Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 6, 2012 15:57

Got a note that more VIP packages are available for London.

True, Pauly, I would rather have a PIT ticket without most of the extra stuff...
In the US the packages include early entry but no dinner or drinks, and no snacks afterwards, and they
are still more expensive than the UK packages.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:12

thunderball
I have just had Sky installed and am not sure how PPV works. I am based in the UK and will be out for the count at 2am. Do Sky give you the opportunity to record it and watch it at a more convenient time? I am tempted to watch it but they seem to release the PPV's as the official DVD which I will end up buying anyway.

Yeah, you'll be able to record it and keep it in your programme planner like you can with any show. There are usually a few ads in the days before it and the Sky Box Office channels are usually around number 770 or so.

I'd guess they'd maybe re-run it the next day or so anyway.

They dont always issue the PPV officially (Atlantic City '89 being an example) and when they do its always in edited form with several songs cut out.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:39

Gazza
thunderball
I have just had Sky installed and am not sure how PPV works. I am based in the UK and will be out for the count at 2am. Do Sky give you the opportunity to record it and watch it at a more convenient time? I am tempted to watch it but they seem to release the PPV's as the official DVD which I will end up buying anyway.

Yeah, you'll be able to record it and keep it in your programme planner like you can with any show. There are usually a few ads in the days before it and the Sky Box Office channels are usually around number 770 or so.

They dont always issue the PPV officially (Atlantic City '89 being an example) and when they do its always in edited form with several songs cut out.

Thanks for the information.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 6, 2012 20:48

It seems that the ticket drop thread has morphed into a thread about PPV.
I wouldn't give up hope if I were you. The tickets are not sold out. I don't believe it.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 6, 2012 21:03

I haven't given up but I am seriously pissed off with the whole thing. For 2 shows they could have easily put a Robbie Williams type system in place. I'm not going into details here (yet) but I'm trying to get £1000 back from a re seller 'cause tickets not as described.

I wish I had Gazza's principles and just thought @#$%& IT they are taking the piss.

sc uk

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 6, 2012 22:57

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
You dont drive? Really?

Do you mean you dont drive across the water to England, or you never drive anywhere?

I dont drive. Its not THAT unusual. (Especially if you have no arms). My wife drives though but as I live in a city I can get pretty much everywhere I need to go by public transport.

You could drive to England via the overnight ferry, but its much easier to fly (70 minutes) or get the boat and then the train. Driving on to London would be an extra few hundred miles.

Sorry Gazza, I did not know you do not have arms.

I wish my city had better public transport, if/when I ever move it is going to be to a city with that exact thing in mind. Id love to live by a subway stop and not own a car... just rent one if I ever have to.

Date: November 6, 2012 23:01

angee
Got a note that more VIP packages are available for London.

True, Pauly, I would rather have a PIT ticket without most of the extra stuff...
In the US the packages include early entry but no dinner or drinks, and no snacks afterwards, and they
are still more expensive than the UK packages.

Yup, I watched an ebay auction end last night with not bids which started at face value for 3 pit VIPs ....they were priced at $1860 per ticket. [www.ebay.com]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 6, 2012 23:15

2 in B1 with a decent seller (125 positive feedback comments) starting price at £900.00 just ended without a single bid.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 7, 2012 00:07

flairville
2 in B1 with a decent seller (125 positive feedback comments) starting price at £900.00 just ended without a single bid.

Downwards downwards downwards .... and then downwards some more please !! cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 00:10

Gazza, did you lose your arms since I saw you last?
That must be at least five years ago, if not longer!
How do you type nowadays?

I don't drive either...not anymore. Added up all the costs and decided it just wasn't worth it anymore. Public transport is good enough for me in London.

Lee

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 00:12

Did not realise it was on sky. Thanks for all the info.thumbs up

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 7, 2012 00:14

Last one tonight! 2 with a face of £812 just went for £600. Approximately a £275 loss with ebay/Paypal fees, possibly more.
Cant wait to meet up, drink and talk about all this bollocks we've had to suffer!

Date: November 7, 2012 00:36

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
You dont drive? Really?

Do you mean you dont drive across the water to England, or you never drive anywhere?

I dont drive. Its not THAT unusual. (Especially if you have no arms). My wife drives though but as I live in a city I can get pretty much everywhere I need to go by public transport.

You could drive to England via the overnight ferry, but its much easier to fly (70 minutes) or get the boat and then the train. Driving on to London would be an extra few hundred miles.

Sorry Gazza, I did not know you do not have arms.

I wish my city had better public transport, if/when I ever move it is going to be to a city with that exact thing in mind. Id love to live by a subway stop and not own a car... just rent one if I ever have to.

LOL..I figured that comment would cause a bit of head scratching.

