Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 14, 2013 11:59

keefriffhard4life
No Expectations
keefriffhard4life
No Expectations
Kapernick laid an egg. 46 yards passing for the game. Suspect play calling. Very disappointing loss for the 49ers. Definitely drops them back to wild card hunting. Least they get an easy one this week at New Orleans!

you think playing in new orleans will be easy confused smiley

That was my extremely sarcastic side speaking! :-))

oh i got it now. i was about to say beating the saints in N.O. is one of the toughest tasks around

Hoping NO takes care of business this Sunday. The MNF showdown in Seattle on 12/2 should be a mighty good game. Russ Wilson idolizes Drew Brees. He will be fired up to play him.>grinning smiley<

Date: November 16, 2013 10:06

Looking like rainy & windy in Seattle tomorrow for the game. In other words: BEASTly weather! Ahhhh, November in Seattle....grinning smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2013 14:46

crholmstrom
Looking like rainy & windy in Seattle tomorrow for the game. In other words: BEASTly weather! Ahhhh, November in Seattle....grinning smiley

You won't have to sweat that game - I see something like a 24-10 Seahawk victory.

Date: November 16, 2013 15:08

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

You won't have to sweat that game - I see something like a 24-10 Seahawk victory.
Then the bye week. A weekend without Hawks! What am I going to do with my bad self? Haha. Percy Harvin is raring to go against his old team. Think he is just going to play enough to shake the rust off. After the bye we've got an important 2 game stretch against NO & SF. If we can split those & come out relatively unscathed the rest of the NFC better be aware that the road to NJ in February runs through Seattle. It's so cool (& different) to have a good team! Woo hoo!smoking smiley

Date: November 16, 2013 15:25

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Then the bye week. A weekend without Hawks! What am I going to do with my bad self? Haha. Percy Harvin is raring to go against his old team. Think he is just going to play enough to shake the rust off. After the bye we've got an important 2 game stretch against NO & SF. If we can split those & come out relatively unscathed the rest of the NFC better be aware that the road to NJ in February runs through Seattle. It's so cool (& different) to have a good team! Woo hoo!smoking smiley

I live in Miami, the land of dysfunctional professional football. However, NC State is my college so by default I pull for the Hawks. Carolina Panthers are my main team. I think they will take N.E. on Monday Night.

Date: November 16, 2013 15:41

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

I live in Miami, the land of dysfunctional professional football. However, NC State is my college so by default I pull for the Hawks. Carolina Panthers are my main team. I think they will take N.E. on Monday Night.
Me too! They played us tough 1st week. Glad we played them then. They can beat NE with that D!smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2013 19:17

Indy barely beat Tennessee. Is Indy not that good or is Tennessee almost good enough?

Some potential snoozers actually look interesting:

NYJ @ Buf. The Jets have become something. Buffalo, well, whatever.

BAL @ CHI. Not that I'm a Ravens fan but if they beat Chicago that would be great.

CLE @ CIN. Too much orange.

WSH @ PHI. Go Philly. RG3 needs to shut up.

DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

ATL @ TB. Go Tampa!

ARZ @ JAX. Huh?

OAK @ HOU. SNOOOOOOOZE.

SD @ MIA. Interesting. Both 4-5.

SF @ NO. Ingram finally had a good game - against a crap team with the Saints O line that opened things up for him while Brees got hammered over and over. San Fran hasn't been the dominate team they were last year. Saints, in the recent past, are very difficult to beat at home in the Dome. I hope the Saints pound San Francisco.

GB @ NYG. With Rogers out any point in paying attention to this? 3-3 tie.

MIN @ SEA. Really? It'll be fun for Seahocks fans but a snooze nontheless.

KC @ DEN. KC finally plays a good team - one that's been struggling. If KC can continue to play the way they have they could beat Denver. Hell, DALLAS almost beat Denver.

NE @ CAR. Carolina wins this one because New England isn't that good, right? Tom Brady is having a horrible season, right? That's why they're 7-2 right?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 16, 2013 22:10

Crholmstrom - l live in Belltown and walk to the stadium. I will be there on Sunday. Go Hawks!!?????

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 16, 2013 22:18

DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

what?

