Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 8, 2012 09:50

straycatuk
They said they couldn't provide replacement tickets - why ? , so the 50% credit was the alternative . If I use it, as I'm reluctant to deal with them the credit is 50% of my original purchase, so £500. Not so bad I suppose. I just feel let down by the whole ticket reselling "scandal" .

sc uk
As much as people don't like ebay, I think with paypal you're on a much saver side as you can claim your money back immediately. I hope things are getting sorted out for you straycatuk. So far I did no see any standing pit tickets for less than £ 900

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 8, 2012 14:19

Grison
straycatuk
They said they couldn't provide replacement tickets - why ? , so the 50% credit was the alternative . If I use it, as I'm reluctant to deal with them the credit is 50% of my original purchase, so £500. Not so bad I suppose. I just feel let down by the whole ticket reselling "scandal" .

sc uk
As much as people don't like ebay, I think with paypal you're on a much saver side as you can claim your money back immediately. I hope things are getting sorted out for you straycatuk. So far I did no see any standing pit tickets for less than £ 900

MY CREDIT CARD WAS REFUNDED TODAY. So pretty quick considering that I only agreed to it on Monday. I've got to be fair and say that isn't bad at all .£500 credit might come in handy if prices on their site start to drop. It lasts a year so may be useful for the tour 2013.winking smiley

Getmein are not complete incompetents after all. I've calmed down nowconfused smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 8, 2012 14:45

straycatuk

MY CREDIT CARD WAS REFUNDED TODAY. So pretty quick considering that I only agreed to it on Monday. I've got to be fair and say that isn't bad at all .£500 credit might come in handy if prices on their site start to drop. It lasts a year so may be useful for the tour 2013.winking smiley

Getmein are not complete incompetents after all. I've calmed down nowconfused smiley

sc uk
I thinks every reliable company and even ticket sellers on ebay with a good reputation can't simply effort to bail out on these things. They also know that a bad word of mouth can ruin their business.
So I am happy with you that you got the refund so quickly.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 8, 2012 15:02

''MY CREDIT CARD WAS REFUNDED TODAY. So pretty quick considering that I only agreed to it on Monday. I've got to be fair and say that isn't bad at all .£500 credit might come in handy if prices on their site start to drop. It lasts a year so may be useful for the tour 2013.

Getmein are not complete incompetents after all. I've calmed down now''

sc uk

I'm not surprsed you are realy annoyed straycat,but it looks as if you are going to come up trumps here.Good luck to yer and hope you manage to score a couple of pit tix or 2013 tix at a reasonable price with yer 50% credit. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 8, 2012 17:46

up to 4 in Block 107 Row B now up on SeeTickets.

Date: November 8, 2012 18:22

Where are they coming from ?

Sold out in 7 minutes my ar*e !grinning smiley

sc uk

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 8, 2012 18:24

Green Lady
up to 4 in Block 107 Row B now up on SeeTickets.

This is really interesting, because these have been available for a few weeks now. SEETICKETS have been showing SOLD OUT for both dates for certainly the last few days now, and here all of a sudden ..... block 107 row B up for sale again. Makes you realise how NOT sold out at all it is, lets get real please !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 8, 2012 19:01

I don't think they will ever get real Pauly. The phone hacking scandal has got nothing on this BS.

sc uk

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 8, 2012 19:57

This morning I calculated the percentage of no-bids on open Stones ticket auctions at a little over 78%. the volume on Stub Hub hasn't seemed to move significantly either.

Looks like a lot of empty seats or a fire sale outside the Prudential Center.

Date: November 8, 2012 20:20

GADAWG
This morning I calculated the percentage of no-bids on open Stones ticket auctions at a little over 78%. the volume on Stub Hub hasn't seemed to move significantly either.

Looks like a lot of empty seats or a fire sale outside the Prudential Center.

I was going to try and do exactly the same & count up the number of no bids on ebay.co.uk, but didn't bother in the end through lack of interest .... but just eye-balling it and at a rough guess, I'd say it's about the same as the figure you came up with, so say 75% ? So I guess that'll be a shitload of empties at the O2 on the 25th and 29th of this month then ? I mean really !!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 9, 2012 03:55

One point of caution - sometimes, if the first show is good, word of mouth creates a run on tickets for subsequent shows. For this year's world series in San Francisco, tickets for game 1 could be had on game day in the $300 range. Game 1 was very entertaining and suddenly, the standing room only seats for game 2 were in the $500 range.

Date: November 9, 2012 08:43

Increasing number of people listing tickets for sale on a website called SCARLET MIST, for FACE VALUE or below. Not of interest to me personally, because everything for sale appears to be in the upper tier blocks, but may be to some who are looking for a cheaper ticket ?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 9, 2012 09:52

Ohhhh, Scarlet Mist is BACK! Ace, it was a fan to fan (the genuine article) face value ticket exchange site, then it was shut down by the "owners" due to misuse by dunderheads I believe. I used it several times to buy and sell, it was 100% trustworthy; hope it is run by the same people as before, a very noble concept.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 9, 2012 10:14

Hi SD,

Yep, The 'Mist has returned although as ever it is a case of buyer-beware...just use your smarts.

