Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Keith on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 10, 2011 00:37

Thanks to Moy on Rocks Off for first posting this.
[music-mix.ew.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-14 21:10 by bv.

Re: Keith to Appear on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 10, 2011 01:11

Good, I'll be watching. My last week of FREEDOM before returning to work so I'll make the most of my time and stay up really late every night! I bet Keith plays!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 10, 2011 01:11

sweetcharmedlife
[music-mix.ew.com]
Jimmy Fallon is giving viewers two more reasons to lose a little sleep in honor of Bob Marley.

Last week, EW’s Music Mix announced that Late Night With Jimmy Fallon would spend this week paying tribute to Marley, with each of the week’s musical guests performing a classic cut by the reggae legend. Ziggy Marley, Chris Cornell, Jennifer Hudson, Jakob Dylan and Lenny Kravitz were already signed on for the salute (which kicks off tonight with Ziggy), and now the show has announced that Keith Richards and Lauryn Hill will both be joining in the fun.
Hill, who has had five children with Marley’s son Rohan, will be the musical guest on Thursday night’s show (May 12), when she is scheduled to perform a pair of songs in an extremely rare television appearance.

Meanwhile, Rolling Stones guitarist and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides star Richards will sit down with Fallon on Wednesday night (May 11) to chat about the movie, his recent best-selling autobiography and the current status of his seminal band.

He’s not currently scheduled to perform, but Richards has a hard time turning down opportunities to crank up his guitar, and considering his enthusiasm for reggae, it seems likely he’ll be tipping his pirate hat to Marley in some fashion.

Who are you most excited about seeing perform a Bob song on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon this week? What tracks should each artist try to tackle? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Date: May 10, 2011 01:18

Thanks for posting the whole article Max. Didn't get around to that part.>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: May 10, 2011 02:03

sweetcharmedlife
Thanks for posting the whole article Max. Didn't get around to that part.>grinning smiley<
my pleasure to assist smileys with beer we wouldnt want anyone around here having to work too hard ; ).... thank you for posting the link.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:20

Max'sKansasCity
He’s not currently scheduled to perform, but Richards has a hard time turning down opportunities to crank up his guitar,

LOL

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:25

Let's hope Jimmy can get past the gushing and get a good couple minutes with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 02:27 by Justin.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:29

While it would be great if Keith did perform, I would find it strange that he opted not to perform while appearing on the show to promote the EXILE Deluxe Edition last year, but would do so for Bob Marley Week. Consequently, I suspect he won't perform but rather will just promote the book and the movie. I do believe that Mick and Keith are trying to make the idea of a Rolling Stones performance more of an Event than ever before so that there is a buzz like there was with Mick's Grammy performance. There may be a sense of over-saturation given the number of live discs and concert DVD's and films and concert broadcasts that they want to build up a demand for them and have people thinking they might never see them again. Granted, such a strategy is a terrible gamble at their ages and considering health issues, but it is not impossible to imagine them gambling on just that.

Please note that my rare bit of optomistic speculation regarding the future does not constitute a refutation that I saw with my own eyes the signed contract by all living Stones guaranteeing they will NOT tour in 2012 on the OFFICIAL No Tour thread. That is a DONE DEAL.

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:31

Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
[music-mix.ew.com]
Jimmy Fallon is giving viewers two more reasons to lose a little sleep in honor of Bob Marley.

Last week, EW’s Music Mix announced that Late Night With Jimmy Fallon would spend this week paying tribute to Marley, with each of the week’s musical guests performing a classic cut by the reggae legend. Ziggy Marley, Chris Cornell, Jennifer Hudson, Jakob Dylan and Lenny Kravitz were already signed on for the salute (which kicks off tonight with Ziggy), and now the show has announced that Keith Richards and Lauryn Hill will both be joining in the fun.
Hill, who has had five children with Marley’s son Rohan, will be the musical guest on Thursday night’s show (May 12), when she is scheduled to perform a pair of songs in an extremely rare television appearance.

Meanwhile, Rolling Stones guitarist and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides star Richards will sit down with Fallon on Wednesday night (May 11) to chat about the movie, his recent best-selling autobiography and the current status of his seminal band.

He’s not currently scheduled to perform, but Richards has a hard time turning down opportunities to crank up his guitar, and considering his enthusiasm for reggae, it seems likely he’ll be tipping his pirate hat to Marley in some fashion.