Apparently you have never heard of Matt Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush... they are as far from snooooze as it gets, they make for very exciting football plays, esp Calvin Johnson. DETROIT IS BACK!!! well, as far as football goes anyway winking smiley

I could comment about the other reviews.... but there is no need for that, if anyone wants real game by game previews there are more sites on the internet than fish in the sea.

Date: November 17, 2013 10:34

Midnight Toker
Crholmstrom - l live in Belltown and walk to the stadium. I will be there on Sunday. Go Hawks!!?????[/quote

Go Hawks! My ticket didn't come through but I'll probably get to go to either the Rams or Cards game. Is ok. I've got a hella ugly week coming up @ work & am going to NIN on Friday. Been looking forward to that for months. I went to the 1st 2 home games this year & it was fun. Kind of hard for me to go a lot due to some physical limitations. I'm in West Seattle. We'll have to get together & compare Stones notes some time. Root the boys on for me today! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 17, 2013 14:34

crholmstrom
Midnight Toker
Crholmstrom - l live in Belltown and walk to the stadium. I will be there on Sunday. Go Hawks!!?????[/quote

Go Hawks! My ticket didn't come through but I'll probably get to go to either the Rams or Cards game. Is ok. I've got a hella ugly week coming up @ work & am going to NIN on Friday. Been looking forward to that for months. I went to the 1st 2 home games this year & it was fun. Kind of hard for me to go a lot due to some physical limitations. I'm in West Seattle. We'll have to get together & compare Stones notes some time. Root the boys on for me today! >grinning smiley<

Check StubHub, TicketsNow websites or just show up at the stadium. Someone always has an extra ticket. Also, it should be easier for this particular game. BTW, what is NIN?

Date: November 17, 2013 15:02

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Midnight Toker

Check StubHub, TicketsNow websites or just show up at the stadium. Someone always has an extra ticket. Also, it should be easier for this particular game. BTW, what is NIN?
Nine Inch Nails. I've got severe RA & I'm not getting around too well today. The smart move is warm on the couch. I'll see if I rally after I get some breakfast but no sleep because of pain issues.

Date: November 17, 2013 15:14

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Midnight Toker

Nine Inch Nails. I've got severe RA & I'm not getting around too well today. The smart move is warm on the couch. I'll see if I rally after I get some breakfast but no sleep because of pain issues.

HDTV- is always a great alternative. I think your decision is correct. RA symptons are well underrated can be debilitating. Go Hawks!!!!

Date: November 17, 2013 15:30

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Midnight Toker

HDTV- is always a great alternative. I think your decision is correct. RA symptons are well underrated can be debilitating. Go Hawks!!!!

+ after I decided the game was a no go, I gave some of the $ I was going to use on a ticket to Mercy Corps for the Philippines. I know they are going to be collecting at the game & was intending on giving there. I usually only to to 1 game a year & I've already done 2 this year. I intend to go to 1 of the last 2 home games. I made a friend at the SF game whose family has a bunch of seats & he said he often has an extra. Pretty sure is going to come through. Really good seats, expensive but no scalper add ons. Also, in zones that aren't as challenging physically for me. I can wait til then. I get the home theater cranked up & its pretty good. Should be interesting having the starting O line playing for a change! Looking forward to the debut of Percy Harvin. I have a feeling he is going to bust 1 loose against his old team. Go Hawks! I have started the pregame voodoo rituals already. Haha.

Date: November 17, 2013 17:47

Max'sKansasCity
DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

what?

Apparently you have never heard of Matt Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush... they are as far from snooooze as it gets, they make for very exciting football plays, esp Calvin Johnson. DETROIT IS BACK!!! well, as far as football goes anyway winking smiley

I could comment about the other reviews.... but there is no need for that, if anyone wants real game by game previews there are more sites on the internet than fish in the sea.

No. You took that wrong. It will probably be boring, like 42-6. That's a snooze as well. I know they're good. If it's a blowout, which is most likely will be since the Steelers stink, those can get boring real fast.

Date: November 17, 2013 19:13

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

what?

No. You took that wrong. It will probably be boring, like 42-6. That's a snooze as well. I know they're good. If it's a blowout, which is most likely will be since the Steelers stink, those can get boring real fast.

I tend to disagree. I'm not sure if Detroit will even win this game. Unfamiliarity between teams, hostile environment, home underdog attribute, etc... seems to favor the Steelers. Remember, NFL stands for Not For Long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-17 19:17 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 17, 2013 22:22

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

what?

