Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 77
Re: 14 On Fire - Setlist
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:51

Hanns Rainsch

I am not a naysayer, but

But you are.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:54

Yeah well but what are you, calling everyone who dares to complain a naysayer? A claquer, I guess.

Date: March 6, 2014 15:58

Okay. The deal is obviously "We are the Stones. We are great live band and have some fabulous songs. Just give us 500 bucks, listen to Hot Rocks or 40 Licks and we promise you will know every single song we play on stage." I don't get it. They obviously are rich and famous enough. Of course they gave up any artist relevance 30 years ago, but for me, who loves the Stones for the album cuts, it is a huge rip off.

Date: March 6, 2014 15:59

Again and again the same shit. Boooooring!

Date: March 6, 2014 16:03

Yeah...I'm just waiting to get deleted or blocked. Because my opinion does not fit the official Rolling Stones merchandise...I still enjoy the Stones, for Christs sake, but I won't stop to critize just because you don't want to hear it

Date: March 6, 2014 16:05

And by the way...I am bored by the 4000th rendition of Start Me Up when I could hear She Was Hot instead. A song that is better IMHO but was played 10 times or so since it was released

Date: March 6, 2014 16:08

Let's see what they do after the first few shows...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:16

Actually, the set list so far is pretty boring. We've spoken about it here before and it is Vegas really. Just the hits. They should take a leaf out of Sprinsgteen's book and take a few risks. One different song from gig to gig is a poor show. They can do better.

Date: March 6, 2014 16:19

Songs played on 14 On Fire Tour (after just only 4 gigs !!!)

Get Off Of My Cloud
It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
Tumbling Dice
Wild Horses
Emotional Rescue
Doom And Gloom
Bitch
Honky Tonk Women
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
You Got Me Rocking
Angie
Silver Train
Happy
Ruby Tuesday
Respectable

NOT SO BAD AT ALL!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:22 by 1962.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:19

Totally agree with you. They could do so much better. What is this? Are they to lazy, or simply too old to care anymore? Down to 19 songs now and the ones they leave out are the interesting ones.
I really don't need to hear Satisfaction, Only rock 'n roll or Miss you at every tour, when there are so many songs to choose from. No one would mind if they played, say, The Last time, Star star or Dance instead.
The very reason some of my friends stopped going to Stones concerts is because they do not want to pay big bucks for the same ten or twelve songs they heard at the last 7 tours.

Pete.

Date: March 6, 2014 16:20

Yeah in Dubai they even had the guts to let the fans vote about songs they are were going to play anyway

Date: March 6, 2014 16:21

Would it be better with 22 songs in 2 hours?

Taking out three of their biggest hits ever of their setlist simply won't happen.

Date: March 6, 2014 16:24

I remember being in Hannover in 2006 and when they started YGMR on the B-stage, I thought "seriously?". Great show anyway. But boring for anyone who owns more than 40 Licks confused smiley

Date: March 6, 2014 16:25

And of course it would be better with 22 instead of 19 songs. Because they could add Rocks Off, Out Of Time and I'm Going Down for example

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:34

I hear you man but you can't argue with these people. One word that isn't praise is deemed whining.

Date: March 6, 2014 16:35

They can do that with 19 songs as well smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:39

Go on, Hanns, just let it all out! grinning smiley This is a place to voice opinions, and no need to worry about being called 'naysayer' or whatever. There are enough of homemade moderators here to dictate the nature of discussion here, but don't let them win. As my favourite philosopher says, take care of freedom and truth will follow.thumbs up

The fact is that the recent tour offers the most war-horse-oriented safe and sure set list ever, but personally I don't have problem with it. Those are damn great songs, and people all around the world have a chance once again hear them played by the greatest rock and roll band of all times. I think that alone is the deal now. Each show is like a huge celebration of the past, and the band doesn't even pretend to be anything else than a nostalgia act. They really want to present the best they can offer every night, and I think they do a great job in that. I mean, the section starting with "Midnight Rambler and ending up with "Satisfaction" - that alone is helluva musical statement. For casual listeners, or whoever catches them first time (I guess there still are people like that) that must be a heaven on earth.

