Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 13, 2013 10:55

Max'sKansasCity
HA HA Donkeys!!

I heard that!grinning smiley I've always had a soft spot for the Chargers. Was a pretty big Dan Fouts fan. NE looks like they are poised to put a knife through the Elway's heart. Kudos to Peyton for the season but their defense ahhhhh sucks. GO HAWKS!

Date: December 13, 2013 11:00

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
HA HA Donkeys!!

I heard that!grinning smiley I've always had a soft spot for the Chargers. Was a pretty big Dan Fouts fan. NE looks like they are poised to put a knife through the Elway's heart. Kudos to Peyton for the season but their defense ahhhhh sucks. GO HAWKS!

this late in the season a team can not end the game with a total of 18 rushing yards and win.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 14, 2013 01:19

ACCESS DENIED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-14 06:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 14, 2013 11:26

A few comments concerning FFL. I've been engaging in this activity for several years. Despite having competitive teams, never once made the playoffs. Injuries, choosing the wrong players at the wrong time, etc...hindered my ability to win.

Most disturbing thing about FFL play is the fact I lost my perspective of the game itself. Instead of enjoying the NFL from a fan or team perspective I only saw it from a FFL player standpoint. For example, going into work on Mondays, I couldn't determine for sure who won any game. However, I could tell you how every player in game performed as far as FFL points tallied.

I'm glad my FFL team(s) did not make the playoffs this year so now a game can be enjoyed itself, with out being confined to player performance for my own possible FFL team victory. Also, all the trash e-mail talking against fellow FFL team owners at work viae-mail got old as well.

I'm not sure if I will join any FFL leagues next year. Decision will be made August 2014.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-14 11:30 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 14, 2013 11:31

Chris Fountain
A few comments concerning FFL. I've been engaging in this activity for several years. Despite having competitive teams, never once made the playoffs. Injuries, choosing the wrong players at the wrong time, etc...hindered my ability to win.

Most disturbing thing about FFL play is the fact I lost my perspective of the game itself. Instead of enjoying the NFL from a fan or team perspective I only saw it from a FFL player standpoint. For example, going into work on Mondays, I couldn't determine for sure who won any game. However, I could tell you how every player in game performed as far as FFL points tallied.

I'm glad my FFL team(s) did not make the playoffs this year so now a game can be enjoyed itself, with out being confined of player performance for my own possible FFL team victory. Also, all the trash e-mail talking against fellow FFL team owners at work viae-mail got old as well.

I'm not sure if I will join any FFL leagues next year. Decision will be made August 2014.

I've never done FFL beyond weekly pick the winner contests at no cost. Mainly for the reasons you stated, Chris. I don't need to obsess on that which is how it would turn out. Prefer my gambling old school, haha. Don't need any more habits like that! During NFL season, Sunday is best day of the week. Is the day to recharge & do something that resembles relaxing. I usually do the laundry & chill. Is a good thing.smiling smiley

Date: December 14, 2013 11:43

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

I'm glad my FFL team(s) did not make the playoffs this year so now a game can be enjoyed itself, with out being confined of player performance for my own possible FFL team victory. Also, all the trash e-mail talking against fellow FFL team owners at work viae-mail got old as well.

I've never done FFL beyond weekly pick the winner contests at no cost. Mainly for the reasons you stated, Chris. I don't need to obsess on that which is how it would turn out. Prefer my gambling old school, haha. Don't need any more habits like that! During NFL season, Sunday is best day of the week. Is the day to recharge & do something that resembles relaxing. I usually do the laundry & chill. Is a good thing.smiling smiley

My reasons may be a case of "sour grapes."

Gambling has the same effect. For example, let's suppose you have Tampa Bay -4 at Jax. They are up by 3 at the Jax 2 yard line. 30 seconds are left on the clock and the Bucs simply run out the clock. This is why I quit gambling years ago. I only gamble now on the Dow Jones. At least there are dividends.

By the way, hopefully your health issues are at ease as the Hawks begin the the Super Bowl journey. Perhaps the Hawks playing the Championship in NJ (outdoors) is advantageous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-14 11:46 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 14, 2013 11:59

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

My reasons may be a case of "sour grapes."

