Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:26

latebloomer
my new dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel sticky.

And thus it gives you sticky fingers too ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:36

treaclefingers
latebloomer
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
latebloomer
kleermaker
latebloomer
kleermaker
treaclefingers
slew
Why do the Stones ignore their best music and play the same songs over and over?? That is my complaint about the band. My other complaint is people should stop bitching about Keith. keith can still play I saw them three timeslast year and he was fine!

ok, I've got a slew of complaints, but i'll winnow it down to just one.

people who complain about complainers on a complaint thread.

not classy!

All whiners in the world unite!

Can we whine about non-Stones related stuff? If so, I'd like to officially whine about the weather...and my new dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel sticky.

Off topics are not allowed. Sorry.
Sticky Hair seems a nice title for the next album, btw, considered Jagger's hairpiece grinning smiley

Got it, Klerrie. Sticky Hair would work well for a title, considering all the hair spray that must fly around Mick, Keith, and Ronnie.grinning smiley

I must complain about this idea. Instead, let's call the next album "Treacle Hair".

What's wrong with "Dandy Hair"??

Hey, I started this! It has to be Bloomer hair.

First of all, I'd prefer 'Lion Hair' to Dandy Hair (which would be seen widely as an homage to B2cool smiley.

Secondly, as far as 'Bloomer Hair' is concerned, why don't we shorten that a bit to 'Blo Hair', an homage to feathered '70s style' hair.

Just thinkin' on the fly here.

Myself, I prefer "golden hair".

Re: Shortened concerts 2014
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:40

DandelionPowderman
bonddm
Let me get this straight,We are forced to pay close to $600 for the best tix in Australia,only to (presumably)have up to 30 mins shaved off the concerts compared to last years US dates.There's no way I would have shelled out what I did for tix's if I'd known this in advance.Also,what's with the tracks in the fan vote generally being regularly played ones anyway?!It appears the best case scenario for diehard fans is one rarely played track per gig,if any.

Did they play 2:30 hrs long shows in the US?[/quotThats 2 hours too long anyway.
Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:49

DandelionPowderman
Thanks, Grison. I knew some of the shows were longer, but 2:40 really was something extra, rather than the norm, no?

Philly 2: [www.iorr.org]

Show start : 8:55pm
Show finish : 11:30pm

I do make exact notes of start and finish time of every show, then round to the closest 5 minutes in my reports (while my notes are exact). Sure this was a long show. Close to 2:40 indeed, and with 22 songs, and a great list of songs as well!

Bjornulf

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 10, 2014 21:00

Well, the Macau show reveals they are back to not taking many "chances" . Too bad

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 10, 2014 22:35

What about Shanghai - not sold out, any problems there?
Strange, lots of business people with lots of Money.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 11, 2014 00:37

I was so close to seeing that Philly 2 show, but ya know what? Philly 1 wasn't too shabby, especially
from the pit with an 85 lottery ticket. cool smiley

(I think "late hair" for latebloomer could work to satisfy people on both sides of the debate: hair that is still there late in life, vs. hair that came later on, on top of the original hair. Sorry, bv.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2014 01:19

mtaylor
What about Shanghai - not sold out, any problems there?
Strange, lots of business people with lots of Money.

True, but the Stones really aren't well known at all in China - as far as the locals are concerned.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2014 01:54

angee
I was so close to seeing that Philly 2 show, but ya know what? Philly 1 wasn't too shabby, especially

(I think "late hair" for latebloomer could work to satisfy people on both sides of the debate: hair that is still there late in life, vs. hair that came later on, on top of the original hair. Sorry, bv.)

wouldn't that just be grey hair, or no hair in that case?

