Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 7, 2014 17:19

fahthree
treaclefingers
Eleanor Rigby
Haha...ok..I'll repost my thread "to sir michael jagger..thankyou for allowing mick taylor to play on 3 songs, its fantastic, fans dont need to hear him play blazing solos on his favourite songs like brown sugar, gimme shelter etc.., thankyou sir mick, you are a legend",
Regards,
Non taylorite

not as hard as you thought, eh?

Everybody sells out to "the Man" sooner or later!

agreed...easy when you are brainwashed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:30

Doxa
treaclefingers
Doxa
Stoneage
Ticket prices and other complaints thread. The tone is pretty well set there...

I have always had difficulties here at IORR to find a room for a critical discussion, since that is so easily associated to 'complaining' or, to use another favourite word, 'whining'. I complain that!grinning smiley

I am also afraid that all critical discussion is going to be directed to this very thread. Nothing wrong with that basically, but it is pretty hard to follow discussion here, since the topics vary such a lot... I also complain that!tongue sticking out smiley

But this is BV's site, and it is his labor of love he does here, and we are his guests, who should behave according to the rules and norms, so for the respect of the moderator and his big effort, I don't complain more.

In order to cope with here better, I probably should try that 'cheerleader' hat more often, if that only would suit me...winking smiley

- Doxa

you know, that's a lot of bitching, even for the complaints thread.

Well, that was a hidden set list complaint that they don't play "Bitch" any longer...

- Doxa

you see, that's confusing. it could just have easily have been for Little T&A.

Re: To Sir Michael Jagger...
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 7, 2014 22:35

Eleanor Rigby
Is there any chance you can let Mick Taylor play lead guitar on:
Gimme Shelter
Sympathy for the Devil
Satisfaction
...with songs like Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking added to the setlist.
It would be much appreciated if you could incorporate an ex influential member of the band to make the current band sound even better.
Please seriously consider.
Regards,
Taylorite from iorr website.

They don't want people saying how much better those numbers sound with Taylor. They don't want people saying too bad he left.
They don't want people saying that the Stones were never the same after he left.
They simply don't want the comparison.

Thus, they bring Taylor along and bury him, drag him out for bacground vox and shit like that.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 8, 2014 02:48

frankotero
Stonehearted, are you Seinfeld? Ha-ha. Nice try fella. In the end the tank is half full AND half empty.

Hi Frank,

Actually, my favorite comedian is George Carlin. One of his CDs was called Complaints and Grievances--perfect for this thread. I mean, "other complaints" would seem to indicate quite a wide spectrum, wouldn't it?

And remember, "Sometimes a little brain damage can help".

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 8, 2014 03:08

Can we use Carlin's seven dirty words in this thread? winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 8, 2014 03:34

Only if they're not phoned in with a you-know-what.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 8, 2014 15:43

Ok this is a complaints thread right?
Ticket prices suck - too high for a bunch of old farts.
Song choice is too safe. No risk..weak as piss.
No guitars..give the band some balls keith..ah..thats right you cant play guitar anymore.
Play a longer setlist..see point above.
Finally..the obvious one..give mick taylor more time playing guitar on stage!
Ok..there are my complaints.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 8, 2014 16:27

Why do the Stones ignore their best music and play the same songs over and over?? That is my complaint about the band. My other complaint is people should stop bitching about Keith. keith can still play I saw them three timeslast year and he was fine!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 8, 2014 16:41

Eleanor Rigby
Ok this is a complaints thread right?
Ticket prices suck - too high for a bunch of old farts.
Song choice is too safe. No risk..weak as piss.
No guitars..give the band some balls keith..ah..thats right you cant play guitar anymore.
Play a longer setlist..see point above.
Finally..the obvious one..give mick taylor more time playing guitar on stage!
Ok..there are my complaints.

Phew... you really told 'em, here.
Hope they'll recover from that...

Date: March 8, 2014 16:50

slew
Why do the Stones ignore their best music and play the same songs over and over?? That is my complaint about the band. My other complaint is people should stop bitching about Keith. keith can still play I saw them three timeslast year and he was fine!

ok, I've got a slew of complaints, but i'll winnow it down to just one.

people who complain about complainers on a complaint thread.

not classy!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 8, 2014 16:57

treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

All whiners in the world unite!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 8, 2014 17:05

kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

Can we whine about non-Stones related stuff? If so, I'd like to officially whine about the weather...and my new dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel sticky.

