Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 28, 2013 12:05

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
They're going to make you wait until MNF for Saints/Hawks. The next weekend Hawks/SF in SF is an afternoon game at this point. I'm hanging in there. I try to make the best of it. I'm still working, so that's a plus. I do treatment Monday. Luckily, is early enough that I get home before the Seahawk traffic gets really thick. I appreciate you asking. Basically, I'm doing chemo to slow down the destruction in my joints until maybe a "cure" comes along. Its a 4 week cycle. Sick week 1, 2 weeks of sorta tolerable, then 1 week of last treatment wearing off. Better than nothing & I'm not in a wheelchair yet. I'm skipping Thanksgiving & doing pain meds & NFL today. Haha. You know what they say about the pain meds: they only give you the good stuff when you can't dance! Go Hawks!grinning smiley PS: I'm good with Brees scoring a bunch Monday as the long as the Hawks have 1 more point at the end of the game.winking smiley

LOL - you're skipping Thanksgivings? You're actually skipping the meal for the meds. Understandable and a correct move. For a change, there are actually good match-ups tomorrow.

GB at Detroit my prediction 48 - 27 Lions

Dallas 20 Oakland 17 OT

Baltimore 17 Pitt 0 (i have the Ravens Defense in FFL)

I'd love to see the Raiders snipe the Cowboys but probably won't happen. That first game should be interesting. The enigma that is Matt Flynn. Wow, did we dodge a bullet on that one! I am with you on the night game. As a Hawk fan, the Steelers are not ahhhhh beloved. Cost me $2000 when we played them in Super Bowl. I had the Hawks @ 40 to 1. The Stones at halftime, I thought I couldn't lose. Ended up throwing things at the TV. Haha. As far as Thanksgiving goes, I'm not a big eater at this point & have professional advice telling me that staying away from my family is best thing for me. I got invited by friendgirl to a big thing but there weren't going to be many folks I knew there. Not up for the big party with a bunch of people I don't know. Was sweet of her to invite though. She gets it & got me to promise to be less antisocial in December. Doable. You have a good Thanksgiving & good luck on your fantasy stuff!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 28, 2013 12:19

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
They're going to make you wait until MNF for Saints/Hawks. The next weekend Hawks/SF in SF is an afternoon game at this point. I'm hanging in there. I try to make the best of it. I'm still working, so that's a plus. I do treatment Monday. Luckily, is early enough that I get home before the Seahawk traffic gets really thick. I appreciate you asking. Basically, I'm doing chemo to slow down the destruction in my joints until maybe a "cure" comes along. Its a 4 week cycle. Sick week 1, 2 weeks of sorta tolerable, then 1 week of last treatment wearing off. Better than nothing & I'm not in a wheelchair yet. I'm skipping Thanksgiving & doing pain meds & NFL today. Haha. You know what they say about the pain meds: they only give you the good stuff when you can't dance! Go Hawks!grinning smiley PS: I'm good with Brees scoring a bunch Monday as the long as the Hawks have 1 more point at the end of the game.winking smiley

LOL - you're skipping Thanksgivings? You're actually skipping the meal for the meds. Understandable and a correct move. For a change, there are actually good match-ups tomorrow.

Dallas 20 Oakland 17 OT

I'd love to see the Raiders snipe the Cowboys but probably won't happen. That first game should be interesting. The enigma that is Matt Flynn. Wow, did we dodge a bullet on that one! I am with you on the night game. As a Hawk fan, the Steelers are not ahhhhh beloved. Cost me $2000 when we played them in Super Bowl. I had the Hawks @ 40 to 1. The Stones at halftime, I thought I couldn't lose. Ended up throwing things at the TV. Haha. As far as Thanksgiving goes, I'm not a big eater at this point & have professional advice telling me that staying away from my family is best thing for me. I got invited by friendgirl to a big thing but there weren't going to be many folks I knew there. Not up for the big party with a bunch of people I don't know. Was sweet of her to invite though. She gets it & got me to promise to be less antisocial in December. Doable. You have a good Thanksgiving & good luck on your fantasy stuff!

This is not advice LOL. I'm staying put. I'm going to wolf down Miller Lites and watch College BBall & NFL. Actually down to my last beer. I WILL NOT DRIVE. I'll simply walk 1/4 mile to the convienence store.

Go with your girl friend - and all the pain you have experienced - get out and talk to these folks they want to see you. You have a nice girl friend and it will make her day!!

Date: November 28, 2013 12:29

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Dallas 20 Oakland 17 OT

This is not advice LOL. I'm staying put. I'm going to wolf down Miller Lites and watch College BBall & NFL. Actually down to my last beer. I WILL NOT DRIVE. I'll simply walk 1/4 mile to the convienence store.

Go with your girl friend - and all the pain you have experienced - get out and talk to these folks they want to see you. You have a nice girl friend and it will make her day!!