- Doxa

Date: March 6, 2014 16:47

I agree with you Doxa. The songs are great and I'm totally okay with the MR to Satisfaction part of the show. But at least the first half should contain some surprises to attract e.g. - me smiling smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:48

It ain`t cool to watch the pic of the sheet of paper with the setlist anymore.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:50

As someone who is going into the pit for the first time (I have always been the cheap guy at the back!) at Macau i'm kind of excited to see the band play the setlist they are doing at the moment! Is that blasphemy to say that on this board?

25/11/12 was a perfect set IMHO

Posted by: varilla ()

Cristal clear Doxa. This is a tour not done for us, the hardcores. It is for casual listeners, attracted by the Stones legend, history, etc , etc.
For people who never ever attended a Stones concert or even just attended a couple of shows, and never listen Stones music other than ocassionally, this concerts must be unbelievable.

I consider Stripped as the last thing the Stones made specially for us, their so loyal fans

Date: March 6, 2014 17:00

<This is a tour not done for us, the hardcores. It is for casual listeners>

Surely for both? They wouldn't play ST for the casual listener...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 6, 2014 17:02

varilla
Cristal clear Doxa. This is a tour not done for us, the hardcores. It is for casual listeners, attracted by the Stones legend, history, etc , etc.
For people who never ever attended a Stones concert or even just attended a couple of shows, and never listen Stones music other than ocassionally, this concerts must be unbelievable.

I consider Stripped as the last thing the Stones made specially for us, their so loyal fans

I think the theaters on Licks were for the hardcore fans.

Date: March 6, 2014 17:03

fahthree
varilla

+ the arena shows on the NS-tour.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:05

Hanns Rainsch
I agree with you Doxa. The songs are great and I'm totally okay with the MR to Satisfaction part of the show. But at least the first half should contain some surprises to attract e.g. - me smiling smiley

You're right all the way Hans. Like I said, look at Sprinsgteen - you just don't know what set you're going to get. Why do the Stones have to play it safe? Now that Taylor is back in the fold they could stretch out a little more - play some of the fabulous songs he originally played on.

Is it laziness? Who knows, but they could do far better. Even McCartney adds a substantial number of new songs to each world tour.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:05

noughties
It ain`t cool to watch the pic of the sheet of paper with the setlist anymore.

From now on the paper will have only "great songs" written on it.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:08

petewasbristol
As someone who is going into the pit for the first time (I have always been the cheap guy at the back!) at Macau i'm kind of excited to see the band play the setlist they are doing at the moment! Is that blasphemy to say that on this board?

Abosolutely not blasphemy in my opinion. If I had the means, I would be in the pit with you and be loving every minute of it as I'm sure you will when you get that chance. I've loved my experiences in the cheap seats (the only place I've ever seen the Stones from) and can only imagine what it would be like to actually be down front. I'll look forward to hearing your after-show thoughts next week!

Here's hoping that you have the time of your life in the pit regardless of what some of the armchair quartebacks here tell you about your experience! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 6, 2014 17:08

DandelionPowderman
fahthree
varilla

+ the arena shows on the NS-tour.

Great shows. The pacing was great -- hits were spread out over the show -- rarities -- no Miss You or Satisfaction.

The B-stage was still used for throwing a surprise at the audience; they evenutally killed the concept.

I love that tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:13 by fahthree.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:19

Hanns Rainsch

Like people have pointed out in different threads that they reduced their set to 19/20 songs hurted most that 'interesting section' (for us hardcores) of the show. There are a dozen or so 'war horses' they need to play each night (I calculated that there are now 16 regular, fixed songs in their set), so there is not much room for 'experiments'. God bless "Silver Train".

But I am rather certain that the reduction to 19/20 songs came from a necessity. They started more bravely in 50 AND COUNTING... but probably it was too challenging them physically. Still last summer Jagger talked about he liked festivals because the sets are shorter. Now that festival set seems to be a norm. There must've been some decision made to do that constantly. Besides, we don't know what happened in this first gig with those two encore sets. Why they needed the unexpected break? I don't heard any explanation yet.

The thing is that they are not any young lads any longer, even though they feel like supermen for us...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:21 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home