Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Keith to Appear on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 12, 2011 08:46

CrissCrossMind
Only Stones mention:

Jimmy Fallon: "Will the Stones be playing this year?"

Keith Richards: "Well I'm trying to nail them down but I don't want to crucify 'em"

(Just as I predicted a few threads up) The words ROLLING STONES or STONES were said once I think (see above quote). He could have been in Led Zeppelin as far as the crowd was concerned. The reason he's on the show is his book is now in paperback and everyone in the audience gets one - just like Oprah and the View. Possible he might play at the end with Jakob Dylan but I ain't feeling it. I don't know if I'm sad or pissed off - just say it Keith, Mick, Ron, Charlie? - THE STONES ARE OVER!!!.......f*ckin' say it ALREADY !!!!

Time to calm down and do a little reading between the lines. I was prepared to throw in the towel earlier this evening if Keith had responded in this fashion, however, after nine beers I am now able to see things more clearly, there is definitely going to be a tour! Obviously the question and reply was rehearsed, which is a good sign.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 12, 2011 08:47

grinning smiley Hmm-- I didn't pay attention earlier to that little but signifying detail of "and another guy called Mick"...thumbs up

(Talking about EXILE Fallon clip...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 08:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: May 12, 2011 08:48

Max'sKansasCity
The Stones may be over for you, but speak for yourself.
The Stones will live forever and ever as far as I am concerned, that is the beauty of recorded music.... and I saw them live so many times, that if I never saw them again, I am still fixed up for life.

I'm saying they PROBABLY will not be playing together anymore so enough with the coy bullsh*t - I like to hear things straight and deal with it. I'm not saying their legend doesn't live on... well, i saw them a ton of times from 1969 to 1999 so I probably have your ass beat for RS concert attendance - doesn't change a thing about the present situation with them, are they in or out? Let us know, that's all I'm saying....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 12, 2011 08:51

Angieblue from RocksOff.org:

News: He is recording a what he hopes will be a Wino's album.

Anyone confirm that here?

- Doxa

Date: May 12, 2011 09:17

stonescrow
CrissCrossMind
Only Stones mention:

Keith Richards: "Well I'm trying to nail them down but I don't want to crucify 'em"

(Just as I predicted a few threads up) The words ROLLING STONES or STONES were said once I think (see above quote). He could have been in Led Zeppelin as far as the crowd was concerned. The reason he's on the show is his book is now in paperback and everyone in the audience gets one - just like Oprah and the View.

Time to calm down and do a little reading between the lines. I was prepared to throw in the towel earlier this evening if Keith had responded in this fashion, however, after nine beers I am now able to see things more clearly, there is definitely going to be a tour! Obviously the question and reply was rehearsed, which is a good sign.

You're funny stonescrow, 9 Beers? Yeah, I know how that can totally clear up the head. Next time I have a personal tragedy I'm sending you some beer 12? 16? 24? then giving you a call to put a "new' angle on it.... What brand you drinkin'? You gotta try this 211 STEEL RESERVE - 8.1 Alcohol !!! (has a good punch)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:19

CrissCrossMind
Max'sKansasCity
The Stones may be over for you, but speak for yourself.
The Stones will live forever and ever as far as I am concerned, that is the beauty of recorded music.... and I saw them live so many times, that if I never saw them again, I am still fixed up for life.

I'm saying they PROBABLY will not be playing together anymore so enough with the coy bullsh*t - I like to hear things straight and deal with it. I'm not saying their legend doesn't live on... well, i saw them a ton of times from 1969 to 1999 so I probably have your ass beat for RS concert attendance - doesn't change a thing about the present situation with them, are they in or out? Let us know, that's all I'm saying....

Only 69-99?.. wtf? That sounds like YOU quit on them in 1999. What happened to you?

As far as Keith stating one one way or the other.... I dont mind it being left open for hope and optimism... there is no telling what the future holds... I like that better than saying WE QUIT, only to come back later, like so many pussy bands do (hell freezes over.... my balls)

I dont mind (I actually very much enjoy) seeing him as author/actor on a talk show to pitch a book and/or movie, he makes me smile, he is Keith, he is cool..I just wonder how the hell he grows lemons in connecticut??? really... how does he do that so far north?

