Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 7, 2014 18:53

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
I bet if Mick Jagger had to pick a favorite NFL team
that he would pick the Cincinnati Bengals, because they
wear the funniest hats... and as we know, Mick loves funny hats.

And how about that Cincy chili? umm umm umm good.
Seeing those picture made me break out some of my
own home made chili... ummer ummer ummerr good... of course
covered with onions, shredded cheddar ann sour cream... with crackers!!!

And the weather outside is frightful...
HEY!!! IT MUST BE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS TIME OF YEAR!!

I think SD has the coolest uniforms. Have a soft spot for them. Dan Fouts was my favorite player in my youth. Really like him as an announcer, too. I've actually been to a Charger game in SD. They certainly are giving Cincy a game! PS: the chili sounds pretty damn good if I could eat!

Yeah, I remember him and 'Air Coryell' (tight end Kellen Winslow and Wide receiver Charlie Joiner)...they should've played the Niners in Montana's first Super Bowl 81' I believe could've won but they couldn't play well in a cold Cincinatti.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2014 22:09

NO/SEA game will be fun to watch. I was 2-2 with my predictions for last weekend. Of course I want the Saints to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they did not win but you never know.

Cinci - what the hell? The new Detroit!

Indy - wow. That was incredible.

Somewhat surprised by SF beating GB but then again GB was not a great team this season.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: January 7, 2014 22:14

cinci thought it was training camp, not a playoff game.

Indy kept a quick pace while KC imploded.

Been some interesting games this past week, that's fo sho.

Date: January 7, 2014 23:23

GasLightStreet
NO/SEA game will be fun to watch. I was 2-2 with my predictions for last weekend. Of course I want the Saints to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they did not win but you never know.

Cinci - what the hell? The new Detroit!

Indy - wow. That was incredible.

Somewhat surprised by SF beating GB but then again GB was not a great team this season.

GB had too many injuries to be that good this year

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 8, 2014 11:33

As nerve wracking as it would be for both teams, SF/Seattle would be a monumental NFC Championship game. Possibly better than the Super Bowl. If it comes to pass, I can guarantee the 12th Man will be ready! Forecast for Saturday: heavy rain & 25 mph winds. Doesn't bode well for NO. Having some minor hip surgery on Friday & am under doctor orders to stay on the couch, take pain meds & watch football all weekend. Think I can make the sacrifice.grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 9, 2014 12:13

Prison inmate suing NFL, says Steelers should be in playoffs instead of Chargers

Distraught fans go to some extreme lengths to voice their displeasure at their team's playoff failures. But a prison inmate initiating a lawsuit and asking a judge to force the NFL to stop the playoffs let the Steelers in over the Chargers?

That's a new one.

The Baltimore Sun on Wednesday reported that Daniel L. Spuck, who online records identify as an inmate at the State Correctional Institution at Mercer (Pa.), filed a motion earlier this month against the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, requesting "a temporary emergency injunction" to halt the playoffs over a blown call in a Week 17 game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers.

The injunction, which you can see here [www.baltimoresun.com] and which is filed as the first step in a civil suit, is stamped as received by the court clerk on Jan. 2, before last weekend's wild-card games were played. On the play in question, Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop missed 41-yard field-goal attempt with 4 seconds left in regulation, instead sending the game against the Chargers to overtime. The Chargers won the game in overtime, advancing to the playoffs as the AFC's sixth seed and eliminating the Steelers from the postseason.

But the Chargers were in an illegal formation on the missed field goal and should have been penalized, which would have given Succop another chance at the field goal from five yards closer. Had he made it, the Chargers almost certainly would have been eliminated and the Steelers would have made the playoffs. But no penalty was called, and the NFL acknowledged a day later one should have been called.

In his filing, Spuck asks the court for "a temporary injunction of 1 week to 10 days of all NFL playoffs to allow:"

1. Succop to re-kick the ball from 37 yards instead of 41, and/or

2. The Steelers to play the Chargers on a neutral site to determine the sixth seed, or

3. Goodell to declare the Chiefs winners and make the Steelers the sixth seed instead of the Chargers, and/or

4. Damages be awarded to Spuck in excess of $25,000 plus all legal costs

Adding to the difficulty of the request is of course the fact that the Chargers went on to play last weekend, beating the Bengals in Cincinnati and advancing to this weekend's divisional round against the top-seeded Broncos in Denver. In fact, the Chargers are the only team identified in the suit still playing; the Chiefs lost to the Colts in Indianapolis last weekend.

The filing originated from an address associated with the State Correctional Institution at Mercer. An online records search confirms a Daniel L. Spuck as an inmate in the facility.

