Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2012 22:27

lox
Sorry Paul,
Where did you see the GA tickets for the 29th?
Thanks a lot!
Lox

P.S. Thanks for the Thread as well!

Here .........

[www.gumtree.com]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2012 22:30

Isn't that on Gumtree? That offer looked a bit fishy to me...

Grison
Anyway just would like to mention that Standing Pit tickets are getting less on Seatwave so theyy must have sold at least 30 out of the 60 since last thursday at a price of £1000 ca.

Sorry, you've lost me, are you saying 30 pit tix were sold on Seatwave at £1000 ?

Date: November 4, 2012 22:42

gotdablouse

Grison
Anyway just would like to mention that Standing Pit tickets are getting less on Seatwave so theyy must have sold at least 30 out of the 60 since last thursday at a price of £1000 ca.

Sorry, you've lost me, are you saying 30 pit tix were sold on Seatwave at £1000 ?

Yes, I think that is what Grison is saying, I'm really not sure I agree with that. There seems to be precisely the same number of tickets for sale day after day after day, and little by little the prices are moving downwards, so I really don't know where he/she gets that view from ?

Date: November 4, 2012 23:34

gotdablouse

Grison

Yep, looks fishy to me too. O well .... !

Date: November 5, 2012 00:58

Hard to make sense of all these offers really, so I took a look at Seatwave (looks like Viagogo, no ?) and for kicks I clicked on "sell a ticket" and after a few steps I landed on a page showing recent sales :

Level 4 Seating - Bloc 404 Today 2 €460,62
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 405 Today 2 €399,44
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 102 Today 2 €898,78
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 107 Today 2 €524,27
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 108 Yesterday 2 €555,49
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 409 Yesterday 2 €398,21
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 417 Yesterday 2 €396,90
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 Yesterday 2 €597,94
Floor Seating - Bloc B2 02/11/2012 4 €1217,09
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 416 02/11/2012 1 €455,63
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 02/11/2012 2 €655,36
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 01/11/2012 2 €592,94
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 408 01/11/2012 2 €419,42
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 112 01/11/2012 2 €1804,64
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 408 01/11/2012 2 €399,44
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 110 01/11/2012 2 €560,49
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 406 01/11/2012 2 €424,42
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 110 01/11/2012 4 €693,49
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 01/11/2012 1 €468,11
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 418 01/11/2012 4 €422,32

No recent standing sale it seems and I assume this is the price per ticket, the guy who sold 4 B2 tickets made a tidy profit, well (need to deduct 10% and VAT on the 10%).

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: November 5, 2012 01:28

Re Gumtree ..... Not everyone selling is out to rip you off....

I have purchased tickets on Gumtree before and used bank transfer to pay , received via Special Delivery no problem , but I was not looking for a bargain happy to get the ticket at cost price from a genuine fan who could not go to a gig.
10 to 7 days before there are often people who just cant make it.

I`d never buy e-tickets from anyone as they can print out lots of the same item .

Use your noggin, if they are in your area and you can meet then you get a chance to inspect the ticket before parting with £££ then great.

They advertise ticket in hand when no one else has one obviously its a rip.

One thing I do know..........
No way in hell am I going to be paying anyone £160+ in fees for 1 ticket tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 5, 2012 06:12

maxx
Re Gumtree ..... Not everyone selling is out to rip you off....

I have purchased tickets on Gumtree before and used bank transfer to pay , received via Special Delivery no problem , but I was not looking for a bargain happy to get the ticket at cost price from a genuine fan who could not go to a gig.
10 to 7 days before there are often people who just cant make it.

I`d never buy e-tickets from anyone as they can print out lots of the same item .

Use your noggin, if they are in your area and you can meet then you get a chance to inspect the ticket before parting with £££ then great.

They advertise ticket in hand when no one else has one obviously its a rip.

One thing I do know..........
No way in hell am I going to be paying anyone £160+ in fees for 1 ticket tongue sticking out smiley

Yep, those "fees" just add insult to injury, so forget going down that route. And I agree, if some sellers are advertising "tickets in hand" at a time when none to date have been despatched by any of the primary agencies at all, it doesn't take a genius to work out that there's probably something "not right" ...

Also, how difficult is it to arrange to meet the seller and inspect the tickets first hand ? If the seller is genuine, and what they're selling is equally genuine, and they're reasonably local to where you live ... ? If they're reluctant to do that, that in itself ought to be enough of a warning to you ...

