Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546
Current Page: 46 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 13, 2012 15:55

ttutone
paulywaul
ttutone
Just scored two off Ticketbasterd for section 16 row 11. I was sweatin it today (trying all day) and bang this just appeared. Majorly pshyched! Minus the cool grand that will magically appear on next months credit card. Worry bout that latter.... Charlie needs a new suit and a new hat for Mick.

Maybe there are more? Seems stuff is popping up.

Section 16 .... good deal this late in the day. Very well done to you !

Thanks Pauly. As you say the good seats are always sold at the end.

Yep, Ticketmaster does seem to be relatively consistent in this habit of selling from the top downwards and the back forwards, so if u don't get lucky in the presales (which is always a bit hit n' miss) - it's a good one to bear in mind. It's always dificult to judge WHEN exactly to commit and buy something that's offered to you, say a week or ten days before a show, because you're torn between thinking that this is the best you're ever going to have a chance to get .... or that there might be better to come if you hold on !! That's when you've got to make a judgement call. Leaving getting your ticket(s) till as late as you did for example does run the risk of ending with either nothing or something crap, but over the years I've generally managed to time it right and get really good seats astonishingly late in the day - much like you've just done. Happy for ya .... !

I'm in section 10 for both the Newark shows, and got those tickets for example just before leaving London for New York on 8th December - so basically less than a week before the first of those shows. Couldn't believe my luck !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 13, 2012 17:57

Just as a matter of interest if there's anyone out there still looking, pulled up this two minutes ago .......... just NINE hours before show time !!

Section A
Row 13
Seats 14

Description Price Level 1
Floor Level Seating
Type Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price US $813.00 x 1
Price Details
Ticket Price US $750.00 x 1 Facility ChargeUS $3.50 x 1C onvenience Charge US $59.50 x 1
SUBTOTAL*US $813.00

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: December 13, 2012 18:48

This one is up right now, looks like a great seat, wish i could get there in time, I would grab it...and not the top price, either:
Section 8
Row4
Seats8
Description
Price Level 2
Lower Level Seating
RESTRICTED VIEW SEATING
Type
Restricted View Ticket
Ticket PriceUS $493.00 x 1
Price Details

Date: December 13, 2012 18:57

tommyquinn
This one is up right now, looks like a great seat, wish i could get there in time, I would grab it...and not the top price, either:
Section 8
Row4
Seats8
Description
Price Level 2
Lower Level Seating
RESTRICTED VIEW SEATING
Type
Restricted View Ticket
Price Details

For sure not bad this late in the proceedings .... and a mere snip at $500, instead of $800 plus !! Jeez, what an insane world. $800 plus for a r n' r show. And we're f***ing paying it too, that's the amazing bit !!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 13, 2012 19:42

Out of curiosity, are there any pairs showing up as "ticket drops"? With Mick Taylor announced, I am now thinking of going to the show on the 15th. *sigh*

Date: December 13, 2012 19:57

Well, the best thing to do is check Ticketmaster randomly, seats come and go quickly, what gets offered to me may not be the same as what gets offered to you 5 minutes later.
Oh, did I mention that TICKETMASTER S*@KS??

Date: December 13, 2012 20:53

Here we go- Section A now up on TM:
Section A
Row 13
Seats 14
DescriptionPrice Level 1
Floor Level Seating
TypeFull
Price Ticket
Ticket PriceUS $813.00 x 1
Price Details

Rolling Stones at MSG the "12/12/12" (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: December 13, 2012 07:02

IORR thanks! , To allow sharing information

[]

Re: Rolling Stones at MSG the "12/12/12" (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 13, 2012 08:07

Many thanks!

Re: Rolling Stones at MSG the "12/12/12" (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS)
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 13, 2012 20:26

Some great Telecaster shots...2 tracks from GRRRRR

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 14, 2012 08:16

Friday 1:14 am EST $500 are popping 0n TM in the Mezz level, section 111 row 2.

Date: December 14, 2012 16:04

Literally 5 minutes from cancelling my plans, caught a ticket drop at 6:00 a.m., East Coast time. Two in Section 8, row 5. Hesitated for about 2 minutes before pulling the trigger - still too expensive, but am quite relieved. Can't wait to get on the plane - frequent flyer miles to Washington DC, train to Newark. Damn - the things we do . . . . .

Date: December 14, 2012 16:25

drbryant
Literally 5 minutes from cancelling my plans, caught a ticket drop at 6:00 a.m., East Coast time. Two in Section 8, row 5. Hesitated for about 2 minutes before pulling the trigger - still too expensive, but am quite relieved. Can't wait to get on the plane - frequent flyer miles to Washington DC, train to Newark. Damn - the things we do . . . . .

Well done to you. I was in section 10 yesterday, fab view. But the sections seem quite narrow as compared to the O2 Arena, which appears to have a much more elongated shape. So where you'll be in 8 ought to put you at about the very tip of the tongue or perhaps just a little back from that. Great overall perspective, and just the right height above ground level too. Great ticket drop at this juncture, really pleased you're makin' it. Knew ya couldn't hold out !!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 14, 2012 18:28

Go to the box office when it opens... Seems like they still had some yesterday at 11:00am

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:27

trying to do this...thinking it may be possible as my buddy who lives in the area went on the 13th so I just need one ticket....