I never say silly things like "beat ass" regarding going to concerts. I have said here many times my count is 30, that is not that many times, but it is enough... I saw them 30 differnt times on every tour from 1981 to 2006 from the rose bowl to Amsterdam to front row several times including Toronto Skydome to onstage to opening night for Bigger Bang tour in Boston etc etc... it is called "get it while the getting is good... there is no sense getting all emotional about it.

Date: May 12, 2011 09:49

Max, cause Stadium shows suck (always have, I walked out of a PINK FLOYD stadium show in 1976? 77? - "Animals/Wish You Were Here" - cause it was sh*t stadium sound and view, Arena shows have decent sound and you can see the show without the giant screen. Club shows are even better. I have all the DVD's of the Stones in the 2000's, works well for me, Big Screen/kick ass Yamaha/Denon surround sound system that I crank to 11 (like Spinal Tap - LOL). No parking , driving, drink all you want at home etc, etc.....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:57

stonescrow
CrissCrossMind
Only Stones mention:

(Just as I predicted a few threads up) The words ROLLING STONES or STONES were said once I think (see above quote). He could have been in Led Zeppelin as far as the crowd was concerned. The reason he's on the show is his book is now in paperback and everyone in the audience gets one - just like Oprah and the View. Possible he might play at the end with Jakob Dylan but I ain't feeling it. I don't know if I'm sad or pissed off - just say it Keith, Mick, Ron, Charlie? - THE STONES ARE OVER!!!.......f*ckin' say it ALREADY !!!!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 12, 2011 10:00

CrissCrossMind
stonescrow
CrissCrossMind
Only Stones mention:

(Just as I predicted a few threads up) The words ROLLING STONES or STONES were said once I think (see above quote). He could have been in Led Zeppelin as far as the crowd was concerned. The reason he's on the show is his book is now in paperback and everyone in the audience gets one - just like Oprah and the View.

You're funny stonescrow, 9 Beers? Yeah, I know how that can totally clear up the head. Next time I have a personal tragedy I'm sending you some beer 12? 16? 24? then giving you a call to put a "new' angle on it.... What brand you drinkin'? You gotta try this 211 STEEL RESERVE - 8.1 Alcohol !!! (has a good punch)

Just some cheap old Budweiser. Up to 11 now and Fallon is still 30 minutes away out here on the left coast. Thanks for the recommendation, I will pick some up for the weekend. I rarely drink that much anymore, but tonight something just came over me. Been watching my Shine A Shine A Light DVD over and over now for hours waiting for Keith.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 12, 2011 10:41

CrissCrossMind
Max, cause Stadium shows suck ....... .... Big Screen/kick ass Yamaha/Denon surround sound system that I crank to 11 (like Spinal Tap - LOL). No parking , driving, drink all you want at home etc, etc.....

Fair enough...... yup being far away is not an option for me either. I have no idea who sits "up there" or why they would want to. I like to look em in the eye, and for them to smile/chuckle at us having fun fun fun.... I always used to say if we are in the first 10 rows, then it does not matter how many people are behind us....... until modern face value for tickets blew the plan...

I always used to be able to find a way to have a close view, or I would not go, so I am with you, if we can not be close to the action, looking them in the eyes..... then partying and rocking out at home with a big screen and big surround sound cranked to 11 can be a helluva lot of fun too.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:12

"I dont mind seeing him as author/actor on a talk show to pitch a book and/or movie. He makes me smile. He is Keith. He is cool. I just wonder how the hell he grows lemons in Connecticut??? Really, how does he do that so far north?"

Umm, he has a big greenhouse. Probably grows some other tropical plants there as well...if you know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 11:36 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:27

I thought he looked and sounded good, sober definitely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:34 by chelskeith.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:40

stonescrow
Just some cheap old Budweiser.

HUH, and you said you were drinking beer. You liar, you. smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 12, 2011 12:40

So ....any great revelations, or nothing much ? Anyone ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: May 12, 2011 13:07

Lord Almighty, but those fingers look sore. Especially the fretting hand.