I tend to disagree. I'm not sure if Detroit will even win this game. Unfamiliarity between teams, hostile environment, home underdog attribute, etc... seems to favor the Steelers. Remember, NFL stands for Not For Long.

They said they were switching to this game on FOX, but instead they started showing a rerun of "The Longest Yard", with the inmates playing the guards... or something.

Date: November 17, 2013 23:19

jets become the 1st team in NFL history to alternate wins and losses through the first 10 weeks of the season

Date: November 18, 2013 02:40

WHO DAT!?!?

Saints look pretty good...
A good running game and a good passing game, WOW!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-18 02:43 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 18, 2013 03:37

Max'sKansasCity
WHO DAT!?!?

A few, eh, SCREWUPS made me a bit loud. But damn, yeah, wow. You had better believe I figured a loss with Hartley kicking. That guy makes me sick.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Was I ever wrong about the Detroit/Pittsburgh game!!!

Date: November 18, 2013 03:44

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
WHO DAT!?!?

A few, eh, SCREWUPS made me a bit loud. But damn, yeah, wow. You had better believe I figured a loss with Hartley kicking. That guy makes me sick.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Was I ever wrong about the Detroit/Pittsburgh game!!!

Who thought Miami would beat S.D.? KC -Denver should be fun- I need D. Thomas to rack up points for my FFL team. Drees only got me 19 pts. today.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 18, 2013 06:22

DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

Pretty exciting. Steelers open and close the game with 2 TDs, Stafford becomes the all-time leading Detroit passer, Calvin gets no catches in the 2nd half.

And the Steelers continue their unlikely run at a wild card berth after giving everyone a 4-game headstart.

Denver threatening KC's unbeaten streak with 9 minutes to go.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 18, 2013 06:28

The Bills exposed the Chiefs and the Bronco's disposed of them.

Date: November 18, 2013 13:28

KC played decently last night. I think the tables may be turned @ Arrowhead. My Seahawks were mighty yesterday. This was the first game with the real Hawks, as envisioned before the season. I think the rest of the league may be price checking Depends about now. Percy Harvin shook off the rust nicely & contributed. If not for Peyton, I believe Russell Wilson is a worthy candidate for MVP. All that guy does is win. He has not been beaten at Century Link yet. Am looking forward to the Saints game on 12/2. May have to turn the sound off because Gruden is going to be having kittens. MNF tonight could be a good game, too. BTW: What has happened to the 40whiners? They are kind of, how you say, sucking. Go Hawks! Woo Hoo!>grinning smiley<

Date: November 18, 2013 17:01

winter
DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

Pretty exciting. Steelers open and close the game with 2 TDs, Stafford becomes the all-time leading Detroit passer, Calvin gets no catches in the 2nd half.

And the Steelers continue their unlikely run at a wild card berth after giving everyone a 4-game headstart.

I saw that score and was surprised. Things are looking up in Pittsburgh? Detroit is... what are they doing? One week they're great, the next they stink. Not very good. That division will be hilarious to see who makes it to the playoffs.

Date: November 18, 2013 18:11

GasLightStreet
winter
DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

I saw that score and was surprised. Things are looking up in Pittsburgh? Detroit is... what are they doing? One week they're great, the next they stink. Not very good. That division will be hilarious to see who makes it to the playoffs.

the detroit coach made a horrible fake FG call for no reason at all

Date: November 19, 2013 11:39

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
winter
DET @ PIT. SNOOOOOZE.

the detroit coach made a horrible fake FG call for no reason at all
Totally agree. Don't wtf he was thinking. How about those Steeler uniforms? New definition of ugly!

Date: November 19, 2013 12:23

Good MNF game last night. Nice to see Carolina do well. Another team with really good D. I'm detecting a pattern here. DK about the noncall at the end of the game though. Nice to see the evil Belichick lose on questionable call. I think I saw him in the trailer for the new Hobbit movie as a troll.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 19, 2013 18:56

Watch out for Buffalo over the next years. This is a team on the up swing.

Date: November 20, 2013 12:43

More Hot Rocks
Watch out for Buffalo over the next years. This is a team on the up swing.
Agreed. They will probably get a little better schedule in the future because they complained. Don't think I'd be worried about saving for playoff tickets this year though.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home