Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 2, 2016 22:25

KRiffhard
Speaking to BANG Showbiz, Tyrone Wood said: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good."

"It was just before Christmas that we started doing a new album. Then we went and did shows in South America, so we're still very much on. I can't say much but there are a lot of different things on this album" MJ

"That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

’Different'...'surprise'...what do you think about it?

Of course.
An instrumental album.
Tubular Bells, Stones style (or Stoned, Part 2)

Date: May 3, 2016 02:06

when they say sounds different , something they never did . They are talking about a new sound. ( Blues electronic ? )
I can not imagine something different , they recorded all musical styles .
sad smiley

Sergio

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 3, 2016 04:45

Hairball
IanBillen
GasLightStreet
IanBillen
Ronnie is expecting Twins mid June.. so he will probably have to be by the wifey or at least very close to her for the period in which she is due. So I am not sure how much time they will have .. I am sure he will need to take a couple weeks off with the newborns you'd think. Or at least a week ..

They tracked A BIGGER BANG without Ronnie so...

True .. not all of it but much of it they did. Ronnie came later and played over (was over dubbed) on several songs.

However I get the perception this is a more band oriented / collective effort from the outset. At least that is the way they spoke of it what and how they started things this time. It was not the typical Keith writes with Mick for a month or so before getting the other guys involved. It sounds as if this is a 'band' oriented project thus far (just sayin.. and based on what they said and how they spoke of what they did thus far).

Ian

What do you make of Mick's comments prior to recording that, to paraphrase: "I've got a bunch of demos already recorded to bring to the table".

I realize that and I knew of the comment / and previous comments regarding Mick saying he had a lot of Demos he wanted to record with the Rolling Stones (as well as several he said would not work with the Stones). Still great point and question. See my response to it just below:

I know they went in to cut a few new tracks and work on them (possibly from Micks demos) but what they did from there was some jamming and recording blues covers. Out of the jam sessions and such came 'a whole load of new stuff' According to Keith and Ronnie. That is the way they have described the session / 'possible' sessions (plural) so far. As well.. Woody was there right from the start this time out.

In what started as recording a few songs and some demos and to feel things out to get their footing and see where they were at studio wise turned out to be a lot of playing covers and jamming and developing some new stuff in a sort of 'band oriented' thing this time it appears... anyway .. that is my take.

Seems different from the standard Mick and Keith writing together beforehand over the last 25 years with each bringing in their own demos and working alone before the rest join them. This time it has been much more 'organic' in growth with all of them there together is the description that seems to be there a bit up front and as well if you read in between the lines.

*I must be real .. I have 'no' inside info or 'sources' here on this. It's just my take from their comments and descriptions and by how publications have spoke about it as to how things went and are going this time is all.

- Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 04:48 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2016 04:56

Sounds reasonable Ian, and you're theories could be 100% correct! thumbs up

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 3, 2016 05:33

Hairball
Believe me, he's not.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2016 06:07

BILLPERKS
Hairball
Believe me, he's not.

Haha, well I was being polite - he put quite a bit of effort into that post!

Date: May 3, 2016 06:29

Hairball
BILLPERKS
Hairball
Believe me, he's not.

Haha, well I was being polite - he put quite a bit of effort into that post!

Pay no mind to Perks.. (besides he does not know the meaning of the word 'polite'). He's one of these Troll types that goes around knocking everyone's opinion .. yet never has any real opinion of his 'own' about said matters ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 06:34 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: May 3, 2016 06:32

buenosairesstones
sad smiley

Sergio
There are many styles of music that the Stones have never done.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 07:14

Rocky Dijon
mpj200
Haven't talk to any of them in a while. Giving them space. And some of you guys should lay off Clapton. He just guested on a few tracks. Nobody said anything about him touring. And yes, Keith has been in NY. Doesn't mean the album isn't moving toward. Patience.

Funniest post in a long time. Thank you for that.

Not trying to be funny. Just stating facts.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 3, 2016 08:08

buenosairesstones
when they say sounds different , something they never did . They are talking about a new sound. ( Blues electronic ? )
sad smiley

Sergio

I was just thinking the same thing eye rolling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 3, 2016 09:38

I hope not its gonna be the Duets album, which was rumoured some time ago.
jeroen

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 3, 2016 11:07

corriecas
jeroen

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Please Noooooooooooooooooooooo!eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 3, 2016 12:49

bv
There is a record spinning on the turntable of the Facebook "October" announcement. They are working on a new album AND a tour. Judging by the music on the clip, they expect it to be as exciting as the 1972 release of Exile. May be we will not get a flexi, but there will be lots of hints to come out over the next few months, I am sure. Just keep your calendar open for Oct/Nov, there will be new Stones music in the air. Live that is. And canned.