Gambling has the same effect. For example, let's suppose you have Tampa Bay -4 at Jax. They are up by 3 at the Jax 2 yard line. 30 seconds are left on the clock and the Bucs simply run out the clock. This is why I quit gambling years ago. I only gamble now on the Dow Jones. At least there are dividends.

By the way, hopefully your health issues are at ease as the Hawks begin the the Super Bowl journey. Perhaps the Hawks playing the Championship in NJ (outdoors) is advantageous.

Thanks, Chris. Winter is brutal on arthritis. I'm pretty convinced that retirement to a warmer climate is what I'll have to do. I'm probably looking at some hip surgery in the near future but I'm trying to put it off til after Super Bowl. Going to try an alternative to the hip replacement option. Been down that road with the other hip & is no fun. Those things don't last forever. In fact the replacement was the last time the Hawks went to Super Bowl. As our British friends do, I keep a stiff upper lip & try to remain positive. On the really positive side, the company I work for basically closes down for the holidays. A nice paid break to recharge. Having worked in retail distribution for 25+ years before this job, having the holidays off is awesome. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 14, 2013 17:01

To Keefiffhard4life-

I would like to continue the conversation concerning how Duke gets favorable calls , just like Carolina at crucial points in any game.

Not today. My research team is working up the stats as we speak! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

In any event, Kentucky is playing at UNC today around 5:00 pm EDT. Should be interesting. We'll see how that game is called and determine if my percepetion is correct.

I'm of the Wolfpack Nation and we will take care of U of Detroit, on ESPN3 around 6:00.

Go Pack!!!

Respects- C

Date: December 14, 2013 21:10

Chris Fountain

You will.

Maybe join/create a salary cap game next year, instead of a draft game. In the ESPN GIC game everyone can pick any player any week. You can join smaller groups, and create private for office pools, and ESPN does all the work as far as keep track. [games.espn.go.com]\howtoplay

I like the salary cap game better than draft because there are less issues (draft party timing/getting people people together, who gets to pick first, picks getting injured, out for the season)

BUT MAINLY I like the pick anyone any week game because it make me keep track of the star players in the NFL who I may never pay attention to without the game. e.g. Josh Gordon and Jimmie Graham. So the win is in playing the game and learning the players.

Date: December 14, 2013 21:13

Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

I would like to continue the conversation concerning how Duke gets favorable calls , just like Carolina at crucial points in any game.

"like to" whine more about the refs? really? eye rolling smiley

Date: December 14, 2013 21:50

Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

I'm telling the truth. Come on ----When Kentucky plays at UNC today you will have a better understanding! This crap has been going on for years in the ACC. I would love for the ACC refs put their hands on the Bible and tell me otherwise!!

Date: December 14, 2013 22:46

Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

I'm telling the truth. Come on ----When Kentucky plays at UNC today you will have a better understanding! This crap has been going on for years in the ACC. I would love for the ACC refs put their hands on the Bible and tell me otherwise!!

I dont need a better understanding. I completely understand. I have seen plenty of bad calls which affected the outcome of close games. I have just long long long long since stopped sitting around whining about it. If a team is not good enough to put themselves far enough ahead that bad calls dont matter, then they dont deserve to win.

Bad calls are part of life. Things are rigged. Things are unfair. It is the way things are and no amount ofwhining will change it. The only thing to do is WIN!!! BE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN!!! WIN NO MATTER THE BAD CALLS! period.

BEAT THEM BADDLY, STEP ON THEIR THROATS AND TAKE THE REFS OUT OF IT!!!

Date: December 14, 2013 22:51

Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

I dont need a better understanding. I completely understand. I have seen plenty of bad calls which affected the outcome of close games. I have just long long long long since stopped sitting around whining about it. If a team is not good enough to put themselves far enough ahead that bad calls dont matter, then they dont deserve to win.

Bad calls are part of life. Things are rigged. Things are unfair. It is the way things are and no amount ofwhining will change it. The only thing to do is WIN!!! BE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN!!! WIN NO MATTER THE BAD CALLS! period.

