Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 11, 2012 01:37

paulywaul
Saturday 10th 08:20 UK time ...

Up to 4 available on SEETICKETS

25th - block 107 row C
29th - block 103 row B

£406

Those a decent seats. If, based on seat number, they are located closer to the stage, then they are very good indeed.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 11, 2012 01:48

rrronnie
gotdablouse
That question came up yesterday in Bondy as some don't have their ticket yet and an option was getting them at the hotel before the show...I suppose you'd need to be in a hotel where Stones fans gather

Any idea what is the place to be???

Don't know, sorry, check the London hotels thread for details maybe, I'll be staying with a few other IORRs who posted the tip here at the Travelodge in Greenwich, a 3 mile walk from the O2, that could come in handy.

One thing I found hanging out in Bondy is that a lot of the stuff is "hush hush" not necessarily because people don't want to help out but because no one really seems to hold all the pieces/answers and are waiting for answers to their own questions.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 11, 2012 12:57

as people are wondering for 29th Nov. ticketmaster released tickets again, but in the 4hundreds for 406£

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 11, 2012 12:58

I think that it's only block 106 and 107 that have the extra rows and it stops at FF.

So Row A Block 106 is actually the 7th row.

I don't think it's top secret and it's the O2 that has the seat numbering system so a phone call to O2 box office before purchase might be an idea.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 11, 2012 13:32

drbryant
paulywaul

25th - block 107 row C
29th - block 103 row B

£406

Those a decent seats. If, based on seat number, they are located closer to the stage, then they are very good indeed.
Am I missing something here. 107 and 103 for £406 is an out and out rip-off. confused smiley

Posted by: flemi ()
Date: November 11, 2012 15:46

I'm french (sorry for my english!) and I want to buy a ticket on ebay. The seller has bought his ticket on eventim.co.uk

On the proof of purchase, reference number, admin ID, delivery address are not specified (but small cross). If you purchased tickets with Eventim, thanks to tell me if it's a regular use.

Date: November 11, 2012 17:40

crawdaddy
drbryant
paulywaul

25th - block 107 row C
29th - block 103 row B

£406

Am I missing something here. 107 and 103 for £406 is an out and out rip-off. confused smiley

Yep you have been asleep for 3 weeks these are the face value prices.
However, you are also right it is a rip off

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 11, 2012 19:12

They're crap seats!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 11, 2012 19:20

andy js
They're crap seats!

I fully agree andy js, I couldn't understand why drbryant said this ....

<<< Those are decent seats. If, based on seat number, they are located closer to the stage, then they are very good indeed >>>

Block 107 is at the ass end of the floor, you can't BE further away, and 103 is no great shakes either, especially not THOSE seat numbers that SEETICKETS were offering. I couldn't follow his/her logic ?

Whatever ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 11, 2012 22:12

I was in 2007 in bock 106 and it was fantastic there. way better than block 101, where I was at the first of the three shows. We bought tickets in block 101 the day of the show. those where the last ones which were sold. but there was a B-stage in 2007. that would make a difference. but you're not that far away in block 106/107. i think it is way better than any level 4 seat.

Date: November 11, 2012 22:25

hockenheim95
I was in 2007 in bock 106 and it was fantastic there. way better than block 101, where I was at the first of the three shows. We bought tickets in block 101 the day of the show. those where the last ones which were sold. but there was a B-stage in 2007. that would make a difference. but you're not that far away in block 106/107. i think it is way better than any level 4 seat.

Indeed, but the only trouble is that for these two gigs, there is no B stage, so I personally don't think those particular blocks are much good. But maybe some folk disagree, in which case ............ go to SEETICKETS and get those tickets, because they're still there for sale !!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 11, 2012 22:27

i have mine for block 106 Row E already :-)

Date: November 12, 2012 00:13

Strange .... I have just noticed that tongue pit ticket availability for both London dates has just significantly increased on Seatwave. Currently showing 74 tickets for the 25th and 59 tickets for the 29th - 22:10 Sunday 11th UK time. Where the hell have these suddenly appeared from ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-12 00:14 by paulywaul.

