Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 8, 2013 20:27

SNOW BOWL 2013 IN PHILLY!!

I wonder what the people who drove and parked in the massive NFL parking lot do when it snows 12-40 inches DURING the game? Man, they are sooooo stuck... ouch...

meanwhile, it looks like it is time for another beer here.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 8, 2013 20:53

Two garbage games on in the New York area (Jets and Giants). Can't remember a year when I was less interested in the NFL.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: December 8, 2013 21:03

FrankM
Two garbage games on in the New York area (Jets and Giants). Can't remember a year when I was less interested in the NFL.

jets are winning right now and this keeps them in the wildcard race

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 8, 2013 21:08

keefriffhard4life
FrankM

The Steelers were in the wildcard race very recently even though they stink this year. The AFC Will have at least one bad team as a wildcard this year since the conference only has five good teams. In years past The six seed in the AFC could be a threat to win the Superbowl but not this year.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: December 8, 2013 21:24

FrankM
keefriffhard4life
FrankM

The Steelers were in the wildcard race very recently even though they stink this year. The AFC Will have at least one bad team as a wildcard this year since the conference only has five good teams. In years past The six seed in the AFC could be a threat to win the Superbowl but not this year.

the steelers are still in the wildcard race if they can win today. the wildcard is either going to be the ravens, dolphins or bengals depending if they slip from the top of their division.

Date: December 8, 2013 21:28

FrankM

I was there man, in the dark years, I was bored to tears and caring very little... and I had a feeling if something didnt happen this year I might walk away, like I did with the NBA... so I signed up for the GIC game over on ESPN. [games.espn.go.com] (the link will get you close, then button around when you get there)

Getting to know and trying to pick to the best players in the league has made this year a lot of fun, and my team doing well again helps a lot too.

anyway.. you might take a look at the pick em game... it is free to play. I think they are doing another round of pickem for the NFL playoffs.

I suggest finding a couple of smaller groups (with 5-20 players in them) to make it where you can win the group, versus only going aginst 200,000 GIC players.

Have fun with it..

Date: December 8, 2013 23:13

Another fun game to watch as KC knocks the crap out Washington... sweeet.

Sure wish they were showing the SF v Seattle game here on the easy HD, but it looks like we get the Chargers v Giants... that is too bad... oh well I guess we will go to other methods.

just in...
PHILLY WINS SNOW BOWL 2013 defeating the Lions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-08 23:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 8, 2013 23:15

and the what the heck is going on in Baltimore.... versus Minn
How many lead changes in the JUST last 4 minutes???

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 9, 2013 01:03

Niners and Seattle locked in a big time battle. 16-14 SF at the half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-09 01:05 by No Expectations.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 9, 2013 01:46

No Patriot love, come on now....haha. Gronk is done for the season, not good.

Date: December 9, 2013 02:11

So what did everyone (who watched the SNOW BOWL1.1 2013 today, Detroit vs Philly) think of the preview of conditions for this season's Super Bowl, being held this year in NewJersey?

The funniest part of the game today was the field goal (non) kicking aspects, it gets kind of tough to properly kick FGs in 8-10 inches of snow.

I wonder will they be using extra equipment for the super bowl?
They come in all sizes ... from kicker to linebacker to lineman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-09 02:12 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 9, 2013 02:16

Cowboys vs Da Bears tomorrow calls for snow too...this is football boys!!!

Date: December 9, 2013 02:28

shadooby
Cowboys vs Da Bears tomorrow calls for snow too...this is football boys!!!
I love it. I thought it was hilarious to watch the kicked balls go plop and stop/stuck in the 8 inches of snow and/or watch receivers and defenders all tangled up hitting the ground and keep sliding for 5-10 feet, or players coming up with their entire face mask caked in snow... it was awesome... reminds me of when we were kids and played snow ball (turned quickly to mudball) all that sliding around... it was a blast.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 9, 2013 02:33

And the Niners WIN!!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 9, 2013 08:31

I'm happy for FSU & Auburn also (Mich State kicking OSU's A..)

Can't wait for a playoff system next Year.

Good Vic for SF today. Still think Seattle will win SB

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 9, 2013 13:33

It was a rough one against the Whiners. Harwaugh said it was like getting a root canal. Hawks need to get better about the penalties. Has been Achilles Heel all season. People are whining about the refs. I don't do that. We had opportunities to win. Hawks will be back! Still best record in league.smoking smiley

Date: December 9, 2013 13:36

crholmstrom
It was a rough one against the Whiners. Harwaugh said it was like getting a root canal. Hawks need to get better about the penalties. Has been Achilles Heel all season. People are whining about the refs. I don't do that. We had opportunities to win. Hawks will be back! Still best record in league.smoking smiley
PS: Looks like I've got a ticket for ARI game on 12/22. Woo hoo!

Date: December 9, 2013 17:10

crholmstrom
crholmstrom

Awesome on the tickets!!, too bad for your team yesterday, but they will bounce back.

You are 100% correct about ref whining, never in the history of the world has it ever helped the next day, it just makes people sound whiney, and besides it is (usually) never just the refs... a team has to not only outscore the other team, they have to overcome the weather, the crowd, the elements, the equipment, bad team mates, the stinking thinking, the refs... and ever other damned thing standing in the way of VICTORY!!! JUST WIN!!!

