Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Date: January 5, 2014 06:26

NoCode0680
Great game going on right now with Saints/Eagles. Foles is looking pretty good, a lot better than he did in Dallas. He was still good enough to win that game, but he was really bad at times.

you must not pay much attention. foles holds the record for best TD/INT ratio for a QB who started 10+ games in a season and owns the record for best on the road passer rating in a single season minimum of 10 games started.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 5, 2014 07:00

keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
Great game going on right now with Saints/Eagles. Foles is looking pretty good, a lot better than he did in Dallas. He was still good enough to win that game, but he was really bad at times.

you must not pay much attention. foles holds the record for best TD/INT ratio for a QB who started 10+ games in a season and owns the record for best on the road passer rating in a single season minimum of 10 games started.

I was talking about the Dallas game, not his career. I said he looked pretty good tonight. I wonder how he would have done with if there had been a few more minutes and he had one last drive.

Date: January 5, 2014 07:21

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680

I was talking about the Dallas game, not his career. I said he looked pretty good tonight. I wonder how he would have done with if there had been a few more minutes and he had one last drive.
These are records for this season. Maybe you should look again at the Dallas game. Foles was 17 of 26 for over 260 yards with 2 TDs and no INTs those are better numbers in the Dallas game then what he had tonight against the saints

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 07:26 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 5, 2014 07:39

keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680

These are records for this season. Maybe you should look again at the Dallas game. Foles was 17 of 26 for over 260 yards with 2 TDs and no INTs those are better numbers in the Dallas game then what he had tonight against the saints

He was still sloppy. He was sacked 5 times, he would just stand there forever with all kinds of time and just get sacked. And he got away with a few more on what should have been intentional groundings when he tried to get rid of the ball in those situations. And of course he's going to have better numbers against the Dallas defense than against the New Orleans defense, that Dallas defense is one of the worst in NFL history.

And once again, I'm not knocking the guy. I just thought he was pretty sloppy in that Dallas game.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 5, 2014 08:00

I stated earlier that SF would kick GB's ass but the weather could play a role and its anyone's game. The game should be in SF 12-4 instead of 8-7-1 GB. But that's how it is set up.

Great win by the Saints always happy to see the Eagles lose and what a comeback by Indy!! I thought they were dead. Huge play by Mathis seemed to turn the game. Chiefs had no time management at all. They played like it was close when they were up28.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 5, 2014 10:05

No Expectations
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
No luck on playoff tickets. It was a long shot anyway. Got caught in some weird loop on Ticketmaster. I was in right when they went on sale. I may have a source though. Find out next week. Really crappy seats are going for $300 on the resale site. I just refuse to pay that for a football game. Not fiscally prudent.

I hate hearing that the Scalpers once again win. They have so many technological/illegal tools to compromise efforts of the real fan. Good thing we have HDTV!!

I think next week it will be SF- Seattle & Philly- Carolina. Carolina will be playing at Seattle for the NFC Championship. If you have to fork out money do it for the latter game.

Also, IMO, the Chiefs will beat Indy & NE then succumb to Denver as it will be their third road game in a row.

I do not see Cincy or S.D. as a threat.

The weather forecast for the game on the frozen tundra is lovely: a high of 0 degrees F, low a chilly -18 F on Sunday! Dare I say it? Perhaps there may be some whining going on about how unfair the weather is?>grinning smiley< GO HAWKS!

Geez you just can't stop with the whining/whiners references in regards to SF. It's extremely lame. The only thing that just doesn't seem right is SF at 12-4 having to play on the road against a 8-7 team that they beat in the regular season. Three of the four first round games have teams with superior records having to play on the road. Look for some changes in the playoff seeding format in the near future.
But until then it is what is and SF will just have to deal with it! Go Niners!
What's extremely lame is the lack of a sense of humor with the SF fans. It's all in good fun. That & their sense of geography when placing their lame billboards in the enemy city. Oh wait, they missed the city by 30 miles. "Oh it's not fair that it's so loud in their stadium blah blah blah". Evidently the rivalry concept hasn't taken hold down there in Politically Correctville. Probably too busy being chased down the street by the professional panhandlers & whining bout the whining jokes & established rules of the playoffs.The rules are just fine the way they are. Winning your division should mean something. We had similar situation last year with the Washington DC team. Just went out & won it. Then the lost the next week deservedly. If SF had won 1 more game, they would've had home field. Dem's da breaks. Wahhhhh.eye popping smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 10:22 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 5, 2014 10:30

Bring on the Saints! They don't care much for Century Link. Lynch is stocking up on Skittles now. Looks like Harvin is going to be ready finally. Excellent timing! Might be a good time to go get some earthquake insurance. GO HAWKS!hot smiley PS: So far I'm 0 & 2 on my predictions. Good thing I'm not in Vegas. I'm good with it as long as GB gets the job done. Don't think Ric Flair showing up with his walker is going to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 10:40 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: January 5, 2014 13:50

Colts - dark horse pick to go all the way.

