Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24
Re: OT : Lance Armstrong
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 24, 2012 18:41

Max'sKansasCity
filstan
While Lance probably took performing enhancement drugs he avoided detection. I always thought he was doping yet this was in a time in cycling when it appeared many riders did so to remain competitive. What I am suggesting is that this was a level playing field. Lance clearly was very good at what he did. His lung capacity was considered to be abnormally high. He was driven to succeed and following a nasty bout with testicular cancer came back to race at a very high level for a long period of time. He gave alot back as well with his foundations. He also created lots of interest in the sport of cycling. It is a pity his record will be tarnished, but I will always hold him in high regard for his accomplishments, and for appearing to be a good human being.
thumbs up

I am still waiting for THEM to say when and where he failed the drug tests. Over the years I have read over and over where THEY reported many many others for failing tested and THEY gleefully went public with it and tossed those riders out.... but I never read where THEY said Lance Armstrong failed. Just a lot of haters and blah blahers blah blahing...

Today I read Lance say that he was done fighting about it.. and now so many seem to be taking such glee in it..... as if this is some kind of admitting he did it... He admittted nothing.

If he doped then tell the results... if not then shut the fk up.

ps
And the BS about give back the money? ... gimme a fkg break!

Many people were jealous of his success. They wanted him to fail in the worst way. The fact he was American also pissed people off in Europe. So yes, let's see the results of him failing tests, and see evidence of what he was actually taking that enhanced his cycling abilities? A witch hunt of the highest degree.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 24, 2012 18:51

filstan
Max'sKansasCity
filstan
While Lance probably took performing enhancement drugs he avoided detection. I always thought he was doping yet this was in a time in cycling when it appeared many riders did so to remain competitive. What I am suggesting is that this was a level playing field. Lance clearly was very good at what he did. His lung capacity was considered to be abnormally high. He was driven to succeed and following a nasty bout with testicular cancer came back to race at a very high level for a long period of time. He gave alot back as well with his foundations. He also created lots of interest in the sport of cycling. It is a pity his record will be tarnished, but I will always hold him in high regard for his accomplishments, and for appearing to be a good human being.
thumbs up

I am still waiting for THEM to say when and where he failed the drug tests. Over the years I have read over and over where THEY reported many many others for failing tested and THEY gleefully went public with it and tossed those riders out.... but I never read where THEY said Lance Armstrong failed. Just a lot of haters and blah blahers blah blahing...

Today I read Lance say that he was done fighting about it.. and now so many seem to be taking such glee in it..... as if this is some kind of admitting he did it... He admittted nothing.

ps

Many people were jealous of his success. They wanted him to fail in the worst way. The fact he was American also pissed people off in Europe. So yes, let's see the results of him failing tests, and see evidence of what he was actually taking that enhanced his cycling abilities? A witch hunt of the highest degree.

Yeah I didnt really wanna mention the (now standard) anti-American aspect... it just gets old.... but I did wonder if the glee level (Lance Armstrong hating level) around here would be quite as high if he was from Europe.

PS
I cant wait until The USA is seriously competitive in World Cup soccer, and it is just a matter of time... it is going to drive some people insane.... it is gonna be fun to watch... although (as we saw in the last WC) beating the refs and the other teams is going to be tough.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 18:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 19:01

Max'sKansasCity
filstan
Max'sKansasCity
filstan
thumbs up

ps

Yeah I didnt really wanna mention the (now standard) anti-American aspect... it just gets old.... but I did wonder if the glee level around here would be quite as high if he was from Europe.

PS
I cant wait until The USA is seriously competitive in World Cup soccer, and it is just a matter of time... it is going to drive some people insane.... it is gonna be fun to watch... although (as we saw in the last WC) beating the refs and the other teams is going to be tough.
yes I admit as a European that the US team showed very good things in 2010 in South Africa and I think that the US team will be interesting in 2014 in Brazil.
We'll see if they improved and if they're able to compete with the favourites.

Date: August 24, 2012 19:08

Rolling Hansie
jpasc95
I'm afraid you don't really want to read and hear all the facts and you are free to admire LA as much as you want.

I absolutely want to read all the facts of Armstrong doing something illegal. Please feel free to provide me with those facts, because I haven't seen them yet.
And another note, I have been watching and following Tour de France ever since I was a little kid, more than 50 years ago. So I much more liked the Tour de France in the old days. So you can imagine that I am not a fan of Lance Armstrong at all. But that doesn't mean that I am going to condemn him until he is proven guilty.
And until now, there is no proof.
I asked it before and I will ask it again: Maybe you can quote where in the article is proof for Armstrong doing something illegal.

Hans you are the man... smileys with beer

I have (usually) actually defered to your opinion, on many topics which I am not sure about, mainly because you seem to judge so fairly. You are a good man who can be trusted to be fair. And the day you say Armstrong is ...what ever he may or may not be... on that day I will feel the same... and probably agree with you.

Facts be known up until today I have not even posted here about Lance Armstrong... mainly because I probably would have just said "Whatever Hans says on this topic, that goes for me too".

Thank you for you assistance and contributions... from World Cup to Tour de France.... without you filling in the details, I would not have as much info or interest. And when I blah blah about anti-American sentiment... I am certainly NOT referring to you.

Date: August 24, 2012 19:15

jpasc95

yes I admit as a European that the US team showed very good things in 2010 in South Africa and I think that the US team will be interesting in 2014 in Brazil.
We'll see if they improved and if they're able to compete with the favourites.
smileys with beer
Thanks... I cant wait... I really am excited for Brazil, although I am not too overly optimistic for USA 2014... but from 2018, going forward, I think The USA will able to compete with the favourites becasue we now have a full crop of kids who have now grown on on soccer/football...as much as I dislike "soccer moms" driving in their SUVs like lunatics ( [www.fairfaxunderground.com] [i.qkme.me] )... I forgive em and I bless em for fueling the USA soccer/football effort.

