Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:14

Agree with latebloomer and pretty much everyone else about the ticket prices--you won't see me justifying them! And it's such a shame that it keeps so many additional people from enjoying the band--I think the more "casual fans" that get to see them, the better, personally.

Re: 14 On Fire - Setlist
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:33

DoomandGloom
laertisflash
Some good points from Doxa.

And some thoughts of mine: If "1962" counted correctly, then the Stones have played 26 different songs after just only 4 gigs. On the entire 1978 tour (which means 25 gigs) they had played 33 different songs. Yes, 33 only. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think that on the entire 1981/82 tour they had performed under 40 different songs (37 maybe?). So, fans who complain about the Stones being a "lazy live act nowadays" (due to the "lack" of setlist variety) should explain: In comparison with which era, exactly??

In the so called "golden years" there was much more variety between tours (as the band had a "promoting every last almum" policy), but the variety between gigs of the same tour was almost non -existent. And know something? The old "model" offered more safety to them! Because they were playing the same songs, including many new numbers on which the band had recently worked in the studios, maybe for months. More safe than turnig up "2000 LYFH" after 22 years and playing it in front of 130,000 people at Glasto, i think - just to mention an example...

Speaking for myself: i can live with the thought that on a particular gig they 'll give me "Respectable" instead of "CYHMK". But, honestly, i can't imagine a Stones gog without "JJF" and "HTW". And i'm not a "casual fan", of couse...
good points, fact is The Stones were never The Grateful Dead. How do you have a show without Satisfaction??? Unrealistic.

No it isnt. They played 'Satisfaction' no more than about ten times in the 70s.

The 1999 No security Tour - the first tour where they jacked up the ticket prices for every show, with the average jumping from $65 to $110 with an upper limit of $300 and up - they announced in advance that they'd be dropping some warhorses (Satisfaction and Miss You) and unearthing some songs theyd never played before.

They still managed to sell out every single show - and guess what, people didnt walk out in disgust AND they came back in their millions for more when they toured again three years later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 01:35 by Gazza.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:35

Why do people like cabbage?

When people cook it, especially in apartment buildings, it fills the hallways with an unholy stench.

Years ago in the U.S., there was a news item about a man who died in his sleep through methane asphyxiation--that is, he literally farted himself to death. The news story also revealed that he had subsisted on a cabbage and beans diet.

Seriously, though, why do people like cabbage?

Myself, I can't remember actually having ever eaten it. Or maybe I have once or twice when I was little, but have since just blocked the memory out.

I wish people would stop cooking cabbage--especially in apartment buildings!

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:38

Gazza
DoomandGloom
laertisflash

And some thoughts of mine: If "1962" counted correctly, then the Stones have played 26 different songs after just only 4 gigs. On the entire 1978 tour (which means 25 gigs) they had played 33 different songs. Yes, 33 only. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think that on the entire 1981/82 tour they had performed under 40 different songs (37 maybe?). So, fans who complain about the Stones being a "lazy live act nowadays" (due to the "lack" of setlist variety) should explain: In comparison with which era, exactly??

In the so called "golden years" there was much more variety between tours (as the band had a "promoting every last almum" policy), but the variety between gigs of the same tour was almost non -existent. And know something? The old "model" offered more safety to them! Because they were playing the same songs, including many new numbers on which the band had recently worked in the studios, maybe for months. More safe than turnig up "2000 LYFH" after 22 years and playing it in front of 130,000 people at Glasto, i think - just to mention an example...

Speaking for myself: i can live with the thought that on a particular gig they 'll give me "Respectable" instead of "CYHMK". But, honestly, i can't imagine a Stones gog without "JJF" and "HTW". And i'm not a "casual fan", of couse...
good points, fact is The Stones were never The Grateful Dead. How do you have a show without Satisfaction??? Unrealistic.

The 1999 No security Tour - the first tour where they jacked up the ticket prices for every show, with the average jumping from $65 to $110 with an upper limit of $300 and up - they announced in advance that they'd be dropping some warhorses (Satisfaction and Miss You) and unearthing some songs theyd never played before.