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2016 15:43

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
mpj200
Haven't talk to any of them in a while. Giving them space. And some of you guys should lay off Clapton. He just guested on a few tracks. Nobody said anything about him touring. And yes, Keith has been in NY. Doesn't mean the album isn't moving toward. Patience.

Funniest post in a long time. Thank you for that.

Not trying to be funny. Just stating facts.

I've learned to be patient when it comes to new music from The Stones.

Thanks for the advice, but I still don't like the idea of Clapton working with our heroes. They don't need him in my humble opinion.

He's a drag.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:15

I agree Kurt but it seems they are doing their full circle meetup thing. very sentimental creatures these guys

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:35

Any idea about the producer ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 19:51 by powerage78.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:41

corriecas
jeroen

The duets album was on line for an Itunes only release with about 12 or so guests during the 50 and Counting Tour 2012-2013.
It was repleaced with the Sticky Fingers Live album released on June 2015.

Date: May 3, 2016 19:58

powerage78
Any idea about the producer ?

It's a mistery!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:00

It's not a mystery. The producer is Don Was as it has been since 1993. There may be other producers on an individual track or two (as there was with BRIDGES TO BABYLON), but Don Was is producing the album.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:07

It has to be my wish for zydeco songs as an example of ethnic genre music forms as basis for Rolling Stones songs!
Only now the album will consist of zydeco songs exclusively!smiling bouncing smiley

If you object to this, you will have the duets album instead! So do make your choice with care!grinning smiley

Date: May 3, 2016 21:24

Rocky Dijon
It's not a mystery. The producer is Don Was as it has been since 1993. There may be other producers on an individual track or two (as there was with BRIDGES TO BABYLON), but Don Was is producing the album.

Mr. Muffled Sound...again.
No hopes for a new producer sad smiley

Date: May 3, 2016 22:22

Witness
It has to be my wish for zydeco songs as an example of ethnic genre music forms as basis for Rolling Stones songs!
Only now the album will consist of zydeco songs exclusively!smiling bouncing smiley

If you object to this, you will have the duets album instead! So do make your choice with care!grinning smiley

So...do you love the zydeco touches on TALK IS CHEAP? Not that there are any actual zydeco songs, mind you.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 3, 2016 22:30

Rocky Dijon
Witness

So...do you love the zydeco touches on TALK IS CHEAP? Not that there are any actual zydeco songs, mind you.

I always thought the deployment of Michel Doucet, and Buckwheat Zydeco, were to create a Paul Simon-esque South African township type sound, and I think Keith said as much within an interview.

It would be nice, though, if the boys continued with world music, be it Zydeco, Moroccan, gospel, etc.

Date: May 3, 2016 23:02

Rocky Dijon

Mr. Dijon,

I'm not saying you are wrong.. and I heard he was there in December with them .. but how do you know it is Don Was who is producing this album? (just curious?)

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 3, 2016 23:22

Rocky Dijon
Witness

Myself I have not found zydeco in any songs of TALK IS CHEAP. But then I am not familiar with all expressions that zydeco might take. What I have liked, is most of all Clifton Chenier, even if I have got only one album of his.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 4, 2016 01:26

IanBillen
Rocky Dijon

Mr. Dijon,

I'm not saying you are wrong.. and I heard he was there in December with them .. but how do you know it is Don Was who is producing this album? (just curious?)

Who are you to doubt Mick Jagger??
jeroen

Date: May 4, 2016 02:06

Look I only falsely claim to be a percussionist...

Date: May 4, 2016 02:07

Serious answer to Ian who is a very nice person at all times:

Someone I trust told me it was Don Was behind the board in December. I choose to believe them. No other reason.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2016 02:07

BOOM-BOOM!!

ROCKMAN

Date: May 4, 2016 02:58

Rocky Dijon
Serious answer to Ian who is a very nice person at all times:

Someone I trust told me it was Don Was behind the board in December. I choose to believe them. No other reason.

I see and thank you. I actually heard he was there in December as well .. not from any 'source' or anything.. but from someone here.. It may of been you?

Here's to hoping for a great album. It has been 11 years.. and the Stones are on the spot with this one. The good news is that they deliver when they are on the spot.. Here's to looking forward to seeing (and hearing .. ha).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home