I can assure you I'm not 'armless'. However, what I was getting at was the fact that some people dont drive for medical reasons, so its not unusual. I'm perfectly healthy - just never got around to doing it and at this stage I can't be arsed.

Anyway, back to your regular programming.

Date: November 7, 2012 00:48

flairville
Last one tonight! 2 with a face of £812 just went for £600. Approximately a £275 loss with ebay/Paypal fees, possibly more.
Cant wait to meet up, drink and talk about all this bollocks we've had to suffer!

Yep, looking forward to that too Ben, and thanks for posting that info. It shows the reality of the situation, which is that it's one thing to ask silly money, quite another to get it. And from the examples you've provided, it seems that some folk ain't getting it !! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 00:48 by paulywaul.

Date: November 7, 2012 01:11

I think the top price front of A blocks and Standing will pretty much hold the Grand a ticket prices until very near to show time as numbers are limited, but poor lower tier and all upper tier prices will pretty much collapse very soon as tickets arrive through the post and blood sucking opportunists er........... I mean sellers... will panic . I can even see Gazza getting in for his £150 limit smoking smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 7, 2012 01:25

Gazza
I can assure you I'm not 'armless'.

Neither are you "Harmless" :-)

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

-
Date: November 7, 2012 03:39

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 08:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 7, 2012 10:23

straycatuk
I think the top price front of A blocks and Standing will pretty much hold the Grand a ticket prices until very near to show time as numbers are limited, but poor lower tier and all upper tier prices will pretty much collapse very soon as tickets arrive through the post and blood sucking opportunists er........... I mean sellers... will panic . I can even see Gazza getting in for his £150 limit smoking smiley

sc uk

Agree with you, the asking prices for A blocks and good lower tier will hold in the high hundreds until the proverbial last minute, but the poor lower tier and upper tier .......... I think you can sense the panic amongst those fools already, and it will just get worse for them as soon as tickets start arriving.

Date: November 7, 2012 10:25

straycatuk
I haven't given up but I am seriously pissed off with the whole thing. For 2 shows they could have easily put a Robbie Williams type system in place. I'm not going into details here (yet) but I'm trying to get £1000 back from a re seller 'cause tickets not as described.

I wish I had Gazza's principles and just thought @#$%& IT they are taking the piss.

sc uk

<<< but I'm trying to get £1000 back from a re seller 'cause tickets not as described >>>

O Jeez, don't tell me you got stung !

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 12:33

Gazza
thunderball

That's not quite correct. You can record and keep free-to-air programming on your planner until you delete it. You can do the same for premium programming watched under subscription (e.g. from the sports and movie channels) for as long as you remain subscribed to those channels. But for PPV you only get the chance to repeat watch within a limited period of time, normally 24-48 hours. After that it is gone.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 7, 2012 12:39

What all these re-sellers have forgotten is that Zeppelin hadn't played anywhere for 30 years whereas we all saw the Stones in 05/06/07
Hence all these no bids on eBay
I'd love to see them. I'd now even be tempted to pay 406 GBP to have Block A2 front or second row at the O2

Posted by: lox ()
Date: November 7, 2012 13:04

paulywaul
lox
Sorry Paul,
Where did you see the GA tickets for the 29th?
Thanks a lot!
Lox

P.S. Thanks for the Thread as well!

Here .........

[www.gumtree.com]

Thanks, Pauly!

I contacted the seller a couple of days ago. The tickets were still available (800 GBP). We discussed about sending them to Germany or how to organize a pick up in London. One way or another she wanted a money transfer to her bank account as a security deposit. Everything seemed smooth and legit. Finally, I asked if the seller had the tickets in hand (already), and she confirmed! Understandably, I was rather surprised, since to my knowledge they haven't been sent out yet. Therefore, I asked for a scan of the tickets. And that was the end of our communication... I haven't heard from her since!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 7, 2012 13:13

Wow, some people have some nerve don't they...a good thing the tickets haven't been dispatched yet to spot the crooks.

Date: November 7, 2012 15:39

lox
paulywaul
lox
Sorry Paul,
Where did you see the GA tickets for the 29th?
Thanks a lot!
Lox

P.S. Thanks for the Thread as well!

Here .........

[www.gumtree.com]

Thanks, Pauly!

I contacted the seller a couple of days ago. The tickets were still available (800 GBP). We discussed about sending them to Germany or how to organize a pick up in London. One way or another she wanted a money transfer to her bank account as a security deposit. Everything seemed smooth and legit. Finally, I asked if the seller had the tickets in hand (already), and she confirmed! Understandably, I was rather surprised, since to my knowledge they haven't been sent out yet. Therefore, I asked for a scan of the tickets. And that was the end of our communication... I haven't heard from her since!

