Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:25

I do hope this blue thing keith is wearing is discarded before he gets to Australia - it really does not flatter him!
I don't know why he dropped the elegant black and green look.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:43

I agree.

And since folks complain about ticket prices, greed, etc., I wish to complain that they have failed to give me an opportunity to throw more money at them. I refer, of course, to the lack of interesting, collectible, show-specific posters. (And that ugly $300 litho with the gorilla on it does not count.) There is a whole market waiting to be tapped here!

Date: March 12, 2014 20:50

I like the blue jacket more than the horrible green shirt smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:34

DandelionPowderman

I don't. It's ugly and makes him look sort of hunchbacked.

Oh well, knowing Keith, the more we complain the more he'll wear it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:58

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman

I sorta like it too, mainly because it's colorful, but you all are making me doubt myself. sad smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:20

Shanghai - replace a few war horses with a few others. And then no Taylor on ADTL! Why do they even bother to rehearse the hidden gems? Frustrating.

Date: March 12, 2014 23:34

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman

Ha ha, that's true!

Still, there is something about that jacket I like...

PS! Of course you'll prefer the GREEN shirt! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 23:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:58

Other than having a cold right now, I have nothing to complain about today.

It's really pissing me off!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 13, 2014 00:15

treaclefingers

I'm sure one will come to you treacle, just give it some time.

Meanwhile, here's my complaint...I can't find my Some Girls Live in Texas DVD. Slightly embarrassed to admit that I put it somewhere safe and now I can't remember where. I hate when that happens.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 13, 2014 00:33

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
DandelionPowderman

Ha ha, that's true!

Still, there is something about that jacket I like...

PS! Of course you'll prefer the GREEN shirt! grinning smiley

It looks like Keith's bodyguard stole it from some high school jock during the U.S. leg of the tour and Keith is just getting around to wearing it now. It's the sort of jacket you wear to a penny arcade, not to a rock n roll concert--particularly if you happen to be one of the guitarists onstage!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:02

latebloomer
treaclefingers

Meanwhile, here's my complaint...I can't find my Some Girls Live in Texas DVD. Slightly embarrassed to admit that I put it somewhere safe and now I can't remember where. I hate when that happens.

I don't think you lot are taking your complaining serious enough. Maybe you don't have it in you? Maybe you should let the pro's handle the whining here?

Date: March 13, 2014 01:13

An unbuttoned shirt under an unbuttoned jacket featuring a loose tied scarf accompanied by a bandana. All in different colors. There you have the Keith Richards fashion statement. Not bad though, all in all. If it suits you...

Date: March 13, 2014 01:29

Stoneage
latebloomer
treaclefingers

I don't think you lot are taking your complaining serious enough. Maybe you don't have it in you? Maybe you should let the pro's handle the whining here?

To latebloomer...I'm missing my 2nd bonus disc in the Star Wars Saga Blu Ray compilation. Thanks for reminding me!

To Stoneage...I wasn't aware this was a paying gig? Are there any positions still open?

Date: March 13, 2014 01:45

treaclefingers
Stoneage
latebloomer
treaclefingers

To latebloomer...I'm missing my 2nd bonus disc in the Star Wars Saga Blu Ray compilation. Thanks for reminding me!

To Stoneage...I wasn't aware this was a paying gig? Are there any positions still open?

There is an opening as a trainee whiner. You must assert yourself though to get that position. The whining business is getting pretty competitive these days...

Date: March 13, 2014 01:52

Stoneage
treaclefingers
Stoneage
latebloomer
treaclefingers

There is an opening as a trainee whiner. You must assert yourself though to get that position. The whining business is getting pretty competitive these days...

Ohhhh...I don't want to be assertive though! I'm sick of all the competition!

Date: March 13, 2014 02:41

Look, I want to get back to complaining about Keith's clothes - his bandanna looks terrible with the blue thing and Mick ronnie and charlie are looking really cool

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:42

Not sure about the trainee whiner program, but perhaps a position can be opened for worrier. With all the whining and complaining going on, I think a bit of worrying just might provide an ideal balance. Here's a list to get things started, just as a general guideline.

Date: March 13, 2014 02:51

EJM
Look, I want to get back to complaining about Keith's clothes - his bandanna looks terrible with the blue thing and Mick ronnie and charlie are looking really cool

I'd like to complain about your constant need to bash's Keith's attire.

Look, we all know it was ugly...do you need to bash us over the head with it?

Date: March 13, 2014 03:06

Just trying to get into the spirit of this thread which seems to require several repetitions of the same complaint if you are to be a true graduate whiner

As I've now had a counter complaint, I feel I've now finished my induction period, have got it off my chest and can go back to the more positive threads!

