Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Date: December 24, 2013 20:12

Chris Fountain
It's like this - I take ACC basketball very personally. The Pack now has talent and a Wooden taught coach. I'm sick and tired of every game played against Duke or UNC is always altered by favortism via the Refs.

We don't have to worry about that crime anymore as we will win outright! GO PACK!!!

+

you always say that about the refs. the wolfpack was picked to win the ACC last year. what happened? they are even worse this year and are 9-2 with a SOS ranking of 131. so 130 teams play a harder schedule then NC State

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 24, 2013 20:17

keefriffhard4life
you can also just look up strength of schedule rankings:
duke= 22
PITT= 117
CUSE= 91
FSU= 21
UNC=11

UNC has played the hardest schedule but again they'll beat a top 10 yeam and then lose the next game to and unranked team. they have 2 losses to teams not even in the top 100

In the ACC, this is how I rank the top tier teams -

1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3. Florida State
4. NC State
5. Wake Forest
6. Pitt
7. UNC
8. Ga Tech
8. Notre Dame

Va Tech & Virginia (these two teams are hard to predict) but they could be in the mix

Date: December 24, 2013 20:39

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
duke= 22
PITT= 117
CUSE= 91
FSU= 21
UNC=11

UNC has played the hardest schedule but again they'll beat a top 10 yeam and then lose the next game to and unranked team. they have 2 losses to teams not even in the top 100

1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3. Florida State
4. NC State
5. Wake Forest
6. Pitt
7. UNC
8. Ga Tech
8. Notre Dame

Va Tech & Virginia (these two teams are hard to predict) but they could be in the mix

1 syracuse
2 duke
3 UNC
4 FSU
5 PITT
6 UVA
7 NC state

then the rest. notre dame just lost their leading scorer for the rest of the season.

Date: December 24, 2013 22:52

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
duke= 22
PITT= 117
CUSE= 91
FSU= 21
UNC=11

1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3. Florida State
4. NC State
5. Wake Forest
6. Pitt
7. UNC
8. Ga Tech
8. Notre Dame

1 syracuse
2 duke
3 UNC
4 FSU
5 PITT
6 UVA
7 NC state

then the rest. notre dame just lost their leading scorer for the rest of the season.

Somehow -we both left out Clemson whom has been destroying everyone thus far. What a great new league - eh?

Date: December 24, 2013 22:54

and next year we add louisville but drop maryland

Date: December 24, 2013 23:00

keefriffhard4life

Is there anyway for the Terps to remain in the ACC? Probably not. Sad as it is we must move on - Louisville will more than make up for it, - the ACC is a Power conference. FSU must beat Auburn to make the stamp of approval valid!

Date: December 24, 2013 23:15

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life

Is there anyway for the Terps to remain in the ACC? Probably not. Sad as it is we must move on - Louisville will more than make up for it, - the ACC is a Power conference. FSU must beat Auburn to make the stamp of approval valid!

maryland wants out. they feel like they are ignored since they don't play in north carolina. there were rumors of the ACC picking up the cincy bearcats and 1 other team at some point but i haven't heard any more talks about it

Date: December 25, 2013 17:17

I think the main goal of the ACC isto has a full mmember. We really neeed to eradicate the NCAAA and go with the Super Conferences approach.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 27, 2013 15:26

Aaron Rogers suiting up Sunday. Hope he is healed up enough to make a game of it. Should be a war. Lot of good matchups for last week of regular season. Time to separate the pretenders from the contenders!>grinning smiley< GO HAWKS!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 27, 2013 15:36

crholmstrom
Aaron Rogers suiting up Sunday. Hope he is healed up enough to make a game of it. Should be a war. Lot of good matchups for last week of regular season. Time to separate the pretenders from the contenders!>grinning smiley< GO HAWKS!
thumbs up Dallas Philly should be a good game too, for Philly anyway winking smiley

If you are picking players in the final week of the pick em games be careful to stay away from teams / players where they might be sitting. Some super stars will be resting up, not playing the full game, this weekend to prepping for the playoffs. Look to the spreads for clues.

