Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 1, 2012 19:44

frankotero
This is bad. What if someone (legitimate) has an extra ticket they want to sell at face value. They can't? Also, I was kind of hoping to score a ticket this way. Hope there will be some at the box office I suppose.

Pauly is right. I had an extra ticket in 2007 and I couldn't sell it at face value around the O2, they were actively and visibly jumping on any activity that resembled reselling tickets. In the end, I ate the cost and still have the ticket. Any takers?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 1, 2012 19:51

Grison
I much agree with Paulywaul. on Ebay.co.uk there are no new auctions for the Stones tickets and only a small amount of offers holding any bids. It may take another week until the 400 upper tier seats will be available for less money, but still "Face Value" as indicate on the price levels of ticket master. There will be a hit and run on the tickets. I think the best chance to obtain fairly good tickets in all levels will start around the 8-10th November.

For people not living in the UK it might be difficult to get a cheap flight or hotel accommodation which might fit their budget needs. For that reason I was so flattered and bought high price tickets as I was able to book cheaper flights and hotels into London. So everybody has to find his way to work such things out.

Could be even later than 10th November. For the second O2 gig in 2007 I got block A1 row F three days before the gig. Had to collect from the box office.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:06

SomeTorontoGirl
frankotero
This is bad. What if someone (legitimate) has an extra ticket they want to sell at face value. They can't? Also, I was kind of hoping to score a ticket this way. Hope there will be some at the box office I suppose.

Pauly is right. I had an extra ticket in 2007 and I couldn't sell it at face value around the O2, they were actively and visibly jumping on any activity that resembled reselling tickets. In the end, I ate the cost and still have the ticket. Any takers?

<<< they were actively and visibly jumping on any activity that resembled reselling tickets >>>

Yep, that's what I was referring to in an earlier post, where I said I witnessed an O2 official kind of "intervene" in what appeared to be a ticket for money transaction going on between a couple of people. It was the first time I'd seen that, and I thought it really odd and heavy handed at the time; I've gotten used to it now though. It's just "the way it is" at the O2 .........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 2, 2012 11:16

Pit ticket prices creeping downwards ........... only another £500 or so to go until I'd consider buying one !!

Cheapest on viagogo this morning - £900

Cheapest on Seatwave this morning - £924

This still makes them over £1K once you add their fees though ....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 2, 2012 15:40

How much are the fees on these sites ? I suppose they take fees from both the buyer and the seller?

How's your hunt for a Tongue Pit ticket coming along?

Date: November 2, 2012 16:37

gotdablouse
How much are the fees on these sites ? I suppose they take fees from both the buyer and the seller?

How's your hunt for a Tongue Pit ticket coming along?

On Seatwave there is one ticket priced at £ 924, their "fee" is a further £166.32, so the total you would pay is £ 1090.32

On Viagogo there are two tickets priced at £ 1000 each, the "fees", shipping, VAT - all bring up the total to £ 2379.95

Yes, they do take fees from both buyer and seller. The whole secondary ticket site business stinks ....

Date: November 2, 2012 16:46

Thanks for the details, that is a ton of money indeed, you're better of going to eBay...

Date: November 2, 2012 17:00

gotdablouse
Thanks for the details, that is a ton of money indeed, you're better of going to eBay...

Yes, I am just waiting for prices to drop, and they will .... these tickets are simply not shifting for these kinds of sums. One or two might be being sold, but the majority are just sitting there day after day, so it really is simply a matter of waiting until a handful of days before the events ... and then you will inevitably see a bit more common sense prevail among those idiots that are selling them. Personally, I am prepared to go 5-10% above face value, which would make it about £ 450. That's it, that's my limit ... if I can't get a pit ticket for that, then screw the scalpers and unfortunately - screw the Rolling Stones too !!

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 4, 2012 05:11

I have never seen so many scalpers offering one (1) ticket in my 50 + years of watching.

There can't be a market for singles to sustain anything close to the face value. I think they are really going to get burned on the singles.

Date: November 4, 2012 08:54

GADAWG
I have never seen so many scalpers offering one (1) ticket in my 50 + years of watching.

There can't be a market for singles to sustain anything close to the face value. I think they are really going to get burned on the singles.

Is this for the U.K. or the U.S. shows, which ?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 4, 2012 12:38

I suspect that some of the singles may have been purchased as part of the packages, which required a purchase of two tickets, like the Brussels boz set$

Date: November 4, 2012 13:04

...and how is that going to work since the mark butler page was very clear about packages not being transfered/sold ?

