Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:05

Arizona, Niners, Carolina, KC, Miami, Colts and Seattle (though played a hapless giants team) all played good, doing what they need to do.

Dallas, Philly, Saints...all bad. Denver on Thursday and the Pats today disappoint. I'm less confident now of the Pats after today's loss to Miami.

Kansas City and the 49ers look a little better in my mind, but not enough to overcome Seattle, Denver and the Pats.

A lot on the line supposedly in tonight's Cincy - Steelers game...I'd like to see the Bengals win this one as its been awhile since they've been on top, and I like seeing the Pats squirm watching from afar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 03:08 by nightskyman.

Date: December 16, 2013 03:11

DGA35
One of the few times I'm cheering for the Cowboys and they come up with one of the biggest chokes in history! 34 second half points for the Pack!?! Romo chokes again late in the game. I was so happy that the Bears won so they are now (temporarily) in first place in the NFC North. I got a bad feeling that it'll come down to the final week when they play Green Bay and Aaron Rogers will be back and they'll win to knock the Bears out of the playoffs.

looks like you're right about Chicago and Green Bay. Such a huge game, comeback win for Green Bay.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:16

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:04

Dallas just SUCKS!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:20

Did New England lose to Miami today?

And now Cincinnati is already down 21 in the first quarter to Pittsburgh.

Date: December 16, 2013 04:30

It aint over until the thinnly challenged woman sings... and on any given Sunday in the NFL any team can beat any other team... ya gotta love it.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:37

Midnight Toker
crholmstrom- Hope you are feeling better. GO HAWKS!!!!

Thanks! I'm going to try & make the Arizona game. Should find out in the next couple of days. My ticket connection went to NYC for this week's game. GO HAWKS!

Date: December 16, 2013 12:41

Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Kansas City - What a joke for a football team. Again they will lose the rest of the season.

LMAO, again, at you, again. Do you ever make non-drivel posts?

Next time you get banned, again, when you come back, again,
you should use the screen name "Dumb as a bag of Rocks", it fits you perfectly.

KC certainly looked mighty on Sunday. Great D rules!

Date: December 16, 2013 12:43

Nice rehearsal for February by the mighty Hawks. Looks like that will be the next road game for us. The rest of the NFC playoff contenders have to be decidedly unhappy!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 16, 2013 13:00

my comments on the jets needs for the next season and who stays and who goes.

WR:
-Kerley- keep him. the heart and soul of the receivers. he is s solid 2nd or 3rd option
-Holmes- exact opposite. overpaid diva who puts more effort into running his mouth then catching passes. too many injury issues. release him and save some money
-Nelson- keep him. another guy who gives it his all
-Stephen Hill- release him. doesn't appear to be progressing any. he is a good deep threat but its not worth keeping him. injury issues already after 2 years

any other WR can go and the jets can draft or sign a good free agent and get a top WR threat

TE:
-Cumberland- keep him
-Winslow jr.- tough call because we know he has injury issues and will be 31 next year with the bad knees. he has played almost every game though and he commands extra attention still.

look for a move in the offseason especially if winslow jr is gone.

RB:
really no complaints here. great duo
-Ivory- looks like a keeper
-Powell- looks like a keeps.

FB:
- Bohanon- keep him. rookie who was thrust into his spot due to and injury to Hilliard during preseason. Don't remember Hilliard playing better or worse last year

QB:
-Sanchez- bye bye
-Smith- keep him. most QBs develop the most their first 3 seasons. lets give him some real weapons and see what happens

O-LINE:
as a whole they are ok in the middle but have issues on the edge. maybe look to upgrade at least one of the players who help protect on the edge.

Other offensive players who are out due to injury:
-Gates- release him. he sucks. not sure how he got a spot on the team the last 2 years
-Cribbs- keep him if he can come back healthy. he was instant impact before he hurt his shoulder
-Goodson- he was amazing the few games he played but tore his ACL/MCL. also was suspended 4 games for violating PED policy and has pending gun charges. probably a release due to injury and conduct issues.

Defense:
The Jets shine here and are pretty young. i'd look into 1 safety and 1 CB for next year and hope a few of the injured guys can come back

Date: December 16, 2013 13:32

keefriffhard4life

WR:
-Kerley- keep him. the heart and soul of the receivers. he is s solid 2nd or 3rd option
-Holmes- exact opposite. overpaid diva who puts more effort into running his mouth then catching passes. too many injury issues. release him and save some money
-Stephen Hill- release him. doesn't appear to be progressing any. he is a good deep threat but its not worth keeping him. injury issues already after 2 years

any other WR can go and the jets can draft or sign a good free agent and get a top WR threat

TE:
-Cumberland- keep him
-Winslow jr.- tough call because we know he has injury issues and will be 31 next year with the bad knees. he has played almost every game though and he commands extra attention still.