Id like to see N.E. and N.O. do well this weekend.

Date: December 27, 2013 15:50

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
thumbs up Dallas Philly should be a good game too, for Philly anyway winking smiley

If you are picking players in the final week of the pick em games be careful to stay away from teams / players where they might be sitting. Some super stars will be resting up, not playing the full game, this weekend to prepping for the playoffs. Look to the spreads for clues.

Dallas did sign the mighty John Kitna.grinning smiley He is teaching math & coaching football in Tacoma, WA. Cool thing: he is donating his 1 week salary from the Cowpies to the school. Would be nice if Jerry Jones kicked in too. I'd like to see Arizona snipe the 40Whiners. In the end though, I'm good as long as the Hawks lock up home field through the playoffs. I think last week's loss was actually a good thing. It put the chip back on their shoulder & the team seems to play much better when in that state. The Rams won't be a pushover. How about them? Near .500 for the season & they get the Washington team's first round pick. They will be a force next year. The days of NFC Worst are gone for a long time it looks like.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 27, 2013 23:26

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

Dallas did sign the mighty John Kitna.grinning smiley He is teaching math & coaching football in Tacoma, WA. Cool thing: he is donating his 1 week salary from the Cowpies to the school. Would be nice if Jerry Jones kicked in too. I'd like to see Arizona snipe the 40Whiners. In the end though, I'm good as long as the Hawks lock up home field through the playoffs. I think last week's loss was actually a good thing. It put the chip back on their shoulder & the team seems to play much better when in that state. The Rams won't be a pushover. How about them? Near .500 for the season & they get the Washington team's first round pick. They will be a force next year. The days of NFC Worst are gone for a long time it looks like.

Agree with most of your comment but C'mon save the banal 40Whiners moniker.

Date: December 28, 2013 00:18

seahawks fans call them the 40whiners yet most seahawks fans i know have been whining since that superbowl loss to the steelers about how the league screwed them over with bad refs

Date: December 28, 2013 02:15

keefriffhard4life
seahawks fans call them the 40whiners yet most seahawks fans i know have been whining since that superbowl loss to the steelers about how the league screwed them over with bad refs

True. I haven't because regardless of the refs they had plenty of opportunities to win if they would've executed. This team is way better.The SF fans bought a billboard up here about "Got Lombardis?". Problem is it is 30 miles south of the stadium. The Whiner thing started with the article in SF paper about fans being too loud up here. Haha! Somebody should lock Harbaugh in a room & make him listen to Michael Bolton til he pees his pants. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-28 02:19 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 28, 2013 12:53

like always the nfl pro bowl is a joke. nick foles snubbed despite having the 2nd best QB performance of the year behind peyton manning. sheldon richardson snubbed despite being in the talk for rookie of the year. mo wilkerson snubbed despite being in the talk for defensive player of the year. nick mangold snubbed despite the jets averaging the 2nd most rushing yards up the middle, mangold is the center so he is blocking. tony gonzalez snubbed.

how about this, the cleveland browns have 5 pro bowl players. the jets, steelers, giants, packers and falcons combined only have 2 pro bowl players

Date: December 28, 2013 13:01

How about Steven Haushka & John Ryan as kickers? The Hawks are about to set a new NFL record regarding punt return yardage defended. They have been awesome on the return coverage. I think the new format is kind of wacky too. Team mates playing against each other. The game has always been kind of a joke. Nice to see Kam Chancellor get recognition. No matter, as the Hawks will be getting ready for the Super Bowl & unable to attend. I hope.

