Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 4, 2016 07:01

It was posted here, too, but not by me - at least not first. I presumed there would be confirmation from an official source, but they're being rather tight-lipped about the project. Perhaps Soldatti can confirm from label sources?

Date: May 4, 2016 07:03

Rockman
BOOM-BOOM!!

Out go the lights, Terry.

And wouldn't that make a great album closer?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2016 07:07

YEAH Rocky... ... Cool Little Walter track ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: May 4, 2016 08:05

Oh My, but the rabid musings - presumably from folk not in the fifty-year-group?
Keep this simple, people...please.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2016 18:26

Witness
It has to be my wish for zydeco songs as an example of ethnic genre music forms as basis for Rolling Stones songs!
Only now the album will consist of zydeco songs exclusively!smiling bouncing smiley

If you object to this, you will have the duets album instead! So do make your choice with care!grinning smiley

so mick is going to follow in the footsteps of his little brother?!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 4, 2016 19:25

treaclefingers
Witness
It has to be my wish for zydeco songs as an example of ethnic genre music forms as basis for Rolling Stones songs!
Only now the album will consist of zydeco songs exclusively!smiling bouncing smiley

If you object to this, you will have the duets album instead! So do make your choice with care!grinning smiley

so mick is going to follow in the footsteps of his little brother?!

According to the response I got in an earlier post, Mick supplied two songs of zydeco to the album by his little brother.

But beware, where I may receive an album of zydeco, yours might turn up as a duets album.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 4, 2016 22:16

i swear if they wait 11 years and come out with some half-baked duets album i may puke...i hope this is not the case...i will not own a rolling stones album that has dave grohl on it...and his stupid smiling face would be the first one down there...rockin' out...uggh

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 4, 2016 22:42

cowboytoast
i swear if they wait 11 years and come out with some half-baked duets album i may puke...i hope this is not the case...i will not own a rolling stones album that has dave grohl on it...and his stupid smiling face would be the first one down there...rockin' out...uggh

Double uggh cowboy...but I'll buy whatever they put out, for sure. I choose to remain optimistic. smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 4, 2016 22:46

Rocky Dijon
It was posted here, too, but not by me - at least not first. I presumed there would be confirmation from an official source, but they're being rather tight-lipped about the project. Perhaps Soldatti can confirm from label sources?

Yes... this project/ album is pretty darn 'tight lipped' indeed.. even for their standard. In the past we at least knew who the Producer was and a general time frame for release. As well we sometimes knew where they were recording ... (not this time).

Now.. we have very strong guesses and some insight but nothing of any sort of confirmation. The Stones have always been very low key and undercover over the last 25 years about such things.. but this time.. there is almost no info at all officially... and The Stones and their camp have been pretty hush-hush about details concerning this one and have kept things very much on the 'down low'.

In a sense I find it cool.. Much better than disclosing everything or giving the house away for free. Soldatti always has some credible stuff .. you are right.. Where is he? Hmmmmm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 22:49 by IanBillen.

Date: May 4, 2016 23:29

Pretty sure the studio information is "bankable." I had heard British Grove and suggested it here in December, but it was only reported recently as one of the four or five studios utilized. I'm also trusting Soldatti on a late October release with late September for the single.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: May 4, 2016 23:41

will all get stoned with stones music, out of my mind, where I am? STONED.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 4, 2016 23:45

Can hardly wait for October to throw a Stone´s party at home with my closest friends to listen to a NEW STONES ALBUM !!!!!!

Still can´t believe!!!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 4, 2016 23:56

No leaks might mean nothing to report.
Recording a bunch of blues jams is what they'd do if they didn't have any new songs to record.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2016 23:59

Not much had leaked for ABB other than airport sightings near Mick's castle? For B2B on the other hand...

Rocky Dijon
Serious answer to Ian who is a very nice person at all times:

Someone I trust told me it was Don Was behind the board in December. I choose to believe them. No other reason.

It was also posted here by someone who would know...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2016 00:16

marquess
Can hardly wait for October to throw a Stone´s party at home with my closest friends to listen to a NEW STONES ALBUM !!!!!!

Still can´t believe!!!

The last time I had a Stones 'listening party' for a new album was for Steel Wheels and it was just me and a friend.
Turned out to be a dismal experience, and vowed never to repeat it again.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 5, 2016 01:08

IanBillen
Hairball
BILLPERKS
Hairball
Sounds reasonable Ian, and you're theories could be 100% correct! thumbs up
Believe me, he's not.

Haha, well I was being polite - he put quite a bit of effort into that post!

Pay no mind to Perks.. (besides he does not know the meaning of the word 'polite'). He's one of these Troll types that goes around knocking everyone's opinion .. yet never has any real opinion of his 'own' about said matters ...

I only knock your endless circle jerk blather

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: May 5, 2016 01:24

The only thing that actually gives me hope is that this is the first time they record an album on a touring year since when? Undercover?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 5, 2016 01:56

bbeliko
The only thing that actually gives me hope is that this is the first time they record an album on a touring year since when? Undercover?
Yep - It can't hurt that they recorded while still warmed up from the road!

Date: May 5, 2016 02:10

In fairness, STEEL WHEELS was cut when Mick and Keith had both come off the road from their solo tours just a few weeks earlier. The fact that it was a different calendar year is inconsequential. VOODOO LOUNGE was started right after Keith got off the road and Mick had just played Webster Hall and SNL. However, it isn't the same as a band playing together and then cutting tracks. The thing is, I'm dubious if there is much of a correlation between the live Stones and the studio Stones any more. They have seemed like two different animals for a long time now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 02:11 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: May 5, 2016 02:48

Rocky Dijon
In fairness, STEEL WHEELS was cut when Mick and Keith had both come off the road from their solo tours just a few weeks earlier. The fact that it was a different calendar year is inconsequential. VOODOO LOUNGE was started right after Keith got off the road and Mick had just played Webster Hall and SNL. However, it isn't the same as a band playing together and then cutting tracks. The thing is, I'm dubious if there is much of a correlation between the live Stones and the studio Stones any more. They have seemed like two different animals for a long time now.

