Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:39

gotdablouse

Nice tix being released, too bad they're only the £406 ones...
I check regularly just being curious. Seats for 25th are in upper tier around 404/5 and for 29th still way back lower 106/7 but between A-F. All are for 406 £

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 16:39 by Grison.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:10

Grison
gotdablouse

I check regularly just being curious. Seats for 25th are in upper tier around 404/5 and for 29th still way back lower 106/7 but between A-F. All are for 406 £

The thing that's puzzling to me is the sheer quantity of seats in these blocks and rows that appears to still be available; blocks 106 & 107 and rows A to F lets say. I also check just out of curiosity, and of course in the forlorn hope that things in either 101, 112, or the pit will come up. I know the agencies drip feed these seats through in small quantitities over a succession of days, and they'll keep doing that right up until showtime, but I'm still a bit amazed that every single search I do when they do show up as available seems to bring up 4 adjacent (the max) - no problem at all. So all this "sold out" nonsense really does appear to be exactly that - nonsense.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 17:11 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:39

paulywaul
Grison
gotdablouse

The thing that's puzzling to me is the sheer quantity of seats in these blocks and rows that appears to still be available; blocks 106 & 107 and rows A to F lets say. I also check just out of curiosity, and of course in the forlorn hope that things in either 101, 112, or the pit will come up. I know the agencies drip feed these seats through in small quantitities over a succession of days, and they'll keep doing that right up until showtime, but I'm still a bit amazed that every single search I do when they do show up as available seems to bring up 4 adjacent (the max) - no problem at all. So all this "sold out" nonsense really does appear to be exactly that - nonsense.

Wish I knew someone on Dispatches or some other investigative reporter willing tio take this up. I reckon this debacle would blow the whole gig tickets/secondary ticket agency thing sky high and into the open.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:45

woody
Hi
I know i am suspicious
they guy says he won them at work, they are being dispatched today, he thinks the face value is £50 and he does not like the stones.
the saving grace is that he has asked for £100 deposit with the rest being paid when i meet him for the tickets.
Surely if it was a rip off he would want it all.
He wants a bank transfer into his account.
Have I any come back with the bank ?

There were no tickets at £50. The CHEAPEST tickets were £106 (£95 plus fees) - and theyre nosebleeds and very few and far between.

You're being ripped off, unfortunately. If he got them for nothing he's still quids in even if you give him anything.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:06

Gazza
woody
Hi
I know i am suspicious
they guy says he won them at work, they are being dispatched today, he thinks the face value is £50 and he does not like the stones.
the saving grace is that he has asked for £100 deposit with the rest being paid when i meet him for the tickets.
Surely if it was a rip off he would want it all.
He wants a bank transfer into his account.
Have I any come back with the bank ?

There were no tickets at £50. The CHEAPEST tickets were £106 (£95 plus fees) - and theyre nosebleeds and very few and far between.

You're being ripped off, unfortunately. If he got them for nothing he's still quids in even if you give him anything.

NO TICKETS HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED YET. Don't transfer the money. YOU WILL BE ROBBED !

sc uk

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2012 20:41

Too late, they're meeting up on Friday -> [www.iorr.org]

@paulywaul - what's this agency business you're talking about? Assuming brokers had bought blocks they couldn't be feeding them back in the official system ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:34

gotdablouse

@paulywaul - what's this agency business you're talking about? Assuming brokers had bought blocks they couldn't be feeding them back in the official system ?

I hate people getting ripped off. Hopefully this will turn into a good news story.

Date: November 1, 2012 09:36

gotdablouse

What I mean by "agencies" are the primary ticket outlets, like Ticketmaster, SEETICKETS, and Eventim.

These organisations are drip-feeding us little clusters of seats, that's why I started this thread, to help keep people informed of when these ticket drops occur. The allocations to brokers are a separate thing altogether, but these will eventually find their way back to the primary agencies (much closer to the dates of the shows) - when they have failed to sell at the inflated prices the brokers were hoping for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 10:02 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 1, 2012 09:42

I much agree with Paulywaul. on Ebay.co.uk there are no new auctions for the Stones tickets and only a small amount of offers holding any bids. It may take another week until the 400 upper tier seats will be available for less money, but still "Face Value" as indicate on the price levels of ticket master. There will be a hit and run on the tickets. I think the best chance to obtain fairly good tickets in all levels will start around the 8-10th November.

For people not living in the UK it might be difficult to get a cheap flight or hotel accommodation which might fit their budget needs. For that reason I was so flattered and bought high price tickets as I was able to book cheaper flights and hotels into London. So everybody has to find his way to work such things out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 09:44 by Grison.

