Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 77
Re: Tixs Pricing 2013-2014 — revised, or,....?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2013 01:14

gotdablouse
bv
They do know for a fact that mainland Europe will not pay anywhere near the US and UK prices. Anything priced more than 100-200 Euro will stay unsold, except for a few VIP's that is. Just see the price levels of the previous tours and add the "vintage factor"...

In arenas ? Doesn't look like the price was too big of an issue for the O2 shows...

It shouldn't be a problem for them to charge around €250 for "Golden Circle" (that's a pretty big area these days) tickets, Leonard Cohen did that at Bercy (or almost, €177.50 I think) and it was packed.

It was the only two shows in a continent of 500 million people. And their first shows in five years.

There was never going to be a problem selling that out. Especially as the promoters did absolutely nothing to prevent scalping.

Likewise they had no problem selling the Dec 2012 shows in the US.

Different story this spring and it'll be something similar if theyre playing 18-20 shows in Europe unless the promoters learn from their mistakes and dig their heels in a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 01:14 by Gazza.

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 1, 2013 16:59

True, but look at the average price in the US as reported by Bilboard, it's still crazy, around $350. I guess I was reacting more to the "Anything priced more than 100-200 Euro will stay unsold" - based on the prices of The Who, Leonard Cohen, McCartney, etc...in Paris. Good tickets above €200 for The Stones shouldn't be a problem...but will it work to maintain the guarantee level they are accustomed to? It seems a bit difficult...

Enough complaining
Posted by: mkk1 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:41

Hi all

I am quite tired of all the topics over the years about predictable setlists etc.
No band has ever made such great music, and with all those warhorses made, they off course have to play many of those at the shows. Further, I would be disapointed if JJF og HTW was not played for example. And it was songs like JJF, BS, HTW, Satisfaction etc, that made me a fan at first and wanted to explore their catalog more and more, which I guess is the same reason for many fans outhere.

I would for example bet a few bucks that The Stones have played many more different songs on the 50 and counting tour, than other great bands on tour this moment, without having checked of course - except Springsteen by the way:-)

We are so lucky that The Stones are opening for us to get access to some more og less unknown material, bootlegs, videos, the stones app and much more. No one says that we all love the same stuff, but the oppertunity to get the stuff is great and remarkable - if you don't want it, just dont buy it - but stop complaining please.

Just some thoughts, it was quite nict to get it out :-)

I hope you are all enjoying the summer

Re: Enough complaining
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:49

Enjoy the summer MKK1, but I am tired of threads like "Stop whining, the Stones are the best" or "The Rolling Stones deserve an apology". On a forum anybody can express an opinion, of course everyboy has to show some manners.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:56

Anyone who says that the Stones are the best has got a point, though smiling smiley !

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:04

Hi mkk1, I must agree with windmelody, imho, too, we've had by far too many of these "stop whining" threads. There's nothing new in such a thread, these statements are OK, but have been made a thousand times and over again, so that it starts to get a wee bit boring.

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:12

People always gonna moan .. it's only coz they love the Stones so much though.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:25

freedom of speech .

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:27

i'm tired of people who complain about the people who complain about the people who complain.

Posted by: NicolasH ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:29

dannyhowells
People always gonna moan .. it's only coz they love the Stones so much though.

So true.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:29

TheGreek
freedom of speech .

And freedom of choice.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:36

Silver Dagger
TheGreek
freedom of speech .

And freedom of choice.

exactly , we do have choice's.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:55

For some reason this thread reminds me of that "leave Britney alone" video on youtube. It's hysterical and worth searching if you haven't seen it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:59

mkk1

if you don't want it, just dont buy it - but stop complaining please.

Just some thoughts, it was quite nict to get it out :-)

I hope you are all enjoying the summer

if you don't want it, just don't read it - but stop complaining please...

you might heed your own sage advice...I also I hope you are enjoying the summer

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 16:10

windmelody
Enjoy the summer MKK1, but I am tired of threads like "Stop whining, the Stones are the best" or "The Rolling Stones deserve an apology". On a forum anybody can express an opinion, of course everyboy has to show some manners.

I agree with Windmelody too. for me the Stones are the best, but sometimes I would expect a couple of never played songs or a couple of rare songs among all the warhorses . I mean, if for example you skip miss you and it's only r'n'r' and you play winter and plunder my soul and you keep all the rest like it is, i don't thinkit is a tragedy.
only springsteen changes setlist? try to check black crowes, gov't mule, dave matthews. allman brothers, widespread panic, phish, north mississippi allstars, dylan ('til few months ago), the tour of tom petty this year in the u.s. and many others..