Date: November 4, 2012 13:06

drbryant
I suspect that some of the singles may have been purchased as part of the packages, which required a purchase of two tickets, like the Brussels boz set$

Quite possibly, yes. Perhaps some people were so desperate to get into the tongue pit, that as you say .... they bought the two tickets plus the Brussels box set, and are now selling one ticket in the hope of recouping some of the money. The box set added a cool £500 to a pair of these tickets ... yowch !!

I have to say, keen as I was (and still am) on being in the pit on one of the two nights in London, I never even considered forking out £1302 for two tickets and a box set, £406 for a single ticket is quite enough for anyone to pay !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-04 13:08 by paulywaul.

Date: November 4, 2012 13:10

gotdablouse
...and how is that going to work since the mark butler page was very clear about packages not being transfered/sold ?

Mark Butler VIP packages and Brussels Box set packages are two entirely different things, one is a package that is merely two tickets with something else thrown in (the box set), the other is a VIP deal - THAT is the one that is non-transferable (supposedly) .......

Date: November 4, 2012 13:48

Oh right, I thought the poster was referring to standing tix that only got offered via MB as a pair (although people who called apparently were able to get just one) and the FB presale (as far as we can tell). I'm still kicking myself for not getting two of these pit tickets during the FB sale, could have helped out a few people here...on the other hand maybe my order wouldn't have gone through...will never know I guess.

Have you contacted the guy on eBay asking £2200 for a pair and who's taking offers? I wonder how much he'd settle for.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 4, 2012 13:55

There will also be a handful of tickets put up for sale by poor sods who purchased tickets but then had to cancel. This has happened to me many, many times, as I try to plan business trips to coincide with shows and meetings are often cancelled at the last minute. I generally end up selling the tickets on Ebay for a slight loss. There was just one time that I had to sell tickets I bought for the MGM Grand and they sold for nearly $1900 to some Gaming Technology company. They weren't that great either, but that show was a hot ticket - pretty rare.

Date: November 4, 2012 14:00

gotdablouse
Oh right, I thought the poster was referring to standing tix that only got offered via MB as a pair (although people who called apparently were able to get just one) and the FB presale (as far as we can tell). I'm still kicking myself for not getting two of these pit tickets during the FB sale, could have helped out a few people here...on the other hand maybe my order wouldn't have gone through...will never know I guess.

Have you contacted the guy on eBay asking £2200 for a pair and who's taking offers? I wonder how much he'd settle for.

No, I haven't as yet. I'll have a look now you mention it. The thing is, I've already got a pair of tickets in block 113 for the 25th, so technically ... I'm covered. It's just that I would ideally want to be with two of my friends, one of whom managed to get a pair of pit tickets in the Facebook presale. Consequently, I'm simply not prepared to go higher than say 10 percent above face value, so around £450. If he's asking £2200 for a pair, I do think it is rather unlikely he'd be interested in an offer of £450 for one, but I'll have a look to see if he's had any bids at all ? You never know. As the saying goes, "you don't ask ... you don't get" !!

Date: November 4, 2012 14:19

Oh good I thought you didn't have tickets yet. As for these pit tickets on eBay he's had offers but you can't see the price (yet? I read that once an auction was over you could see them but haven't verified that). I agree it's unlikely he'll settle for £450 at this point. He's being a bit greedy isn't he currently, he really shouldn't be offering the pair for more than £1000...

Date: November 4, 2012 16:03

gotdablouse
Oh good I thought you didn't have tickets yet. As for these pit tickets on eBay he's had offers but you can't see the price (yet? I read that once an auction was over you could see them but haven't verified that). I agree it's unlikely he'll settle for £450 at this point. He's being a bit greedy isn't he currently, he really shouldn't be offering the pair for more than £1000...

£1000 for the pair is what I personally would consider reasonable, yes I agree with you. It's a markup, of 25%. That's quite enough of a profit for him/her, and quite enough for anyone to pay to see the Rolling Stones .... £500 per ticket. For heavens sake !!! Yes, it will be interesting to see what they went for, IF in fact they succeed in selling. He/she might have put a reserve of some figure on them, and if the highest bid falls short of that, they'll still be there in a weeks time.

I mean really, if you're one of those people that absolutely HAS to scoff a three course dinner prepared for you by a Michelin star chef, washed down with liberal quantities of champagne - all before a 2 hour Stones concert ... then pay the bloody money and go with one of these Mark Butler packages. Personally, I just want the pit ticket, screw all this VIP nonsense. Don't need it, don't want it, ain't payin' for it !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-04 16:15 by paulywaul.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: November 4, 2012 16:40

Dont know if anyones mentioned Gumtree.