Date: November 1, 2012 09:48

1st November 07:50 UK time

Ticketmaster, 25th, block 404 available (£406)

Date: November 1, 2012 10:58

Grison
I much agree with Paulywaul. on Ebay.co.uk there are no new auctions for the Stones tickets and only a small amount of offers holding any bids. It may take another week until the 400 upper tier seats will be available for less money, but still "Face Value" as indicate on the price levels of ticket master. There will be a hit and run on the tickets. I think the best chance to obtain fairly good tickets in all levels will start around the 8-10th November.

For people not living in the UK it might be difficult to get a cheap flight or hotel accommodation which might fit their budget needs. For that reason I was so flattered and bought high price tickets as I was able to book cheaper flights and hotels into London. So everybody has to find his way to work such things out.

<<< I think the best chance to obtain fairly good tickets in all levels will start around the 8-10th November >>>

I agree, or even later in fact. Certainly when we get to say 15th November, and the first show is just 10 days away, that is when I think we'll begin to see serious "price adjustements" downwards .........

Date: November 1, 2012 12:44

Check yr email Paul.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:48

Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately the stress of it all is leaving me a zombie due to lack of sleep! Will all be worth it in the end!

Date: November 1, 2012 12:53

flairville
Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately the stress of it all is leaving me a zombie due to lack of sleep! Will all be worth it in the end!

Hope so Ben, it's like a game of poker....hold your nerve...don't move too soon!

Date: November 1, 2012 13:01

Silver Dagger
Check yr email Paul.

Replied to you ......

Date: November 1, 2012 15:05

Thursday 1st Nov 13:00 UK time

SEETICKETS
Sunday 25th
Block 106, row B - available now

Date: November 1, 2012 15:10

paulywaul

SEETICKETS
Sunday 25th

Also ....

Thursday 29th
Block 106, row F and block 107 row D

All tix £406

Man, they're having difficulty shifting these .... they keep listing them and then taking them off for 24 hours or so, and then subsequently re-listing them.

Date: November 1, 2012 15:14

paulywaul
paulywaul

SEETICKETS
Sunday 25th

Also ....

Thursday 29th

All tix £406

Man, they're having difficulty shifting these .... they keep listing them and then taking them off for 24 hours or so, and then subsequently re-listing them.

They're starting to get twitchy. But there's still time before those ticket prices drop drop drop. I think quite a few people will gte in for less than face value.

I don't think that I paid full price for a London Stones show at any of those Wembley Stadium gigs from 82 right throught till 99. I just waited until 30 mins before they started and got in for usually less than half price.

Date: November 1, 2012 15:25

Silver Dagger
paulywaul
paulywaul

SEETICKETS
Sunday 25th

Also ....

Thursday 29th

All tix £406

They're starting to get twitchy. But there's still time before those ticket prices drop drop drop. I think quite a few people will gte in for less than face value.

I don't think that I paid full price for a London Stones show at any of those Wembley Stadium gigs from 82 right throught till 99. I just waited until 30 mins before they started and got in for usually less than half price.

Just bear in mind that you do not find scalpers in person at North Greenwich tube station or that whole area between the station and the actual venue, open touting is banned and the O2 does enforce it - and enforce it well. It would be fair to say that of the countless times I've been to the O2 by now, I have never once seen people touting tickets in and around that location. Not once.

So if you're thinking you're gonna play the waiting game till 30 minutes before showtime, bear that in mind - it won't work I'd suggest. I'd think that the day before or the morning of the show itself ought to be your cut-off point; that would still give you time to pick up a last minute ticket from a central London location if you buy it off a secondary site - or else arrange to meet a person somewhere if it's an ebay job or something like that.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 15:42

paulywaul
Silver Dagger
paulywaul
paulywaul

SEETICKETS
Sunday 25th

Also ....

Thursday 29th

All tix £406

Just bear in mind that you do not find scalpers in person at North Greenwich tube station or that whole area between the station and the actual venue, open touting is banned and the O2 does enforce it - and enforce it well. It would be fair to say that of the countless times I've been to the O2 by now, I have never once seen people touting tickets in and around that location. Not once.

So if you're thinking you're gonna play the waiting game till 30 minutes before showtime, bear that in mind - it won't work I'd suggest. I'd think that the day before or the morning of the show itself ought to be your cut-off point; that would still give you time to pick up a last minute ticket from a central London location if you buy it off a secondary site - or else arrange to meet a person somewhere if it's an ebay job or something like that.

Thanks for the advice.

Was thinking of travelling down from Brum on the 29th and hoping to get one of the £106 tickets, will have to have another look at this now.