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 24, 2013 16:38

Love the Stones does not prevent criticize them (gently) and keep ears open... (Start me up intro, SFDT solo, Chuck playing...) And I have nothing to say about the setlists...

smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-24 16:40 by Powerage.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:14

Alltogther too much attention paid to these long haired so called "beat groups" if you ask me.

Can't see waht all the fuss is about !

When I was a lad ..................

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:29

Powerage
Love the Stones

I'll drink to that smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 24, 2013 17:31

Rolling Hansie
Powerage
Love the Stones

I'll drink to that smileys with beer Cheers

you've been pouring a lot of drinks this morning Hansie....mind you it's probably a bit later in the day where you are.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:34

Spud
Alltogther too much attention paid to these long haired so called "beat groups" if you ask me.

Here's the deal -Opinion only... Kids today listen to different music. Once they or anyone attends a Stones concert for the first time, it changes their perspective of music.

Please keep in mind, long hair or not; real or fake- The Stones will always rule!! When I saw Emotional Rescue in Boston (2) it took my respect for the Stones to a new level. I'm in awe how Mick & company have taken this journey to a new level. This is the best tour ever!

Date: July 24, 2013 17:35

Chris Fountain
Spud

Here's the deal -Opinion only... Kids today listen to different music. Once they or anyone attends a Stones concert for the first time, it changes their perspective of music.

Please keep in mind, long hair or not; real or fake- The Stones will always rule!! When I saw Emotional Rescue in Boston (2) it took my respect for the Stones to a new level. I'm in awe how Mick & company have taken this journey to a new level. This is the best tour ever!

Best use of the term, Best Tour Ever, ever!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:57

andrea66
windmelody

I agree with Windmelody too. for me the Stones are the best, but sometimes I would expect a couple of never played songs or a couple of rare songs among all the warhorses . I mean, if for example you skip miss you and it's only r'n'r' and you play winter and plunder my soul and you keep all the rest like it is, i don't thinkit is a tragedy.
only springsteen changes setlist? try to check black crowes, gov't mule, dave matthews. allman brothers, widespread panic, phish, north mississippi allstars, dylan ('til few months ago), the tour of tom petty this year in the u.s. and many others..

Agreed. At this point with the tour over enough is enough. Give it a break until they do it again haha

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 24, 2013 20:27

It's a forum, people can moan if they want...that's what forums are for..
Moaning creates debate...as you have just done. If we all agreed then this would be the dullest forum to ever grace the internet. I hope that long after im dead, there will still be people moaning about set lists, Keith, Ronnie, Taylor etc. Us Brits especially love a moan..must be great you've in LA where everything and everybody is great (im sure it isn't). Give moan a chance.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 24, 2013 21:11

Just another cheerleader complaining (ironically) about people he doesn't agree with.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 24, 2013 21:35

I'm having major Deja Vu here...

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: July 24, 2013 23:02

jamesfdouglas
I'm having major Deja Vu here...

is it all over again though?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2013 01:46

LOL, Bjornulf moved it to the correct thread

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 25, 2013 03:56

Rolling Hansie
LOL, Bjornulf moved it to the correct thread

priceless!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 25, 2013 15:25

I'm not a hysterical fan. Heaven preserve me !

14 On Fire - Setlist
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:48

Since I've been ignored in any other thread in which I complained, I decided to start a new one about this topic.
I am not a naysayer, but everybody here has to admit that till now the 2014 tour is a huge letdown, setlist wise.
I really love the Stones but I don't want to spend hundreds of Euros for a show I could have attended twenty years ago. The newest setlist only leave space for one single album cut. That must be a joke or something. In three shows in Japan (and most likely the last shows ever), they only did three songs they've never done before in that country (Emotional Rescue, Doom n Gloom, Silver Train). And please don't argue that you love the Stones and don't care what they are playing. They are billionaires and they obviously don't give a shit about their artistic legacy in the last active days of their career. Maybe that's okay for them, but not for me, who owns every single album. I was utterly surprises about the 23 song set on 25/11/12 because I expected some Greatest Hits mashup like now in Tokyo. Maybe that's the reason why I'm pissed. Just a few months ago at least the first half of the show was interesting...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home