Date: November 12, 2012 00:43

exhpart
crawdaddy
drbryant
paulywaul

25th - block 107 row C
29th - block 103 row B

£406

I do realise they are face value.What I'm getting at is £406 for crap seats.
£406 for the pit and A and B is far too much,so who would consider 107 and 103 as decent seats apart from drbryant ???? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 12, 2012 00:48

It's now only two weeks to go. I wonder where all these standing tickets are going to go!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:00

Am I missing something here....tonight there are 459 tickets for sale on e-bay, not exactly "hundreds" of tickets available as has been reported elsewhere here. It does seem to me that some people really want these concerts to be poorly attended for reasons I cannot fathom. Yes the ticket prices are high, but if some of these relatively few tickets on e-bay (less than 3% of the capacity of the O2) go unsold and the sellers catch a cold then isn't that....good news? and before anyone asks, I'm not filthy rich but my wife and I decided that we would treat ourselves one more time ( and I have a lot of doubt about "next year" for gigs, but I hope I'm wrong) so we are both in the O2 pit on the 29th, I will be there on the 25th and I'm going to be in Newark for the 15th, and I'm not going to apologise to anybody for spending some of my retirement money on what we enjoy.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:07

chriseganstar
Am I missing something here....tonight there are 459 tickets for sale on e-bay, not exactly "hundreds" of tickets available as has been reported elsewhere here. It does seem to me that some people really want these concerts to be poorly attended for reasons I cannot fathom. Yes the ticket prices are high, but if some of these relatively few tickets on e-bay (less than 3% of the capacity of the O2) go unsold and the sellers catch a cold then isn't that....good news? and before anyone asks, I'm not filthy rich but my wife and I decided that we would treat ourselves one more time ( and I have a lot of doubt about "next year" for gigs, but I hope I'm wrong) so we are both in the O2 pit on the 29th, I will be there on the 25th and I'm going to be in Newark for the 15th, and I'm not going to apologise to anybody for spending some of my retirement money on what we enjoy.

I hear ya Chris, good for you, hope you and your wife enjoy the shows. Give us a recap if you get the chance.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:11

Certainly will do....you gotta do what ya gotta do !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:19

Cheapest pit on Seatwave £2,200+++. Bastards. Stick to your guns people, we're the total hardcores and we're not paying that. Two weeks tonight Ll this becomes irrelevant anyway. Bring it on, bring it all on!
P.S. IS ROCKMAN COMING?? Terry?

Date: November 12, 2012 03:11

crawdaddy
exhpart
crawdaddy
drbryant
paulywaul

25th - block 107 row C
29th - block 103 row B

£406

I do realise they are face value.What I'm getting at is £406 for crap seats.
£406 for the pit and A and B is far too much,so who would consider 107 and 103 as decent seats apart from drbryant ???? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I wasn't making any comments on the price, just talking about the seats themselves. For anyone shorter than 170, those sections are better than the back half of the floor. I've sat in similar seats many times, and yes, I was 50^ rows away from the stage, but have always enjoyed the show. They certainly aren't "crap". Now if we are talking about value - I have never seen these kinds of seats priced at more than about 200 GBP, and for the Bigger Bang tour I think they were 175 GBP. So, yeah, I agree it's a rip-off. But, if you pay it, I am confident you'll enjoy the show. I am not as confident about those 400-level seats.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 12, 2012 03:16

chriseganstar
I'm not going to apologise to anybody for spending some of my retirement money on what we enjoy.

There is never a need to apologise about the way you spend your money.
Have a great time. After all, it's The Rolling Stones eh ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 12, 2012 06:14

Rolling Hansie
chriseganstar
I'm not going to apologise to anybody for spending some of my retirement money on what we enjoy.

There is never a need to apologise about the way you spend your money.
Have a great time. After all, it's The Rolling Stones eh ?

Absolutely. I bit the bullet for a show at the O2 and would have loved to go to NJ, but decided to take the family to Hawaii that weekend instead. Four nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for a little over the cost of one floor seat. Sand, sun and fresh air are, reportedly, free of charge. I'll try to find a friend's house and order the pay per view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-12 06:16 by drbryant.

