Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: led zeppelin tour a flop
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 18, 2008 22:57

and lets not forget that mick jagger is more famous and more of a celebrity than all of the zep members combined

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 18, 2008 22:58

Those lists change from year to year anyway. Who is #1 right now? Is it still The Beatles?

I've heard kids talk about the Stones and Zep. It's always the same. Why I don't know. I don't get why kids are amazed that, oh my god, the Stones are still alive? But then Zep comes on the radio and they get all goofy.

I change the station.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 18, 2008 23:04

Yes The Beatles and Stones are always number one and two respectively on every list with any credibility that I have seen. Of course anyone can come out with a list so you have to use common sense as to what is credible. Of course you don't have to agree with any list if you don't want to but I am talking about lists by respectable magazines like Rolling Stone, Time Magazine etc..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-18 23:54 by FrankM.

Date: May 18, 2008 23:13

I've always thought Zep was over rated. It drives me NUTS that my girlfriend's son got Mothership and listens to that fu*cking thing almost everyday (as well as the awful girl screeching Jeff Buckley). We had a gathering of friends a week ago and he played the damn Zep comp. All I could do was laugh as people kept insisting that it get either turned down or off - how many times do we need to hear When The Levee Breaks and Stairway To Heaven and Whole Lotta Love and on and on and on that is on the sh!tass radio everyday?

So I put on the new Drive-By Truckers album. Everyone seemed to dig that a lot more than Zeppelin.

I used to have their albums. But I just can't bring myself to buy ONE album or anything else.

But then on the flip side of that, I bought Jump Back. And Forty Licks. WHY? I'm a fan. I loved Rewind, I lost Rewind, so Jump is just an updated version of that (basically). And Licks had the ABKCO catalog on one record so that's as far as I'll get with hearing those remasters.

I'll take the Stones anyday everyday over Zep. And Pink Floyd. And a hell of a lot of bands.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 18, 2008 23:17

FrankM
I kind of botched up the formatting on my above post. I am responding to Gazza inside of his quote- didn't want anyone to think Gazza is schizophrenic lol.

I'm a Gemini, so I have a head start...

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 19, 2008 01:18

melillo
and lets not forget that mick jagger is more famous and more of a celebrity than all of the zep members combined

...and Britney Spears is more famous then both The Stones and Zep...what does that mean?

Date: May 19, 2008 01:19

She's got bigger tits.

Date: May 19, 2008 01:24

Bingo
melillo

...and Britney Spears is more famous then both The Stones and Zep...what does that mean?

Yeah but she is famous for being a flake. The Stones and Zep are famous for their music. Most headlines about Britney are talking about her personal life shananigans and not her music.

Date: May 19, 2008 01:28

FrankM
Bingo
melillo

Yeah but she is famous for being a flake. The Stones and Zep are famous for their music. Most headlines about Britney are talking about her personal life shananigans and not her music.

Agreed....I'm having fun with this thread. grinning smiley

IMO...Zep is a far superior live band. Again, IMO, they always have. Now on the flip side of that....IMO...The Stones are a better studio band.

Date: May 19, 2008 01:29

and also by no means is britney more famous than mick jagger ok bingo, i can see u r another one that got sucked in by that talentless bimbo

Date: May 19, 2008 01:30

melillo
and also by no means is britney more famous than mick jagger ok bingo, i can see u r another one that got sucked in by that talentless bimbo
Go out and ask 10 people. >grinning smiley<

Date: May 19, 2008 01:31

Bingo
FrankM
Bingo
melillo

IMO...Zep is a far superior live band. Again, IMO, they always have. Now on the flip side of that....IMO...The Stones are a better studio band.

a far superior live band based on what? not touring in 28 years???????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-19 01:33 by melillo.

Date: May 19, 2008 01:36

I find it incredible that Zep is even bothered to be ranked for being a live band. They should be ranked as being a snore band - playing the same song for 3 hours. I saw that movie - what a total BORE.

I don't get that aspect at all.

Date: May 19, 2008 01:39

right, if they would cut out those ridiculous solos, they could get in another 8-10 songs, its called being lazy

Posted by: SonnyBoythe3rd ()
Date: May 19, 2008 01:44

Of the 20+ performances of Zeppelin I have seen live, I do not know why they ever released SRTS. 1973 was by far their worst year live. Personally, while I still love the Stones and continue to go to their shows, If playing a one-off on the same night, I would choose a Zeppelin concert over a Stones concert anyday.

Posted by: glimmertwin81 ()
Date: May 19, 2008 01:49

sayin zep are bigger than stones is like
sayin orlando bloom is bigger than tom cruise

its just insane, a lie and totally crazy

and mick is a bigger star than britney
mick is a star since 1962
I dont think anyone in the world will remember brit in 40+ years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-19 01:51 by glimmertwin81.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 19, 2008 01:54

SonnyBoythe3rd
Of the 20+ performances of Zeppelin I have seen live, I do not know why they ever released SRTS. 1973 was by far their worst year live. Personally, while I still love the Stones and continue to go to their shows, If playing a one-off on the same night, I would choose a Zeppelin concert over a Stones concert anyday.

Totally agree with the 1973 thing. As far as your last statement, well, I hope they don't throw you off this board for saying such a statement (eventhough I am sure quite a few would agree).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2008 01:59

I dont think anyone in the world will remember brit in 40+ years

Eeeerrr well there's bits of Brit some will never forget..........

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2008 02:01

lol @ rockman

Date: May 19, 2008 02:08

what is the address of her trailer park

Date: May 19, 2008 02:12

Hey glimmertwin, you calling me a liar?

You should be careful.

Date: May 19, 2008 02:15

are you tony soprano or what?

Date: May 19, 2008 02:17

melillo
Bingo
FrankM
Bingo
melillo

a far superior live band based on what? not touring in 28 years???????

When you see IMO...In the english language, that is short for....In My Opinion. smileys with beer

Date: May 19, 2008 02:19

right, and i asked him what he based his opinion on you fool

Date: May 19, 2008 02:22

Sorry, I can't help you with reading comprehension.

Date: May 19, 2008 02:24

thats ok you have enough of a problem worrying about yourself

Date: May 19, 2008 02:25

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-19 02:26 by FrankM.

Date: May 19, 2008 02:26

or a horses ass in bingos case

Date: May 19, 2008 02:31

Shall we change this to the education/maturity level of Stones,Zep fans?

Date: May 19, 2008 02:31

oh cmon frank you ruined my line, lol

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home