They still managed to sell out every single show - and guess what, people didnt walk out in disgust AND they came back in their millions for more when they toured again three years later.

Facts are stubborn things. They were reborn on the No Security tour. I attended two shows on that tour -- no riots after the show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2014 02:57

fahthree
Gazza
DoomandGloom
laertisflash

Facts are stubborn things. They were reborn on the No Security tour. I attended two shows on that tour -- no riots after the show.

Likewise. Both the Hartford gigs. The only madness afterwards was the locals celebrating UCONN winning the basketball play offs on night 2. Crazy scenes!

Date: March 7, 2014 03:00

I really hate that they've outlawed smoking in bars. I can't understand people who don't realize that tobacco and booze go together. Drinking without smoking is like chewing food without swallowing--it adds that extra satisfying element, a comfort zone if you will--and if you won't, then I won't be seeing you at the bar, because I'll be sitting at home drinking by myself so that I can smoke all I like. I haven't been to a bar in ages as a result. I don't go in for that sidewalk smoking culture. Why go to a bar just to stand outside while your beer is sitting inside going flat?

Joe Jackson, he moved from New York to Berlin just so he could still smoke in bars. Of course, Joe Jackson isn't from New York, so I suppose it doesn't matter to him where he lives--but to move thousands of miles away to a different country and culture just so you can sit in a bar and smoke? Someone like that, he could probably afford to buy two apartments--one to live in and one to drink in. The first one is home, and the second one is furnished and fashioned like a bar, so that you can sit and smoke and drink. He could hire his own bartender. That's what I'd do. Then again, if you're going to move from New York to Berlin just because you want to smoke in bars, that's probably an indication that Joe Jackson only truly lives when he's sitting in bars--which may explain why he hasn't released any trendy new songs lately--or perhaps it's just post-post-punk. He's steppin' out--permanently....

Date: March 7, 2014 03:00

Gazza
fahthree
Gazza

Likewise. Both the Hartford gigs. The only madness afterwards was the locals celebrating UCONN winning the basketball play offs on night 2. Crazy scenes!

You heard I Got The Blues --- awesome. My friend and I almost went to that show. My biggest Stones regret.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 03:02 by fahthree.

Date: March 7, 2014 03:47

You know what really bothers me about going to the supermarket lately? These products that, after a while are not more expensive price-wise, but have become smaller.

For the longest time I have been paying $1.99 (U.S. dollars) for a 16-ounce (453.592-gram) can of (jellied) cranberry sauce. It's only lately that I've realized that the can has become smaller. It's the same price, but the can is now 15.2 ounces (430.913 grams).

If they're going to raise the prices, then why not just raise the prices? Instead, they keep the price the same but decrease the size of the product ever so slightly so that you won't notice until some moment by chance. Then you really feel cheated. I miss that 0.8 ounces (22.6796 grams). It really adds up in terms of portions, because then you have to buy an extra can just to make up the difference.

Inflation by deception is actually worse than inflation itself.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: March 7, 2014 06:49

Here's my ideas for set list improvements whilst the Stones are on tour with the at least some songs covered from each of the decades:
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. You Got Me Rocking or Mixed Emotions or Love is Strong

3. It's Only Rock'n'Roll or If You Can't Rock Me

4. Tumbling Dice or All Down the Line or Rocks Off or Rip this Joint

5. Ruby Tuesday or She’s a Rainbow or Lady Jane

6. Doom and Gloom

7. Respectable or Beast of Burden or Whip comes down

8. Honky Tonk Women or Street Fighting Man

9. Slipping Away or Happy

10. Before they make me run or You got the Silver or Little T&A

11. Midnight Rambler or CYHMK with MT

12. Miss You or Hot Stuff or Hey Negrita

13. Paint it Black or 19th Nervous Breakdown or Get off my cloud

14. Wild Horses or Angie
15. Start Me Up or One Hit or Mixed Emotions or Rock and a hard place

16. Sympathy for the Devil or Street Fighting Man or Out of Control

17. Brown Sugar and or Bitch

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction
20. Gimme Shelter or Monkey Man