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:00

Just took the plunge - heading up to Newark shortly. Section 19, on the aisle towards the stage, row 8. Hoping to meet a bunch of you beforehand! Hoping to hear "Rocks Off" tonight!

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:41

btw if anyone has a lead on a 300 (more or less) ticket, pls email me directly at mallinmonte@yahoo.com

thanks!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:53

paulywaul
tommyquinn
Section 8
Row4
Seats8
Description
Price Level 2
Lower Level Seating
RESTRICTED VIEW SEATING
Type
Restricted View Ticket
Price Details

For sure not bad this late in the proceedings .... and a mere snip at $500, instead of $800 plus !! Jeez, what an insane world. $800 plus for a r n' r show. And we're f***ing paying it too, that's the amazing bit !!

i am not paying for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Date: December 15, 2012 18:07

There are some on StubHub right now in this range. They are in sections 8 and 11, and then the sections directly behind and above them as well. They are slightly behind the stage but honestly, they're the best deal out there right now.

Date: December 15, 2012 18:08

I'm sorry, I meant sections 16 and 11!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:28

Was just at box office--they're saying they only have section 3 now...wouldn't let me try to exchange what I was picking up in same section.

Hope to see some of you later!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 15, 2012 21:26

Got section 11 Row 10 late LAST NIGHT- I had read somewhere that this section started at row 13 so I hope I have a seat in an actual row. Barclay sold some non-existant seats in section 226 and people were showing up right and left looking for seats 13 through 24 in rows that ended at seat 12. It was funny for a while, but the look of panic on some people's faces really sucked- I had to assure them that if they went downstairs to guest relations that they would be upgraded, which is what we were told.
Come to think of it, I hope there isn't a row 10......(an upgrade to the pit would NOT be hard to take, LOL)
On the Amtrak train to Newark as I type....5 1/2 more hours until showtime!!!

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:03

Hope Everyone enjoys the show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:06 by vertigojoe.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:03

From an interview with Billboard.com

There's been controversy about your ticket pricing for the London and New Jersey shows. What's your take on that?

Mick: I don't think there should be a secondary ticket market. I don't think it should be legal. To my mind, there has to be a better way of doing it, but we're living, really, with the way the system functions. We can't, in four shows, change the whole ticketing system. You might say, "The tickets are too expensive"-well, it's a very expensive show to put on, just to do four shows, because normally you do a hundred shows and you'd have the same expenses. [laughs] So, yes, it's expensive. But most of the tickets go for a higher price than we've sold them for, so you can see the market is there. We don't participate in the profit. If a ticket costs 250 quid [$400], let's imagine, and goes for 1,000 quid [$1,600], I just want to point out that we don't get that difference.

Pah!

Date: December 16, 2012 01:25

tommyquinn
Got section 11 Row 10 late LAST NIGHT- I had read somewhere that this section started at row 13 so I hope I have a seat in an actual row. Barclay sold some non-existant seats in section 226 and people were showing up right and left looking for seats 13 through 24 in rows that ended at seat 12. It was funny for a while, but the look of panic on some people's faces really sucked- I had to assure them that if they went downstairs to guest relations that they would be upgraded, which is what we were told.
Come to think of it, I hope there isn't a row 10......(an upgrade to the pit would NOT be hard to take, LOL)
On the Amtrak train to Newark as I type....5 1/2 more hours until showtime!!!

I have one in Row 11 and met someone else who is in Row 10, in Section ll.
From what I understand there are only a few seats in each of those rows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: December 16, 2012 02:46

Stub Hub, Now, Section 10 row 19, $873. Great location close to stage. I'd go for this If I were there.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:55

tommyquin, hi, we ended up talking in the row you got! hope you enjoyed the show, will
write to you. it's funny--i didn't know we were posting in the same topic. cool smiley

good seats, for the price.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 16, 2012 09:55

Hi Angee,
Itwas great to talk to you, and I am glad you got to move down closer to the stage. You had me in stiches at one point, and I hoppe you had as good of a time as I did... absolutely no regrets about selling my cheaper ticket and upgrading to section 11- AWESOME view!!! Thanks again for making the evening even more fun!!
Good luck with your writing....

Date: December 16, 2012 12:01

corriecas
paulywaul
tommyquinn
Section 8
Row4
Seats8
Description
Price Level 2
Lower Level Seating
RESTRICTED VIEW SEATING
Type
Restricted View Ticket
Price Details

i am not paying for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

These seats ended up going unsold - I was in the row right behind them and they were empty until later in the show, when some people sat in them. They could have been amazing seats to the side of the tongue pit about even with the front ramp. The only problem was that there was a camera guy in front of the seats, making them obstructed view.

The seats around them were all sold for $813 about 2 days before the show; I picked up a pair in row 5 and they were fantastic. But, I don't think you can blame any "conspiracy" about "ticketmaster holding back seats" for this. They ended up being great seats, but that entire section was behind the camera, so they clearly held off selling them until the stage had been set up for the PPV and they could determine whether the view was obstructed or not.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546
Current Page: 46 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home