Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:49

AngieBlue
Agreed Gazza, he won't say that.

Keith is usually the one to start talking in public about touring. It's almost as if he and Mick are negotiating plans via the press at times.

I'll bet he only says something to the effect of - we're working on it.

Well, that's better than, "were no longer on speaking terms"!

Re: Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:51

No! And monkeys won't fly out of his ass either.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:53

Stoneage
Funny, Stonescrow! Why not, in the middle of the interview, a curtain is opened and the whole band stands there inviting Keith to play a few songs from a new album to be presented soon!

Yeah, the "whole" band, including Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman!

Date: May 10, 2011 05:10

71Tele
No! And monkeys won't fly out of his ass either.

Not even a little hint?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 10, 2011 05:16

Talking about monkeys: Has anyone watched the Monkey News with Karl Pilkington on Youtube? It's hilarious! Hereby recommended.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2011 05:22

ROPENI
He probably will say something like,"l am ready just waiting for the call",his typical bs,and laugh..

Haha. Fantastic.

He ain't saying crap. Are we this narrowminded to think that the world will be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for Jimmy to ask him if they'll tour? Even if he does, the reaction will be a whimper instead of a bang.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 10, 2011 05:30

or maybe we will get the old this thing is bigger than both of us baby followed by that predictable 50 year smokers laugh we are all to familiar with and we will just keep waiting, and i wouldnt miss it for the world lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 05:32 by melillo.

Date: May 10, 2011 05:35

Justin
ROPENI
He probably will say something like,"l am ready just waiting for the call",his typical bs,and laugh..

Haha. Fantastic.

He ain't saying crap. Are we this narrowminded to think that the world will be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for Jimmy to ask him if they'll tour? Even if he does, the reaction will be a whimper instead of a bang.

Can't speak for the rest of the world, but I am already on the edge of my seat and we are still some 53 hours to show time from where I sit.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 05:46

So I'm going to my Direct TV DVR to record Fallon's program on Wednesday night - the description of the show says - and this really hurt me - "actor - Keith Richards." Damn. I suppose he has done more acting than playing since 2007.

Date: May 10, 2011 05:47

melillo
or maybe we will get the old this thing is bigger than both of us baby followed by that predictable 50 year smokers laugh we are all to familiar with and we will just keep waiting, and i wouldnt miss it for the world lol

The way they have "worked" these last four years since the last tour has been nothing short of remarkable considering they haven't touched a stage (together) since '07. Makes one wonder if even Keith's book was part of the script.

Date: May 10, 2011 05:49

Shawn20
So I'm going to my Direct TV DVR to record Fallon's program on Wednesday night - the description of the show says - and this really hurt me - "actor - Keith Richards." Damn. I suppose he has done more acting than playing since 2007.

How about Master Promoter, Keith Richards?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 10, 2011 06:00

How is this not a Colonial thread?

Date: May 10, 2011 07:46

skipstone

They don't get Fallon in Australia.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: May 10, 2011 07:53

mick is too rich and too much of a hard ass to tour with cheap shot keith unless keith apologizes and begs. that is the posture.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 10, 2011 08:57

........ Hey who said that???... We get him .... The lad's actually got a good sense of humour

ROCKMAN

Re: Keith to Appear on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:52

"""Meanwhile, Rolling Stones guitarist and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides star Richards will sit down with Fallon on Wednesday night (May 11) to chat about the movie, his recent best-selling autobiography and the current status of his seminal band."""

Best-selling autobiography? I am sorry, but I never saw so many books in so many stores on the shelve for months. They're getting dusty as Keith.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2011 14:10

The book was a bestseller. If they didn't sell, stores would send them back to the publisher for a partial refund. If there are copies on shelves it's because it has sold consistently. Bookstores are very different from record stores where you stock an artist's back catalog because of their reputation whether the back catalog sells or not.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 10, 2011 14:23

Rocky Dijon
The book was a bestseller. If they didn't sell, stores would send them back to the publisher for a partial refund. If there are copies on shelves it's because it has sold consistently. Bookstores are very different from record stores where you stock an artist's back catalog because of their reputation whether the back catalog sells or not.
It has never been on any best seller list on any high score outside English-speaking countries and they just recycle it eye popping smiley. I have only read it because I am a big Fan of the Stones, And if you're not a Fan the book consists details which are just unknown and not interesting to the normal type reader. Even in Canada after Christmas/New Year there where hundreds of books on the windows and inside. Not speaking of Switzerland, Germany and Austria where I also visit different bookstores regularly. But sorry it's not the topic of this thread.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2011 15:24

Max'sKansasCity
Perhaps someday when you all approach 1/4 (or maybe 1/8) of the time
Keith has spent playing guitar, then maybe you can begin planning
to possibly someday be worthy to judge his time playing guitar

Who says I'm 'judging' it?

The guy doesnt owe me another note of live music.

Just pointing that the bit in the article which suggests he's frequently performing is laughable.

Thats not a 'judgment' in any shape or form, its a statement of fact.

Date: May 10, 2011 15:27

stonescrow
Justin
ROPENI

Haha. Fantastic.

Can't speak for the rest of the world, but I am already on the edge of my seat and we are still some 53 hours to show time from where I sit.