Friend girl. She' a buddy. She is real special but it's complicated. I may rally if I can get a little sleep. My "good" hip is destructing with bone on bone action. Not conducive to sleep. Hence the pain meds (would be Keith approved btw. haha). Walk safe!>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-28 15:45 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2013 15:56

This doesnt have anything to do with anything... but it is
FUNYY!!!... one of the funniest photo video bombs I have ever seen.

and funny is a good thing to have... Happy Thanksgivingsmileys with beer

Date: November 28, 2013 15:59

Max'sKansasCity

and funny is a good thing to have... Happy Thanksgivingsmileys with beer
Same to you Max's. Did you see the one earlier in the week where D Wade did a cartwheel behind LeBron whilst he was being interviewed? Evidently they are keeping it loose on South Beach.

Date: November 28, 2013 16:06

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
smileys with beer" class="bbcode" border="0" />
Same to you Max's. Did you see the one earlier in the week where D Wade did a cartwheel behind LeBron whilst he was being interviewed? Evidently they are keeping it loose on South Beach.

I didnt see that.. but it explains this one. Happy T-day C drinking smiley

Date: November 28, 2013 16:12

Date: November 28, 2013 16:53

crholmstrom

I dont even really like those those guys... BUT DATDEYSFUNNY!!! grinning smiley

And fun is good thing to have.

Date: November 28, 2013 16:57

So back to the NFL before someone yells at us...
I predict that the Lions win big today... and so do the Cowboys.

Late game??... Someone better win this game, but it might be a tie.

Date: November 28, 2013 17:03

Max'sKansasCity

A blowout Steeler's loss could really put a shine on the day!grinning smiley

Date: November 28, 2013 17:11

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Again - Detroit destroys GB. Stop Lacey and they fall apart,

Oakland 20-17 win or lose versus Cowboys.

Baltimore 17 Pitt 0 (There is no Rhyme or Reason to this prediction as I need FFL Defense points)

Date: November 28, 2013 23:20

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

Again - Detroit destroys GB. Stop Lacey and they fall apart,

Oakland 20-17 win or lose versus Cowboys.

Baltimore 17 Pitt 0 (There is no Rhyme or Reason to this prediction as I need FFL Defense points)

Looking good thus far

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 28, 2013 23:44

crholmstrom- good luck with your treatment and I wanted to wish you the best of health this holiday season.

I will give the Hawks a yell for you on Monday night as I will be at the Saints v. Hawks game. Take care of yourself.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Date: November 29, 2013 00:58

Geeezz... the Cowboys can be such little girls

Date: November 29, 2013 01:00

I miss John Madden calling this game...

Good ole John...

Date: November 29, 2013 01:29

LONDON CALLING... [www.sbnation.com]

The NFL is playing three international games next year in London

The Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins will square off on September 28 in Week 4 at Wembley Stadium to kick off the England schedule. Four weeks later, on Oct. 26, the Atlanta Falcons and Detroit Lions will clash. The final London contest coming in Week 10 when the Jacksonville Jaguars face the Dallas Cowboys on Nov. 9.

The times of the games will be announced at some point down the road, but tickets can be purchased at 10 a.m. on Dec. 3 to International Series season-ticket holders. Two days later, Club and Premium Club seats are available to the general public. Come Dec. 10, season tickets for any seat become available for the public.

2014 will mark the first season the NFL played three games overseas. This year, the NFL played two games across the pond with games between the San Francisco 49ers and Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 29, 2013 01:38

Max'sKansasCity

What did they do? I just got back from Thanksgiving with the folks and just now started watching.

Date: November 29, 2013 01:40

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

What did they do? I just got back from Thanksgiving with the folks and just now started watching.

They are languishing against one of the worst teams in the league, who have a backup QB.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 29, 2013 02:26

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

They are languishing against one of the worst teams in the league, who have a backup QB.

Oh, well Cowboys fans don't care about that. They'll act like they won the Super Bowl after beating a 1-8 team. Right now around Dallas everybody thinks they're going to win the Super Bowl because they're undefeated in their division. Nevermind that the NFC East right now is possibly the worst division in NFL history, and that Dallas hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:20

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

Oh, well Cowboys fans don't care about that. They'll act like they won the Super Bowl after beating a 1-8 team. Right now around Dallas everybody thinks they're going to win the Super Bowl because they're undefeated in their division. Nevermind that the NFC East right now is possibly the worst division in NFL history, and that Dallas hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record.

The same can be said, mostly, for the 49ers. Besides Arizona, they haven't beaten anybody with a winning record.

Date: November 29, 2013 08:29

NFL opponents with winning records are kind of hard to find this year winking smiley

The PIT V BAL was almost a tie.

Date: November 29, 2013 08:32

Max'sKansasCity
NFL opponents with winning records are kind of hard to find this year winking smiley

It's kind of an interesting year. Who knew Atlanta and Houston would tank and that Carolina and KC and Arizona would be in the thick of it?

