Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: November 24, 2013 16:53

www.506sports.com shows maps of which games are shown on network TV for each state in the US. Updates on Wed or Thursday each week.

Best NFL weekend for me so far with the Panthers on at 1pm across most of the country and then the entire US gets to watch Big Blue take down (hopefully!) Dallas for the 4pm game. Then Manning vs Brady at 8pm.

Here's to hoping Romo is still healthy enough to play in the 4th quarter!
Go GIANTS!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 24, 2013 17:05

I want to go to the Carolina -Miami game - I'm still waiting for the wife to return home from church with her son and three month pregnant wife. The weather has stopped raining and now is sunny with reasonable "Fall Like humidity"
with a pleaseant breeze.

I need for their butts to get back from church ASAP so i can obtain tix via Fed Ex Kinkos because my printer is not working. We're looking at midfield seats at a reasonable price $70.00 in a crucial game.

I have to adhere their wishes as they are guests. I still have HDTV & Red Zone if this doesn't pan out!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 24, 2013 20:11

Just found out we got bit by the bye week bug. Cornerback Walter Thurmond suspended 4 games for non-PED substance. Idiot! Gotta be the green..

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 24, 2013 23:06

nellcote'71
www.506sports.com shows maps of which games are shown on network TV for each state in the US. Updates on Wed or Thursday each week.

^^GREAT TIP!!^^

Best NFL weekend for me so far with the Panthers on at 1pm across most of the country and then the entire US gets to watch Big Blue take down (hopefully!) Dallas for the 4pm game. Then Manning vs Brady at 8pm.

Go GIANTS!

Good luck with your Giants!!

Date: November 25, 2013 01:32

Max'sKansasCity
nellcote'71

^^GREAT TIP!!^^

Go GIANTS!

Upset city this weekend. Sorry about your Chiefs, Max's. That was 1 hell of a game though. Giants are looking something less than stellar at this point.

Date: November 25, 2013 04:30

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
nellcote'71

^^GREAT TIP!!^^

Go GIANTS!

Upset city this weekend. Sorry about your Chiefs, Max's. That was 1 hell of a game though. Giants are looking something less than stellar at this point.

Sorry? about what? It was a great game and I love the way they drove down field and scored a TD at the end to go ahead (for a moment).... but they made a coaching mistake by not letting the clock run. I dont know why they called that timeout at 1:44 versus running the clock further down, maybe lack of confidence in the offense, which I suppose is understandable. But teams in this league can not leave too much time on the clock in a close game after scoring like that. But... so oh well, it was a really fun game to watch, at home, where it was 72 degreees and free beer.

Date: November 25, 2013 13:11

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
nellcote'71

^^GREAT TIP!!^^

Go GIANTS!

Sorry? about what? It was a great game and I love the way they drove down field and scored a TD at the end to go ahead (for a moment).... but they made a coaching mistake by not letting the clock run. I dont know why they called that timeout at 1:44 versus running the clock further down, maybe lack of confidence in the offense, which I suppose is understandable. But teams in this league can not leave too much time on the clock in a close game after scoring like that. But... so oh well, it was a really fun game to watch, at home, where it was 72 degreees and free beer.

Sunday Night Game was pretty damn good too. Apparently there is some Kryptonite for Peyton out there. Meant sorry as in losing close one at home. Another advantage to watching at home: no line for the bathroom!winking smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 25, 2013 13:22

Gooooo Chargers!

Date: November 25, 2013 14:17

leteyer
Gooooo Chargers![/quote

They played a really good game!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 26, 2013 00:16

I don't see KC winning any of the last games. Maybe one at the most. True colors are showing.

Date: November 26, 2013 00:30

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
nellcote'71

^^GREAT TIP!!^^

Go GIANTS!

Sunday Night Game was pretty damn good too. Apparently there is some Kryptonite for Peyton out there. Meant sorry as in losing close one at home. Another advantage to watching at home: no line for the bathroom!winking smiley
thumbs up

btw- I read/saw a story that said something like only 7% of NFL fans worldwide had ever been to an actual NFL stadium for a game, which is too bad. Everyone should go at least once in their life. I try to go once a year.... mostly for (early season)(warmer) night games (although I have spent many a frost bitten afternoon at Arrowhead) which makes 70 degree Monday Night games seem like more fun to me. Those early Sunday starts tend to interrupt the night before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-26 00:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 26, 2013 00:51

I went to the Carolina-Miami game at the outdated "Sun Life " stadium. I enjoyed the experience, however, I had midfield lowerbowl tix and we were at least 12 yards from the play of action. Stadium needs to be retrofitted (Side seats moved closer to field) to meet current standards.

For crying outloud, My 55' Samsung HDTV gives me a better perspective of the game.

I'm not forking out money anymore where a venue does not give me an interpersonal experience. The only real deal these days is going to a college BB or pro hockey game where you are on top of the action. Or even great seats to a concert.

Well Mike Wallace did come through and has kept me barely hanging on for an FFL playoff birth.