<<< Therefore, I asked for a scan of the tickets. And that was the end of our communication... I haven't heard from her since ! >>>

Holy s**t !! Thank you for sharing this information, and to others that read this thread, please beware of similar such scams. Scalping is one thing, but fraud on top of it is just a further insult. What a horrible situation. Anyway, very glad to hear that you didn't fall for it, well done to you for being cautious and asking the right question(s) .....

Best regards

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 7, 2012 16:05

Despite the fact that I paid much to much on ebay for my Pit tickets at least I am sure via paypal that I get my money back if things go totally wrong. The seller is a Topseller and has marvellous reviews also with other tickets. So I just hope that everything is fine.

Date: November 7, 2012 16:43

paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

<<< but I'm trying to get £1000 back from a re seller 'cause tickets not as described >>>

O Jeez, don't tell me you got stung !

They are going to refund me But I have nothing in writing/email despite requests.

The full story :

I saw 2 unreserved standing for an incredible £440 each last week. After a double take and a quick phone call I bought them for £1050 inc. fees . Printed off receipt and rang flairville to say "we're in !" Confirmation email came through and all looked well until I noticed under Unreserved standing it said
" row R". Thought it looked odd ,so last Friday I rang them and although they couldn't explain the row number they assured me that I had purchased Standing tickets. They offered to look into it and contact me Monday . I requested email reply so I had a record of communications.

Got a phone call at work on Monday and a hurried apology that they couldn't provide tickets as seller had listed them incorrectly and I would be getting a full refund and a 50% Fan guarantee credit which I could use against another purchase. I was at work so just hung up.
Rang back today to ask for a refund ref. number and clarify how I could spend the credit - I've got to order over phone to use it which I don't like as less proof of purchase. Also I'll have to pay my bloody credit card bill then have the refund transferred to my bank, which is a f**king headache.

The reseller in question is GETMEIN .Ticketmaster's own touting division . This morning was the last straw - F*CK THE STONES - W*NKERS

They could have put someting in place to prevent this, but NO why should they when they can have headlines like "sold out in 7 minutes" or "hottest tickets in town go for £20000"? tossers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc uk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 18:12 by straycatuk.

Date: November 7, 2012 16:44

Room1009
Gazza
thunderball

That's not quite correct. You can record and keep free-to-air programming on your planner until you delete it. You can do the same for premium programming watched under subscription (e.g. from the sports and movie channels) for as long as you remain subscribed to those channels. But for PPV you only get the chance to repeat watch within a limited period of time, normally 24-48 hours. After that it is gone.

Interesting - thanks for that. I was pretty sure I read when the Sky broadcast was confirmed that it was worded in a way that suggested UK fans would be able to record the show to watch when they chose in their programmer. Maybe they just meant for those to were unable to stay awake to watch it.

Anyway, I'll be hitting the DVD 'record' button for sure!

Date: November 7, 2012 16:46

GETMEIN............................GETMEOUT !

Be careful - all is not what it seems.

It's impossible to list a standing ticket on their site and enter a row number, so who's to blame ?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 18:14 by straycatuk.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:28

straycatuk

They are going to refund me But I have nothing in writing/email despite requests.

The full story :

I saw 2 unreserved standing for an incredible £440 each last week. After a double take and a quick phone call I bought them for £1050 inc. fees . Printed off receipt and rang flairville to say "we're in !" Confirmation email came through and all looked well until I noticed under Unreserved standing it said
" row R". Thought it looked odd ,so last Friday I rang them and although they couldn't explain the row number they assured me that I had purchased Standing tickets. They offered to look into it and contact me Monday . I requested email reply so I had a record of communications.

Got a phone call at work on Monday and a hurried apology that they couldn't provide tickets as seller had listed them incorrectly and I would be getting a full refund and a 50% Fan guarantee credit which I could use against another purchase. I was at work so just hung up.
Rang back today to ask for a refund ref. number and clarify how I could spend the credit - I've got to order over phone to use it which I don't like as less proof of purchase. Also I'll have to pay my bloody credit card bill then have the refund transferred to my bank, which is a f**king headache.

The reseller in question is GETMEIN .Ticketmaster's own touting division

50% credit? So, if you find a ticket for 400GBP, you only pay 200? That's a pretty good resolution. I had something similar happen to me with viagogo; the seller had listed tickets and then forgot about the viagogo listing and sold them elsewhere. Viagogo came through with much better seats for the same price. Sadly for me, it was for Glee Live for my kids, not the Stones.

Date: November 8, 2012 00:46

They said they couldn't provide replacement tickets - why ? , so the 50% credit was the alternative . If I use it, as I'm reluctant to deal with them the credit is 50% of my original purchase, so £500. Not so bad I suppose. I just feel let down by the whole ticket reselling "scandal" .

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home