Date: December 28, 2013 13:33

I like the Pro bowl, it is what it is, an exhibition with the Stars of the game playing in a more fun then anything else game. It is going to be all offense, no defense and big time scoring. I like it. Of course there is always going to be snubs, that is way all things like this go

I also like the way they are mixing it up this year. It will not simply be the AFC VS NFC. This year each "side" is going to draft players, so it there will be some players going against team mates. It should be fun to watch, as always.

Date: December 28, 2013 13:56

Max'sKansasCity
I like the Pro bowl, it is what it is, an exhibition with the Stars of the game playing in a more fun then anything else game. It is going to be all offense, no defense and big time scoring. I like it. Of course there is always going to be snubs, that is way all things like this go

I also like the way they are mixing it up this year. It will not simply be the AFC VS NFC. This year each "side" is going to draft players, so it there will be some players going against team mates. It should be fun to watch, as always.
Good on your Chiefs with the 8 selections. Hopefully they won't be there because they are getting ready for the Super Bowl, along with my Hawks!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 28, 2013 14:05

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Good on your Chiefs with the 8 selections. Hopefully they won't be there because they are getting ready for the Super Bowl, along with my Hawks!>grinning smiley<

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 8 Chiefs selected is awesome!!

I dont think this is the year for the Chiefs in the super bowl, I dont think we have all the pieces (need wide receivers) yet... BUT... next year? maybe.

I am hoping for a great draft. But no matter what as of this second I am DELIGHTED with how well the Chiefs did this year. I am delighted with our new head coach Andy Reid, and hopefully we only make gains in the off season drafting players to fill the holes we have. I think all we really need are 2-3 WRs and a great TE or 2.

Good luck to your Seahawks, this could be their year!!

Date: December 28, 2013 14:29

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 8 Chiefs selected is awesome!!

I dont think this is the year for the Chiefs in the super bowl, I dont think we have all the pieces (need wide receivers) yet... BUT... next year? maybe.

I am hoping for a great draft. But no matter what as of this second I am DELIGHTED with how well the Chiefs did this year. I am delighted with our new head coach Andy Reid, and hopefully we only make gains in the off season drafting players to fill the holes we have. I think all we really need are 2-3 WRs and a great TE or 2.

Good luck to your Seahawks, this could be their year!!

Depending on how the draft falls, you could snag Austin Sefarian-Jenkins from UW. Tight end of the year. Think KC would be good place for him. Smaller market, easier to keep him out of trouble. Think he got the message earlier in year. He's a pretty good player. In fact I wouldn't mind the Hawks getting him but he'll never be there when the Hawks draft. I was looking at tickets for tomorrow but the cost is ridiculous. $200 for a crappy seat. I'm saving it for the playoffs. Cultivating a season ticket holder I have worked with. He is thinking about selling his division round tickets to help finance his seats for next year & wouldn't be out for blood on the cost with me. Would rather spend the dollars on that & stay home tomorrow. Budgetary considerations. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:07

If Arizona wins and the Saints win AZ is out of the playoffs at 11-5 yet division winners with worse records - Philly currently at 9-6 and Chicago at 8-7 - could be in the playoffs.

That's a horrible scenario. They seed the conference... except division winners are seeded higher than non-division winners. That's plain ol' dumb. NFL rewards lame teams with a home game playoff position. It should be seeded strictly by record.

Date: December 28, 2013 23:57

You would be touchy about that in NO!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-29 01:31 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 29, 2013 00:07

GasLightStreet
If Arizona wins and the Saints win AZ is out of the playoffs at 11-5 yet division winners with worse records - Philly currently at 9-6 and Chicago at 8-7 - could be in the playoffs.

That's a horrible scenario. They seed the conference... except division winners are seeded higher than non-division winners. That's plain ol' dumb. NFL rewards lame teams with a home game playoff position. It should be seeded strictly by record.
maybe new orleans will win their first road playoff game in team history this year since it looks like they will be a wild card

Date: December 29, 2013 00:36

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

maybe new orleans will win their first road playoff game in team history this year since it looks like they will be a wild card

Maybe they can build a dome for them or make sure they play somewhere with nice weather.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:30

crholmstrom
You would be touchy about that in NO!winking smiley

You might be surprised at what some Saints fans are thinking right now.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:31

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

I'm sure you can believe me when I tell you I'm not holding my breath - about either scenario!