Shanghai looked as if it was really fab and I can't wait to see the videos ( sorry if it's off topic)

Date: March 13, 2014 05:57

EJM
Just trying to get into the spirit of this thread which seems to require several repetitions of the same complaint if you are to be a true graduate whiner

As I've now had a counter complaint, I feel I've now finished my induction period, have got it off my chest and can go back to the more positive threads!

Shanghai looked as if it was really fab and I can't wait to see the videos ( sorry if it's off topic)

Go take your good vibes elsewhere!

And yes, you've passed your induction now.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:19

"Street Fighting Man" and "All Down The Line" are not regulars, but they have been played before from time to time.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:08

155€ for Golden Circle tickets is reasonable for Rolling Stones standards. But Schueremans Herman always tries to keep ticket prices low. So, thank you HS

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:28

Is there a seating plan showing where the Golden Circle is? €155 doesn't sound too bad compared to the Hyde Park T1 and T2 tix but if it's half (or 1/3rd) of the field like say the Stade de France "Pelouse Or" it's not that great.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:41

gotdablouse
Is there a seating plan showing where the Golden Circle is? €155 doesn't sound too bad compared to the Hyde Park T1 and T2 tix but if it's half (or 1/3rd) of the field like say the Stade de France "Pelouse Or" it's not that great.

I'm confident (not 100% sure) that it will be right in front of the stage...

Date: March 13, 2014 21:23

Harm
gotdablouse

I'm confident (not 100% sure) that it will be right in front of the stage...

OK, so what's your complaint? There's no Harm to staying on topic!

Date: March 13, 2014 22:18

It appears we are being policed for not complaining enough - I adore this board ( whoops, sorry, it's all awful and dreadful)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:34

Since I can't any longer figure out what is appropriate to say in other threads concerning these recent performances, I use the safe option and use this thread. The last place for a free talk and offering varying opinions?grinning smiley

I praised "Street Fighting Man" in Shanghai's thread, expecially Mick and Keith's contribution, now a few critical word. Man, I hear there a hole! I hear there something I don't especially like, and that is Chuck Leavell's piano doing those anti-climax-like, harmless but not-exciting runs in the final part of the song, during the part in which the whole song suppose to turns into a thunder storm. Remove that mickey mouse crap out and add Taylor there to do his thing and play his heart out! He knows how to this carry this gem into climax. THere is a clear job for him to do. Move this classic into guitar fiesta - three guitars on fire - and no hostages. The song offers a perfect template for that.

The same I would say of "Dead Flowers". It is okay now, especially Jagger sings it beautifully with his matured voice, but what I miss there is a guy making a regular c&w reading of the song something more cross-stylistic. More unique with some extra Stones-punch. A counter force. They are not trying to take part in some Nashville C&W competions for authentic hillbilly bands, right (and no matter how much they would try, they wouldn't do very well, thankfully...)?>grinning smiley<

Okay, a fan boy wish talk I know I know - most likely neither of the songs is going to be played again during this tour, so all of this is very pointless 'whining' with no any realistic ground.

But let this opinion still to be heard!winking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 11:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:54

gotdablouse

If there will be plan - than NO seating.

I think "golden circle" will be FOS standing like 2006/07 in europe.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 14, 2014 19:08

Doxa
Since I can't any longer figure out what is appropriate to say in other threads concerning these recent performances, I use the safe option and use this thread. The last place for a free talk and offering varying opinions?grinning smiley

I praised "Street Fighting Man" in Shanghai's thread, expecially Mick and Keith's contribution, now a few critical word. Man, I hear there a hole! I hear there something I don't especially like, and that is Chuck Leavell's piano doing those anti-climax-like, harmless but not-exciting runs in the final part of the song, during the part in which the whole song suppose to turns into a thunder storm. Remove that mickey mouse crap out and add Taylor there to do his thing and play his heart out! He knows how to this carry this gem into climax. THere is a clear job for him to do. Move this classic into guitar fiesta - three guitars on fire - and no hostages. The song offers a perfect template for that.

The same I would say of "Dead Flowers". It is okay now, especially Jagger sings it beautifully with his matured voice, but what I miss there is a guy making a regular c&w reading of the song something more cross-stylistic. More unique with some extra Stones-punch. A counter force. They are not trying to take part in some Nashville C&W competions for authentic hillbilly bands, right (and no matter how much they would try, they wouldn't do very well, thankfully...)?>grinning smiley<

Okay, a fan boy wish talk I know I know - most likely neither of the songs is going to be played again during this tour, so all of this is very pointless 'whining' with no any realistic ground.

But let this opinion still to be heard!winking smiley

- Doxa

AGREED!!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 19:16

I am on the bus going home and it is hot and sitting next to a bunch of boring farts having the most incongruous conversation I have never heard. Anyway here is my complaint. Why don' t they play Sweet Virginia anymore? Oh my God, I have turned into my mother! Sorry about the lack of proper punctuation but writing on my crap smartphonehot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home