Rotate a few of the end songs around and add a few others for possible inclusion:
Heartbreaker, Stray Cat Blues, Out of Control, Saint of Me, Winning Ugly, Sweet Virginia, Waiting on a Friend, Fancy man blues, Dead Flowers, Loving Cup, Torn & Frayed, Slave, Silver Train, 100 Years ago, Back of my hand, Love in Vain, Some Girls, Faraway Eyes, She was hot & Undercover.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 7, 2014 07:34

This will be my 3rd time to see the Rolling Stones voodoo lounge tour,licks tour HongKong 2003.and now 2014 Macau and Iam not worried about what they play.I m going to have a good time and really enjoy the music.I may not get to see the stones after this show again.

I have never seen Mick Taylor play before so this will be my 1st time for that,1st time for Macau.

cant wait to see them,its going to be special

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:50

mandu
This will be my 3rd time to see the Rolling Stones voodoo lounge tour,licks tour HongKong 2003.and now 2014 Macau and Iam not worried about what they play.I m going to have a good time and really enjoy the music.I may not get to see the stones after this show again.

I have never seen Mick Taylor play before so this will be my 1st time for that,1st time for Macau.

cant wait to see them,its going to be special

thumbs up

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 7, 2014 14:26

what ticket prices can we expect for arena shows in Europe, for example ,rumoured show in Vienna ?

To Sir Michael Jagger...
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:47

Is there any chance you can let Mick Taylor play lead guitar on:
Gimme Shelter
Sympathy for the Devil
Satisfaction
...with songs like Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking added to the setlist.
It would be much appreciated if you could incorporate an ex influential member of the band to make the current band sound even better.
Please seriously consider.
Regards,
Taylorite from iorr website.

Re: To Sir Michael Jagger...
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:49

yawning smiley

Re: To Sir Michael Jagger...
Date: March 7, 2014 14:08

...worth a try...

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:06

what happened with this thread ? in the middle of it, popped up, post from Eleanor Rigby To Sir Michael Jagger !!!???!?!? smiling bouncing smiley

....and again, i was wondering...
novica
what ticket prices can we expect for arena shows in Europe, for example ,rumoured show in Vienna ?

Date: March 7, 2014 15:18

novica
what happened with this thread ? in the middle of it, popped up, post from Eleanor Rigby To Sir Michael Jagger !!!???!?!? smiling bouncing smiley

novica

ha..no idea!

I went looking for my thread posted about 30 minutes ago to find it in here ??? WTF ?
It seems ok to have seperate threads about how good the band is, but BV is putting criticism threads into one...go figure !!!

my thread was hardly a "complaint" !!!! for f*cks sake most of the Stones fans want MT to play on songs which made the live Stones of 1969-73 sound unbelievable !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 15:19 by Eleanor Rigby.

Date: March 7, 2014 15:21

novica

novica

This is the thread for ticket prices AND complaints smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:23

Ticket prices and other complaints thread. The tone is pretty well set there...

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:28

winos
Here's my ideas for set list improvements whilst the Stones are on tour with the at least some songs covered from each of the decades:
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. You Got Me Rocking or Mixed Emotions or Love is Strong

3. It's Only Rock'n'Roll or If You Can't Rock Me

4. Tumbling Dice or All Down the Line or Rocks Off or Rip this Joint

5. Ruby Tuesday or She’s a Rainbow or Lady Jane

6. Doom and Gloom

7. Respectable or Beast of Burden or Whip comes down

8. Honky Tonk Women or Street Fighting Man

9. Slipping Away or Happy

10. Before they make me run or You got the Silver or Little T&A

11. Midnight Rambler or CYHMK with MT

12. Miss You or Hot Stuff or Hey Negrita

13. Paint it Black or 19th Nervous Breakdown or Get off my cloud

14. Wild Horses or Angie
15. Start Me Up or One Hit or Mixed Emotions or Rock and a hard place

16. Sympathy for the Devil or Street Fighting Man or Out of Control

17. Brown Sugar and or Bitch

19. Satisfaction
20. Gimme Shelter or Monkey Man

Rotate a few of the end songs around and add a few others for possible inclusion:
Heartbreaker, Stray Cat Blues, Out of Control, Saint of Me, Winning Ugly, Sweet Virginia, Waiting on a Friend, Fancy man blues, Dead Flowers, Loving Cup, Torn & Frayed, Slave, Silver Train, 100 Years ago, Back of my hand, Love in Vain, Some Girls, Faraway Eyes, She was hot & Undercover.