Date: November 5, 2012 07:47

gotdablouse
Hard to make sense of all these offers really, so I took a look at Seatwave (looks like Viagogo, no ?) and for kicks I clicked on "sell a ticket" and after a few steps I landed on a page showing recent sales :

Level 4 Seating - Bloc 404 Today 2 €460,62
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 405 Today 2 €399,44
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 102 Today 2 €898,78
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 107 Today 2 €524,27
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 108 Yesterday 2 €555,49
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 409 Yesterday 2 €398,21
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 417 Yesterday 2 €396,90
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 Yesterday 2 €597,94
Floor Seating - Bloc B2 02/11/2012 4 €1217,09
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 416 02/11/2012 1 €455,63
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 02/11/2012 2 €655,36
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 01/11/2012 2 €592,94
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 408 01/11/2012 2 €419,42
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 112 01/11/2012 2 €1804,64
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 408 01/11/2012 2 €399,44
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 110 01/11/2012 2 €560,49
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 406 01/11/2012 2 €424,42
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 110 01/11/2012 4 €693,49
Level 1 Seating - Bloc 106 01/11/2012 1 €468,11
Level 4 Seating - Bloc 418 01/11/2012 4 €422,32

No recent standing sale it seems and I assume this is the price per ticket, the guy who sold 4 B2 tickets made a tidy profit, well (need to deduct 10% and VAT on the 10%).

<<< No recent standing sale it seems >>>

Well, the same 53 tickets available for between £924 and £5000 have been on Seatwave for days now, so whatever else might be happenin' with other tickets ... these are definitely not selling. So we wait .......

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 5, 2012 09:12

paulywaul

Well, the same 53 tickets available for between £924 and £5000 have been on Seatwave for days now, so whatever else might be happenin' with other tickets ... these are definitely not selling. So we wait .......

I checked everyday last week and before until last thursday. For the 25th there had been more than 65 tickets available now it is 53. Prices are stable.
For the 29th it was long time over 45 now there are around 27 tickets and prices are stable around a 980 £ at least.
I did not check from Thursday evening to Sunday evening because I had was not online. Anyway for the seat aread prices gradually to drop slowly.
Also note that I check on SEATWAVE.CO.UK and not .com. I cannot imagine, but depending on the different updates there might be a difference which is also to Seatwave Germany.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 5, 2012 11:13

i only want one ticket so the ones for sale as a package for 2 are no good to me. I am going to just turn up and see if i can get one on the night either outside or from the box office.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 5, 2012 11:18

Just one word of caution - it's all supply and demand. As I mentioned previously, when I have sold tickets at the last moment, I have usually ended up getting a little below my cost, but there have been a few occasions when the price ended up being quite a bit higher, simply because it was a hot ticket. The example I gave was the MGM Grand show a few years back - I had to cancel at the last minute and threw the tickets on Ebay, and there was such a high demand for tickets, they sold for 2-1/2 times the face price.

I would think that if the Stones announce that these will be their final live performances, prices for floor and 1st tier tickets will go through the roof.

So, the key to playing this game is - be willing to stay home if the demand/supply situation moves against you.

Date: November 5, 2012 12:15

drbryant
I would think that if the Stones announce that these will be their final live performances, prices for floor and 1st tier tickets will go through the roof.
They'll never do that, Mick said it again recently in the RS article.

Having said that, yes it's hard to predict what the prices are going to be like. For the pit unless you get excessively lucky it's never going to be under face though.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 5, 2012 13:53

Something else i've been thinking about. If you keep an eye on unsold good seats right up until the day of the gig, note down the seat numbers and sit in em when you get there

Jobs a good one

Date: November 5, 2012 14:24

andy js
Something else i've been thinking about. If you keep an eye on unsold good seats right up until the day of the gig, note down the seat numbers and sit in em when you get there

Jobs a good one

Do that routinely, and yes ... it works a treat ! winking smiley cool smiley hot smiley

Date: November 5, 2012 15:05

pgarof
i only want one ticket so the ones for sale as a package for 2 are no good to me. I am going to just turn up and see if i can get one on the night either outside or from the box office.

Read back through this thread to where folk discuss getting a ticket on the night outside the O2. Not possible, it's private land all round the venue, they forbid touting and they enforce their will. If you turn up at the O2 without a ticket and think you're going to find dozens of people outside the venue selling them, which is generally the case at almost all other UK venues I can think of, you'll be badly disappointed. It'll be the box office or nothing ...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 5, 2012 15:26

What about just inside the nearby tube station though? I'm sure they could sell them there.

Either way its looking like there could be quite a few empty seats!