Date: November 29, 2013 08:50

tomk
Max'sKansasCity

It's kind of an interesting year. Who knew Atlanta and Houston would tank and that Carolina and KC and Arizona would be in the thick of it?

VERY weird year... I bet if we had done a contest at the start of the year where everyone guessed the record of THEIR favorite NFL at this point in the season everyone would be off by at least 3-4 games (maybe with the exception of a couple of teams who have done as well as expected).

Date: November 29, 2013 09:23

Max'sKansasCity
tomk
Max'sKansasCity

VERY weird year... I bet if we had done a contest at the start of the year where everyone guessed the record of THEIR favorite NFL at this point in the season everyone would be off by at least 3-4 games (maybe with the exception of a couple of teams who have done as well as expected).

And that Green Bay is nothing, and I mean nothing, without Rogers. For some reason I think it's down to Seattle/Saints and another Broncos/Pats rematch. Then again, there's 4 weeks to play.

Date: November 29, 2013 11:44

Midnight Toker
crholmstrom- good luck with your treatment and I wanted to wish you the best of health this holiday season.

I will give the Hawks a yell for you on Monday night as I will be at the Saints v. Hawks game. Take care of yourself.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Thanks MT! You have a good holiday season too. After attending the SF game this year, I would advise earplugs for MNF. I saw Metallica @ Century Link when it opened & the crowd @ that game was louder. Looks like its going to be a chilly one too, Monday although they have backed off on the snow forecast. I hope to make it to either the Rams or Cardinals game. Even with the troubles of the past week, I still think we are going to the Super Bowl. I think we will probably lose one of the last 5 but as long as its not NO its all good. You have fun. I'll be there via the home theater.smileys with beer

Date: November 29, 2013 15:18

crholmstrom
Midnight Toker

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Thanks MT! You have a good holiday season too. After attending the SF game this year, I would advise earplugs for MNF. I saw Metallica @ Century Link when it opened & the crowd @ that game was louder. Looks like its going to be a chilly one too, Monday although they have backed off on the snow forecast. I hope to make it to either the Rams or Cardinals game. Even with the troubles of the past week, I still think we are going to the Super Bowl. I think we will probably lose one of the last 5 but as long as its not NO its all good. You have fun. I'll be there via the home theater.smileys with beer

I can play Dalton at San Diego or stick with Brees at Seattle. I need one these QBs to have a good game. Something tells me that the Seattle -N.O. game will be low scoring because Seattle has a huge home field advantage. They have a college atmosphere in that stadium.

I may have to roll the dice with an inconsistent Dalton. If I lose this week; No playoffs and season is done.

Date: November 29, 2013 15:25

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Midnight Toker

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I can play Dalton at San Diego or stick with Brees at Seattle. I need one these QBs to have a good game. Something tells me that the Seattle -N.O. game will be low scoring because Seattle has a huge home field advantage. They have a college atmosphere in that stadium.

I may have to roll the dice with an inconsistent Dalton. If I lose this week; No playoffs and season is done.
San Diego may be spent after last week's game. Though the Chargers are better this year, their D isn't on the same level with Hawks. Even though the Hawks are without Thurmond (or Browner but he was injured anyway), their replacements would probably start on most other teams. Just giving you some food for thought, Chris. Is your $ on the line. Wouldn't want to give you bad advice. Headin' down to Record Store Day to pick up new Flaming Lips & Nick Cave cds. Knocked myself out yesterday. Needed it. I know about the Stones ep but I can't go down the vinyl road again. Take care.

Date: November 29, 2013 17:18

Good grief, is it my imagination or are there more college games, both FB and BB, being played today than any other day in history?

I seem to recall maybe a couple of college football games played the day after, and maybe a couple of BB games, but it looks like there are 18 college football games and 50 college basketball games being played today/tonight... and then the usual 400 college football games being played tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-29 17:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 29, 2013 17:36

Max'sKansasCity
Good grief, is it my imagination or are there more college games, both FB and BB, being played today than any other day in history?

I seem to recall maybe a couple of college football games played the day after, and maybe a couple of BB games, but it looks like there are 18 college football games and 50 college basketball games being played today/tonight... and then the usual 400 college football games being played tomorrow.

First year Iron Bowl will played on Saturday as opposed to today. The whole country needs for Auburn to win that game.

Miami - Pitt CFF 3:30. If Miami would have beaten Duke last week this game would be for an ACC Title game against FSU.

Tomorrow, I think UNC will be beat Duke tomorrow and allow a Va Tech vs FSU game for the ACC Championship. In other words, it lookss lie the Noles control their own destiny to win it all.

The sexual assault allegations against J. Winston doesn't seem to have legs.

Also, concerning BB I recommend checking out the Duke-Arizona Tilt around 6:00 PM. Neutral Court, but that Parker kid is pretty damn good.

Date: November 29, 2013 18:20

The Apple Cup should be good this year (Washington vs. Washington State). Teams are fairly evenly matched & bowl eligible for a change. 12:30 Pacific on FOX.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home