Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 00:00

BV please tell us something more about this new release, if it will consist of Jagger/Richards new stuff or Blues standards covers...Any info will be very appreciate!winking smileythumbs up

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 00:02

...Everything you can tell, of course!cool smileywinking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 20, 2016 07:22

Not sure how accurate or legit this is but supposedly Ronnie's son gave a little insight on the new album and what they got going (like father ...like son eh? grinning smiley).

He says it is 'different' .... as in not the norm for them... (though that isn't exactly telling us much).

See it here (IF this article is legit / accurate):

[www.list.co.uk]

Ian

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 20, 2016 07:46

IanBillen
Not sure how accurate or legit this is but supposedly Ronnie's son gave a little insight on the new album and what they got going (like father ...like son eh? grinning smiley).

He says it is 'different' .... as in not the norm for them... (though that isn't exactly telling us much).

See it here (IF this article is legit / accurate):

[www.list.co.uk]

Ian

Thanks Ian!

Date: April 20, 2016 08:07

'Surprise'...'Different'...what kind of album is it?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 08:08

I don' t want to sound stingy, and I greatly value the opinion on this board. Do you think the Stones will release their album for free on a website as other bands have done?grinning smiley

Date: April 20, 2016 08:41

desertblues68
I don' t want to sound stingy, and I greatly value the opinion on this board. Do you think the Stones will release their album for free on a website as other bands have done?grinning smiley

I don't think so!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 20, 2016 08:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-20 12:14 by jambay.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:13

KRiffhard
'Surprise'...'Different'...what kind of album is it?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

An entire album of ABBA covers.

Date: April 20, 2016 11:29

matxil
KRiffhard

For a second there I read «ABB covers» smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:42

KRiffhard

... partly blues covers??

Rod

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:49

DandelionPowderman
matxil
KRiffhard

Among them three versions of "Sweet Neo Con". One of those with strings. Another in a "Gomper"-inspired arrangement (I love "Gomper", you know ). Those versions will become highlights on this very different coming new album .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-20 11:51 by Witness.

Date: April 20, 2016 13:01

Witness
DandelionPowderman
matxil
KRiffhard

Among them three versions of "Sweet Neo Con". One of those with strings. Another in a "Gomper"-inspired arrangement (I love "Gomper", you know ). Those versions will become highlights on this very different coming new album .

Maybe they could throw in a TexMex version of Winning Ugly too.

Date: April 20, 2016 13:57

matxil
Witness
DandelionPowderman
matxil
KRiffhard

grinning smiley

Sweet Neo Con (3 versions)
Suck on the Jugular (4 versions)
Streets of Love (3 versions)

...and a CD bonus with 8 versions of Anyway You look at it

Date: April 20, 2016 14:29

KRiffhard
matxil
Witness
DandelionPowderman
matxil
KRiffhard

grinning smiley

Sweet Neo Con (3 versions)
Suck on the Jugular (4 versions)
Streets of Love (3 versions)

...and a CD bonus with 8 versions of Anyway You look at it

Or might include One Direction style pop and ballads plus world music, hip hop and rap>grinning smiley<

Date: April 20, 2016 14:30

Don't diss Any Way You Look At It! I love that one grinning smiley

Date: April 20, 2016 14:47

Lunchtime in sunny London, sitting outdoors reading trash. Might have influenced the new album.

Night out listening to.world music

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2016 14:54

bitusa2012
KRiffhard

... partly blues covers??

That's what it should be.

5 covers (3 blues, one soul cover done in a bluesy way, and one old rock song from the 50s or before.
No Keith songs, especially none that ends the album.
10-11 songs max.
Taylor guests on one song.
Same for Bill
5-6 new songs - and I don't mean in the style of Rain Fall Down or Saint Of Me. Something that fits with the old covers. Come full circle. Maybe even end the record with a slow blues version of Route 66 (first song on first album, and last song on last album - How cool would it be if that happened? The kicky fast version on the debut album and a slow bluesy road-worn version as the last song on the last album).

I have a hard-on now.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-20 14:58 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 20, 2016 15:02

My guess is it's Carl Falk-kind of different. Modern touches are to be expected. The Stones have always made concessions to the time. While the results are likely not as far removed as SuperHeavy or Mick's collaboration with Will I. Am, that may point to the direction as well. Mick did say he had been writing blues songs, things that sounded like the Stones, and his sort of pop songs. Likely the new album is a mix of all three. And as for Keith, of course Keith will have a couple lead vocal tracks. If you want just Mick, play a solo album.