In that case, I'd respectfully suggest you get off the edge of your seat and get out occasionally!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 10, 2011 15:29

71Tele
skipstone

They don't get Fallon in Australia New Zealand.
71Tele..Jimmy Fallon yea' never heard of him..smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 15:36 by colonial.

Date: May 10, 2011 15:35

Shott
mick is too rich and too much of a hard ass to tour with cheap shot keith unless keith apologizes and begs. that is the posture.

LOL

Maybe Keith will do one of those bizarre Hollywood style, cringeworthy Hugh Grant-style public 'apologies' that celebrities seem obliged to do these days after they get caught doing something embarrassing - a phenomenon which would have seemed laughable 20 years ago.

You can see the headlines next day... "Keith Says Mick is 'Hung Like a Horse' - Stones Tour Back On"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 15:37 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2011 15:46

The tiny todger remark was just a reduction (forgive me) of the opening line of "I Could Have Stood You Up." Nothing new about it from Keith. The put-down's have been public for a long time. What gets lop-sided is that Mick is the only target, remember Mick and Keith berating Ronnie as "Rhonda" during the SNL rehearsals because Ronnie was busy snorting coke with SNL cast members when they were trying to rehearse "Summer Romance?" No different than the "Brenda" routine. Keith has always had a childish side. No surprise there, very few rock stars advance beyond adolescence emotionally for all the obvious reasons. Not saying that is all there is to Keith (it isn't), but it is part of his personality or how he deals with his bandmates, certainly. Being in a rock band means you're hanging onto your teenage dream to an extent. All part of why Keith wanted to "grow it up" with more mature songwriting. He was partially successful in that aim at least with his own lead vocal efforts.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 10, 2011 16:08

Very true, Rocky D! John Lennon said something similar about Mick and Keith. Even though Lennon could be quite "childish" himself. I guess Jaggers' self-esteem was better to begin with than Richards' (and Lennons'). Or something like that... .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 16:10 by Stoneage.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 10, 2011 17:00

Rocky Dijon
The tiny todger remark was just a reduction (forgive me) of the opening line of "I Could Have Stood You Up." Nothing new about it from Keith. The put-down's have been public for a long time. What gets lop-sided is that Mick is the only target, remember Mick and Keith berating Ronnie as "Rhonda" during the SNL rehearsals because Ronnie was busy snorting coke with SNL cast members when they were trying to rehearse "Summer Romance?" No different than the "Brenda" routine. Keith has always had a childish side. No surprise there, very few rock stars advance beyond adolescence emotionally for all the obvious reasons. Not saying that is all there is to Keith (it isn't), but it is part of his personality or how he deals with his bandmates, certainly. Being in a rock band means you're hanging onto your teenage dream to an extent. All part of why Keith wanted to "grow it up" with more mature songwriting. He was partially successful in that aim at least with his own lead vocal efforts.

number of people listening to Richards' solo albums are not comparable with the number of people who read the book which they believe is the story of the Stones. Not to mention the fact that the song is not named names, in contrast to the book.
There is big difference between "Well hung, friend of mine
He's size 8 -I'm size 9" and "Mick Jagger has tiny todger"

But that's not the book itself. whether it's just a book, people might not pay attention to it because the book gives the context, and in general there is a lot of stuff in it, so the reader's attention is not focused on anything that one.
But Richards chose for the very first publication in the newspaper( The Times) just this piece, and discussed later in interview Mick's genitals, Brenda,annoying mynah bird, shared what Jerry Hall said to him and what you want
This interview started the compaign of ridiculing Jagger, which lasted several months. I'm sorry, but this is different from the fact that at the rehearsal Mick called Ronnie Ronda - Jagger did not go with it to a newspaper to get a scoop.
Richards' problem is that he is not confident. He did not believe that without Jagger and his penis his book will draw attention.
I do not believe that he hates Mick so much , no, it's probably quite a conscious desire to meet the expectations of the public
Therefore, I believe, Jagger has the right not WANT anything to do with that person.

Date: May 10, 2011 17:24

Gazza
Shott

LOL

Maybe Keith will do one of those bizarre Hollywood style, cringeworthy Hugh Grant-style public 'apologies' that celebrities seem obliged to do these days after they get caught doing something embarrassing - a phenomenon which would have seemed laughable 20 years ago.

You can see the headlines next day... "Keith Says Mick is 'Hung Like a Horse' - Stones Tour Back On"

Gazza,

I just realized something, not only are you very intelligent, but you also possess a fine sense of humor. Would be nice to see these guys showing a little public affection for each other, kind of like what we saw at the Beacon when they did Far Away Eyes. smiling smiley

Date: May 10, 2011 17:30

skipstone

Last I heard Seattle was in the State of Washington, however, we do share a similar passion for our boys.

Date: May 10, 2011 17:35

Rockman

........ Hey who said that???... We get him .... The lad's actually got a good sense of humour

I said it (he said, sheepishly). I stand corrected, Rockman.

Date: May 10, 2011 17:36

colonial
71Tele
skipstone

They don't get Fallon in Australia New Zealand.
71Tele..Jimmy Fallon yea' never heard of him..smoking smiley

You're NZ? Sorry for the mistake. We love Flight Of The Conchords here. They are always getting confused with Australians.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 10, 2011 18:02

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home