[www.gumtree.com]

No fees but also no cover from being ripped off.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 4, 2012 16:47

Don't use Gumtree. I got ripped off, and the Metroploitan Police fraud guy I reported it to said they get far more complaints about Gumtree than any other site. Stick to eBay - not perfect but at least you have to register your details before you are allowed to trade.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 4, 2012 17:17

johnnythunders
Don't use Gumtree. I got ripped off, and the Metroploitan Police fraud guy I reported it to said they get far more complaints about Gumtree than any other site. Stick to eBay - not perfect but at least you have to register your details before you are allowed to trade.

Totally agree. Gumtree has a terrible reputation when it comes to the reselling of tickets. There was a story a couple of years ago about a buyer who could not get into a gig with an e-ticket bought off Gumtree. Turns out the seller had printed off and sold the e-ticket to numerous other buyers. The first person to arrive got in and everyone else was shut out.

Date: November 4, 2012 17:25

thunderball
johnnythunders

Totally agree. Gumtree has a terrible reputation when it comes to the reselling of tickets. There was a story a couple of years ago about a buyer who could not get into a gig with an e-ticket bought off Gumtree. Turns out the seller had printed off and sold the e-ticket to numerous other buyers. The first person to arrive got in and everyone else was shut out.

Thanks for the information ... "buyer beware" I guess ?

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: November 4, 2012 17:48

In theory, the VIP packages will work as you say. I have a VIP package (2 tickets), and I will just receive a pass to get into the VIP area. Once there and against my identity proof, I will get the tickets.

...and yes, I have been following the Stones for 30 years, I am not a banker and not rich...Just want to see the Stones again and as I was unable to get reasonable tickets, I prefer to pay a bit more and secure a good place than pay 800 for rubish tickets... Anyway, as I paid for it, I will eat and drink as much as possiblegrinning smiley

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Mark Butler VIP packages and Brussels Box set packages are two entirely different things, one is a package that is merely two tickets with something else thrown in (the box set), the other is a VIP deal - THAT is the one that is non-transferable (supposedly) .......

Date: November 4, 2012 18:28

Garbie
In theory, the VIP packages will work as you say. I have a VIP package (2 tickets), and I will just receive a pass to get into the VIP area. Once there and against my identity proof, I will get the tickets.

...and yes, I have been following the Stones for 30 years, I am not a banker and not rich...Just want to see the Stones again and as I was unable to get reasonable tickets, I prefer to pay a bit more and secure a good place than pay 800 for rubish tickets... Anyway, as I paid for it, I will eat and drink as much as possiblegrinning smiley

paulywaul
gotdablouse

<<< Anyway, as I paid for it, I will eat and drink as much as possible >>>

Be very hungry and thirsty, cos' that's one pricey "dinner & drinks" grinning smiley

Date: November 4, 2012 18:44

No doubt. My wife and I will be on a diet till the day of the concert...they are going to learn what a Spanish hungry couple means...

paulywaul
Garbie

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Be very hungry and thirsty, cos' that's one pricey "dinner & drinks" grinning smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:46

Garbie

[/quote]
So we see us around on Sunday for the dinner and drinks?

Anyway just would like to mention that Standing Pit tickets are getting less on Seatwave so theyy must have sold at least 30 out of the 60 since last thursday at a price of £1000 ca.

Date: November 4, 2012 22:00

Sure! See you there!

Just look for a Spanish guy eating and drinking with a wife following him and saying "please stop! Its enough! Please stop!">grinning smiley<

I think you are right about the tickets. Once it was impossible to get reasonable tickets at normal prices, I thought that, although expensive, it was better to pay for VIP packages with good tickets and all the other things, than ending paying a fortune for bad tickets of for the same good tickets but with nothing else... It was not what I was looking for but at least, if I pay what I paid, I will get good places, some extras and no problems trying to get tickets in the black market.

Hope to see you there!

Grison
Garbie

Anyway just would like to mention that Standing Pit tickets are getting less on Seatwave so theyy must have sold at least 30 out of the 60 since last thursday at a price of £1000 ca.[/quote]

Date: November 4, 2012 22:02

Grison
Garbie

Anyway just would like to mention that Standing Pit tickets are getting less on Seatwave so theyy must have sold at least 30 out of the 60 since last thursday at a price of £1000 ca.[/quote]

I'll wait, there's plenty of time yet. Apart from anything else, I've seen pit tickets on other websites for as low as face value, but unfortunately for me, they were for the Thursday 29th show. I'm looking for Sunday 25th - drat !!

Posted by: lox ()
Date: November 4, 2012 22:13

Sorry Paul,
Where did you see the GA tickets for the 29th?
Thanks a lot!
Lox

P.S. Thanks for the Thread as well!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home