hearing a recent plant and kraus boot with very interesting zep covers.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 13, 2008 14:40

They won't fill stadiums, that's for sure, but they could fill arena's. But if they want to, they need to stop making such a big deal about it. They're not gods, there just guys who can play a good rock 'n roll show. Too much talk, too little action. Let's see them do a couple more shows.

But honestly, I doubt it ever hapenning, and if it would, it would be a purely financial thing for them. If they would have enjoyed the music, they wouldn't have stopped in the first place.

Date: May 13, 2008 14:50

Sure 3D, They MUST play -

THE ROVER
NIGHT FLIGHT
CUSTARD PIE
HOUSES OF THE HOLY
IN THE LIGHT
HOTS ON FOR NOWHERE
ROYAL ORLEANS
IN THE EVENING
I'M GONNA CRAWL
FOR YOUR LIFE
ALL OF MY LOVE
RAMBLE ON
LIVING LOVING MAID
TRAVELING ROADSIDE BLUES
TEA FOR ONE
DANCING DAYS (Acoustic, like STONE TEMPLE PILOTS do it)

That's what I WANNA HEAR, everything they didn't play in the 70's (well a few up there received a small airing but not at my shows....)

Least we forget how great they still can be....

GOOD TIMES, BAD TIMES / RAMBLE ON - O2 Arena, London, 12/07 -
Very close seats, good crisp sound (for an audience recording at least)

FOR YOUR LIFE - Same Show, First Ever LIVE Performance - YEAH !!!
Good Crisp sound.... "heard a cry for mercy/in the city of the damned".....

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:00

Well, I am officially putting this thread as the most ridiculous one up at the moment!

just can't believe it. why are tour promoters chomping at the bit to get a tour up and running? Zep frenzy is evrywhere since the reunion.

Flop? you gotta be kidding.

stick that in your fuse box!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:03

King Snake
They won't fill stadiums, that's for sure, but they could fill arena's. But if they want to, they need to stop making such a big deal about it. They're not gods, there just guys who can play a good rock 'n roll show. Too much talk, too little action. Let's see them do a couple more shows.

But honestly, I doubt it ever hapenning, and if it would, it would be a purely financial thing for them. If they would have enjoyed the music, they wouldn't have stopped in the first place.

To be fair they stopped mainly due to the death of John Bonham which was quite dignified otherwise I'm sure they'd have carried on as Zeppelin for a bit longer at least. But hey, the three surviving members didn't exactly leave the music business. They moved on.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:06

Yeah, they quit when Bonham died and they should have because Bonham was a huge part of their sound and coolness in general. They moved on and are all doing well indeed, so I don't see why they have to do this thing again, without John.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:19

tatters
glimmertwin81

Zeppelin has sold more records than the Stones. In fact, Led Zep IV has sold nearly three times as many copies as the best-selling Stones albums. But in terms of cultural and historical significance, record sales don't always mean that much. I think I once read somewhere that the worst selling Simon and Garfunkel album had outsold the best selling Stones album. Does that mean Simon and Garfunkel are "bigger" than the Stones?

Yeah I agree, album sales is not the be all- I just dont see LZ as being bigger than the Stones, how can they be? IMHO

Date: May 13, 2008 15:19

.... Mt Everest ... You know, it's a stupid "dude thing" Snakeman - cause it's THERE !!.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-13 15:20 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:24

"I cant even name the members of led zep and guess their stage performances are pretty booooooooring"

Don't know their names and you guess on their stage performance???

Says it all

Prat!

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home