Who are you most excited about seeing perform a Bob song on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon this week? What tracks should each artist try to tackle? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

i know this will not happen, but how great it would be if they perform "like a rolling stone" together?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:39

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
He’s not currently scheduled to perform, but Richards has a hard time turning down opportunities to crank up his guitar,

LOL

Obviously Gazza doesn't think Keef will "crank it up."

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2011 02:41

LARS is one of my favorite Bob Marley songs, too.

One of the other Marley kids is in Mick and Dave Stewart's Super Heavy band. We could turn this into something Dred-ful if Nokia agrees.

Date: May 10, 2011 02:48

I wonder if Jimmy will do a Keith parody ala Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen.

Date: May 10, 2011 02:58

Gazza
O

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 10, 2011 03:02

but how great it would be if they perform "like a rolling stone" together?

Owwww YEAH Esp if they add that wonderful line from Marley's version cut for Coxsone Dodd

........................... Time is like a scorpion stings without warning.....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 10, 2011 03:52

Shawn20
Gazza
Max'sKansasCity

LOL

Obviously Gazza doesn't think Keef will "crank it up."

I dont - no, but the funny part was actually the comment which suggested he's hardly ever off a concert stage.

I think hes performed live for about ten minutes in total since August 2007.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:06

Gazza
I think hes performed live for about ten minutes in total since August 2007.

That is really sad, come to think of it. A musician must keep busy with his instrument constantly.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:22

Perhaps someday when you all approach 1/4 (or maybe 1/8) of the time
Keith has spent playing guitar, then maybe you can begin planning
to possibly someday be worthy to judge his time playing guitar, until then.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 04:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:02

Certainly Jimmy is going to ask the question?

Re: Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Date: May 10, 2011 04:05

..and so it begins..

No, although I bet he'll say something vague and without any substance that several people will take at face value and start a thread suggesting that he did.

Lets face it, he's not going to say 'we've no plans to tour for the forseeable future'...

Re: Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:09

He probably will say something like,"l am ready just waiting for the call",his typical bs,and laugh..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:10

Agreed Gazza, he won't say that.

Keith is usually the one to start talking in public about touring. It's almost as if he and Mick are negotiating plans via the press at times.

I'll bet he only says something to the effect of - we're working on it.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:13

Isn't the trick, when inteviewing Keith or Mick, to talk about anything but the obvious. That way you will stay away from the non-answers and bs.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:18

If I was writing the script Mick would make a surprise entrance while Keith is being interviewed and sit right down on his lap and give him a big kiss! They would then announce the 2012 tour, get up, put their arms around each other, then disappear behind the screen as the audience goes wild!

Date: May 10, 2011 04:19

As far as I know the Stones have stayed away from Letterman and Leno through the years. Quite an achievement. Were they really offended by the age jokes or why is that?

Date: May 10, 2011 04:25

ROPENI
He probably will say something like,"l am ready just waiting for the call",his typical bs,and laugh..

Or maybe, "were still trying to sell the idea to the lead vocalist"?

Date: May 10, 2011 04:26

Funny, Stonescrow! Why not, in the middle of the interview, a curtain is opened and the whole band stands there inviting Keith to play a few songs from a new album to be presented soon!

Date: May 10, 2011 04:32

Stoneage
As far as I know the Stones have stayed away from Letterman and Leno through the years. Quite an achievement. Were they really offended by the age jokes or why is that?

Going on Fallon's show is a direct path to the hearts and minds of millions of twenty and thirty year olds! Seems to be a pattern developing here, they were on last May to promote Exile. Maybe they announce the next tour next May on Fallon?

Date: May 10, 2011 04:35

Stoneage
Funny, Stonescrow! Why not, in the middle of the interview, a curtain is opened and the whole band stands there inviting Keith to play a few songs from a new album to be presented soon!

Yes, Yes, Yes, now were talkin!

Date: May 10, 2011 04:35

stonescrow
ROPENI

That would actually make too much sense; be too concrete. No, he'll go on about the tiger clawing at the cage etc etc

Date: May 10, 2011 04:46

Palace Revolution 2000
stonescrow
ROPENI

That would actually make too much sense; be too concrete. No, he'll go on about the tiger clawing at the cage etc etc

Love that "releasing the Tigers" talk.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home