Date: January 5, 2014 13:56

FortuneTeller800

Barring injury, Andrew Luck looks like he is going to have a special career. Irsay was probably smart sacrificing a year & Manning in order to be a force over the next decade. What a start to the playoffs! Wasn't feeling great & fell asleep during second game but watched highlights on NFL.com. I'll see plenty of NO next week! Woo hoo!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 5, 2014 14:05

crholmstrom
FortuneTeller800

Barring injury, Andrew Luck looks like he is going to have a special career. Irsay was probably smart sacrificing a year & Manning in order to be a force over the next decade. What a start to the playoffs! Wasn't feeling great & fell asleep during second game but watched highlights on NFL.com. I'll see plenty of NO next week! Woo hoo!

I think the Hawks match up better with the Saints than the Eagles. However, the Saints have familiarity with the Hawks and this game will be closer than their previous meeting. I still see a Seahawk victory in a tight game. Maybe a 24-20 score?

As far as the Colts-Chiefs game is concerned, it's been along time since a team blew a 38-10 type lead.

Date: January 5, 2014 14:30

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
FortuneTeller800

I think the Hawks match up better with the Saints than the Eagles. However, the Saints have familiarity with the Hawks and this game will be closer than their previous meeting. I still see a Seahawk victory in a tight game. Maybe a 24-20 score?

As far as the Colts-Chiefs game is concerned, it's been along time since a team blew a 38-10 type lead.

I agree about Hawks/Saints. Blowouts are fun but I'd rather see a close game, as long as it turns out well. Haha. Colts had 2nd biggest playoff comeback ever. You know the 12th man is going to be fired up for NO. The city is in a frenzy. We haven't had a major championship since the Sonics in 1979. It's nice to see one of our teams have a realistic chance. The Mariners keep doing promotions about "remember the year we almost didn't suck?". It gets old. Seahawks are building for the future nicely. They are going to have some hard choices on personnel but the current management seems to have a solid plan to build the team. Since Pete Carroll is president besides being coach, think it will continue if & when he decides to get off the sidelines. Don't think that is going to be soon though. Our GM is solid, too. Worked up through Green Bay organization. He's the one who insisted on Russell Wilson. What a stroke of luck that was! Some interesting reading: Richard Sherman has been doing a column on Monday Morning QB/Sports Illustrated. Very well written & thought out. He kind of reminds me of Gary Payton in some ways. I would not like him at all if he played for anyone else! PS: I would love to see GB hand SF their @$$ today though!>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 14:33 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: January 5, 2014 21:06

keefriffhard4life
gotta love the steelers fans whining they missed the playoffs due to a bad call on the cheifs field goal attempt. hey steelers fans now you know how the rest of the NFL fans feel about your team breaking jaws and coaches on the field and not getting flagged for it

Well in a way the system is unfair. The Steelers played 16 teams that were trying and The Chargers played 15 teams that were trying and one that rested most of it's starters, but that being said, The Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves. If they had just beaten Miami at home or the crappy Vikings in London they would have been in.

Still I'm sure The entire Steeler Nation was rooting for Indy yesterday.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 5, 2014 21:09

I bet if Mick Jagger had to pick a favorite NFL team
that he would pick the Cincinnati Bengals, because they
wear the funniest hats... and as we know, Mick loves funny hats.

And how about that Cincy chili? umm umm umm good.
Seeing those picture made me break out some of my
own home made chili... ummer ummer ummerr good... of course
covered with onions, shredded cheddar ann sour cream... with crackers!!!

And the weather outside is frightful...
HEY!!! IT MUST BE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS TIME OF YEAR!!

Date: January 5, 2014 21:12

What a comeback by Indy. They should make a movie about it except they can dramatize it a little and have the last Indy score be the one where Luck grabs the fumble and jumps into the end zone, maybe in slow motion.

Chiefs defense might have been sharper if they didn't rest their starters last week but there's always next year.

It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: January 5, 2014 21:15

Max'sKansasCity

Mick would probably go with the team he thought had the hottest cheerleaders.

Date: January 5, 2014 21:35

FrankM
They should make a movie about it except they can dramatize it a little and have the last Indy score be the one where Luck grabs the fumble and jumps into the end zone, maybe in slow motion.
No one would believe that, people would be saying "thats so fake, stupid movies!"

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 5, 2014 22:16

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
FortuneTeller800

I don't think Seattle/Saints will be much different than the first game they played. Seattle is the better team and extremely tough at home.

Date: January 5, 2014 22:30

No Expectations
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
FortuneTeller800

I don't think Seattle/Saints will be much different than the first game they played. Seattle is the better team and extremely tough at home.

i don't think it will be exactly the same. hard to imagine the same thing happens 2 times

Date: January 5, 2014 22:36

keefriffhard4life
No Expectations
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
FortuneTeller800

i don't think it will be exactly the same. hard to imagine the same thing happens 2 times

I just don't see it being close at all....but then I picked Cincy today.

