Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 15, 2016 10:06

IanBillen
mr edward
Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1
Mick could do an awesome album right now. And I have a feeling he's been building one up for quite some time. It may never top Crosseyed Heart for me, which is one of my favorites - ever. But I can really see Mick putting out a follow-up to Wandering Spirit, something of that high-caliber quality, with a world music feel. What was Mick doing bowling with Jack White? Then he hangout in a recording studio in Cuba. He's been working on an album for a while now. I think he may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, too, and it will ultimately benefit Stones fans everywhere. Watch out for Mick's solo album and a new Stones album. Now Keith might have to do a new one....

There's no reason for Mick not to do another solo album... other than hardly anyone cares. His last LP bombed. He's had YEARS to do another solo record.

Yeah but you're gonna like his new one. We all are. It's gonna be that good.

A new Stones album AND a new Jagger album would be great.

And here's why: all the bubble gum pop will end up on the solo effort, leaving the rootsy material for the Stones release.

Uhhh ..... folks .. I 'seriously' doubt Mick Jagger is working on solo material at the very same time he is working on a new Stones album (.. didn't they go through all that in 1983-84 with the Undercover /She's The Boss debacle which ultimately started WWIII between Mick and Keith .. .. .... VERY seriously doubt that kind of scenario would ever take place again).

Jagger is not working on something solo .. I am quite sure right now his and the entire bands current studio focus (all of them) is the Stones album to come.

Ian

Agreed! But it's nice to dream: 2 albums are better then one.

Date: April 15, 2016 18:14

mr edward
IanBillen
mr edward
Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1
Mick could do an awesome album right now. And I have a feeling he's been building one up for quite some time. It may never top Crosseyed Heart for me, which is one of my favorites - ever. But I can really see Mick putting out a follow-up to Wandering Spirit, something of that high-caliber quality, with a world music feel. What was Mick doing bowling with Jack White? Then he hangout in a recording studio in Cuba. He's been working on an album for a while now. I think he may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, too, and it will ultimately benefit Stones fans everywhere. Watch out for Mick's solo album and a new Stones album. Now Keith might have to do a new one....

There's no reason for Mick not to do another solo album... other than hardly anyone cares. His last LP bombed. He's had YEARS to do another solo record.

Yeah but you're gonna like his new one. We all are. It's gonna be that good.

A new Stones album AND a new Jagger album would be great.

And here's why: all the bubble gum pop will end up on the solo effort, leaving the rootsy material for the Stones release.

Uhhh ..... folks .. I 'seriously' doubt Mick Jagger is working on solo material at the very same time he is working on a new Stones album (.. didn't they go through all that in 1983-84 with the Undercover /She's The Boss debacle which ultimately started WWIII between Mick and Keith .. .. .... VERY seriously doubt that kind of scenario would ever take place again).

Jagger is not working on something solo .. I am quite sure right now his and the entire bands current studio focus (all of them) is the Stones album to come.

Ian

Agreed! But it's nice to dream: 2 albums are better then one.

Are we not counting the SUPERHEAVY mega-group Mick was in? I still shudder when I think of it...

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 15, 2016 18:18

KRiffhard
brainer
the new Album could be called " Back to Blues ", with guests Mick Taylor, Buddy Guy ....

It's too good to be true!

Yes. I think Mick Taylor must be a special guest in a blues album If they will ever do a blues album.Anyway he is fantastic also on "Plundered My Soul".

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 15, 2016 22:41

An album of straight covers would be interesting. More than just blues, though. Get Mick to sing a C/W song straight, a couple of old Motown hits, take a shot at a couple of contemporary tunes, something disco, something rockabilly. Could be fun.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 15, 2016 22:56

wonderboy
An album of straight covers would be interesting. More than just blues, though. Get Mick to sing a C/W song straight, a couple of old Motown hits, take a shot at a couple of contemporary tunes, something disco, something rockabilly. Could be fun.

I would be let down if they did that. After all these years since A Bigger Bang, I need some new Jagger-Richards tunes...even if they don't really write them together anymore...winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:29

wonderboy
An album of straight covers would be interesting.
Won't happen : Mick must have 40 or 50 song demos and Keef must have errr... 3 or 4 song "ideas" in his pocket. So thye need to get these new songs out of their system.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:58

HonkeyTonkFlash
wonderboy

I would be let down if they did that. After all these years since A Bigger Bang, I need some new Jagger-Richards tunes...even if they don't really write them together anymore...winking smiley

They won't do that. Covers mean no songwriting royalties for Mick and Keef.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 16, 2016 01:53

pepganzo
KRiffhard
brainer
the new Album could be called " Back to Blues ", with guests Mick Taylor, Buddy Guy ....

Yes. I think Mick Taylor must be a special guest in a blues album If they will ever do a blues album.Anyway he is fantastic also on "Plundered My Soul".

eye rolling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 02:25

dcba
wonderboy
An album of straight covers would be interesting.
Won't happen : Mick must have 40 or 50 song demos and Keef must have errr... 3 or 4 song "ideas" in his pocket. So thye need to get these new songs out of their system.

Well, that's what I was wondering about. If Mick has all this material, why did he get together with the Stones for two days and record covers? Maybe it's a matter of trust. It can't always be the competitive thing that drives their shared creativity. Mick and Keith probably have to trust each other.

