Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 18, 2016 14:59

No use being negative before they have released it. Wait, hear, judge. If you dont like it you can still go back to Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 18, 2016 15:15

HMS
No use being negative before they have released it. Wait, hear, judge. If you dont like it you can still go back to Sticky Fingers.

thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2016 16:16

The Stones have often been able to surprise folks just when everyone is saying they're all washed up. Many people wrote them off right before Some Girls was released. This new album just might be great.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 18, 2016 16:59

I welcome a new album very much! New material is a good thing !

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:44

Agreed. However they were still young and wild when they recorded SOME GIRLS. Priorities in life change for all of us. I seriously doubt Mc Keith Ronnie and Charlie have the same hunger they did in 1977

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:49

Bashlets
Agreed. However they were still young and wild when they recorded SOME GIRLS. Priorities in life change for all of us. I seriously doubt Mc Keith Ronnie and Charlie have the same hunger they did in 1977

...now we have Streets of Love eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:51

IanBillen
mailexile67
Are they currently in the studio?!

We are 'next to positive' they are. Keith claims they are currently in the studio cutting new stuff and just two days ago Bernard Fowler snapped a photo of Keith in The Studio.

Anything more anyone?

Anyone have a link to that photo of KR in the studio?

Date: April 18, 2016 19:53

Bashlets

True. I don't expect another Some Girls but I still think they may very well surprise a lot of us.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 19, 2016 00:03

Speaking of something which we haven't made mention of as of late ... any word on who is the producer... or is there a specific producer?

I know Don Was is set to do some shows with a The Last Waltz sort of reunion..

He will most likely have to rehearse and such and have his time filled with that for a short while.

Not sure if he is on the studio project with the Stones or not.. or how much?

Any word or idea from any of ya-all. I 'think' I heard he was there with them last December in London.. is that so?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 19, 2016 00:09

Well I was surprised at the quality of "Laugh? I Nearly Died," "Plundered My Soul," and "When You're Gone" in the last decade or so. I expect there to be at least one or two standout songs. The real question is how the work itself holds up as an album or collection of tracks. For me, I think either of the approaches they took in the nineties with VOODOO LOUNGE or BRIDGES TO BABYLON could work quite well. I think the way they've worked since then makes it difficult for the magic to occur. There may have been other obstacles, though (such as writer's block) that made working in the fashion they have since 2002 necessary. At this juncture, we're only guessing about the creative process this time because we know how many demos Mick has stored away over recent years. It may be they are actually collaborating creatively on new material and Keith no longer feels Mick has "rewritten his part."

Date: April 19, 2016 10:54

Yes.. here it is from his Facebook page:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 19, 2016 10:56

Woz
IanBillen
mailexile67
Are they currently in the studio?!

We are 'next to positive' they are. Keith claims they are currently in the studio cutting new stuff and just two days ago Bernard Fowler snapped a photo of Keith in The Studio.

Anything more anyone?

Anyone have a link to that photo of KR in the studio?

Here it is ... from Bernard Fowlers Facebook Page:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 10:57 by IanBillen.

Date: April 19, 2016 11:15

Photo by Bernard Fowler

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 19, 2016 11:23

HonkeyTonkFlash
The Stones have often been able to surprise folks just when everyone is saying they're all washed up. Many people wrote them off right before Some Girls was released. This new album just might be great.

No offence, but that was 38 years ago.

Date: April 19, 2016 14:04

matxil
HonkeyTonkFlash

No offence, but that was 38 years ago.

True - I don't expect another SG, but they still might surprise folks who think they have absolutely nothing left.

Date: April 19, 2016 14:11

We have gotten scattered gems on ALL latter albums (yes, even on DW).

So, if they can master the art of self-censorship, kill some darlings and select tunes that go well together, I'm optimistic.

Stuff like Laugh, I Nearly Died, How Can I Stop and Back Of My Hand can be pretty strong together. Actually, the more I think about it I think this will be great grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 14:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 19, 2016 14:41

DandelionPowderman

So, if they can master the art of self-censorship, kill some darlings and select tunes that go well together, I'm optimistic.