Go to [www.scarletmist.com]

It would be great if there wasn't a need for sites like Scarlet mist, but until that day I'm glad that some poor sod is running it, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: November 9, 2012 10:30

SonicDreamer
Ohhhh, Scarlet Mist is BACK! Ace, it was a fan to fan (the genuine article) face value ticket exchange site, then it was shut down by the "owners" due to misuse by dunderheads I believe. I used it several times to buy and sell, it was 100% trustworthy; hope it is run by the same people as before, a very noble concept.

Cheers,
SonicD

It seems to be yes, because I remember it from several years ago and the way it looks today is considerably improved. I have used it both to buy and sell, and it does genuinely appear to be 100 percent trustworthy, it is essentially precisely what a "fan to fan" facility should be, NOT what this nonsense service provided by SEATWAVE, VIAGOGO, and GETMEIN actually purports to be, but clearly ISN'T !!

What I really like about Scarlet Mist is that the process is totally transparent, or as close to it as you can realistically get. Tickets for sale are mostly described 100% accurately, that is to say block, row, seat number(s), and if not - then the ASK SELLER A QUESTION FACILITY is really good, you get their response by email to your address that you quoted to Scarlet Mist when you subscribed to their service, and additionally that response appears on the website under the sellers' listing. That to me differentiates this type of site from all the others, which are characterised by their policies of deliberately withh seat numbers, they won't even divulge them if (heaven forbid) you contact them by telephone and express interest in one of their listings. Have you EVER noticed seat numbers quoted on a listing from SEATWAVE, GETMEIN, VIAGOGO, or DOUBLE8TICKETS ? No, you haven't, not ever ! And have you ever phoned them up and asked for those seat numbers, EVEN on an item for sale where in the case of SEATEWAVE, there's that little icon against the item for sale saying "we've received a copy of the proof of purchase confirmation" !! Well I have, and do you think they were prepared to divulge the seat numbers ? Nope, they weren't, they blindly come up with the "it's not our policy" excuse. WTF ? What's the big secret ? This lack of transparency just serves to reinforce the larger public's belief that the secondary market as represented by these particular companies is indeed a SCAM.

So what else is new - right ??

Anyway, the main purpose of my last post was to let people know that there appears to be an increasing number of folk who are letting their tickets go for face or below face, you can sense the panic .... it's quite evident. All those silly sods that REALLY thought they could make a profit on an UPPER TIER seat already priced at £406 - what a miscalculation ! Whoops !

Date: November 9, 2012 10:36

SimonN
Hi SD,

Yep, The 'Mist has returned although as ever it is a case of buyer-beware...just use your smarts.

Go to [www.scarletmist.com]

It would be great if there wasn't a need for sites like Scarlet mist, but until that day I'm glad that some poor sod is running it, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

<<< as ever it is a case of buyer-beware ... just use your smarts >>>

Absolutely. At the very least, given that there are obviously scammers out there as well as people who are cagey about precisely "what" they're selling. So ..., ask for a scanned image of the ticket(s) that clearly shows price, block/row/seat number(s) - and accept nothing less. If the seller(s) and the ticket(s) is/are genuine, they should be able to provide that information. If they're not prepared to do that, then beware beware beware !!

Date: November 9, 2012 10:54

Frankly, I'd prefer to pay the extra charges of Get Mein, Stubhub, viagogo and the like and have the peace of mind that I won't get get scammed.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:13

drbryant
Frankly, I'd prefer to pay the extra charges of Get Mein, Stubhub, viagogo and the like and have the peace of mind that I won't get get scammed.

If you're careful you don't have to go to those rip-off sites.I have never had to use them and always managed to get decent tix at face value.Patience and perseverence can pay off as the date gets nearer for these Rolling Stones gigs. winking smiley

Date: November 9, 2012 11:45

Does anyone get the feeling that Paulywaul couid not live without his BOLD and CAPITAL letters??!!

Date: November 9, 2012 12:03

Manofwealthandtaste
Does anyone get the feeling that Paulywaul could not live without his BOLD and CAPITAL letters??!!

In a scalper free world ... I most certainly could !! cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

See ? not an uppercase or bold character in sight ? hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Within the world that regrettably we appear to occupy with respect to the entire secondary market and the way it functions ... an emphatic NO !!! angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

Date: November 9, 2012 12:06

Ha ha! Thanks for the continued updates Paul......and apart from the useful info, does this thread count as your longest rant ever!

Date: November 9, 2012 12:17

drbryant

You've obviously never heard of or used Scarlet Mist, it is perfectly good (and they actually publish on the site identities or aliases of scalpers or people that have indulged in fraudulent transactions), and secondly - by using GETMEIN and VIAGOGO and SEATWAVE - you actually are getting scammed.