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 15:54

paulywaul
andy js

Jobs a good one

Do that routinely, and yes ... it works a treat ! winking smiley cool smiley hot smiley

Goddammit, don't tell everyone!
That's what I've done a number of times....
smiling smiley

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 15:57

Gazza
What about just inside the nearby tube station though? I'm sure they could sell them there.

...and another case of great minds thinking alike!

Date: November 5, 2012 16:33

Gazza

Fact is, you just don't see scalpers .... not even within the station building. Unbelievable I know, but it's true. Manofwealthandtaste pointed out earlier in this thread that some scalping is conducted in the area between the station and the O2 itself, it is very much of the stealthy variety. SO stealthy in fact, that neither I nor anyone I've ever gone to the O2 with have ever witnessed it ... so if does go on, it is done so very unobtrusively.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 5, 2012 16:37

Gazza

Hi Gazza I remember during the shows in 2007 that already at the tube station people investigated suspicious actions to stop people from buying tickets.
To my understanding Ticketmaster has not released any further tickets for the last days. I am pretty sure that all seats and pit are filled either way.
I can imagine that you will find tickets at the ticket window at 02. But I am not sure.

Date: November 5, 2012 16:39

lmatth8461
Gazza

...and another case of great minds thinking alike!

Bleedin' obvious innit ? winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 5, 2012 16:58

Still have a hard time believing there isn't any scalping going on. Maybe at the tube station before the stop at the O2, or somewhere on a nearby street? I still don't have a ticket myself and I'm going to gamble on getting one on show day. Unless ticketmaster starts releasing decent seats that's my strategy. Hope I don't don't get left out in the cold. Plus I live in Germany, so that adds more stress to the situation. Are there shops selling tickets maybe a couple days before the gigs? I'm trying for the Thursday show.

Date: November 5, 2012 17:22

Buy one at the last minute off Seatwave or Viagogo or Getmein, and if you explain there's no time to mail it to you because you're travelling or whatever, they will invariably either offer you a central London location from which to pick it up, or else arrange for it to be picked up by you at the box office at the O2 itself. Yours is hardly an unusual case, ANYONE that buys a ticket from any of these secondary sites either the day before the show or the day of the show itself will have to make such arrangements. Last minute is last minute, the fact that you're travelling from Germany doesn't distinguish you from someone that lives 1 kilometre from the O2, not if it's that late in the day that you choose to buy a ticket ....

Date: November 5, 2012 17:41

Gazza

Does it mean you're going to give it a try after all?

Date: November 5, 2012 18:24

frankotero
Still have a hard time believing there isn't any scalping going on. Maybe at the tube station before the stop at the O2, or somewhere on a nearby street? I still don't have a ticket myself and I'm going to gamble on getting one on show day. Unless ticketmaster starts releasing decent seats that's my strategy. Hope I don't don't get left out in the cold. Plus I live in Germany, so that adds more stress to the situation. Are there shops selling tickets maybe a couple days before the gigs? I'm trying for the Thursday show.

You could try Double8Tickets [www.double8tickets.com] and if they come up with a reasonably priced ticket they are based on the Charing Cross Road, not far from Trafalgar Square which is a very central location and easy to find to pick up the ticket. They do sell tickets for shows below face value rather than get stuck with them. Whether that happens for these gigs remains to be seen of course.....

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 5, 2012 19:50

Thanks for the info Maonofwealthandtaste. I'll keep that in mind. But for now the prices are far too high, as we all know.

Date: November 5, 2012 19:52

Grison
Gazza

Hi Gazza I remember during the shows in 2007 that already at the tube station people investigated suspicious actions to stop people from buying tickets.
To my understanding Ticketmaster has not released any further tickets for the last days. I am pretty sure that all seats and pit are filled either way.
I can imagine that you will find tickets at the ticket window at 02. But I am not sure.

LOADS on ebay, and if anything ... more are appearing on ebay as time goes on. Me thinks the scalpers have badly over-estimated demand at these prices, a lot of the items listed have attracted no interest whatsoever.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 5, 2012 21:36

gotdablouse
Gazza

Nope. Just looking to give some comfort to others! Won't be anywhere near the place!

Date: November 5, 2012 22:20

Gazza
gotdablouse
Gazza

Nope. Just looking to give some comfort to others! Won't be anywhere near the place!

Mind made up - huh ?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 5, 2012 22:50

Gazza
gotdablouse
Gazza

At least keep a close eye on your emails leading up to it...
and keep a bag packed... and be visibly running low on smokes.. and the keep car warmed up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-05 22:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home