Date: January 5, 2014 22:47

Max'sKansasCity

I think SD has the coolest uniforms. Have a soft spot for them. Dan Fouts was my favorite player in my youth. Really like him as an announcer, too. I've actually been to a Charger game in SD. They certainly are giving Cincy a game! PS: the chili sounds pretty damn good if I could eat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 22:49 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 5, 2014 22:55

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

I think SD has the coolest uniforms. Have a soft spot for them. Dan Fouts was my favorite player in my youth. Really like him as an announcer, too. I've actually been to a Charger game in SD. They certainly are giving Cincy a game! PS: the chili sounds pretty damn good if I could eat!

Yeah the bolts are cool, if they werent a division rival I might like them better, but that rival thing has way of twisting things. I just always thought the Bengals had funny looking helmets winking smiley The chili really hit the spot, its too bad you cant eat it now, hopefully soon... On the bright side, your team is still in the running. GO GET EM!!

Date: January 5, 2014 23:00

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Yeah the bolts are cool, if they werent a division rival I might like them better, but that rival thing has way of twisting things. I just always thought the Bengals had funny looking helmets winking smiley The chili really hit the spot, its too bad you cant eat it now, hopefully soon... On the bright side, your team is still in the running. GO GET EM!!

Did you catch the earlier post with the guy whining about the 40whiner references & playoff format? The irony is delicious! I think this stuff is all in good fun & what the rivalry thing is all about. Hawk/SF is turning into a NFL Red Sox/Yankee thing & that's good. NFL can use a little color like that. Can't wait for the GB game!

Date: January 5, 2014 23:08

Naw, I missed that controversy.
I am trying to stay out of trouble here on IORR...
so I am just ignoring that stuff.

Date: January 5, 2014 23:09

But the bottom line is if your team is pissing them off enough to comment, your team must be doing somthing correct, compared to not a lot of people mad at Jacksonville this yearwinking smiley

Date: January 5, 2014 23:12

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Did you catch the earlier post with the guy whining about the 40whiner references & playoff format? The irony is delicious! I think this stuff is all in good fun & what the rivalry thing is all about. Hawk/SF is turning into a NFL Red Sox/Yankee thing & that's good. NFL can use a little color like that. Can't wait for the GB game!

Yes I caught that earlier post. :-) Even the coaches can't stand each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 23:17 by No Expectations.

Date: January 5, 2014 23:13

the old cincy bungles strike again. what a joke of a team. they can't even win a playoff game at home against a team that fell backwards into the playoffs by beating a team resting their starters. whats that now 23 seasons without a playoff win?

Date: January 5, 2014 23:19

So, uhm... who thought it was good idea to have a big time NCAA basketball game at the same time as a big time NFL football play off game? ISNT THAT TUESDAY NIGHTS ARE FOR!!!! BUT NO!!!! LETS RUN ALL THE COOL GAMES THE SAME TIME, and then have nothing interesting on TV.

in other words- change the channel, GB v SF coming up

Date: January 5, 2014 23:28

Denver/SD. I hope the Chargers can at least give them a good game! I like where Hawks are now but have fond memories of franchise early days in AFC west. Think its cool that all the teams were in AFL. SD looked pretty good today. They seem to know they are playing with house money. I hear that today they were 44 to 1 in Vegas to win Super Bowl. If I was down there, I might've put a little money on it. Kind of like buying a Lotto ticket. I came close in Super Bowl 40. I had $50 on the Hawks @ 40 to 1. The Stones were playing half time. I thought it was sign from God. Of course I ended up throwing things at my TV! I'm not blaming the refs at all. The Hawks had their chances. I like this Hawk team way more than that one. If I would've won that bet, it would've been the capper on a $10,000 up LV weekend. & that was after expenses. @ $8000 it was still pretty good! Haha. GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Date: January 5, 2014 23:31

crholmstrom
Denver/SD. I hope the Chargers can at least give them a good game! I like where Hawks are now but have fond memories of franchise early days in AFC west. Think its cool that all the teams were in AFL. SD looked pretty good today. They seem to know they are playing with house money. I hear that today they were 44 to 1 in Vegas to win Super Bowl. If I was down there, I might've put a little money on it. Kind of like buying a Lotto ticket. I came close in Super Bowl 40. I had $50 on the Hawks @ 40 to 1. The Stones were playing half time. I thought it was sign from God. Of course I ended up throwing things at my TV! I'm not blaming the refs at all. The Hawks had their chances. I like this Hawk team way more than that one. If I would've won that bet, it would've been the capper on a $10,000 up LV weekend. & that was after expenses. @ $8000 it was still pretty good! Haha. GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Chargers already beat those despicable donkeys at home this year... AND WILL AGAIN!!! GO CHARGERS!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 23:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 5, 2014 23:34

Holy cow, they are making Buck and Aikeman sit outside in 5 degree weather. It looks like they are smoking while they talk....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 23:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home