Stuff like Laugh, I Nearly Died, How Can I Stop and Back Of My Hand can be pretty strong together. Actually, the more I think about it I think this will be great grinning smiley

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 19, 2016 14:51

DandelionPowderman

smileys with beer
Agreed, , although i dont like Laugh, and dont think laugh is a very good song.
But thats only my opinion.
Jeroen

Date: April 19, 2016 16:56

I recently got trashed here for liking ABB, but I don't care. I still like it. No, it's not in the same league as the "big four" but I think it's good rock and roll, especially compared to other rock and roll bands. I also liked Doom and Gloom. It rocked harder than what I expected from men who were then pushing 70. I'll be keeping an optimistic open mind until I actually hear the new album.

Date: April 19, 2016 17:08

I thought and still think ABB is great. I think its the best one from 1989 forward. Not sure why people trash it here. To them I say - they grew up and changed - they are not writing from a twenty something or thirty year old perspective. Get over it - enjoy what they give us. I look forward to the new recording....

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 19, 2016 17:12

Thanks for posting Ian!

Date: April 19, 2016 17:24

AlmostHearYouSigh
I thought and still think ABB is great. I think its the best one from 1989 forward. Not sure why people trash it here. To them I say - they grew up and changed - they are not writing from a twenty something or thirty year old perspective. Get over it - enjoy what they give us. I look forward to the new recording....
+1 thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 19, 2016 17:49

Maybe they'll call it GREATEST HITS since not one album is called that and besides the warhorse fans seem love greatest hits albums...

Date: April 19, 2016 17:52

GasLightStreet
Maybe they'll call it GREATEST HITS since not one album is called that and besides the warhorse fans seem love greatest hits albums...

That must be part 2 of «Great Hits», one of their compilations winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 17:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 19, 2016 18:06

If they manage to create an album like ABB but without the superfluous fillers, we can be very glad.
AAB kicks ass after sorting out some fillers and changing the sequence a bit. What an underrated album ABB is, just as underrated as Exile & SG are overrated.

Doom And Gloom (even One More Shot) showed that there is still potential. Of course relasing a killer single is one thing, releasing a killer album another. But it cant get any worse than Steel Wheels, thats impossible.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 19, 2016 18:17

my expectations bar is low, i hope to be surprised

and I listen to vodoo lounge outtakes if I want to be both optimistic and pessimistic
optimistic because there's plenty of good ideas, tiffs, tracks in there
pessimistic because back then they managed to cut most of the edge out of the record (still a good record though)

Like and still listen very much to Keith's CH, but that is a whole different story.
The good in CH comes from the time spent in the studio to work on the songs. nothing you can expect from a jagger richards collaboration nowadays. hope to be proved wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-19 18:23 by maumau.

Date: April 19, 2016 18:44

I heard they were doing new extended versions of Miss You, Brown Sugar and

SFTD for the new album!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2016 20:57

Mick is still writing lyrics and providing vocals at the golden years level. Remaining to be seen is what the rest of them have left. We know the rhythm section, unless they use outside bassists, is going to be a weak point. Hopefully Keith won't feel the need to croak out some semi-c&w song, or a throwaway with a Chuck Berry feel like One More Shot. Oh, come on, it'll have one, maybe two great songs and we'll never listen to it again. And of course they'll be those who think it's the greatest since Out of Our Heads.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 19, 2016 21:05

24FPS
Mick is still writing lyrics and providing vocals at the golden years level. Remaining to be seen is what the rest of them have left. We know the rhythm section, unless they use outside bassists, is going to be a weak point. Hopefully Keith won't feel the need to croak out some semi-c&w song, or a throwaway with a Chuck Berry feel like One More Shot. Oh, come on, it'll have one, maybe two great songs and we'll never listen to it again. And of course they'll be those who think it's the greatest since Out of Our Heads.

give it a chance, man, give it a chance!

smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2016 22:40

duke richardson
24FPS

give it a chance, man, give it a chance!

smiling smiley

I know. But I have lost faith in them to change anything, and things need to be changed. And maybe the energy needed to produce good Stones material is beyond them now. I heard Charlie in a recent interview sounding wistful after seeing Exhibitionism, expressing his regret that they would never reach those musical heights again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home