Live Stones and Studio Stones are two different animals. IMO they always very much were different animals (I agree). I think what some are saying is that The Stones are still basically fresh off the road and yet they are supposedly recording .. As a unit.. that hasn't happened in a long long time .. and it could bring on a sort of different energy / vibe / creative spin to the sessions? Who knows?

Speaking of recording.. <ARE THEY RECORDING?> .. It is May.. if they are to have an album out this fall they damn sure should be working on the sucker .. you'd think? It can't be 'in the can' / basically finished as Keith sort of said or hinted at ... Is it??? Doubtful. Anyway it is May .. you'd think they figure .. 'yo... it's time to get back to work on it'..

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 02:51 by IanBillen.

Date: May 5, 2016 03:23

One presumes the basic tracks were done by January. Now it's down to mixing and overdubbing for which Mick said late Spring. Plenty of time.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 5, 2016 03:35

They recorded 2 songs on 3 days on August 2012, we can guess than about 10-12 songs were recorded during the two weeks on December plus 11-12 covers recorded on the first 2 days.
If they record another 2 weeks on June/July plus a week of mixing is enough time, they WON'T SPEND more time on the studio, Mick is not interested on that, let alone Charlie.

AC/DC latest album was recorded on a month with the basic tracks done in a week.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: May 5, 2016 04:21

Ya know back in the day you recorded an album in 2-3 weeks and put it out 3 months later winking smiley >grinning smiley<

Date: May 5, 2016 04:44

Rocky Dijon
One presumes the basic tracks were done by January. Now it's down to mixing and overdubbing for which Mick said late Spring. Plenty of time.

Well as I understood it they were simply going in to record just a few songs in December and feel things out (but they ended up doing a lot with many blues covers to boot). Two official sources said the songs were simply at the demo stages back then and recently a spokesperson said the songs were still in their embryonic stages (I don't believe they are THAT underdeveloped though .. I am sure they are well under way by now).

Mick was asked in April about the new album on camera.. His response was that ...'they just started it in December and didn't want to get into it any further being as it was only april. He also added that the session / sessions sounded really good and that they would probably do more'...

It is only my opinion but I still think they are in the middle or moving to the end of the recording phase of things. Mixing could take anywhere from seven to ten days or so to up to four to six weeks depending on how they approach it, where and what songs with whom....

I still think they are recording some of the stuff IMO. I can't see them accumulating and having all the songs in a 10 - 12 day session. It is possible.. but all the songs would have to be previously written and worked out and simply ready to record if that were the case. My understanding was that while the December session turned out quite fruitful .. It was just to lay the ground work and get their feet planted in the whole thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 04:49 by IanBillen.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 5, 2016 07:24

Hi Ian!
Don't forget that Mick had many demos...almost finished tracks.
And remember Ronnie's son words:"I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good"
Imo this album is already done.

Date: May 5, 2016 08:07

KRiffhard
Hi Ian!
And remember Ronnie's son words:"I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good"

Yezzer.. I am aware of all those things.. still thanks for reminding us though (just in case). I think those were snippets of songs in progress or perhaps not all of the not finished works.. Just my theory and that is all it is .. a theory right now. I love throwing around ideas and talking about each others opinions here about it though among other things..

It is what a message board is for. Never wouldI want to seem as if I am just being argumentative .. it's all in a good exchange of our personal takes on things.

Great stuff.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 5, 2016 08:22

IanBillen
KRiffhard
Hi Ian!

Yezzer.. I am aware of all those things.. still thanks for reminding us though (just in case). I think those were snippets of songs in progress or perhaps not all of the not finished works.. Just my theory and that is all it is .. a theory right now. I love throwing around ideas and talking about each others opinions here about it though among other things..

It is what a message board is for. Never wouldI want to seem as if I am just being argumentative .. it's all in a good exchange of our personal takes on things.

Great stuff.

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 5, 2016 08:23

Hairball
marquess

Still can´t believe!!!

The last time I had a Stones 'listening party' for a new album was for Steel Wheels and it was just me and a friend.
Turned out to be a dismal experience, and vowed never to repeat it again.

Why? Was your friend a drag and messed up listening to their last great album?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 5, 2016 14:10

"Their last great album" was the one they released in 1986, not in 1989. Steel Wheels was half decent/partly great and half bullshit. The bullshit-degree in fact was higher than on any other Stones-album before and after. I remember very well how disappointed I was to get an album like Steel Wheels after hearing the very promising Mixed Emotion/Fancy Man Blues on a pre-release radio special.

Steel Wheels was where the trouble with Stones-albums began, they simply packed everything they´ve got on the albums to make them... too long. Even Steel Wheels with its running time of 55 min. is too long. It would have been better for the album to drop at least three bullshit-songs and release the usual 40min-album.

Dont make double-albums when you only got ideas for a single-album!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 5, 2016 14:38

HMS
Dont make double-albums when you only got ideas for a single-album!

The great thing about some legendary double albums is the amount of filler what makes the great songs even greater. And therefore making that filler material great. Those albums sound like a mess, just as they should be.

Tusk, Songs in the Key of Life, The Beatles, ...
All have some filler on them. Wouldn't replace those songs with better songs though.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home