RB:

FB:
- Bohanon- keep him. rookie who was thrust into his spot due to and injury to Hilliard during preseason. Don't remember Hilliard playing better or worse last year

QB:
-Sanchez- bye bye
-Smith- keep him. most QBs develop the most their first 3 seasons. lets give him some real weapons and see what happens

O-LINE:
as a whole they are ok in the middle but have issues on the edge. maybe look to upgrade at least one of the players who help protect on the edge.

-Gates- release him. he sucks. not sure how he got a spot on the team the last 2 years
-Cribbs- keep him if he can come back healthy. he was instant impact before he hurt his shoulder
-Goodson- he was amazing the few games he played but tore his ACL/MCL. also was suspended 4 games for violating PED policy and has pending gun charges. probably a release due to injury and conduct issues.

Defense:
The Jets shine here and are pretty young. i'd look into 1 safety and 1 CB for next year and hope a few of the injured guys can come back

What about coach?

Date: December 16, 2013 14:44

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

WR:

TE:
-Cumberland- keep him

RB:

FB:

QB:
-Sanchez- bye bye

O-LINE:

Defense:

What about coach?

if they finish 8-8 keep him. not sure otherwise

Date: December 16, 2013 19:35

crholmstrom
KC certainly looked mighty on Sunday. Great D rules!

AAA man AAA!!! That man can run... and catch... and run... FUN!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 22:37

Hey Max, out of curiousity, do you follow the Jayhawks basketball? Just asking because they have Canadian freshman Andrew Wiggins on the team and sounds like he could be a #1 pick for the NBA. TSN, which is the Canadian ESPN is showing all the Jayhawks games this year. I personally don't follow US college basketball but it is interesting to see all the hype up here.

Date: December 17, 2013 06:36

DGA35
Hey Max, out of curiousity, do you follow the Jayhawks basketball? Just asking because they have Canadian freshman Andrew Wiggins on the team and sounds like he could be a #1 pick for the NBA. TSN, which is the Canadian ESPN is showing all the Jayhawks games this year. I personally don't follow US college basketball but it is interesting to see all the hype up here.

Oh... just a little bit, one might say smiling smiley

Date: December 17, 2013 06:38

HOLY MOLY!!! DID YOU SEE THAT FREEKING FIELD GOAL KICK!!! 61 YARDS!!! WOW!!

And Detroit blows it... dang bad night for CJ.... oh well.

TWO WEEKS TO GO IN THE SEASON!!!!!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 17, 2013 06:48

Max'sKansasCity
HOLY MOLY!!! DID YOU SEE THAT FREEKING FIELD GOAL KICK!!! 61 YARDS!!! WOW!!

And Detroit blows it... dang bad night for CJ.... oh well.

TWO WEEKS TO GO IN THE SEASON!!!!!

I thought it was hilarious in the post-game when the kicker was talking about how good the game had been for his fantasy team.

Date: December 17, 2013 06:51

and that ends the jets playoff chances

Date: December 17, 2013 06:57

NoCode0680
I thought it was hilarious in the post-game when the kicker was talking about how good the game had been for his fantasy team.

thumbs up
That was 100% pure awesomeness!!
He had a GREAT night for FF players
6 fields goals makes him the top (points) kicker of the week.

whats his name!??
JUSTIN TUCKER!!! smileys with beer

Players Week Passing Rushing Receiving Misc Kick Own Pts
PLAYER OPP C-A YDS TD CAR RYDS RTD REC ReYDS ReTD RetTD 2PT FG XP PTS
1 Justin Tucker BAL K @DET 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 18
2 Dan Bailey DAL K GNB 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 3 18
3 Phil Dawson SFO K @TAM 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 3 15
4 Jay Feely ARI K @TEN 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 4 13

The numbers dont format transfer so well, see them here under K (kicker) [games.espn.go.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-17 10:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 17, 2013 13:10

People have been saying Detroit has chance to beat Seahawks. I don't see them coming into Century Link with 70,000 rabid Seahawk fans, all liquored up & going for the Super Bowl. Just ain't gonna happen this year! I predict Seattle/Carolina for NFC Championship. In a bit of ironic symetry, Seahawks started the year in Carolina & defeated them to go to Super Bowl 8 years ago. I think the ultimate result will be better this year.grinning smiley

Date: December 18, 2013 05:22

crholmstrom
I predict Seattle/Carolina for NFC Championship.

Do you want Lynch to face that defense? Although both teams are good, that match up would probably a low scoring, and not very exciting affair, probably decided by my buddy Steven Hauschka (not really my close buddy, but I have been happy several times with the points he scored for me as my weekly pick for kicker).