Date: March 11, 2014 02:05

You mean hairs that grow hairs?....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:11

treaclefingers
angee

Hair today, gone tomorrow...I do like late hair, angee and if I could come up with a hair growth elixir, I'm sure I'd have enough money to take everyone on IORR on the Stones tour.
There, I've tied it into the Stones, so we're back on track. Now we can complain about Keith and Mick's hair. smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 02:31

The clip I posted also has a Stones tie-in. At the beginning of that American Werewolf in London clip when the transformation starts to take hold, there is a Sam Cooke song playing in the background. By coincidence, just before pasting the clip into my post, I had the U.S. version of Out Of Our Heads on and Good Times was playing, which is a Sam Cooke cover.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:13

stonehearted
The clip I posted also has a Stones tie-in. At the beginning of that American Werewolf in London clip when the transformation starts to take hold, there is a Sam Cooke song playing in the background. By coincidence, just before pasting the clip into my post, I had the U.S. version of Out Of Our Heads on and Good Times was playing, which is a Sam Cooke cover.

That is freakin' uncanny.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: March 11, 2014 05:09

michaelsavage
Well, the Macau show reveals they are back to not taking many "chances" . Too bad
Did this show even go for 2 Hours?There were a lot of short songs in the first part of the set.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 11, 2014 05:21

The set in Macau was almost exactly as long as the first show ever in China (HK 2003). I'm not surprised by that. But I'm indeed surprised that they did some (by Stones standards) diverse and long sets in 2012-2013 and got back to the Licks-proven greatest hits plus ONE (I can't stop pointing it out!!!) spot for a "rarity". Guess the fan vote for Shanghai will be Street Fighting Man, another worst case scenario for me sad smiley. I don't know. If I was the Stones, I would never have gone that way. No stadiums, no VIP lounges, no sponsors. Now they charge 500++ in what currency ever just to do a kind of musical about the early greatest hits albums of the Stones with themselves taking the lead roles. That's okay. But don't expect me to come. 400-500 songs in the book and they play the same 16 every single night. Don't they feel ashamed as artists?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:34

A serious complaint.

What has happened to "Street Fighting Man"? A terrible inflation its classical status? Since the deal is that they need to play every classical tune of theirs, why not this one? It used to be their grand finale song from its introduction in 1969 tour and all the way through the seventies, and still rather regularly played during the modern era (1989-), FORTY LICKS was opened with it. like many gigs in LICKS TOUR. Especially during the seventies, it was still one of those big songs they played, when they wanted make people crazy with some classical tune, at the time when the deal was not play only 'greatest hits'.

This is not to say that I want one more 'war horse' there, but since the deal is 'greatest hits only', why ignore that one? Not any longer big enough? or does Jagger not feel any longer content with its lyrics?

Besides, teh version they did in Hyde Park was a strong one, a gig higlight. Someone mentioned in Sanghai vote song thread that what about adding Taylor there - gosh - that could be a total guitar storm, when all those three guitars attack with full energy, as the song offers an template for... Well, what can a poor boy do except dream on a varying setlist with more Taylor in there, but in a sleepy Rolling Stones set list there's no place for Street Fighting Man...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 09:39 by Doxa.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:41

What's happened to CYHMK,too!I reckon they should swap Tumbling Dice with Street Fighting Man,or at the very least rotate them.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:41

Yup. I gotta confess that one baffles me. (SFM, I mean.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 09:42 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:55

SFM is on the fan vote for Shanghai so maybe ...

You could even go and vote, if you believe it does any good.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2014 10:11

Green Lady

[www.rollingstones.com]

Most likely it will win, even though they will play it anyhow (even BV is cynical about this 'fan vote' thing...)

But putting the song there with less immortal songs for us to vote, shows that its ranking has gone down...

- Doxa

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:55

Ronnie plays in the Stones as done of course since mid 75 , but out of the 19 odd songs on the current set list, only he can claim too at most 6 songs in which he laid down on albums with the Stones, More Ronnie era tracks please , just my complaint ,
see ya in Melbourne.
would love to hear "Rough Justice" for starters.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 11, 2014 15:49

bonddm
michaelsavage
Did this show even go for 2 Hours?There were a lot of short songs in the first part of the set.