Date: December 9, 2013 21:36

crholmstrom
crholmstrom

Seattle will be just fine. IMO Refs do determine the outcome of games. Some call the game too close or too loosely. It's up to the Coaching Staff to assess the refs beforehand. Even then, sometimes Refs get out of control for unknown reasons. For example the NC State vs. NC Central B-ball game, earlier this year, had 57 fouls called. NC Central went to the free throw line 45 times. This type of activity should never happen in a game.

Again, I think it all boils down to understanding who will be officiating the game to prepare players on how certain calls will be made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-09 22:26 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 9, 2013 23:11

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
crholmstrom

Seattle will be just fine. IMO Refs do determine the outcome of games. Some call the game too close or too loosely. It's up to the Coaching Staff to assess the refs beforehand. Even then, sometimes Refs get out of control for unknown reasons. For example the NC State vs. NC Central B-ball game, earlier this year, had 57 fouls called. NC Central went to the free throw line 45 times. This type of activity should never happen in a game.

Again, I think it all boils down to understanding who will be officiating the game to prepare players on how certain calls will be made.

the refs in college basketball were asked to call games like that. there are new rules about how you can guard a player who has the ball on offense. i know its a pain in the butt but the refs are calling that pretty much everywhere. i saw a game with almost 80 free throws between 2 teams.

Date: December 9, 2013 23:22

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
crholmstrom

the refs in college basketball were asked to call games like that. there are new rules about how you can guard a player who has the ball on offense. i know its a pain in the butt but the refs are calling that pretty much everywhere. i saw a game with almost 80 free throws between 2 teams.

Fair enough - I just want consistency throuhout the entire NCAA B-ball landscape. For example, Duke & UNC seem to always have the edge when it comes to officiating. It's not the number of fouls called that alters a game - it's when they're called. That bothers me.

Again, I agree they are trying to the game back to a finese game , which is fine with me because it the natrual flow and beauty of the game itself I just hate when a visiting team outplays a home team and loses loses the game because of inequality referring.

Date: December 10, 2013 02:15

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
crholmstrom

Fair enough - I just want consistency throuhout the entire NCAA B-ball landscape. For example, Duke & UNC seem to always have the edge when it comes to officiating. It's not the number of fouls called that alters a game - it's when they're called. That bothers me.

Again, I agree they are trying to the game back to a finese game , which is fine with me because it the natrual flow and beauty of the game itself I just hate when a visiting team outplays a home team and loses loses the game because of inequality referring.
i am a huge duke fan. i can say at least this season duke seems to get called for more fouls during the game until the end when the other team usually starts fouling on purpose. hell in the duke/kansas game the last 12 minutes of the game duke got called for 14 fouls while kansas was only called for 3

Date: December 10, 2013 03:29

Never in the history of sports has whining about the refs ever changed the game results, it just makes people sound whiney, and besides, it is (usually) never just the refs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-10 04:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 10, 2013 03:41

FRIGID MNF!!! WHAT IS THIS? SOME KIND OF PRANK??

At least it is not snowing!!! LETS GO CHICAGO!!!! GO MATT FORTE!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 10, 2013 06:08

Two points on the NFL this week. The Gronkowski injury is really a bad break and is indicative of what the NFL now wants. Crippling guys below the waste because they can't hit high someone might get a concussion. I'd rather have a concussion than miss another season which is likely what will happen with this injury. There have been numerous ACL injuries this year. It's a contact sport that causes injuries!

Secondly - The Dallas Cowboys defense could not stop a 80 year old woman!! They are pathetic.

Frank M - Who are the five good teams in the AFC?? I don't see any. You have Denver excellent offense NO Defense, New England has a great QB and a lot of heart but with all the injuries to the D and now Gronk they are not that good. The league is mediocre. I hate parity!

Date: December 10, 2013 06:24

slew
Two points on the NFL this week. The Gronkowski injury is really a bad break and is indicative of what the NFL now wants. Crippling guys below the waste because they can't hit high someone might get a concussion. I'd rather have a concussion than miss another season which is likely what will happen with this injury. There have been numerous ACL injuries this year. It's a contact sport that causes injuries!

Secondly - The Dallas Cowboys defense could not stop a 80 year old woman!! They are pathetic.

Frank M - Who are the five good teams in the AFC?? I don't see any. You have Denver excellent offense NO Defense, New England has a great QB and a lot of heart but with all the injuries to the D and now Gronk they are not that good. The league is mediocre. I hate parity!

my guess the 5 teams are the broncos, KC, new england, the colts and cincy

Date: December 10, 2013 13:10

keefriffhard4life
slew

my guess the 5 teams are the broncos, KC, new england, the colts and cincy

The NFC is tougher this year. Although it can be frustrating, i kind of like the NFL parity. Keeps things interesting for more cities. MLB could use it. I don't even think about the NBA anymore. I used to love pro basketball & I can't watch now. Maybe things will be better when the little dictator finally retires. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 12, 2013 06:15

None of thosefive teams have a lot of balance.

Date: December 13, 2013 06:27

HA HA Donkeys!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:18

Oh my Bills....the humanity!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home