So

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. If You Can't Rock Me
4. Rip this Joint
5. Ruby Tuesday
6. Doom and Gloom
7. Whip comes down
8. Honky Tonk Women
9. Slipping Away
10. You got the Silver
11. CYHMK
12. Hey Negrita
13. Get off my cloud
14. Angie
15. Rock and a hard place
16. Out of Control
17. Bitch
19. Satisfaction
20. Monkey Man

Could see some complaints about that setlist...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:50

Stonehearted, are you Seinfeld? Ha-ha. Nice try fella. In the end the tank is half full AND half empty.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:24

Stoneage

I have always had difficulties here at IORR to find a room for a critical discussion, since that is so easily associated to 'complaining' or, to use another favourite word, 'whining'. I complain that!grinning smiley

I am also afraid that all critical discussion is going to be directed to this very thread. Nothing wrong with that basically, but it is pretty hard to follow discussion here, since the topics vary such a lot... I also complain that!tongue sticking out smiley

But this is BV's site, and it is his labor of love he does here, and we are his guests, who should behave according to the rules and norms, so for the respect of the moderator and his big effort, I don't complain more.

In order to cope with here better, I probably should try that 'cheerleader' hat more often, if that only would suit me...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:32

Doxa
Stoneage

I have always had difficulties here at IORR to find a room for a critical discussion, since that is so easily associated to 'complaining' or, to use another favourite word, 'whining'. I complain that!grinning smiley

I am also afraid that all critical discussion is going to be directed to this very thread. Nothing wrong with that basically, but it is pretty hard to follow discussion here, since the topics vary such a lot... I also complain that!tongue sticking out smiley

But this is BV's site, and it is his labor of love he does here, and we are his guests, who should behave according to the rules and norms, so for the respect of the moderator and his big effort, I don't complain more.

In order to cope with here better, I probably should try that 'cheerleader' hat more often, if that only would suit me...winking smiley

- Doxa

you know, that's a lot of bitching, even for the complaints thread.

Date: March 7, 2014 16:32

So how is asking mick jagger to include mick taylor in more songs a complaint???
Unreal..bv needs to relax and not take it so personally.

Date: March 7, 2014 16:36

Eleanor Rigby
So how is asking mick jagger to include mick taylor in more songs a complaint???

by insinuation. you're insinuating that MJ isn't 'allowing' MT to play on more songs, and by asking for more, you're insinuating that MJ's to blame.

So stop it, ok?

Date: March 7, 2014 16:37

Eleanor Rigby

If it's not praise it's a complaint. Fans are passionate and have opinions. Sadly, dissenting views, i.e. not praise, are construed as complaints.

Date: March 7, 2014 16:47

Haha...ok..I'll repost my thread "to sir michael jagger..thankyou for allowing mick taylor to play on 3 songs, its fantastic, fans dont need to hear him play blazing solos on his favourite songs like brown sugar, gimme shelter etc.., thankyou sir mick, you are a legend",
Regards,
Non taylorite

Date: March 7, 2014 16:47

Eleanor Rigby
Haha...ok..I'll repost my thread "to sir michael jagger..thankyou for allowing mick taylor to play on 3 songs, its fantastic, fans dont need to hear him play blazing solos on his favourite songs like brown sugar, gimme shelter etc.., thankyou sir mick, you are a legend",
Regards,
Non taylorite

not as hard as you thought, eh?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:57

treaclefingers
Doxa
Stoneage

- Doxa

you know, that's a lot of bitching, even for the complaints thread.

Well, that was a hidden set list complaint that they don't play "Bitch" any longer...

- Doxa

Date: March 7, 2014 17:03

treaclefingers
Eleanor Rigby
Regards,
Non taylorite

not as hard as you thought, eh?

Everybody sells out to "the Man" sooner or later!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home