Date: November 26, 2013 04:16

Chris Fountain
I went to the Carolina-Miami game at the outdated "Sun Life " stadium. I enjoyed the experience, however, I had midfield lowerbowl tix and we were at least 12 yards from the play of action. Stadium needs to be retrofitted (Side seats moved closer to field) to meet current standards.

For crying outloud, My 55' Samsung HDTV gives me a better perspective of the game.

I'm not forking out money anymore where a venue does not give me an interpersonal experience. The only real deal these days is going to a college BB or pro hockey game where you are on top of the action. Or even great seats to a concert.

At least with concerts you know your team will win.

And the thing I read about "only 7%" was talking about how the NFL knows people like watching NFL games at home, on a big screen, where one does not miss any of the action, no matter where it takes place on the field, and it talked about how they are trying to figure out ways to make the "at game" as good/better than "at home". They showed the HUGE screen at Cowboys stadium as an example.

If I was rich rich rich, I would fly us all down Dallas on the private jet and we could play Xbox on that big screen... I bet they would let us, if we paid them enough.

dang... this MNF game (dedskins V 9ers) is a snoozer...

Date: November 26, 2013 12:02

Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain

And the thing I read about "only 7%" was talking about how the NFL knows people like watching NFL games at home, on a big screen, where one does not miss any of the action, no matter where it takes place on the field, and it talked about how they are trying to figure out ways to make the "at game" as good/better than "at home". They showed the HUGE screen at Cowboys stadium as an example.

If I was rich rich rich, I would fly us all down Dallas on the private jet and we could play Xbox on that big screen... I bet they would let us, if we paid them enough.

Ya, MNF put me to sleep. More bad news in our secondary. Turning into the Legion of Doom. Someone needs to educate the Seahawks about artificial urine. Drew Brees had to change his shorts when the news came out.sad smiley

Date: November 26, 2013 12:06

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain

Ya, MNF put me to sleep. More bad news in our secondary. Turning into the Legion of Doom. Someone needs to educate the Seahawks about artificial urine. Drew Brees had to change his shorts when the news came out.sad smiley

Yup, that game last night was pretty boring, although I am sure the 9er fans enjoyed it.

Dang, sad smileynly 5 more weeks left in the regular season.

Next Monday night's game should be a doozy.

Date: November 26, 2013 12:27

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain

Yup, that game last night was pretty boring, although I am sure the 9er fans enjoyed it.

Dang, sad smileynly 5 more weeks left in the regular season.

Next Monday night's game should be a doozy.

Hopefully our D line will be able to get some pressure on Brees. It's not hopeless. + Hawk offense is just coming into its own. The 12th man will have their work cut out for them. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go. Chemo day. The good part is I'll be all riled up on steroids for the game & able to identify with the players. Haha, department of silver linings.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 26, 2013 17:11

Griffin had another bad night. Does he forget what team he plays for? Is Griffin not as good as people think he is or is he stuck on a bunk team?

Seeing how the past few weeks have been, with the team that should cruise getting beat or hammered, that does not mean New Orleans will destroy Seattle, seeing that Seattle is picked to win. Jacksonville beat Houston for shits sake. Tampa beat Detroit - the new New York Schizos (Giants) of football. St Louis hammered Chicago. Hell, Denver was up 24-0...

The only way New Orleans will beat Seattle is if they play better. I don't see a blowout happening. I don't see Seattle rolling over just because a couple of players are out. I see a really really good game being played, perhaps as good as when San Francisco barely beat New Orleans in the 2012 playoffs, which was an outstanding game.

I still can not stand the fact that a team with an even or a losing record could make the playoffs just because they won their division yet alone teams with a better record don't get in because of division winners. If the playoffs started today Arizona, at 7-4, would not make the playoffs because they don't lead their division, while division leading Detroit and Dallas, both 6-5, are in.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: November 26, 2013 17:38

GasLightStreet
Griffin had another bad night. Does he forget what team he plays for? Is Griffin not as good as people think he is or is he stuck on a bunk team?

Seeing how the past few weeks have been, with the team that should cruise getting beat or hammered, that does not mean New Orleans will destroy Seattle, seeing that Seattle is picked to win. Jacksonville beat Houston for shits sake. Tampa beat Detroit - the new New York Schizos (Giants) of football. St Louis hammered Chicago. Hell, Denver was up 24-0...

The only way New Orleans will beat Seattle is if they play better. I don't see a blowout happening. I don't see Seattle rolling over just because a couple of players are out. I see a really really good game being played, perhaps as good as when San Francisco barely beat New Orleans in the 2012 playoffs, which was an outstanding game.

I still can not stand the fact that a team with an even or a losing record could make the playoffs just because they won their division yet alone teams with a better record don't get in because of division winners. If the playoffs started today Arizona, at 7-4, would not make the playoffs because they don't lead their division, while division leading Detroit and Dallas, both 6-5, are in.

What comes around, goes around. The NFC West was the toilet of the league for years, and 7-9 Seattle won the divison one year, while the other divisions had teams bypassed.

Date: November 26, 2013 17:50

It's stupid. It's rewarding mediocrity.