Story plus comments at: [msn.foxsports.com]

Date: January 9, 2014 12:13

Over 30 mph winds on Saturday now. Percy Harvin full participant in practice for first time this year. There's a storm coming in Seattle....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 9, 2014 17:20

stonehearted
Prison inmate suing NFL, says Steelers should be in playoffs instead of Chargers

Distraught fans go to some extreme lengths to voice their displeasure at their team's playoff failures. But a prison inmate initiating a lawsuit and asking a judge to force the NFL to stop the playoffs let the Steelers in over the Chargers?

In his filing, Spuck asks the court for "a temporary injunction of 1 week to 10 days of all NFL playoffs to allow:"

2. The Steelers to play the Chargers on a neutral site to determine the sixth seed, or

3. Goodell to declare the Chiefs winners and make the Steelers the sixth seed instead of the Chargers, and/or

He will win this law suit for sure, best case ever. I wonder how he will spend the money?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 9, 2014 17:54

Max'sKansasCity
stonehearted

He will win this law suit for sure, best case ever. I wonder how he will spend the money?

Bumming smokes in the yard no doubt...

Date: January 10, 2014 13:02

From NFL.com regarding Percy Harvin:
Harvin will be "added to the mix," which includes Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse.

Testimonials from teammates suggest Harvin will be full-speed in his return. Russell Wilson said the receiver "looks unbelievable" while Tate noted that he's "Fast as BEEP!">grinning smiley<

Date: January 11, 2014 10:24

The countdown is on!>grinning smiley< Looks like an inch rain today with wind gusts up to 40 mph. Possible thunderstorms. Don't think the Saints are going to enjoy it much. Is all good as long the power & cable tv stay on. GO HAWKS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-11 12:53 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 11, 2014 17:23

I wonder if the fans at Denver tomorrow will be Mile High High.

Date: January 11, 2014 18:36

Copied from Drudge Report:

UW scientists to observe seismic activity from Seahawks fans during divisional playoff vs Saints

Tony Drovetto Seahawks.com Writer & Producer @TonyDrovetto on Twitter Seahawks on Facebook

Two strong-motion seismometers have been installed at CenturyLink Field to monitor shaking from "earthquakes" expected during Seattle's divisional playoff against the New Orleans Saints.

Saturday's forecast at CenturyLink Field calls for cloudy skies, a kickoff temperature of 47 degrees, 23 mile-per-hour winds to the south, a 70 percent chance of rain, and the anticipation of an earthquake or two.

In preparation for tomorrow's NFC divisional playoff between the Seahawks and New Orleans Saints, seismologists from the University of Washington have installed two strong-motion seismometers at CenturyLink Field to enhance an existing station in recording "earthquakes" expected from crowd noise generated by Seattle's 12th Man.

The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network is behind the effort and has set up a website to track the activity in near-real time. Seismologists are planning to highlight any interesting signals received on Twitter and Facebook during the game.

The last two times the Seahawks and Saints have squared off, seismic activity has been recorded. The best example came during the wild-card round of the playoffs in January 2011, when running back Marshawn Lynch ripped off his 67-yard "Beast Quake" touchdown run that sent shock waves around the Pacific Northwest. Then, just last month with the Saints visiting on Monday Night Football in Week 13, the 12th Man not only set the Guinness World Record for crowd noise but set off the existing seismometer in the process, after defensive end Cliff Avril sacked and forced a fumble of Saints quarterback Drew Brees that defensive end Michael Bennett returned for a first-quarter score.

The experiment provides a test of the equipment used to monitor aftershocks following a traditional (i.e. not-12th-Man generated) earthquake and UW scientists are hoping to gain a better understanding of how the stadium responds to the fanatic activity.

Hopefully, if all goes well, the Seahawks give the 12s a thing or two to cheer about tomorrow, and the off-the-wall experiment is a rousing success.
Breaking Down The "Beast Quake"

Seismic waves created during the 2011 "Beast Quake" traveled through the soft soils of the neighborhood near CenturyLink Field. John Vidale, a UW professor of Earth and space sciences, noticed the unique signal from the strong-motion station near the stadium and plotted a seismogram, adding notations on when specific events occurred within the stadium (via University of Washington)

Date: January 11, 2014 19:28

Big scare: My power (& cable) went out for 4 hours this morning due to high winds. It was raining hard, too. Another storm on the way in. Should be a real interesting game!eye popping smiley

Date: January 11, 2014 20:32

crholmstrom
Big scare: My power (& cable) went out for 4 hours this morning due to high winds. It was raining hard, too. Another storm on the way in. Should be a real interesting game!eye popping smiley

Man, what is that!!!? some kind of prank??!! GRRRRR!!!
This year I was all set for Thursday night football when the Chiefs played the Eagles and it was ready to go... the ball was kicked, and in the air (I can still see it)... AND BOOM... the lights/power go out!!! WTF!!!?? They came back on 3 minutes later... for 1 minute and then went out again... for 5 hours. I had to listen to whole game on a battery radio. &*&%$#$%^ %$^&** %%%^&***!!!!!!!