Rip those joints, indeed.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 12, 2011 13:07

whether its over or not going by last nites interview nothing is even remotely close to happening stones wise, and last time i checked they are not getting any younger

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 12, 2011 13:23

He looked good, funny
Sadly, no Stones gigs in the future i think.
he is very vague about it.
But.. a Winos album coming up???
bye jeroen

Date: May 12, 2011 13:40

melillo
whether its over or not going by last nites interview nothing is even remotely close to happening stones wise, and last time i checked they are not getting any younger

Ok, so he gave nothing of value away then ? Hmm, probably doesn't bode overly well for the future then ... unless of course he's being ferociously guarded in what he says, just in case it's taken completely out of context or else spun silly by folk like us. O well ... !! Qui sera sera !!

Date: May 12, 2011 13:59

Great interview. Keith did good.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 12, 2011 14:44

Keith was fine, but damn that Fallon is one irritating, insincere twat.

So new wino's, no stones on the horizon.

Date: May 12, 2011 14:48

His Majesty
Keith was fine, but damn that Fallon is one irritating, insincere twat.

So new wino's, no stones on the horizon.

<<< but damn that Fallon is one irritating, insincere twat >>>

He IS a bit annoying, I'll grant you.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 12, 2011 15:35

What was the highlight of the interview? In other words, the best part?

Date: May 12, 2011 15:37

The doctor joke? The lemons? Naah, for me it clearly was the Winos-part. Finally some news straight from the horse's mouth.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 12, 2011 15:37

Interview videos.... Thanks, Rolling Stones Forty Licks Fanclub Holland.

Watch: [stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 12, 2011 15:38

interesting that Keith went on Fallon's show to promote paperback version of Life...Fallon is close to Mick. Even more interesting that Fallon did not broach any of the controversial Mick stuff in the book at all whatsoever and only 1 question about the Rolling Stones. Even more interesting that KR let out that he was doing a Wino's record when he has been denying that he was doing a solo record.

...if you are a Rolling Stones fan....you might want to let go that breath you've been holding for a tour. Seems like unhappy times in Stonesville.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2011 15:42

Rip This
interesting that Keith went on Fallon's show to promote paperback version of Life...Fallon is close to Mick. Even more interesting that Fallon did not broach any of the controversial Mick stuff in the book at all whatsoever and only 1 question about the Rolling Stones. Even more interesting that KR let out that he was doing a Wino's record when he has been denying that he was doing a solo record.

...if you are a Rolling Stones fan....you might want to let go that breath you've been holding for a tour. Seems like unhappy times in Stonesville.

These "interviews" are all carefully scripted in advance. Keith knew exactly what questions he would be asked, and Jimmy knew exactly what Keith's answers would be.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 12, 2011 16:01

Rip This
interesting that Keith went on Fallon's show to promote paperback version of Life...Fallon is close to Mick.
why would mick go on the show? he has nothing to promote.

Date: May 12, 2011 16:07

tatters
Rip This

These "interviews" are all carefully scripted in advance. Keith knew exactly what questions he would be asked, and Jimmy knew exactly what Keith's answers would be.

..often managers or publicists will try to "control" an interview or offer their client for an interview with conditions. Those conditions sometimes include subjects that can and cannot be brought up. If that is the case with KR then the situation with Mick and the Stones is actually worse than one might imagine....when has KR ever felt the need to hold his tongue?...the interview was a nice fluff piece. Good apprearance, no real groundbreaking news except that now he's recording something with the Winos..your point of a rehearsed interview would strongly suggest that someone needed to be careful...

Date: May 12, 2011 16:11

ineedadrink
Rip This
interesting that Keith went on Fallon's show to promote paperback version of Life...Fallon is close to Mick.
why would mick go on the show? he has nothing to promote.

..yeah why would he?..my point is that Fallon is close to Mick. Mick and L'Wren's short guest lists in NYC include Jimmy Fallon

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 12, 2011 16:23

Carlostones10, thanks so much for the interview videos!
A fun listen, even if Jimmy does kiss up to Keith too much.
He doesn't seem to mind.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home