Date: March 8, 2014 17:07

It's baffling that GS, SFTD, PIB, BS, JJF, S, SMU, RT, Angie, WH and MR aren't considered as being among their best songs by fans...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 8, 2014 17:17

latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

Can we whine about non-Stones related stuff? If so, I'd like to officially whine about the weather...and my new dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel sticky.

Off topics are not allowed. Sorry.
Sticky Hair seems a nice title for the next album, btw, considered Jagger's hairpiece grinning smiley

Date: March 8, 2014 17:34

kleermaker
latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

Sticky Hair seems a nice title for the next album, btw, considered Jagger's hairpiece grinning smiley

Got it, Klerrie. Sticky Hair would work well for a title, considering all the hair spray that must fly around Mick, Keith, and Ronnie.grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 8, 2014 22:39

Aquamarine
Can we use Carlin's seven dirty words in this thread? winking smiley

Yes, so long as its a YouTube clip, since at least a couple would be "lost in translation" when typing them into a post.

In addition to that, we can add another 400 or so....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2014 00:14

Whatever...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 02:37 by Stoneage.

Shortened concerts 2014
Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: March 10, 2014 06:03

Let me get this straight,We are forced to pay close to $600 for the best tix in Australia,only to (presumably)have up to 30 mins shaved off the concerts compared to last years US dates.There's no way I would have shelled out what I did for tix's if I'd known this in advance.Also,what's with the tracks in the fan vote generally being regularly played ones anyway?!It appears the best case scenario for diehard fans is one rarely played track per gig,if any.

Re: Shortened concerts 2014
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 10, 2014 06:07

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 10, 2014 09:51

bonddm
Let me get this straight,We are forced to pay close to $600 for the best tix in Australia,only to (presumably)have up to 30 mins shaved off the concerts compared to last years US dates.There's no way I would have shelled out what I did for tix's if I'd known this in advance.Also,what's with the tracks in the fan vote generally being regularly played ones anyway?!It appears the best case scenario for diehard fans is one rarely played track per gig,if any.

You were forced to buy the tickets? by whom the Stones police? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 09:52 by oldschool.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:29

About the setlists: Only one song per gig is a rarity (viewers choice, nr 7). Songs 1-5 are rotated but from the same selection. The rest are fixed.
Just an observation. Maybe that will change for the Aussie gigs though. Who knows?

Date: March 10, 2014 14:41

bonddm

Did they play 2:30 hrs long shows in the US?

Date: March 10, 2014 14:49

latebloomer
kleermaker
latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

Got it, Klerrie. Sticky Hair would work well for a title, considering all the hair spray that must fly around Mick, Keith, and Ronnie.grinning smiley

I must complain about this idea. Instead, let's call the next album "Treacle Hair".

Date: March 10, 2014 14:51

treaclefingers
latebloomer
kleermaker
latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

I must complain about this idea. Instead, let's call the next album "Treacle Hair".

What's wrong with "Dandy Hair"??

Date: March 10, 2014 15:06

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
latebloomer
kleermaker
latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

Hey, I started this! It has to be Bloomer hair.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:15

DandelionPowderman
bonddm

Did they play ca 2:30 hrs shows in the US?
Yes they did. Most shows have been around 2:20 hrs, Philly 2 was exceptional with 2:40 hrs (counted by me) Then they played Can't you hear me knocking and Midnight Rambler. The last show in WA DC was my shortest in the US with approx. 2:10-15 hrs. They did 21 songs only on that one like in Philly 1.

It's always that as the tour proceeds they play lesser songs and the shows tend to be around 2 hrs approximate. However rather a 2 hrs good show than nothing.

Date: March 10, 2014 15:45

Thanks, Grison. I knew some of the shows were longer, but 2:40 really was something extra, rather than the norm, no?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:05

DandelionPowderman
Thanks, Grison. I knew some of the shows were longer, but 2:40 really was something extra, rather than the norm, no?
Philly 2 was one of the shows out of the numbers I can't recall which was outstanding in length and quality.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:10

Philly 2 was awesome!!!

Finally getting to see Taylor play on CYHMK, watery eyes for sure. Then them playing UTB and the crowd singin' along. So cool. The latter, you would proabably had to been there.

Date: March 10, 2014 17:23

latebloomer
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
latebloomer
kleermaker
latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew

not classy!

Hey, I started this! It has to be Bloomer hair.

First of all, I'd prefer 'Lion Hair' to Dandy Hair (which would be seen widely as an homage to B2cool smiley.

Secondly, as far as 'Bloomer Hair' is concerned, why don't we shorten that a bit to 'Blo Hair', an homage to feathered '70s style' hair.

Just thinkin' on the fly here.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home