Date: November 12, 2012 11:09

Good luck to you drbryant and chriseganstar on your trips you are making to London to see The Stones.
As others have said,it is your hard earned money and you can spend it on what you like.I can see chriseganstar has got pit tix and I hope drbrynt has got some good tix.
I admire both of yours determination and ''get on with it,because thats what I want'' attitude.
I hope you enjoy your 4 nights in Hawaii with the family as well.
Have a great time. winking smiley

Date: November 12, 2012 12:20

TomGreen
It's now only two weeks to go. I wonder where all these standing tickets are going to go!

Well one for the 25th is going to go here (to me) hopefully, but not at £924 thanks all the same - which is the lowest price I can currently see one for on Seatwave. It will for £406, or 5-10% above that at a stretch - but not more. Otherwise, I'll just stick with what I have in block 113

The part of all this that pisses me off is the blatant manipulation of the market. How come the number of standing tickets available for both the 25th and 29th on Seatwave suddenly jumped dramatically last night, where the blazes have these seats just appeared from ? And wherever it is they have appeared from, the key question really ought to be - why have they appeared on Seatwave (a secondary re-selling facility) at a markup, as opposed to Ticketmaster or Seetickets at face value ?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 12, 2012 12:20

chriseganstar

Surely if there are 459 tickets on eBay and there is said to be "hundreds" that is an accurate statement? You absolutely don't have to justify how you spend your money, you are going and I hope you have a great time. You say you can't fathom why people would want these concerts to be poorly attended - well one reason would be it would teach them that they can't ask that much next time thus benefiting everyone except the Stones. A sellout with a thriving secondary market would tell them to charge more next time. As it happens, I think it will be more or less full but the scalpers will catch a bit of a cold and I'm certainly pleased about that.

Date: November 12, 2012 12:29

chriseganstar

No-one's asking you to apologise, where'd you get that idea from ?

The idea of the thread is to help people stay in touch with ticket drops from the primary agencies so as to avoid having to capitulate to the excessive, fraudulent, and highly manipulated demands of the secondary market, and to not fall victim to paying more than necessary - for what is at face value an expensive enough ticket as it is. Nothing more and nothing less, certainly not a criticism of anyone that chooses to spend their own dosh in any which way they like ....

Date: November 12, 2012 12:37

rebelrebel
chriseganstar

Surely if there are 459 tickets on eBay and there is said to be "hundreds" that is an accurate statement? You absolutely don't have to justify how you spend your money, you are going and I hope you have a great time. You say you can't fathom why people would want these concerts to be poorly attended - well one reason would be it would teach them that they can't ask that much next time thus benefiting everyone except the Stones. A sellout with a thriving secondary market would tell them to charge more next time. As it happens, I think it will be more or less full but the scalpers will catch a bit of a cold and I'm certainly pleased about that.

I agree, I think it will be more or less full, but i do think the scalpers will catch one hell of a cold, and I for one am delighting in seeing more and more tangible desperation among sellers in trying to rid themselves of tickets that they originally thought they could make a hefty profit on.

Having said that I think it will be more or less full, I wouldn't be at all surprised however if the upper 400 blocks aren't crammed to capacity, and I also wouldn't be surprised to have heard in due course after the shows that the O2 ushers moved people down from the upper blocks into unoccupied seats in some of the lower tier blocks .... as supposedly happened during the 2007 O2 shows ? At least I think it did, someone confirm please ?

Date: November 12, 2012 12:47

Yes, Paul, the O2 ushers were indeed offering 'free upgrades' at that show.

Date: November 12, 2012 12:53

Tickets for the US shows are selling on Stubhub - total available tickets has dropped 5-10% for both nights. Still 2400 available for the 13th and 1900 for the 15th.

Date: November 12, 2012 12:59

Grrr indeed! I was just about to bite the proverbial and buy one of the halfway decent 1st tier tickets from seetickets.com

When I pressed "buy tickets" they added a 2.31 "transaction charge" to make a grand total of 408.31 GBP

That was it - the straw that broke the camels back!
I'll be outside offering 50 quid both nights

Sorry just wanted to spread the anger

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home