Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 24
Re: OT : Lance Armstrong
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 8, 2012 15:05

sweetcharmedlife
Haters gonna be hating....espicially the Euros.

Sweet Charmed, among us Europeans the word europhile is used as an abusive word these days. So the hating is mostly self-hatred.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 8, 2012 15:57

sweetcharmedlife

It's not only Armstrong...

People didn't like Riis, Ulrich, Pantani, Contador, Zülle, Virenque etc. either - it was not an anti-US thing, it was an anti-doping thing - specially those that refused to admit the usage of doing.

The same with other sports - fx. runners, weightlifters, swimmers etc.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: July 8, 2012 16:15

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 8, 2012 06:39

Three pages about this. Who cares, man. Guy rides a bicycle. Life's too short to care about a guy rides a damn bicycle.

That's like saying..."a whole site for a bunch of old farts who hardly ever play"
There's a life out there.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 8, 2012 18:42

sweetcharmedlife

What a load of crock
Armstrong is accused by the USADA

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-08 18:44 by Rolling Hansie.

Date: July 8, 2012 18:52

Rolling Hansie
sweetcharmedlife

What a load of crock

Hansie, if even you begin to use this kind of slang, well, then where will it end?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 9, 2012 00:52

sweetcharmedlife

Balony, he's not just any cyclist, he won the TdF a record number of times, and has always vehemently denied any use of dope. Has nothing to do with his native country. And now he is accused by the US anti dope agency. Go figure.

Date: July 9, 2012 01:17

kleermaker
this kind of slang

A load of crock is not slang.

-------------------

Date: July 9, 2012 01:19

Koen
he is accused by the US anti dope agency

Exactly. And that's the reason why I referred to sweetcharmedlife's post as "a load of crock"

-------------------

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 9, 2012 01:25

Rolling Hansie
Koen

Exactly. And that's the reason why I referred to sweetcharmedlife's post as "a load of crock"
The USADA didn't start this thread or harped on Lance on this forum for years. No offense to you Hansie. But take a look at the Fourth of July thread....Yeah,their is a distinct anti-american slant on this board. Has been for years. BV does nothing to stop it.That's not a load of crock. Just fact.

Date: July 9, 2012 01:32

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
this kind of slang

A load of crock is not slang.

It is. Unless slang is the language you're used to use. But I can't imagine that in your case.

[www.thefreedictionary.com]:

crock 1 (krok)
n.
a. An earthenware vessel.
b. A broken piece of earthenware.
2. Slang Foolish talk; nonsense: That story is just a crock.

Date: July 9, 2012 02:15

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 9, 2012 01:25

Rolling Hansie
Koen

The USADA didn't start this thread or harped on Lance on this forum for years. No offense to you Hansie. But take a look at the Fourth of July thread....Yeah,their is a distinct anti-american slant on this board. Has been for years. BV does nothing to stop it.That's not a load of crock. Just fact.

I started this thread, the same way I started the Tour de France thread last year.
I like sports and specially cycling and the L.A. case is big news.
It has nothing to do with nacionality. I don't see people on this board bashing bands that dont belong to their continent. There is so much great stuff in the US
and reasons to be proud of your country. And believe or not, in this case having an organization like the USADA is something americans should be proud of.
I live in a country where justice is a joke and what the USADA is doing is something admirable. Sad to see the hopes and dreams of so many being let down, but is not by this thread. Is by the actions and lies of L.A.

Date: July 9, 2012 07:19

Probably Federer is full of dope as well.
He is paying the authorities not to being tested.
Federer's story is too good to be true.

Date: July 9, 2012 14:25

mtaylor

Tennis is a totally different sport from athletics and cycling. It's almost all about technics and insight. Federer is at the top of his game, being 30 years old. He has been 'out' for a while because of private matters (if you are as mega rich as he is, you can permit that yourself). But then he started to concentrate on tennis again. His technics and insight haven't gone of course, he could work on his condition etc. He has the best equipment (private coach, private physiotherapist and so on). Besides dope doesn't work that well in sports like tennis. I think it rather works counter-productively.

Date: July 9, 2012 15:25

kleermaker
Besides dope doesn't work that well in sports like tennis. I think it rather works counter-productively.

You mean like this ? smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 9, 2012 16:42

Funny.........

mtaylor

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 9, 2012 17:16

well it's sometimes weird that he never seems to be tired at all !

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 9, 2012 17:23

The fall of Lance Armstrong was much awaited as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, de^spite the injections he worked a lot to win 7 tours, and he has a talent. So many competitors were boosted and he still was the "best" among them.