NO!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 11, 2014 15:54

latebloomer
treaclefingers
angee

Hair today, gone tomorrow...I do like late hair, angee and if I could come up with a hair growth elixir, I'm sure I'd have enough money to take everyone on IORR on the Stones tour.
There, I've tied it into the Stones, so we're back on track. Now we can complain about Keith and Mick's hair. smiling smiley

What about Pubic hair.
Jeroen

Date: March 11, 2014 15:58

michaelsavage
bonddm
michaelsavage

NO!

Show start : 8:38pm
Show end : 10:40pm

Date: March 11, 2014 16:00

snibbs1234
Ronnie plays in the Stones as done of course since mid 75 , but out of the 19 odd songs on the current set list, only he can claim too at most 6 songs in which he laid down on albums with the Stones, More Ronnie era tracks please , just my complaint ,
see ya in Melbourne.

7 songs with Ronnie.

Only 3 songs that Taylor recorded with the Stones - one of them on bass only...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 11, 2014 16:12

Doxa
Green Lady

[www.rollingstones.com]

Most likely it will win, even though they will play it anyhow (even BV is cynical about this 'fan vote' thing...)

But putting the song there with less immortal songs for us to vote, shows that its ranking has gone down...

- Doxa

Exactly.
And I also agree with you it was a highlight of hyde park.
Astonishing..

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: March 11, 2014 16:12

Doxa
A serious complaint.

What has happened to "Street Fighting Man"? A terrible inflation its classical status? Since the deal is that they need to play every classical tune of theirs, why not this one? It used to be their grand finale song from its introduction in 1969 tour and all the way through the seventies, and still rather regularly played during the modern era (1989-), FORTY LICKS was opened with it. like many gigs in LICKS TOUR. Especially during the seventies, it was still one of those big songs they played, when they wanted make people crazy with some classical tune, at the time when the deal was not play only 'greatest hits'.

This is not to say that I want one more 'war horse' there, but since the deal is 'greatest hits only', why ignore that one? Not any longer big enough? or does Jagger not feel any longer content with its lyrics?

Besides, teh version they did in Hyde Park was a strong one, a gig higlight. Someone mentioned in Sanghai vote song thread that what about adding Taylor there - gosh - that could be a total guitar storm, when all those three guitars attack with full energy, as the song offers an template for... Well, what can a poor boy do except dream on a varying setlist with more Taylor in there, but in a sleepy Rolling Stones set list there's no place for Street Fighting Man...

- Doxa

It is odd, only been played three times off the top of my head. I actually prefer it on this tour to the Steel Wheels/Voodoo versions, a bit harder and less poilished perhaps, not always such a bad thing. It was great in Hyde Park and the first go in Toronto is excellent, pretty much my favourite performance of the tour.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 11, 2014 19:41

Hanns Rainsch
The set in Macau was almost exactly as long as the first show ever in China (HK 2003). I'm not surprised by that. But I'm indeed surprised that they did some (by Stones standards) diverse and long sets in 2012-2013 and got back to the Licks-proven greatest hits plus ONE (I can't stop pointing it out!!!) spot for a "rarity". Guess the fan vote for Shanghai will be Street Fighting Man, another worst case scenario for me sad smiley. I don't know. If I was the Stones, I would never have gone that way. No stadiums, no VIP lounges, no sponsors. Now they charge 500++ in what currency ever just to do a kind of musical about the early greatest hits albums of the Stones with themselves taking the lead roles. That's okay. But don't expect me to come. 400-500 songs in the book and they play the same 16 every single night. Don't they feel ashamed as artists?

In autumn 2012 Mick Jagger said he'd wanted to call the tour the "F..uck off tour", he was told he wasn't allowed to do that, so maybe, these setlists are a euphemism for that - no matter how well they are played.........just taking the piss.

Or he just can't be bothered to think anymore........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 19:47 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 11, 2014 20:06

snibbs1234
see ya in Melbourne.

well, they're not all odd, only a few of them.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: March 11, 2014 20:50

DandelionPowderman
snibbs1234
see ya in Melbourne.

7 songs with Ronnie.

Only 3 songs that Taylor recorded with the Stones - one of them on bass only...

I agree with you, more Taylor era tracks are needed.............

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home