Ok- When the Russians beat the USA in the Olympics back in ...

Everyone claimed that it was a rip off. So does your same rule apply? (No offense)

Date: December 14, 2013 22:59

Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

Everyone claimed that it was a rip off. So does your same rule apply? (No offense)

My rule is dont whine about bad calls or the refs, no matter the game.
It wont change a thing, it never has, it never will. It is just whiney BS.

If you love reveling in bad calls then watch world cup soccer. Those azzholes love thier rigged shit. After the last WC they had meeting and had a chance to use optics (or something) to make sure it was all fair, but that is not what they want. They turned it down.... even after EVERYONE knew some calls were fuked, they still refused to change the system. It is what it is.

WANNA WIN? BEAT THE REFS TOO.

ps
Last I checked they have not changed their system anyway.... maybe they did.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-14 23:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 14, 2013 23:26

Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

My rule is dont whine about bad calls or the refs, no matter the game.
It wont change a thing, it never has, it never will. It is just whiney BS.

If you love reveling in bad calls then watch world cup soccer. Those azzholes love thier rigged shit. After the last WC they had meeting and had a chance to use optics (or something) to make sure it was all fair, but that is not what they want. They turned it down.... even after EVERYONE knew some calls were fuked, they still refused to change the system. It is what it is.

WANNA WIN? BEAT THE REFS TOO.

ps
Last I checked they have not changed their system anyway.... maybe they did.

Thanks Max - Again UK is playing at UNC. 5:00 - 5:15 start. Of course it is only one game but let's see how the refs alter this game.

Again it happens in crucial games. I'm not saying every game is screwed by the refs but when your team is involved it is more noticable on equal terms. No argument. Refs are are not perfect - Let's see what unfolds in about 30ish minutes.

Date: December 15, 2013 00:19

Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

you do know in college basketball most of the time the refs are from the conference of the visiting team right? anyone not in the ACC playing at duke or at unc usually have refs from whatever conference they came from. in this case the refs today will be refs that usually work 95% of the time in the SEC.

Date: December 15, 2013 00:23

Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

Not today. My research team is working up the stats as we speak! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

In any event, Kentucky is playing at UNC today around 5:00 pm EDT. Should be interesting. We'll see how that game is called and determine if my percepetion is correct.

I'm of the Wolfpack Nation and we will take care of U of Detroit, on ESPN3 around 6:00.

Go Pack!!!

Respects- C

well let me see the stats when you get them because 1 most home teams get calls their way and 2 espn showed a few years ago how duke forces opponents into taking a lot of jump shots which helps keep duke out of foul trouble as you rarely see fouls called on jump shots. i can't remember the exact stat but lets say on average a team shoots 36% of their shots from 15 feet or more. when playing duke the average of that team taking shots from 15 feet or more is like 44% or something like that.

Date: December 15, 2013 00:24

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

you do know in college basketball most of the time the refs are from the conference of the visiting team right? anyone not in the ACC playing at duke or at unc usually have refs from whatever conference they came from. in this case the refs today will be refs that usually work 95% of the time in the SEC.

Well let's see ESPN NOW UK -UNC

Date: December 15, 2013 00:34

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

thats like VCU fans were complaining the refs favored the other team and thats why vcu lost even though 3 times during the game the announcers said the refs were from vcu's conference

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 15, 2013 02:22

Congrats to your 1,000th post Herr Holmström. Very well done for a Swedish-American!

Date: December 15, 2013 11:06

Stoneage
Congrats to your 1,000th post Herr Holmström. Very well done for a Swedish-American!

