Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 6, 2013 03:33

Crholmstrom- You are a wise man. Yes, a Hawks win in the SB would be a great shot of medicine. Take care and GO HAWKS!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 6, 2013 03:49

Midnight Toker
Crholmstrom- You are a wise man. Yes, a Hawks win in the SB would be a great shot of medicine. Take care and GO HAWKS!!

They are a solid bet as Home field Advantage is favorable. Carolina could pose problems but i think they will beat them. I do not know the status of D Thomas for Denver. Without him they suffer. N.E.? The most plastic football team (this year) I've ever seen. KC seems like the only team in the feild that could compete. Detroit on the NFC side (again) is dangerous with CJ.

I see no reason why the Hawks cannot win the Superbowl on a misty, cold day in NJ... GO HAWKS!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-06 03:53 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 6, 2013 12:05

Chris Fountain
Midnight Toker

They are a solid bet as Home field Advantage is favorable. Carolina could pose problems but i think they will beat them. I do not know the status of D Thomas for Denver. Without him they suffer. N.E.? The most plastic football team (this year) I've ever seen. KC seems like the only team in the feild that could compete. Detroit on the NFC side (again) is dangerous with CJ.

I see no reason why the Hawks cannot win the Superbowl on a misty, cold day in NJ... GO HAWKS!!!

This Sunday is shaping up to be a war. Some Seahawk fans have hired a plane to fly over Candlestick an hour before the game with a Seahawks banner. I'm sure that will go over well. Gotta love the division battles. I think the upcoming game against Arizona will be a good one, too.smoking smiley

Date: December 6, 2013 23:48

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Midnight Toker

This Sunday is shaping up to be a war. Some Seahawk fans have hired a plane to fly over Candlestick an hour before the game with a Seahawks banner. I'm sure that will go over well. Gotta love the division battles. I think the upcoming game against Arizona will be a good one, too.smoking smiley

Arizona is slipping under the Radar. Speaking of radars, I don't think flying a Hawks plane over SF is a good idea. It may get shot down by ferry dust smileys with beer

Florida State is favored by 29 over Duke. I wouldn't bet on this game. I think the Noles are the obvious winners. I'm not sure on the Spread. They will be playing a Senior ladened team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-06 23:55 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 7, 2013 01:14

Max'sKansasCity
I think Houston gets the head scratcher of the year award.
One might think that they should be a lot better than this.

Looks like their ownership agrees... bye Gary, first head coach to get fired this season, but he wont be the last... who will next?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-07 01:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 7, 2013 01:24

With respect to the Texans, the QB position was and still is the missing piece of the puzzle. Coaching in the NFL, is less involved with player personnel decisions/development versus college football for example. In any event, they are are in a downturn.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: December 7, 2013 03:06

Seattle if against the Detroit Lions in the playoffs... will get destroyed.

Date: December 7, 2013 03:15

three16

With respect - not in Seattle... and that would be the scenario. CJ is awesome - but no opponent at the Hawk nation.

Date: December 7, 2013 11:39

Chris Fountain
three16

With respect - not in Seattle... and that would be the scenario. CJ is awesome - but no opponent at the Hawk nation.
Agree, Chris. If it were in that horrible stadium in Detroit maybe. Detroit is definitely on the upswing but seem to be inconsistent. With the state of that division, they should be running away with it. This year was their chance with the injury troubles in Chicago & Green Bay.

Date: December 7, 2013 11:41

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Midnight Toker

Arizona is slipping under the Radar. Speaking of radars, I don't think flying a Hawks plane over SF is a good idea. It may get shot down by ferry dust smileys with beer

Florida State is favored by 29 over Duke. I wouldn't bet on this game. I think the Noles are the obvious winners. I'm not sure on the Spread. They will be playing a Senior ladened team.

Haha! We probably shouldn't go there. Wouldn't be prudent. The flyover is limited to an hour before the game as the NFL, probably wisely. doesn't allow overflights during games.

Date: December 7, 2013 14:01

Slightly OT-OT: evidently the Seattle Mariners realized how irrelevant they were becoming. Big move signing Robinson Cano away from the evil empire. Now if they can just figure out how to put a team around him. Hopefully this is a move to make the team more attractive to a new owner (Mark Cuban - are you paying attention?!). GO HAWKS!

Date: December 7, 2013 17:23

SF is faved at 2.5 points. The question is will there be a letdown after beating N.O.? And the Niners seem to be playing better.

This will be a crazy weekend. Carolina at N.O. as three point dogs - mmmm Miami at Pitt as only three point dogs.

I think, although Miami has covered the spread all year long, this will be a different game. Ambush. Very Cold weather too. Under looks good. Pitt is dependable always in this role.

I don't gamble except only on Stocks and lotto tickets.

If you gamble, take NC State over Long Beach State (College B-Ball) in Raleigh. I see a final score of 87- 69. that should easily cover the spread.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 7, 2013 21:20

I think the Niners will have enough to win this Sunday...but winning in the playoffs in Seattle is another thing considering how poorly they have played there the last two times. Although they are the last road team to win there.

Date: December 8, 2013 02:24

EPIC (and I rare use that word) MLS CUP CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

SPORTING KANSAS CITY WINS IT!!!

WOW!!!!

90 minutes played to 1-1 tie
30 more minutes ends at 1-1 tie
5 shot shoot out ends in 3-3 tie

IT GOES TO SUDDEN DEATH SHOOT OUT....
IT GOES TO ALL 5 SHOTS TIED UNTIL THE LAST ONE... AND BOOM KC WINS IT!!! FINALLY

There was no loser in this match..... Congrats Real Salt Lake...