Date: November 1, 2012 16:35

odean73
paulywaul
Silver Dagger
paulywaul
paulywaul

SEETICKETS
Sunday 25th

Also ....

Thursday 29th

All tix £406

Thanks for the advice.

Was thinking of travelling down from Brum on the 29th and hoping to get one of the £106 tickets, will have to have another look at this now.

Yep, it's a fact ... there simply is no scalping that takes place on the ground at the O2. If you're not already in possession of a ticket by the time you get off that tube at North Greenwich (the only exception being that you're going to pick one up from the O2 box office) - you have unfortunately left it too late.

It's important to remember that, because at every other venue the Stones have played in the UK, and at lots of places they haven't ... the pavements outside these places are crawling with scalpers:

Wembley - the stadium and the arena
Twickenham - the stadium
Sheffield
Manchseter
Glasgow

Other venues - Royal Albert Hall for example

So don't assume that it works the same at the O2, because it doesn't !!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:37

paulywaul
Just bear in mind that you do not find scalpers in person at North Greenwich tube station or that whole area between the station and the actual venue, open touting is banned and the O2 does enforce it - and enforce it well. It would be fair to say that of the countless times I've been to the O2 by now, I have never once seen people touting tickets in and around that location.

This is bad. What if someone (legitimate) has an extra ticket they want to sell at face value. They can't? Also, I was kind of hoping to score a ticket this way. Hope there will be some at the box office I suppose.

Date: November 1, 2012 16:47

frankotero
paulywaul
Just bear in mind that you do not find scalpers in person at North Greenwich tube station or that whole area between the station and the actual venue, open touting is banned and the O2 does enforce it - and enforce it well. It would be fair to say that of the countless times I've been to the O2 by now, I have never once seen people touting tickets in and around that location.

This is bad. What if someone (legitimate) has an extra ticket they want to sell at face value. They can't? Also, I was kind of hoping to score a ticket this way. Hope there will be some at the box office I suppose.

I have physically witnessed an O2 "enforcer" intervene when something quite innocent like that was probably going on between two people. I didn't hang around to see how the "conversation" concluded, but the message is clear - that exchanging tickets for money in and around the area between North Greenwich station and the main entrance to the venue (a couple of hundred yards) is not allowed, simple as that. They're hot on it, they do enforce it, and if you turn up with a spare, expecting to offload it there and then, you will not find it at all easy to do without attracting unwanted attention. Similarly, if you're turning up with the idea of finding no shortage of people hanging around outside selling cut-price tickets, you will be very badly disappointed.

Don't say you haven't been warned, and don't bother debating the fairness or unfairness of it .... it's simply the way it is, and you'd be doing yourself a favour if you just recognised it. If you turn up without a ticket, at the O2 itself - the box office will be your only option at that point in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 16:51 by paulywaul.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:48

They'll never shift these shit back of the arena or upper tier seats for face value. I fully expect em to drop price a LOT or end up doing 2 for 1's on em

Date: November 1, 2012 16:50

andy js
They'll never shift these shit back of the arena or upper tier seats for face value. I fully expect em to drop price a LOT or end up doing 2 for 1's on em

Agree fully ... that "upper tier" for £406 ? Err, don't think so !!

Date: November 1, 2012 16:51

frankotero
paulywaul

Whilst Pauly is correct, there is often a certain amount of 'stealth scalping' going on. You won't see the "Buy or Sell any tickets" merchants around though.

Date: November 1, 2012 17:01

Manofwealthandtaste
frankotero
paulywaul

Whilst Pauly is correct, there is often a certain amount of 'stealth scalping' going on. You won't see the "Buy or Sell any tickets" merchants around though.

Really ? I've actually spent time there sometimes (when I've arrived early and been bored) actively looking for scalpers, and there simply haven't been any to be seen ? So if there's been any "stealth scalping" going on, it must've been "super stealthy" .... and f***ing well hidden from view !!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:44

I believe the reason scalping is not allowed within the O2 vicinity is because - unlike outside other venues - it's all private property.

Date: November 1, 2012 17:48

Beast
I believe the reason scalping is not allowed within the O2 vicinity is because - unlike outside other venues - it's all private property.

Yes, I have heard that too. Whatever the reason though, the fact of the matter is that possibly with the exception of a little very covertly and stealthy conducted activity, scalping does not take place within the O2 vicinity.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:35

Hi P.W. & Beast,

Yep, that's exactly the reson and you are spot-on re the absence of scalpers/touts around the O2.
As you say, fore-warned is fore-armed. Or somesuch old cobblers, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home