Still 2 weeks to go and some good games yet to be played, GOTTA LOVE IT!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 05:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: December 18, 2013 08:38

Detroit is not going to playoffs

Date: December 18, 2013 09:13

AFTER WEEK 15.
2 WEEKS TO GO

x - Clinched playoff
y - Clinched Wild Card
z - Clinched Division

American Football Conference

AFC East Team W L

New England Patriots 10 4
Miami Dolphins 8 6

AFC North Team W L

Cincinnati Bengals 9 5
Baltimore Ravens 8 6
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 8

AFC South Team W L

z- Indianapolis Colts 9 5

AFC West Team W L

y- Denver Broncos 11 3
y- Kansas City Chiefs 11 3
San Diego Chargers 7 7

National Football Conference

NFC East Team W L

Philadelphia Eagles 8 6
Dallas Cowboys 7 7

NFC North Team W L T

Chicago Bears 8 6
Green Bay Packers 7 6 1
Detroit Lions 7 7

NFC South Team W L

New Orleans Saints 10 4
Carolina Panthers 10 4

NFC West Team W L

y- Seattle Seahawks 12 2
San Francisco 49ers 10 4
Arizona Cardinals 9 5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 09:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 18, 2013 09:22

Indianapolis at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS
New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX

New England at Baltimore 4:25 PM CBS
Arizona at Seattle 4:05 PM FOX

SNF Chicago at Philadelphia 8:30 PM NBC
MNF Atlanta at San Francisco 8:30 PM ESPN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 09:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 18, 2013 12:30

I had a dream & here's how the Seahawks road to the Super Bowl is going to go: 2nd round beat the 40Whiners. NFC championship defeat Carolina. Super Bowl: Seattle/KC. Defense rules! Hawks win. I know Max's may have a different opinion but I've been shockingly correct on some of these dream flashes before. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 18, 2013 12:37

crholmstrom
I had a dream & here's how the Seahawks road to the Super Bowl is going to go: 2nd round beat the 40Whiners. NFC championship defeat Carolina. Super Bowl: Seattle/KC. Defense rules! Hawks win. I know Max's may have a different opinion but I've been shockingly correct on some of these dream flashes before. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<
If you can correctly predict the Chiefs into the Super Bowl I would be overly satisifed, SUPER DELIGHTED as a matter fact. smiling smiley I WOULD LOVE TO JUST SEE THEM GET THERE, they dont even have to win.

Date: December 18, 2013 12:42

But there are many variables in play, it takes a lot more than just skill and talent to get into the Super Bowl, let alone win it.

Facts be known I am pretty dang happy with what the Chiefs did this year. It has been a fun year, after 5-6 dreadful, horrible dark years. I hope we can obtain 3-4 wide receivers, 1-2 of which might be great, then if we can keep our defense in place, we are looking great for next year too.

Date: December 18, 2013 23:45

Max'sKansasCity
But there are many variables in play, it takes a lot more than just skill and talent to get into the Super Bowl, let alone win it.

Facts be known I am pretty dang happy with what the Chiefs did this year. It has been a fun year, after 5-6 dreadful, horrible dark years. I hope we can obtain 3-4 wide receivers, 1-2 of which might be great, then if we can keep our defense in place, we are looking great for next year too.

As I'm mainly a Giants fan (though big time football fan), I admire the Chiefs defense...would prefer them to get even stronger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 23:46 by nightskyman.

Date: December 18, 2013 23:48

Max'sKansasCity
AFTER WEEK 15.
2 WEEKS TO GO

x - Clinched playoff
y - Clinched Wild Card
z - Clinched Division

American Football Conference

AFC East Team W L

New England Patriots 10 4
Miami Dolphins 8 6

AFC North Team W L

Cincinnati Bengals 9 5
Baltimore Ravens 8 6
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 8

AFC South Team W L

z- Indianapolis Colts 9 5

AFC West Team W L

y- Denver Broncos 11 3
y- Kansas City Chiefs 11 3
San Diego Chargers 7 7

National Football Conference

NFC East Team W L

Philadelphia Eagles 8 6
Dallas Cowboys 7 7

NFC North Team W L T

Chicago Bears 8 6
Green Bay Packers 7 6 1
Detroit Lions 7 7

NFC South Team W L

New Orleans Saints 10 4
Carolina Panthers 10 4

NFC West Team W L

y- Seattle Seahawks 12 2
San Francisco 49ers 10 4
Arizona Cardinals 9 5

Would be interesting to see how things go if San Diego wins last two games and sneeks into playoffs. Would they upset one of the big playoff teams?

Date: December 19, 2013 00:31

nightskyman
Would be interesting to see how things go if San Diego wins last two games and sneeks into playoffs. Would they upset one of the big playoff teams?
They already did, last week, and if San Diego can beat Denver I would (STRONGLY) suggest any teams playing them to bring their best game to field.

These last 2 weeks are going to be a blast!!!
win lose or draw, anything can happen... it has been a weird year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home