The moral? Make sure you have a battery radio... at least...

I used to have (actually still have it) a battery operated little TV but because/after they went digital it no longer works... THANKS AGAIN P.I.C.!!

Good luck today... and have fun... cuz fun is a good thing to have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-11 20:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 11, 2014 20:42

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

Man, what is that!!!? some kind of prank??!! GRRRRR!!!
This year I was all set for Thursday night football when the Chiefs played the Eagles and it was ready to go... the ball was kicked, and in the air (I can still see it)... AND BOOM... the lights/power go out!!! WTF!!!?? They came back on 3 minutes later... for 1 minute and then went out again... for 5 hours. I had to listen to whole game on a battery radio. &*&%$#$%^ %$^&** %%%^&***!!!!!!!

The moral? Make sure you have a battery radio... at least...

I used to have (actually still have it) a battery operated little TV but because/after they went digital it no longer works... THANKS AGAIN P.I.C.!!

Good luck today... and have fun... cuz fun is a good thing to have.

Time to feed the Beast!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: January 11, 2014 21:37

All four home teams will win this week but I would love to see Indy knock off The Pats.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 11, 2014 21:56

I think Frisco beats Carolina

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: January 11, 2014 22:08

slew

They are the only road team that is favored (by a point) but I think people are short changing Carolina. It might be the closest game of the weekend.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: January 11, 2014 22:11

slew

I think Carolina beats SF 20-17

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 11, 2014 23:47

FrankM
All four home teams will win this week but I would love to see Indy knock off The Pats.

Niners over Carolina!

Date: January 11, 2014 23:57

No Expectations
FrankM

Niners over Carolina!

I think you are misguided drinking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 12, 2014 00:15

Chris Fountain
No Expectations
FrankM

Niners over Carolina!

I think you are misguided drinking smiley

Niners WAY over Carolina?

Date: January 12, 2014 02:47

Seahawks hang on to win but I am unimpressed! Very poor game by Wilson.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 12, 2014 03:46

Yeah, the Hawks hang on. It'll be an interesting home championship game up in Seattle. I hope they make it all the way.

Date: January 12, 2014 05:19

Congratulations crholmstrom and Seattle Seahawks!!! NICE WIN!!

Date: January 12, 2014 06:38

Lagarett Blount!!!! Go Pats. No wonder everyone hates them three AFC championship games in a row and I believe this will be 8 for Bill and Brady. Say what you all want but they are a hell of an organization!

Date: January 12, 2014 07:07

slew
Seahawks hang on to win but I am unimpressed! Very poor game by Wilson.

poor game by wilson? it was raining and windy. no need to air it out when you have lynch

Date: January 12, 2014 08:36

Max'sKansasCity

Thanks! The Beast certainly came to play. Game ball to him. Colston sure did have a giant case of brain gas at the end of the game. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The weather was atrocious all day. I don't live far from the stadium & it was even worse than it appeared on TV. Our old school ground game & best D in the league held the day. 34 passing yards in the 1st half for Brees. Career worst 1st half. The Legion of Boom certainly had something to do with that. As much as I would like to see Carolina win tomorrow, deep down we want that poor little team from SF. It would be more satisfying to complete the journey to NJ by putting them in the ground. They are going to have a tough game tomorrow. The Panthers have not been getting much in the way of respect & have a huge chip on their shoulder. NE looked pretty tough tonight. I want SD tomorrow. They are the classic team playing with house money but Manning/Brady match & another clash by the best rivalry in the NFL next weekend would certainly be epic. GO HAWKS!smileys with beer PS: the NO timeout caused by the 12th man was huge! The Seattle fans are the best!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-12 08:40 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 12, 2014 09:22

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Thanks! The Beast certainly came to play. Game ball to him. Colston sure did have a giant case of brain gas at the end of the game. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The weather was atrocious all day. I don't live far from the stadium & it was even worse than it appeared on TV. Our old school ground game & best D in the league held the day. 34 passing yards in the 1st half for Brees. Career worst 1st half. The Legion of Boom certainly had something to do with that. As much as I would like to see Carolina win tomorrow, deep down we want that poor little team from SF. It would be more satisfying to complete the journey to NJ by putting them in the ground. They are going to have a tough game tomorrow. The Panthers have not been getting much in the way of respect & have a huge chip on their shoulder. NE looked pretty tough tonight. I want SD tomorrow. They are the classic team playing with house money but Manning/Brady match & another clash by the best rivalry in the NFL next weekend would certainly be epic. GO HAWKS!smileys with beer PS: the NO timeout caused by the 12th man was huge! The Seattle fans are the best!grinning smiley

Great victory by the Hawks!! Credit to the Saints - they fought to the very end.

On another front (College Basketball), my beloved WolfPack (NC State) were destroyed by Virginia in Raleigh. It is tough to take. The Pack is a young team and they will have to pull themselves together.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home