Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 9, 2012 19:38

Just got offered Block 107 Row B for Sun 25th or Block 103 Row A for Thurs 29th at the O2
I still haven't bitten but better seats than previously being offered
On seetickets.com
Unfortunately still 406 of your Earth pounds

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 9, 2012 19:54

exhpart
Just got offered Block 107 Row B for Sun 25th or Block 103 Row A for Thurs 29th at the O2
I still haven't bitten but better seats than previously being offered
On seetickets.com
Unfortunately still 406 of your Earth pounds

I suspect that for most folks on here still looking it'll only really start getting interesting when they begin offering seats in the lower tier rows in blocks 111/112 and 102/101, but 103 row A is at least moving down the side away from 106/107 - which are about as far away from the stage as you could possibly be. SEETICKETS have been struggling to fill those two particular blocks up for a few weeks now ............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 9, 2012 20:07

I quite like 106 and 107 as they are direct view. Having said that I've got a funny feeling that Row B actually isn't the 2nd row. Don't they do a weird AA,BB,CC thing just to make life even harder? So if you settle for a 1st tier seat (as I'm tempted to do, just to guarantee entry) you really want Row AA. Anyone know for sure?

Date: November 9, 2012 20:11

exhpart
I quite like 106 and 107 as they are direct view. Having said that I've got a funny feeling that Row B actually isn't the 2nd row. Don't they do a weird AA,BB,CC thing just to make life even harder? So if you settle for a 1st tier seat (as I'm tempted to do, just to guarantee entry) you really want Row AA. Anyone know for sure?

<<< I quite like 106 and 107 as they are direct view >>>

Really ? Not too far away from the stage end for you ? God, personally I'd hate that location. I reckon 101 and the stage end of 102 on one side, and 112 and stage end of 111 on the other - are probably the best spots. As a matter of interest, have you ever set foot in the uppper tier blocks in the O2 ? Yikes, I nearly got vertigo up there, jeez that is high up there !

Posted by: Memorymotel62 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 20:28

paulywaul
exhpart

Really ? Not too far away from the stage end for you ? God, personally I'd hate that location. I reckon 101 and the stage end of 102 on one side, and 112 and stage end of 111 on the other - are probably the best spots. As a matter of interest, have you ever set foot in the uppper tier blocks in the O2 ? Yikes, I nearly got vertigo up there, jeez that is high up there !

101/102, 111/112, do we still think there will be some offers from the officials TM or Seetickets...? I surely hope so...

Date: November 9, 2012 20:38

paulywaul
exhpart

I have Paul! I went to all 3 concerts at the O2 in Aug 07 and having spent so much money I restrained myself on the last night and sat in Row A Block 421 (and on the 4th tier Row A definitely is the front row) and yes it is high. So high you didn't want to stand up. I would not go back up there unless it was to see The Second Coming

106 and 107 are a long way back but the B stage was right in front of us and this tongue stage looks as though it will reach well into the arena also. So I do think block 106/107 Row A (or Row AA) is a pretty good ticket if you don't want all the hospitality bollocks some people are paying for

Date: November 9, 2012 20:39

Memorymotel62
paulywaul
exhpart

101/102, 111/112, do we still think there will be some offers from the officials TM or Seetickets...? I surely hope so...

I'm sincerely hoping so myself. I suspect there will be further drops from TM & SEE, and little by little I'd guess they'll be lower letter rows than the proverbial U/V/W/X/Y/Z we've seen to date, and somewhat closer to the stage than 104/105/106/107/108/109. Question is "when", and that's really why I started this thread ... so that when those drops occur, people can notify one another.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 9, 2012 20:59

paulywaul
have you ever set foot in the uppper tier blocks in the O2 ? Yikes, I nearly got vertigo up there, jeez that is high up there !

Yes mate, I turned up at a Prince gig and kept getting direct UP. In the end it seemed the seats were about 5 rows from the very back

I took one look, and thought @#$%& that. I asked the security bloke and they moved me down nearer the front of level 4

Horrendous!

Date: November 9, 2012 21:00

Yep I did get the point of the thread. That's why I posted about seetickets.com having tickets for sale tonight whereas (at the moment) TM still saying sold out and steering you to GetMeIn

Date: November 9, 2012 21:27

exhpart
Yep I did get the point of the thread. That's why I posted about seetickets.com having tickets for sale tonight whereas (at the moment) TM still saying sold out and steering you to GetMeIn

<<< TM still saying sold out and steering you to GetMeIn >>>

Indeed, "steering" being the key word in this context ....

Date: November 10, 2012 10:20

Saturday 10th 08:20 UK time ...

Up to 4 available on SEETICKETS

25th - block 107 row C
29th - block 103 row B

£406

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 10, 2012 10:32

exhpart
I quite like 106 and 107 as they are direct view.

Me too...yes, they are right at the back, but not up in the gods...and the O2 isn't that big, not like being at the back of say, Wembley stadium. what gives the O2 it's capacity is all the raked seating way up high.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 10, 2012 10:35

paulywaul

As a matter of interest, have you ever set foot in the uppper tier blocks in the O2 ? Yikes, I nearly got vertigo up there, jeez that is high up there !

