Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

not ot: What's the best color M&Ms ??
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 11, 2008 03:14

You could blindfold me and and feed me any color M&M and I could not tell the difference, but I've heard some people say they can't stand this or that color.

And then there's this artice: [www.mirror.co.uk] I don't know how reliable The Mirror is, but it's rather funny. Supposedly, Van Halen insists on having a bowl of M&Ms with the brown ones removed, then Mick wants the VH-rejected M&Ms in the Stones' rider.
And up until now, I thought Mick was partial to Mars bars.

So, is it just me, or is there really a difference in the colors of M&Ms?

Re: not ot: What's the best color M&Ms ??
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 11, 2008 03:19

Edith Grove
You could blindfold me and and feed me any color M&M and I could not tell the difference, but I've heard some people say they can't stand this or that color.

And then there's this artice: [www.mirror.co.uk] I don't know how reliable The Mirror is, but it's rather funny. Supposedly, Van Halen insists on having a bowl of M&Ms with the brown ones removed, then Mick wants the VH-rejected M&Ms in the Stones' rider.
And up until now, I thought Mick was partial to Mars bars.

So, is it just me, or is there really a difference in the colors of M&Ms?

Grover,where were you when me and STG dicussed this in great detail a while back? Some goofy thread. maybe she can dig it up when she's done shoveling snow. But according to the link she provided. Green is definitely the way to go. Ask her why.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 11, 2008 03:24

Sorry SCL, I obviously missed that one.
I did search for "M&Ms" , but could not find a thread. Seems hard to misspell that one, but then I barely graduated public school!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 11, 2008 03:26

Well if your Canandian it's possible to misspell anything. I'll see if I can find it. She must still be hibernating,er sleeping.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 11, 2008 04:09

[Ahem]

Me - fail English? That's unpossible!

But for your dining and dancing pleasure, here is the tawdry thread where the whole M&Ms thing came up. (Wouldn't be ladylike to explain how I know this stuff.)

[www.iorr.org]

Note: if you are a smartass and have small children, it's a baaad idea to refer to them as "S&Ms" within little earshot as it is likely to embarrass your wife when she takes the darlings shopping. I think my brother is nearly forgiven for that one... Nearly.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 11, 2008 15:16

Allez les Bleus!! ;-) Just on this topic, because Les Bleus will be very very off topic this friday! It's time for orange M&Ms!!

Jelle

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 21:24

Yellow Peanut M&Ms!!!

Date: June 11, 2008 21:26

Has anyone given any thought to he cruelty that is inflicted on M amd Ms. Anyway colour doesn't matter I think this thread sould be closed.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 21:49

The legendary VH Brown M&M rider! I'm wondering how many promoters actually read the contract that carefully that they had the brown ones removed?
I'd never heard of the Stones connection though. I don't think VH had that rider in 78 so the concert would have been the Orlando shows in 81 when VH opened.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: June 11, 2008 22:18

My uncle was a VP @ Mars. We used to get bin liners loaded with sweets as children. I remember he market tested the blue M&Ms in the 80s, and it was a disaster. It also took about 10 years to get the almond M&Ms right. The pointy end of the nut was a problem. The candy shell would not stick. I would say green may be the best color, with a nice glass of Pinot Noir.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 11, 2008 22:24

DGA35
The legendary VH Brown M&M rider! I'm wondering how many promoters actually read the contract that carefully that they had the brown ones removed?
I'd never heard of the Stones connection though. I don't think VH had that rider in 78 so the concert would have been the Orlando shows in 81 when VH opened.

...and who got the job of pickin' the brown ones out?
...and what did he/she get paid for it? peanuts? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 12, 2008 04:15

Supposedly, the green ones cause horniness!

As I understand, Van Halen's rider was included to make sure the other (more important parts - towels, food, drink, etc.) were honored.

Don't know if either of these are true.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 12, 2008 08:13

I understood that the green ones were the way to go.

Date: June 12, 2008 12:29

Elmo Lewis
Supposedly, the green ones cause horniness!

Green M&Ms as an aphrodisiac? Thanks for the tip, Elmo!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home