Date: November 27, 2013 11:07

StonesCat
GasLightStreet

What comes around, goes around. The NFC West was the toilet of the league for years, and 7-9 Seattle won the divison one year, while the other divisions had teams bypassed.

The year of the Beastquake!

Date: November 27, 2013 11:11

GasLightStreet

Think RG3 is stuck on a mediocre team. Dan Snyder isn't a great owner. Meddle too much. Much like Jerry Jones. On top of that, RG is probably surrounded by "friends" who are constantly telling him he is God's gift to football. Even for the best, there is a learning curve. Too much, too soon is bad if you don't have your head planted squarely on your shoulders.

Date: November 27, 2013 16:59

Robert Griffin is the new Vince Young!

Date: November 27, 2013 17:31

I think Houston gets the head scratcher of the year award.
One might think that they should be a lot better than this.

Date: November 27, 2013 18:30

Max'sKansasCity
I think Houston gets the head scratcher of the year award.
One might think that they should be a lot better than this.

Just ignore them and they will eventually go away.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 27, 2013 21:45

GasLightStreet
Robert Griffin is the new Vince Young!
Doesn't help that he came from major knee surgery

Date: November 27, 2013 22:20

I am sicked and tired as hell of hearing of the Washington Redskins. I want to vomit anytime I hear of an incompetent Irish Coach and a Quarterback that needs to have his nails done week after week. Redskins Nickname? Who gives a shit? Hell there is a injun standing on top of the Capitol Building. Go Figure.

Anyway, I sneakedly picked up Crabtree... I will win the FFL company pool -
$500 ( I should win 10X80). Yes, I work with socialists; so second & third places steal my winnings.

Brees & schizo Chris Johnson will lead to victory! Oh if you have Vernon Davis GO FOR IT!

Date: November 28, 2013 10:57

Chris Fountain
I am sicked and tired as hell of hearing of the Washington Redskins. I want to vomit anytime I hear of an incompetent Irish Coach and a Quarterback that needs to have his nails done week after week. Redskins Nickname? Who gives a shit? Hell there is a injun standing on top of the Capitol Building. Go Figure.

$500 ( I should win 10X80). Yes, I work with socialists; so second & third places steal my winnings.

Brees & schizo Chris Johnson will lead to victory! Oh if you have Vernon Davis GO FOR IT!

Until next weekend at least.winking smiley Whiner kryptonite is on the way down from Seattle.

Date: November 28, 2013 11:06

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Until next weekend at least.winking smiley Whiner kryptonite is on the way down from Seattle.

Brother C, health issues improving? Anyway - I have to play either Brees or Dalton. Dalton is as dependable as a second car. No offense I have to play Brees against the Seahawks. I despise being in this position, but I need to kick my co workers' asses. When is that game played? Sunday Night would be perfect.

Date: November 28, 2013 11:23

They're going to make you wait until MNF for Saints/Hawks. The next weekend Hawks/SF in SF is an afternoon game at this point. I'm hanging in there. I try to make the best of it. I'm still working, so that's a plus. I do treatment Monday. Luckily, is early enough that I get home before the Seahawk traffic gets really thick. I appreciate you asking. Basically, I'm doing chemo to slow down the destruction in my joints until maybe a "cure" comes along. Its a 4 week cycle. Sick week 1, 2 weeks of sorta tolerable, then 1 week of last treatment wearing off. Better than nothing & I'm not in a wheelchair yet. I'm skipping Thanksgiving & doing pain meds & NFL today. Haha. You know what they say about the pain meds: they only give you the good stuff when you can't dance! Go Hawks!grinning smiley PS: I'm good with Brees scoring a bunch Monday as the long as the Hawks have 1 more point at the end of the game.winking smiley

Date: November 28, 2013 11:44

crholmstrom
They're going to make you wait until MNF for Saints/Hawks. The next weekend Hawks/SF in SF is an afternoon game at this point. I'm hanging in there. I try to make the best of it. I'm still working, so that's a plus. I do treatment Monday. Luckily, is early enough that I get home before the Seahawk traffic gets really thick. I appreciate you asking. Basically, I'm doing chemo to slow down the destruction in my joints until maybe a "cure" comes along. Its a 4 week cycle. Sick week 1, 2 weeks of sorta tolerable, then 1 week of last treatment wearing off. Better than nothing & I'm not in a wheelchair yet. I'm skipping Thanksgiving & doing pain meds & NFL today. Haha. You know what they say about the pain meds: they only give you the good stuff when you can't dance! Go Hawks!grinning smiley PS: I'm good with Brees scoring a bunch Monday as the long as the Hawks have 1 more point at the end of the game.winking smiley

LOL - you're skipping Thanksgivings? You're actually skipping the meal for the meds. Understandable and a correct move. For a change, there are actually good match-ups tomorrow.

GB at Detroit my prediction 48 - 27 Lions

Dallas 20 Oakland 17 OT

Baltimore 17 Pitt 0 (i have the Ravens Defense in FFL)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-28 11:50 by Chris Fountain.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home