Agreed, only been there once, for Muse a couple of years back. Really would prefer to stay down on the lower tier if at all possible, the O2 is worse than the Albert Hall in that respect.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 10, 2012 11:30

106 and 107 are a long way back but the B stage was right in front of us and this tongue stage looks as though it will reach well into the arena

Does the stage surround the pit area with Mick able to go all round the outside and maybe facing the A blocks and back to the main stage ???
I just assumed the stage was at the front of the pit,and if you were sitting in A blocks,you had the lucky pit tix holders in front of you all the time. eye rolling smiley

Date: November 10, 2012 12:50

crawdaddy
106 and 107 are a long way back but the B stage was right in front of us and this tongue stage looks as though it will reach well into the arena

Does the stage surround the pit area with Mick able to go all round the outside and maybe facing the A blocks and back to the main stage ???
I just assumed the stage was at the front of the pit,and if you were sitting in A blocks,you had the lucky pit tix holders in front of you all the time. eye rolling smiley

I think it's the Super Bowl stage. Did you ever see that?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2012 12:59

Yes the consensus seems to be that they will be reusing the Superbowl stage as they've apparently kept every stage they've ever used...but it seems a bit deep to me for the O2, doesn't look right to me when comparing both :

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 10, 2012 13:23

I agree it looks too long. I think there was talk somewhere (maybe something Ronnie said?) of it being a new stage - i.e., the same but smaller. We'll find out soon enough!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 10, 2012 14:15

Well that was for at stadium, it would not fit in an arena. I reckon it will be half that size, except it does not look like 500 people could fit in a smaller pit unless it is wider. Tell you what having floor seating could be a waste of time given the height of the tongue walkway, hmmm.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 10, 2012 14:40

My tickets came today for Bloack 107 row D. Still hoping better ones become available and will then eBay these (for 99p start bid no reserve!) so tickets should now be coming into hands.

Want standing tickets within the tongue very desperately but time is running out.

To the person that was aksing about lower tier rows, A is the very front and AA would be row 27, BB 28 etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-10 14:41 by TomGreen.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 10, 2012 15:14

AA is 27 ! WTF ! I presumed it would be row 2 !eye popping smiley

How many more tricks can be played on us? If you see a gibbering wreck outside of the Pilot Inn on the 25th, it's not a beggar........ just me needing a hug after all this stress.sad smiley

sc uk

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 10, 2012 15:16

Don't know about a hug mate but I'll prop you up!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 10, 2012 15:17

there are tickets now available on seetickets for both shows level 1. i think there will be a lot of empty seats. the shows will sell out but thousands of tickets will rest in the hands of scalpers...

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 10, 2012 16:28

I'm really thinking of flying to London one day before the show without having a ticket in hand. As a "regular" fos fan (90% of all Stones shows I attended was front row standing!) I wouldn't accept seats up in the clouds or similar.So how crazy is my idea to fly there hoping to get lower tier seats at a price less than face value? And where would be the place to find "desperate scalpers" if not outside the O2?

Date: November 10, 2012 16:57

That question came up yesterday in Bondy as some don't have their ticket yet and an option was getting them at the hotel before the show...I suppose you'd need to be in a hotel where Stones fans gather...

TomGreen
To the person that was aksing about lower tier rows, A is the very front and AA would be row 27, BB 28 etc.

Are you sure ? I saw a floor plan for the tennis games and AA seemed to be first row in the bottom.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 10, 2012 17:24

Looked at another chart and it is the reverse of what I said (as what you said). It was defintely the case where AA was 27 but I guess it might have been changed. I'm slightly pissed off now as I have row D tickets. Would like to know what the case is currently.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 10, 2012 17:27

rrronnie
I'm really thinking of flying to London one day before the show without having a ticket in hand. As a "regular" fos fan (90% of all Stones shows I attended was front row standing!) I wouldn't accept seats up in the clouds or similar.So how crazy is my idea to fly there hoping to get lower tier seats at a price less than face value? And where would be the place to find "desperate scalpers" if not outside the O2?

I was thinking the same way. I did see 90% of the Stones concerts I attended since 1982 from a standing front row place. It is still hard to accept that I have to pay around 400 GBP to be seated on an upper level.
The problem is when tickets are offered, that you don`t know if the seats are good, cause I don`t know the venue.
But I had made the experience that sometimes on so called "sold out" concerts it`s easier to find desperate scalpers then on other concerts, cause just a few people try to find some tickets and the majority stay at home thinking there is no chance to get one and if, then it`s too expensive. So it could be the way to go..

Tom

Date: November 10, 2012 17:51

straycatuk
AA is 27 ! WTF ! I presumed it would be row 2 !eye popping smiley

How many more tricks can be played on us? If you see a gibbering wreck outside of the Pilot Inn on the 25th, it's not a beggar........ just me needing a hug after all this stress.sad smiley

sc uk

I think AA is front row 1st tier 106 and 107

Date: November 10, 2012 18:23

Here is the chart I was refering to :

Confusing that only 106 and 107 have an AA and how does it work, AA, BB, CC,...,ZZ, A ? Or does the double letter stop at some point ? One would hope so and if they did that because 106/107 are longer then it would make sense. What's also confusing is that Seetickets are offering seats numbered 223 in 107...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-10 20:40 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 10, 2012 21:24

gotdablouse
That question came up yesterday in Bondy as some don't have their ticket yet and an option was getting them at the hotel before the show...I suppose you'd need to be in a hotel where Stones fans gather

Any idea what is the place to be???

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 11, 2012 01:23

I was checking the seats being offered on secondary markets, and based on the rows listed, it looks like the floor runs about 45 rows. That's pretty close to the number of rows they typically have on the floor, so the tongue part of the stage isn't that wide. On the other hand, the tix I've seen for Section A2 seem to only extend for less than 10 rows, so maybe the tongue portion juts out into Section A2 for about 10-12 rows.

Frankly, it seems like a completely new stage is being prepared.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home