Thanks! This is pretty fun. I really kind of got dragged kicking & screaming into the social media world. Still don't have Facebook or Twitter, etc. Feel no need to go down that road. I did have a billion dollar idea: anti-social media! Someone posts something & immediately a response pops up: "F you! Shut the F up!". It's still in the formative stages, obviously. Haha!grinning smiley

Date: December 15, 2013 11:15

NFL Sunday finally! Hawks dress rehearsal for Super Bowl in Giants Stadium. The Giants may have a problem with a riled up Seahawk team. The guys really do not like to lose. Kind of wish it would snow for the game. Looks like the only 2 places the Seahawks are going to play for the rest of the season are Seattle & NJ.Starting the rituals now for the 10:00 game now. It has worked pretty well to this point. Involves something with blueberries for breakfast, "Jumpin' Jack Flash" at painful volume (most recent addition), sandalwood incense & finally, just before game time, putting on the Russell Wilson jersey. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 15, 2013 13:03

crholmstrom
NFL Sunday finally! Hawks dress rehearsal for Super Bowl in Giants Stadium. The Giants may have a problem with a riled up Seahawk team. The guys really do not like to lose. Kind of wish it would snow for the game. Looks like the only 2 places the Seahawks are going to play for the rest of the season are Seattle & NJ.Starting the rituals now for the 10:00 game now. It has worked pretty well to this point. Involves something with blueberries for breakfast, "Jumpin' Jack Flash" at painful volume (most recent addition), sandalwood incense & finally, just before game time, putting on the Russell Wilson jersey. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<

You get to watch the game at 10 in the morning. That is a great advantage of living on the west coast. You can always go to sleep at a reasonable hour. I'm thinking that the Hawks will win something like 17-13. This game is hard to figure.

I'm a Panthers fan and they may shut out the Jets. But locally, The Dolphins play N.E., which is a huge game. Like I have indicated from previous posts Dolphin Stadium sucks as the site lines are to distant. I'll watch all the games today on a 55" HDTV five feet in front of me.

I hear they now have 85" HDTVs and they are coming out with a new technology called "Ultra TV" which has more resolution than HDTV. Some say it would be a waste of money to purchase Ultra TV beause the human eye can only detect resolution to a certain degree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-15 13:11 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 15, 2013 13:34

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

You get to watch the game at 10 in the morning. That is a great advantage of living on the west coast. You can always go to sleep at a reasonable hour. I'm thinking that the Hawks will win something like 17-13. This game is hard to figure.

I'm a Panthers fan and they may shut out the Jets. But locally, The Dolphins play N.E., which is a huge game. Like I have indicated from previous posts Dolphin Stadium sucks as the site lines are to distant. I'll watch all the games today on a 55" HDTV five feet in front of me.

I hear they now have 85" HDTVs and they are coming out with a new technology called "Ultra TV" which has more resolution than HDTV. Some say it would be a waste of money to purchase Ultra TV beause the human eye can only detect resolution to a certain degree.

I've got a 40" Sony Bravia. It's a fine piece of hardware. With my surround sound system, I can get a pretty good game experience going. + the food is cheaper & no bathroom line. Key. Haha. I like the Panthers too, as long as not playing Hawks. Always good when the smaller market teams get some love. I'm going to be switching between GB/Cowpies & KC/Oakland for 2nd game. The prime time games aren't bad this week with the playoff implications. Is all a fine excuse to dodge xmas & couch surf!grinning smiley

Date: December 15, 2013 13:38

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
To Keefiffhard4life-

thats like VCU fans were complaining the refs favored the other team and thats why vcu lost even though 3 times during the game the announcers said the refs were from vcu's conference

The UNC- Kentucky game was fun to watch. The refs were not a factor. GO ACC!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-15 13:51 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2013 20:50

crholmstrom- Hope you are feeling better. GO HAWKS!!!!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 15, 2013 21:04

Looks like The Pats have the edge for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. I see a Seattle/New England Superbowl.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 15, 2013 23:01

Great comeback by The Dolphins. Now Denver is back in the driver's seat for homefield advantage.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: December 15, 2013 23:25

FrankM
Great comeback by The Dolphins. Now Denver is back in the driver's seat for homefield advantage.

and denver plays 2 scrub teams the rest of the year in a warm climate

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 02:50

One of the few times I'm cheering for the Cowboys and they come up with one of the biggest chokes in history! 34 second half points for the Pack!?! Romo chokes again late in the game. I was so happy that the Bears won so they are now (temporarily) in first place in the NFC North. I got a bad feeling that it'll come down to the final week when they play Green Bay and Aaron Rogers will be back and they'll win to knock the Bears out of the playoffs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home