What made me hate him was his arrongance and his neo-con, anti-french positions when suspected. I'm glad he's getting caught.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: July 9, 2012 17:42

if he loses the yellow jersey for any year it 's not very interresting for the second place finishers for me
alex zulle
jan ullrich etc

was the competition not great in those years ?

Date: July 9, 2012 19:24

kleermaker
mtaylor

Tennis is a totally different sport from athletics and cycling. It's almost all about technics and insight. Federer is at the top of his game, being 30 years old. He has been 'out' for a while because of private matters (if you are as mega rich as he is, you can permit that yourself). But then he started to concentrate on tennis again. His technics and insight haven't gone of course, he could work on his condition etc. He has the best equipment (private coach, private physiotherapist and so on). Besides dope doesn't work that well in sports like tennis. I think it rather works counter-productively.

You forgot the physical strenght - continuing on and on.
If you have more energy than your opponent - you will win in the last set. You are fresher than the opponent, you can think better, you can run longer, you can hit harder and you still have the "clear head" - all cfactors, that make you win a match.

Who remembers Juventus some years ago - why did they win so much, because they were doped, so they could run on and on.winking smiley

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 9, 2012 19:26

Lance is an embarrassment

Date: July 9, 2012 19:29

And the saga continues: [www.washingtonpost.com]

Date: July 9, 2012 20:31

mtaylor
kleermaker
mtaylor

If you have more energy than your opponent - you will win in the last set. You are fresher than the opponent, you can think better, you can run longer, you can hit harder and you still have the "clear head" - all cfactors, that make you win a match.

Who remembers Juventus some years ago - why did they win so much, because they were doped, so they could run on and on.winking smiley

Tennis on grass is more standing still and waiting than moving. Not to be compared with the harshness of cycling. But mtaylor surely knows more than me.

Date: July 10, 2012 18:19

kleermaker
mtaylor
kleermaker
mtaylor

Tennis on grass is more standing still and waiting than moving. Not to be compared with the harshness of cycling. But mtaylor surely knows more than me.
I like to play tennis - and I play it quite much.
Playing a match for more than 3 / 4 / 5 hours isn't just "piece of cake".
It requires good physical condition. It isn't just standing still - you have to hit hard / serve hard (about 200 km/h), run back and forth - be ready to "read" the opponents next game etc. - doing that for 3-4 hours requires a clear mind as well.

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: July 10, 2012 20:19

If LA doped then there is no point in supporting a fake legacy.

Question: If LA has this seven Tour titles taken away from him, who will get them? He basically beat riders who were also doping

I think there will be a lack of closure with LA & doping (very similar to Barry Bonds).

Date: July 10, 2012 20:56

mccparty
If LA doped then there is no point in supporting a fake legacy.

Question: If LA has this seven Tour titles taken away from him, who will get them? He basically beat riders who were also doping

I think there will be a lack of closure with LA & doping (very similar to Barry Bonds).
Andy Schleck didn't want to receive his 1'st place in 2010 after Contador had had a positiv test for doping. That will be the same with the ones being in 2nd place the years Armstrong did win.
By the way, Riis kept his 1'st place in TDF 1996 even if he, after some 10 years, admitted his doping usage during the 1996 TDF race.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 11, 2012 06:47

and we continue cleaning up the Tour de France.

3 collaborators of Lance Armstrong from the US Postal team, doctor Luis Garcia del Moral, Michele Ferrari and trainer "Pepe" Marti have been excluded for life.
It's good to get rid of the black sheep !
I want to thank and congratulate the Usada that announced its decision yesterday.
I wonder if they'll be as severe with LA.
Just wait and see.

Date: July 11, 2012 15:11

And the Tour is strenghtening their effort to keep it clean :

"Remy Di Gregorio of the Cofidis team was arrested in his team hotel for doping. Two others have been arrested in relation to the charge."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 11, 2012 15:32

jpasc95
and we continue cleaning up the Tour de France.

3 collaborators of Lance Armstrong from the US Postal team, doctor Luis Garcia del Moral, Michele Ferrari and trainer "Pepe" Marti have been excluded for life.

Everyone wondered why L.A. decided to make Spain (and not France or the U.K.) his Euro base : of course that had nothing to do with the fact that Spain was (and still is?) doping central in Western Europe...

Date: July 11, 2012 15:38

Maybe because he is from Texas and his Spanish is better than his French?

Date: July 11, 2012 15:41

So many allegations in so many years by so many people and organisations ... and still no proof of anything illegal

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home