Date: April 20, 2016 15:17

DandelionPowderman
Don't diss Any Way You Look At It! I love that one grinning smiley

Me too!

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 20, 2016 15:38

KRiffhard

It's going to be consistently excellent from beginning to end, no filler and everyone on this board - and the music press - will recognise it as being more than a match for the classic sides from the 60s and 70s. It'll go straight to number 1 around the world, as will the numerous singles it spawns, which will in turn replace many of the warhorses in the recent (i.e., last 40 years) live setlists.

Date: April 20, 2016 15:57

teleblaster
KRiffhard

It's going to be consistently excellent from beginning to end, no filler and everyone on this board - and the music press - will recognise it as being more than a match for the classic sides from the 60s and 70s. It'll go straight to number 1 around the world, as will the numerous singles it spawns, which will in turn replace many of the warhorses in the recent (i.e., last 40 years) live setlists.

Hi teleblaster...you're optimistic!
We all hope that is a good/great album.

Date: April 20, 2016 16:44

The 32 year old has echoed Mick's opinion that it is a "different" type of LP to the 'Start Me Up' hitmakers' usual sound.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz, Tyrone said: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good."

will have an electronic soundconfused smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:00

Rocky Dijon
My guess is it's Carl Falk-kind of different. Modern touches are to be expected. The Stones have always made concessions to the time. While the results are likely not as far removed as SuperHeavy or Mick's collaboration with Will I. Am, that may point to the direction as well. Mick did say he had been writing blues songs, things that sounded like the Stones, and his sort of pop songs. Likely the new album is a mix of all three. And as for Keith, of course Keith will have a couple lead vocal tracks. If you want just Mick, play a solo album.

If I wanted just Mick, I could choose a lot of albums from the 60s too. I'm not saying Keith should be banned off vocals. He just did a great album with great vocals last year. It's just that a bluesy album is what we all want at this point, and it'd be great if it wasn't the patchwork albums we've got since 1989. Blues is the way to go, and Keith could easily have a lead track, but don't put it at the end of the record. Have it start side 2 or something instead.

Think outside the box and do something that's not usual is all I'm saying.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:15

DandelionPowderman
matxil
KRiffhard

An entire album of Crosseyed Heart covers w/Mick on all vocals....the keith haters would love it!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:16

JumpingKentFlash
I have a hard-on now.

Go see your doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours smoking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:25

If Keith and Mick are totally on board(and I believe they are for this one) we are in for a treat!! Release date sometime this Fall, correct??

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:27

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
matxil
KRiffhard

An entire album of Crosseyed Heart covers w/Mick on all vocals....the keith haters would love it!

smileys with beer

I need some photographs from the studio sessions.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:45

buenosairesstones
The 32 year old has echoed Mick's opinion that it is a "different" type of LP to the 'Start Me Up' hitmakers' usual sound.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz, Tyrone said: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good."

will have an electronic soundconfused smiley

Maybe that´s the prize Keith had to pay to get Mick into a recording studio at all.

Oh my goodness dont let it end this way... I dont want a Taylor-Swift-like album with Mick´s voice instead of Taylor´s and occasinally riffing by Keith... Their fan-base will start a riot.

There´s only one solution: Embargo.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 20, 2016 18:48

JumpingKentFlash

If I wanted just Mick, I could choose a lot of albums from the 60s too. I'm not saying Keith should be banned off vocals. He just did a great album with great vocals last year. It's just that a bluesy album is what we all want at this point, and it'd be great if it wasn't the patchwork albums we've got since 1989. Blues is the way to go, and Keith could easily have a lead track, but don't put it at the end of the record. Have it start side 2 or something instead.

Think outside the box and do something that's not usual is all I'm saying.

I know what you mean and I would like to have Keith sing something other than a soulful ballad, a country ballad, or a reggae tune unless they're amazing songs. That said, I think the two Keith vocal is a point of agreement between them. I have heard, I can't swear to whether it is accurate or not, that Mick doesn't want Keith singing open-G rockers on a Stones album. He's okay with Keith getting ballads that suit his voice better than Mick's. That reeks of formula and sure with a band with their history some amount of formula is normal, but I agree I would love to see it mixed up this time. Regarding the blues covers. I don't expect more than one or two on the CD because it minimizes the publishing and songwriting royalties. Admittedly, albums are far less profitable these days so maybe they won't care as much as they did in the past about limiting covers.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home