Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Keith to Appear on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 12, 2011 16:23

The thought is there, the actual deed is still to be done.

Date: May 12, 2011 16:31

Possibly the most coherent Keith ever? Very relaxed, charming and funny.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 12, 2011 16:33

angee
Carlostones10, thanks so much for the interview videos!
A fun listen, even if Jimmy does kiss up to Keith too much.
He doesn't seem to mind.

Hi Angee,

Thankssmileys with beer

delete
Posted by: GilbertsGirl ()
Date: May 12, 2011 16:35

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-31 00:17 by GilbertsGirl.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 12, 2011 16:48

For me Keith's line about "I don't have that long" combined with his doctor joke was disheartening. It doesn't look like a tour will happen. I think if Keith could play, he would. I believe Keith's physical condition is hindering the tour more than his relationship with Mick.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:01

I wouldn't call that an interview. I would call it a kiss ass sales event. The interviewer has no integrity and is too subservient. I don't find Keith's oneliners t-h-a-t funny. Fallon isn't a journalist, he's a celebrity comedian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 17:07 by Stoneage.

Date: May 12, 2011 17:02

You have to give Keith a break on that one - he's now using it to his advantage. Why is that so "disheartening"? It's funny. Anyone that can laugh at themselves with THAT reputation? Come on.

So what if they don't tour - they don't NEED to tour. It's been done. To death. Time to move on.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:07

Keith was charming, relaxed and funny! He also looks good at the moment!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:13

I smiled all the way through the interview. I thought Keith was great.
As for Mr Fallon, he seemed as awestruck as I would be in that situation.
There really is no one like our Keith !!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:21

skipstone
You have to give Keith a break on that one - he's now using it to his advantage. Why is that so "disheartening"? It's funny. Anyone that can laugh at themselves with THAT reputation? Come on.

So what if they don't tour - they don't NEED to tour. It's been done. To death. Time to move on.
Yep,it's all over now. Be surprised if even the supposed Winos album sees the light of day. Oh well it'll give Mick more time to open the vaults.

Date: May 12, 2011 17:29

Does some friend has the link for download the interview? I just found the video for wacth.

Please, let me know if you have the download avaliable.

Cheers

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:37

aside from maybe a handful of posters on this board who have never seen the band perform live - it is really that important that you seen them tour again? i think everyone realizes by this point that there's nothing they can or will do that they haven't done to death already, and it can only be an inferior version of what we (most of us, anyway) have seen many, many times....yeah, there's always that 1 in a million chance (dumb and dumber reference point here) of them reinventing themselves....

given that it's clear the vaults won't open in earnest until the band ceases activity - shouldn't there be more interest in hearing what's in the vaults than in seeing the band perform again?

maybe not...but that would be my strong desire....

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:40

What happened to the "we want to die on stage like our bluesman heroes?"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:15

I thought that the interview went well. It was, no doubt rehearsed, to some degree, but Keith was funny, and yes, he seemed sober. I found one point interesting; Fallon asked him a " twitter question" about his early influences, he said Louie Armstrong and Billie Holliday, and THEN said Muddy Waters etc. I enjoyed the clip from the newsest Pirates movie. Keith was not even rocognizable!! Great make-up job!! Over-all, no great revelations.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:17

I thought the appearance was sort of a dud. Hope he sells some books though.

Jimmy Fallon was so star-struck . . but the House Band didn't even play a Stones song to introduce Keith when he walked on the set. How hard would it have been for Keith to play a riff with the band as they are going to a commercial.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:29

Shawn20

What happened to the "we want to die on stage like our bluesman heroes?"

'Their bluesmen heroes' played into their dotage because they were poor and they financially had to.

For the Stones to put themselves in that category (if indeed they did) is patronising bollocks. Even more so when their gigs gross $4 million a night.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:35

The highlight, according to crowd laughter, was the movie clip from Pirates. When J Depp asks Keith if he has been to the fountain, and Keith replies "Does my face look like its been to the Fountain of Youth?"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 12, 2011 19:06

It was a good interview. Keith was charming and had a little nervous energy to him. Jimmy was still giddy and obviously nervous which really didn't spark any true conversation but rather just a simple Q&A with Keith.

The response about the Stones tour is typical...use a joke to brush it off. He doesn't know...he never really knows until he "gets that call." The Winos stuff...all maybes. Nothing concrete. Maybe they'll put together an album. Maybe, maybe not. Hearing a "maybe" from Keith doesn't make it any more true than what we speculated on this board after Rocky's post the other week.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 12, 2011 19:10

Thanks Carlos for posting the interview.