Date: December 29, 2013 01:37

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Maybe they can build a dome for them or make sure they play somewhere with nice weather.

Hey now, they won two road games in outdoor stadiums! Ha ha. It is amazing how pathetic they are on the road though. That St Louis game was just amazingly awful - almost more so than the Seattle game. I expected something bad with the Seattle game but not as bad as it turned out! They only bothered to show up! St Louis they rolled over.

The Saints had a good start to the season but something happened. The loss to the Jets started it all. They should've won that game. The Jets!! That's like losing to the Browns or Jaguars or Raiders. That started the downhill slide. All the talk about playing at home... Seattle lost at home. To Arizona. Who the Saints beat. What Saints team shows up tomorrow... won't convince me of anything.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:42

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Hey now, they won two road games in outdoor stadiums! Ha ha. It is amazing how pathetic they are on the road though. That St Louis game was just amazingly awful - almost more so than the Seattle game. I expected something bad with the Seattle game but not as bad as it turned out! They only bothered to show up! St Louis they rolled over.

The Saints had a good start to the season but something happened. The loss to the Jets started it all. They should've won that game. The Jets!! That's like losing to the Browns or Jaguars or Raiders. That started the downhill slide. All the talk about playing at home... Seattle lost at home. To Arizona. Who the Saints beat. What Saints team shows up tomorrow... won't convince me of anything.

Arizona is tough! We had 4 INT & they still beat us. Hawk offense definitely had a bad day & the ARI D was a big part of that. The next day, Pete Carroll arrived at the Hawk complex @ 4:45AM. Russell Wilson was already there studying film. Don't think we're a going to have a repeat performance tomorrow. The NFC West is set up to be a force for years to come.

Date: December 29, 2013 17:42

I used to think that saying "on any given Sunday" was stupid, because the powerhouse (great) teams usually win regardless of where they are. This season teams that were supposedly going to be great or very good through the season became just good or even mediocre. And some snuck up to being very good - but because of the lameness of the NFL's playoff structure, one of those teams will possibly not make the playoffs while teams with fluff records like Green Bay or Dallas could.

What the Seahawks did to the Saints was a head scratcher, especially considering the the Saints looked more like the Browns, because what the Seahawks didn't do to the 49ers a week later was ridiculous. In the past if that was New England then NE would have won that game. That's the difference this year from teams being great to being very good or just good.

A very interesting end to the season today with so many playoff potentials still possible. My prediction is if the Saints make it as a wild card they lose to Philly... in Philly.

Then again... even with the playoffs, on any given Sunday.

So what happens if the Saints/Eagles game is on a Saturday? Ha ha.

Date: December 29, 2013 21:56

GasLightStreet
I used to think that saying "on any given Sunday" was stupid, because the powerhouse (great) teams usually win regardless of where they are. This season teams that were supposedly going to be great or very good through the season became just good or even mediocre. And some snuck up to being very good - but because of the lameness of the NFL's playoff structure, one of those teams will possibly not make the playoffs while teams with fluff records like Green Bay or Dallas could.

What the Seahawks did to the Saints was a head scratcher, especially considering the the Saints looked more like the Browns, because what the Seahawks didn't do to the 49ers a week later was ridiculous. In the past if that was New England then NE would have won that game. That's the difference this year from teams being great to being very good or just good.

A very interesting end to the season today with so many playoff potentials still possible. My prediction is if the Saints make it as a wild card they lose to Philly... in Philly.

Then again... even with the playoffs, on any given Sunday.

So what happens if the Saints/Eagles game is on a Saturday? Ha ha.

Carolina doesn't look that stellar so far today.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home