SPORTING KANSAS CITY ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE LEAGUE

Date: December 8, 2013 02:25

smileys with beer CONGRATS SPORTING KC!!!! smileys with beer

we now return you to the regularly scheduled NFL thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-08 02:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 8, 2013 07:17

One has to love the Spartan victory. Urban Meyer was rude after the the "game "handshake." Gotta to like!!!

Date: December 8, 2013 12:24

Time to blow up Candlestick & the 40Whiners with it! The Whiners sent a letter out to their fans this week about how to cheer. How lame is that? I will admit that "Seaderall" Seahawks is pretty dang funny. What's a few drugs amongst friends?winking smiley

Date: December 8, 2013 12:26

Max'sKansasCity

Congrats to KC! I wish I could get into soccer but that bug hasn't bit me yet. I have tried. Nice to see there is an actual winner in the championship game, no tie or aggregate scoring.smileys with beer

Date: December 8, 2013 12:54

Raising the kids right. Listen to the question about halfway through to Russell Wilson. I'm a sucker for little kids. It's a flaw in the armor but have found being kind to children is usually good karma. The one I helped raise has turned out well & is a rabid Seahawk fan. Took her to her first game a few years ago. Now 21 & very knowledgeable. Looks like these folks have the right idea!>grinning smiley<
[espn.go.com]

Date: December 8, 2013 15:34

I loved Mich State beating OSU last night. I loved seeing the Thugs go down!! Urban Meyer wasn't even sincere when shaking hands at the end of the game. It was obvious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-08 15:36 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 8, 2013 15:46

Chris Fountain
I loved Mich State beating OSU last night. I loved seeing the Thugs go down!! Urban Meyer wasn't even sincere when shaking hands at the end of the game. It was obvious.

Totally agree. OSU one of those schools that think they are entitled to everything. Evidence the Cheaty McSweatervest years (last coach whose name is eluding me). Feel the same about Free Shoes U. I know someone who actually taught @ FSU during the Bowden years. It is not the paragon of virtue that the media makes it out to be. I kind of like the Auburn story, even if they are in the SEC. Hope we get a good championship game.

Date: December 8, 2013 15:55

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Totally agree. OSU one of those schools that think they are entitled to everything. Evidence the Cheaty McSweatervest years (last coach whose name is eluding me). Feel the same about Free Shoes U. I know someone who actually taught @ FSU during the Bowden years. It is not the paragon of virtue that the media makes it out to be. I kind of like the Auburn story, even if they are in the SEC. Hope we get a good championship game.

I think it will be Florida State - Auburn; However, I'm not sure. It is good to see my beloved ACC in the Championship game.

Date: December 8, 2013 16:10

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

I think it will be Florida State - Auburn; However, I'm not sure. It is good to see my beloved ACC in the Championship game.
Just as long as 'Bama isn't involved, I'm good with it.

Date: December 8, 2013 17:22

Here are my TV games today: 1:00 Miami-Pitt, Detroit-Philly. 4:00 game is NY Giants-SD.

All important games but the later Seattle-SF game is not national. UNBELIEVEABLE.

I do have NFL Redzone to see the Hawks!!

Car -N.O. is the 8:00 ESPN game.

Date: December 8, 2013 18:38

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Congrats to KC! I wish I could get into soccer but that bug hasn't bit me yet. I have tried. Nice to see there is an actual winner in the championship game, no tie or aggregate scoring.smileys with beer
YAAAAA, THX!!! It is the first for Sporting KC, but not the last. The best soccer specific stadium (Sporting park) was built to attract talent, and it looks like it worked.

as far as the bug...
Maybe try this.... 1) Start by only watching key/important games 2) View the first 75 minutes as foreplay.... it is just both teams going back and forth, over and over, proving who is in better shape and worthy of a win... this is a good time to drink a beer or whatever one enjoys 3) minutes 75-85 is when the real sex starts, it is when time is of the essence, and things really heat up 4) minutes 85-90 is climax time... MUST GET THE MONEY SHOT!!! MUST GET A GOAL... it is probably tied (JUST LIKE overtime in the NFL and it is tied 35-35 (versus 0-0 or 1-1, they are the same concept)) and the next score will probably win... they are all huffing and puffing and driving and shooting...

and it is actually is pretty exciting.... try watcing an important game like that sometime... it is what worked for me.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 8, 2013 19:04

Max'sKansasCity
Real Salt Lake

LOL, do they even know what that name means eye rolling smiley

Date: December 8, 2013 19:11

Va-Tech at Miami 12:30 start (ESPNU) - better than watching Dingbat experts before the games start. Do not estimate Coach Jim Laraanaga!!!!!! Pregrame NFL Shows are weak with no standard.

Date: December 8, 2013 19:23

YIKES!!! Weather is affecting several of my picks today. The only thing worse than snow is freezing rain, the ball can go/do anything in that crap.

I dont like domes... but... but... ch-ch-ch-chchanges

Date: December 8, 2013 19:37

Max'sKansasCity
YIKES!!! Weather is affecting several of my picks today. The only thing worse than snow is freezing rain, the ball can go/do anything in that crap.

I dont like domes... but... but... ch-ch-ch-chchanges

Take the home dome teams!!!! You will win!!!

yep the Dome teams playings in bad weather got their tails whipped. Nothing new or special.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-08 23:27 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 8, 2013 20:11

HOLY MOLY!!!
It is a blizzard in Philly...
My TV looks all analogy TV and stuff aka SNOWY!! winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home