Also, people like to complain a lot. Look at all the complaints they got about playing Doom & Gloom live. Everybody complained about ABB. Mick has said before that people don't want to hear the new songs live.

I personally think Doom & Gloom is a good song. I enjoy it. I think Mick plays the whole thing on a Strat with single coils and not much distortion. The recorded version could have been a bit harder-edged. But the song itself I like. I can get into about half of ABB. I mostly don't appreciate the sound being overly computerized. Ronnie adds creative flourishes here and there but ABB sounds too stiff overall.

Blues covers make sense to me. Can Keith and Mick get along well enough to write together again? I hope so. And I don't mean emailing or faxing each other ideas. if they're in a room together, looking in each other's eyes, then maybe we will get another truly great, original Stones album. Cover songs are probably a good common-ground place to start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-16 02:27 by Socrates1.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 16, 2016 02:46

A double CD with 12 blues covers and 12 new songs.

That would be cool.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 16, 2016 08:05

Midnight Toker

That would be cool.

thumbs up

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 08:07

thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 16, 2016 08:56

A thoughtful selection of 8/10 tunes (not yearning to sound juvenile) will be welcomed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-16 08:59 by maumau.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 11:19

Are they currently in the studio?!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 16, 2016 12:03

Midnight Toker

That would be cool.

I am another to agree to that.

And hopefully, if the album will be broadly well received, giving rise to many new songs from both parts into the setlists for following concerts, maybe even replacing seemingly untouchable warhorses? Alternating which are replaced? Fresh blood both ways?

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 17, 2016 05:31

mailexile67
Are they currently in the studio?!

We are 'next to positive' they are. Keith claims they are currently in the studio cutting new stuff and just two days ago Bernard Fowler snapped a photo of Keith in The Studio.

Anything more anyone?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 17, 2016 09:46

I seriously doubt the new album is finished. bernard Fowler will do some shows round about the end of April. He will probably have to do some things for the new album.
jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 17, 2016 10:02

“That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

...a surprise?! confused smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 11:42

A Blues standards duets album with 4-5 new tunes?!?

Date: April 17, 2016 11:57

Niek
pepganzo
KRiffhard
brainer

eye rolling smiley

Ok, sorry, maybe you dont know Mick Taylor.

I'm very happy about the collaboration with Eric Clapton in one new blues track, but I think that it is not sufficient to justify a blues album. I love Eric Clapton, but the Stones can use Mick Taylor's slide in some tracks. Of course Mick Taylor's contribution would be something more and not something necessary.
BUT a new track with Eric Clapton has got more media interest, yes...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:20

If memory serves well Keith once said about Taylor that he "is useful on stage but not useful in the studio".

I bet Taylor will not appear on the new Stones-record. How could he? He is on warpath again. The Stones are tired of Taylor who is always fussing about something, always feeling insulted.

Ronnie and Keith can do all the guitar work by themselves - maybe it would take a little longer to get things right but they dont really need Taylor on guitar.

I cannot image them to release a straight blues album, it will rather be the usual mixed bag like in the last couple of decades. Remember Mick came with a trunk of demos, cannot imagine that they remain unused. There might be one or two blues tracks on the album but the rest of the blues-tracks they have been cutting will end up in the vaults.

It will be great to hear something new either way.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:28

mailexile67
A Blues standards duets album with 4-5 new tunes?!?

As long as the duet is Mick and Keith. smoking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:36

The great possibility as mentionned before, is an album of their own songs and, separately in the same package, a bonus album of blues (or R&B ) songs. They allegedly have recorded material enough and of high quality.

And, hopefully, the potential album of their own songs would sound as an album that does not appear as one more post-1989-album, but signal a new, if rather short, phase in their career.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 17, 2016 16:29

pepganzo
Niek
pepganzo
KRiffhard
brainer

eye rolling smiley

I'm very happy about the collaboration with Eric Clapton in one new blues track, but I think that it is not sufficient to justify a blues album. I love Eric Clapton, but the Stones can use Mick Taylor's slide in some tracks. Of course Mick Taylor's contribution would be something more and not something necessary.
The Rolling Stones do not need any of Clapton, Taylor will have two great blues guitarists who can do without problems.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 17, 2016 17:39

The album should be called: "Brian".

Date: April 17, 2016 18:18

Testify
pepganzo
Niek
pepganzo
KRiffhard
brainer

eye rolling smiley

The Rolling Stones do not need any of Clapton, Taylor will have two great blues guitarists who can do without problems.

I did not say that they will have problem without MT.
Mick Taylor's contribution would be something more and not something necessary.
The point is that a new album is necessary to play new song on tour and have different set lists.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 17, 2016 20:57

Do you sleep with your ex ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:04

toomuchforme

no, she doesn't want to…

to be serious: Why such a fuss about a new album that will be forgotten only a lew weeks after its release?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 17, 2016 21:19

slewan
toomuchforme

no, she doesn't want to…

to be serious: Why such a fuss about a new album that will be forgotten only a lew weeks after its release?

Why?? Maybe it will be one of their best yet !!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Jeroen

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: April 18, 2016 14:41

some so called fans are negative of the new album like jagger says they want to live in the past, we all have choice to buy the album or not, I am sure it will be good.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home