And again I cant thank Hans enough for helping get up to speed on World Cup football/soccer.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 19:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 24, 2012 20:46

Max'sKansasCity
Yeah I didnt really wanna mention the (now standard) anti-American aspect...

Umm, he's being accused by the USADA:

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency Friday disqualified famed cyclist Lance Armstrong’s seven Tour de France titles and imposed a lifetime competition ban “as a result of his anti-doping rules violations,” the agency announced."

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 20:58

Koen
Max'sKansasCity
Yeah I didnt really wanna mention the (now standard) anti-American aspect...

Umm, he's being accused by the USADA:

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency Friday disqualified famed cyclist Lance Armstrong’s seven Tour de France titles and imposed a lifetime competition ban “as a result of his anti-doping rules violations,” the agency announced."

an accusation is just that. No physical evidence has ever been produced by the different entities who made these charges.
What you have is a bunch of former opponents who were defeated by an American in a European sport.
The French have been salivating to 'get' Armstrong for years and they just might have to let it go.
This, I imagine, is killing them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 20:59 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 24, 2012 21:10

The fact that he won't contest the charges is proof enough for me that he's guilty. He saw the handrwiting on the wall and it wasn't pretty. Better to bow out now and blame the process than to go through arbitration and be found guilty. It's the equivalent of a no-contest plea, which means he's guilty.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 24, 2012 21:16

gimmelittledrink
The fact that he won't contest the charges is proof enough for me that he's guilty. He saw the handrwiting on the wall and it wasn't pretty. Better to bow out now and blame the process than to go through arbitration and be found guilty. It's the equivalent of a no-contest plea, which means he's guilty.

To be clear, he has contested the charges for 10-15 years...that's not bowing out.
He's never been found guilty...if he beat this one they would take another run at him in a few years...I understand why he's done with it. But again...it's bike riding. We can't take it THAT seriously...

Date: August 24, 2012 21:52

He's as much admitted his guilt by not contesting the most recent USADA findings. Someone who fought against something for 15 years isn't going to give up unless there's a good reason.

Date: August 24, 2012 22:04

gimmelittledrink
He's as much admitted his guilt by not contesting the most recent USADA findings. Someone who fought against something for 15 years isn't going to give up unless there's a good reason.

Dammit gld, its BIKE RIDING!!!

Date: August 24, 2012 22:46

No, it's a big money sport. Hence the doping. Biking is what I do around the neighborhood. No need to dope up for that.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:56

gimmelittledrink
The fact that he won't contest the charges is proof enough for me that he's guilty.

Bullshit. Why should someone have to proof that he/she is innocent ? I always believed and I still do believe in the legal system that says: "Innocent until proven guilty".

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:01

hey Justin. maybe if you dope it might help you with your guitar playing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:13

Is there any proof of steroid use? He claims not. If these allegations are not true -then why not sue that committee or organization and donate to the cancer donations supported?

OT - Lance Armstrong stripped of all titles - banned for life
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 24, 2012 05:58

Re: OT - Lance Armstrong stripped of all titles - banned for life
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 24, 2012 06:01

sorry - hope this is not considered redundant with the other LA thread - sort of like Jagger at the Olympics- in my opinion, it deserves its own platform

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 24, 2012 06:18

Did Hank Williams really write all those songs?

Date: August 24, 2012 06:41

Send It To me
Did Hank Williams really write all those songs?

Yup he is quite a talent.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2012 09:32

...aawww leave him be ... after all they pump nitro in dragsters don't they

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 24, 2012 10:06

They may as well ban steak, too--iron, you know, a blood booster...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 24, 2012 13:15

Rockman

Yes.......yes they do !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2012 13:27

...Geeeeeeez Edith it's a wonder those guys don't end up wearin' a piston....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 24, 2012 13:47

This sentence is hysteric. Armstrong may not be a likeable person, but surviving cancer and winning the Tour seven times in a row afterwards is admireable. Will all cyclists who did the tour in the late nineties and early zeros be banned now?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 24, 2012 15:34

windmelody
This sentence is hysteric. Armstrong may not be a likeable person, but surviving cancer and winning the Tour seven times in a row afterwards is admireable. Will all cyclists who did the tour in the late nineties and early zeros be banned now?

What has surviving cancer to do with it? And is it admirable to win the tour 7 times completely doped up?

Mathijs

Date: August 24, 2012 15:36

windmelody

If they get caught like Armstrong did, I guess so.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 24, 2012 15:44

Mathijs
windmelody

What has surviving cancer to do with it? And is it admirable to win the tour 7 times completely doped up?

Mathijs

Of course, and Jan Ulrich, who was runner up three times behind Armstrong, could be four times tour winner, since his disqualification due to doping isn't valid previous to 2005. It is an absurd scenario ...

Date: August 24, 2012 15:52

I'm glad he stopped fighting. They've come at him a thousand times and would've done it a hundred more. I don't give a rats ass about bike sports...gave that up at 10 years old...but damn. how long can you sing the same song over and over and over and over...[sorry mick]

good on you Lance. You've done more for cancer awareness than any bike could ever carry.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: August 24, 2012 16:05

Rockman

Yes they are all doped, but as long as it is not allowed he (and all others as well) shouldn't be able to keep his titles. Don't forget he made over a hundert million dollars marketing this titles.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 24, 2012 16:13

firebird
Rockman

Yes they are all doped, but as long as it is not allowed he (and all others as well) shouldn't be able to keep his titles. Don't forget he made over a hundert million dollars marketing this titles.

Does he have to return the money (with interest)?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home