Date: May 12, 2011 19:14

I think the guys from Forty Licks Fan Club had the original post.

But thanks.
smileys with beer

Date: May 12, 2011 19:14

Interview on youtube:

Thanks, Roger from Mexico.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 12, 2011 19:31

Thanks for posting. Not sure what all the fuss is about. He said PROBABLY to the Expensive Winos album and he is trying to nail down the Stones so all in all, I did not hear anything to be pessimistic about. Yes, it would have been good to play but seems like he was there to sell the book. Fallon is lucky to hang around the recording studio.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 12, 2011 19:43

georgeV
Thanks for posting. Not sure what all the fuss is about. He said PROBABLY to the Expensive Winos album and he is trying to nail down the Stones so all in all, I did not hear anything to be pessimistic about.

now i'm really depressed

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 12, 2011 21:20

Rolling Hansie
stonescrow
Just some cheap old Budweiser.

HUH, and you said you were drinking beer. You liar, you. smileys with beer

It's amazing what is passed off as beer here in the States!smileys with beer

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 12, 2011 21:53

""Seems like unhappy times in Stonesville.""

Nope, it is always happy times in Stonesville( a mythological place in my head ).

Unlike most every other thing, person and "ville" on this planet...
THERE HAS NEVER (in my time) EVER BEEN UNHAPPY TIMES IN STONESVILLE,
it is one of the reasons I like Stonesville so much, it is the one place where
I have never been cheated, lied to or let down.... FKN STONES RULE!!!

freekin keef grow bigazz lemons in Connecticut,
that is freekin hilarious.... and in a green house no less, even funnier

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 12, 2011 22:05

StonesTod
georgeV
Thanks for posting. Not sure what all the fuss is about. He said PROBABLY to the Expensive Winos album and he is trying to nail down the Stones so all in all, I did not hear anything to be pessimistic about.

now i'm really depressed

Please don't be depressed. Let's give it another year. This is two years in a row now that at least one of the Stones has appeared on Fallon in the month of May. My gut tells me that this time next year and right on this very show with Jimmy is when and where the Stones will announce their plans for 2012. It may not be a large scale tour, but they will do something for their 50th.

No doubt Keith's remark to Jimmy's question whether the Stones were going to do anything in 2011 was scripted, I mean, what does "I am trying to nail them down, but I don't want to crucify them mean?" To me, it just means "we ain't ready to tell tell you anything just yet" at least that is the way I read it.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: May 12, 2011 22:08

Craig Ferguson is so much better than Jimmy Fallon, if you can't sleep! At my age, Craig is by far the sexier, plus he has that cussin' rabbit puppet. But, Craig has poor lighting, no band and jokes about his low budget show. Keith was trying to push the paperback; I think that's the only reason he would pick Fallon's show -- plus, I don't think Craig Ferguson would kiss butt quite the same.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:29

paulywaul
melillo
whether its over or not going by last nites interview nothing is even remotely close to happening stones wise, and last time i checked they are not getting any younger

Ok, so he gave nothing of value away then ? Hmm, probably doesn't bode overly well for the future then ... unless of course he's being ferociously guarded in what he says, just in case it's taken completely out of context or else spun silly by folk like us. O well ... !! Qui sera sera !!

why would he have to be ferociously guarded in what he says? its a rock n roll tour not plans to area 51

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:10

melillo
paulywaul
melillo
whether its over or not going by last nites interview nothing is even remotely close to happening stones wise, and last time i checked they are not getting any younger

Ok, so he gave nothing of value away then ? Hmm, probably doesn't bode overly well for the future then ... unless of course he's being ferociously guarded in what he says, just in case it's taken completely out of context or else spun silly by folk like us. O well ... !! Qui sera sera !!

why would he have to be ferociously guarded in what he says? its a rock n roll tour not plans to area 51
Those are easier to come by than Stones tour plans.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:16

I love Craig too, he IS sexy! Back to Keith, there's nothing to be depressed about. I think if you went into it with NO EXPECTATIONS you'd have enjoyed it, as I did. Hey, the plus side of it is that he looked HEALTHY, spoke well, not all drugged or smashed, he was FUNNY AS HELL, and he didn't say anything negative about a Stones tour. I noticed he NEVER once said STONES or MICK JAGGER.....but from a purely business stand point, he was there for his book, simply that! There's no Stones news to report and anyway, he'd have to make a big announcement with the rest of the band. Well, he wouldn't HAVE TO but it is appropriate.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2137
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home