If you were buying a car, and the advert you responded to just said "car", instead of "car - make, model, colour, age, condition, mileage, extras" - would you buy it and be happy in the knowledge that you had been in full possession of all the relevant facts about it, before you parted with your money ? Because that's the analogy.

When you buy a ticket off Ticketmaster, your confirmation clearly states block, row, seat number(s). So the moment that ticket ends up on sites like those I've mentioned above, that very information gets decimated down to either just block and row, or sometimes only even just block - no mention of row, let alone seat(s). And that doesn't trouble you ? In effect, you're just prepared to buy blind, or perhaps you really don't give a s**t about where you end up sitting ?

God almighty, you're easy to please ... ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 12:19 by paulywaul.

Date: November 9, 2012 12:18

Manofwealthandtaste
Ha ha! Thanks for the continued updates Paul......and apart from the useful info, does this thread count as your longest rant ever!

Hmm ... I've not flown BA recently if that's what you mean !! winking smiley

Date: November 9, 2012 17:35

Feel free to continue with ranting. Always enjoyable.

sc uk

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:10

crawdaddy
drbryant

If you're careful you don't have to go to those rip-off sites.I have never had to use them and always managed to get decent tix at face value.Patience and perseverence can pay off as the date gets nearer for these Rolling Stones gigs. winking smiley

Since the Stones shows at Wembley in 82 I've often gotten into the stadium gigs for half price. The arenma shows were more difficult but never once have I paid over the odds for a Stones ticket and I ain't gonna do it this time. The trick is to wait until the last moment and pounce.

Date: November 9, 2012 18:15

straycatuk
Feel free to continue with ranting. Always enjoyable.

sc uk

Well hopefully ONE day (relatively soon preferably) this thread will start to be used as it was intended, which is folk letting each other know that the primary ticket agencies are finally dropping decent seats for sale, which to be quite honest - not many people have had a decent opportunity to buy as yet - myself included. Yes there were a small quantity in the presales, but it's not difficult to figure out that a lot of the good lower tier seats are still tied up with VIP packages, the more expensive hotel packages, or already in the hands of the reselling sites - probably as part of their "allocations".

Date: November 9, 2012 18:21

Silver Dagger
crawdaddy
drbryant

Since the Stones shows at Wembley in 82 I've often gotten into the stadium gigs for half price. The arenma shows were more difficult but never once have I paid over the odds for a Stones ticket and I ain't gonna do it this time. The trick is to wait until the last moment and pounce.

Mike, looking at ebay.co.uk ought to boost your confidence; each day we get closer and each day you see the numbers of items listed gradually increment, and the majority are still failing to attract any bids. I tell you, all those £406 upper tier seats .... the silly sods that are still trying to unload them at above face are going to end up giving them away, there's absolutely dozens and dozens and they're not attracting the slightest interest. The better stuff is, but the bids are short of what sellers are asking. So I think your strategy is 100% correct. A couple of weeks to go, that's all !!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:22

My ticket was in my porch when I got back home earlier. Nobody signed for it or anything, just stuck through the letterbox

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:41

Got to go and collect mine tomorrow as I wasn't in to sign when it arrived (this is from SeeTickets, who are usually faster at this than Ticketmaster).

Date: November 9, 2012 18:48

paulywaul
drbryant

You've obviously never heard of or used Scarlet Mist, it is perfectly good (and they actually publish on the site identities or aliases of scalpers or people that have indulged in fraudulent transactions), and secondly - by using GETMEIN and VIAGOGO and SEATWAVE - you actually are getting scammed.

If you were buying a car, and the advert you responded to just said "car", instead of "car - make, model, colour, age, condition, mileage, extras" - would you buy it and be happy in the knowledge that you had been in full possession of all the relevant facts about it, before you parted with your money ? Because that's the analogy.

When you buy a ticket off Ticketmaster, your confirmation clearly states block, row, seat number(s). So the moment that ticket ends up on sites like those I've mentioned above, that very information gets decimated down to either just block and row, or sometimes only even just block - no mention of row, let alone seat(s). And that doesn't trouble you ? In effect, you're just prepared to buy blind, or perhaps you really don't give a s**t about where you end up sitting ?

God almighty, you're easy to please ... ?

Just for the record. I've been to between 400-500 live concerts over the years, including 40+ Stones shows. I very much care about where I end up sitting and how much I pay for tickets. And, I know how to secure good seats. I would also note that quite often, Stubhub sellers will list seat numbers. Seat numbers can be critical - knowing that seat 41 is adjacent to the B-stage at the O2 arena was important for me back in 2007, that is for sure! But, in most cases, knowing section and row is good enough for me.

The large ticket agencies don't set the prices, the sellers do. The ticket agencies charge a fee for acting as an escrow service and as far as I am concerned, the service they provide is worth the peace of mind. If I lived in the city where the show was taking place, and had the time to do a cash exchange for every show I attend, then I would not need their services. But, in my line of work, my travel is usually determined a few days before I leave. Only when travel is definite can I think about whether I might be able to see a show - I am often buying tickets for myself and a client or friend from out of state or out of the country, and picking up tickets on show night.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home