Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Keith to Appear on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: May 14, 2011 16:11

Some of you are missing the point that Keith not appearing on Letterman shows Keith's class.

Letterman is a self-aggrandizing, self-absorbed, perverted shtunk. Look it up in a Yiddish dictionary. I think some people mistake smugness for humor, because they think, "Oh, he must really be in the know, and more clever than I am." I identify smugness with smugness.

Leno, while not Chris Farley or Robin Williams, is a solid man who reaches out to his fans instead of being self-aggrandizing. Now some of you will say Leno's not solid because he betrayed Conan, etc. C'mon, it's business...Conan's campy style wasn't delivering on The Tonight Show.

Good call Keith, stay the f clear of DL.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-14 21:19 by paulm.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 14, 2011 16:33

Letterman disappointed me with that sex-affair with his intern. That kind of blew his "schtick". How are you gonna make fun of other celebrities shortcomings after that? I sort of liked his dry humour and formal style uptil then. Of course he should go on, but I think he has been damaged by this.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 14, 2011 21:10

paulm
Some of you are missing the point that Keith not appearing on Letterman shows Keith's class.

Letterman is a self-aggrandizing, self-absorbed, perverted shtunk. Look it up in a Yiddish dictionary. I think some people mistake smugness for humor, because they think, "Oh, he must really be in the know, and more clever than I am." I identify smugness with smugness.

Leno, while not Chris Farley or Robin Williams, is a solid man who reaches out to his fans instead of being self-aggrandizing. Now some of you will say Leno's not solid because he betrayed Conan, etc. C'mon, it's business...Conan's campy style wasn't delivering on The Late Show.

If Letterman was on a Universal owens network. Keit hwould be there. It's just business. He's turned into just as big of a whore as Mick, He'susing the Stones media machine.Except he's using to promote himself instead of the band.

Re: Keith on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2011 21:33

Well said northernale1. Sounds like it is coming straight from your heart.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 14, 2011 21:45

paulm
keith's class? oh give me a break! it's not like letterman is an anti-semitic, wife-beating, racist, preaching to america every night his dangerous ideologies. and i suppose to you the guests letterman has had over the years are unclassy for being on his show? you might not like letterman but don't put keith on a pedestal because he hasn't been on his show. for all we know, maybe he wasn't even invited.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:14

ineedadrink
paulm
keith's class? oh give me a break! it's not like letterman is an anti-semitic, wife-beating, racist, preaching to america every night his dangerous ideologies. and i suppose to you the guests letterman has had over the years are unclassy for being on his show? you might not like letterman but don't put keith on a pedestal because he hasn't been on his show. for all we know, maybe he wasn't even invited.

I'd say there's a standing invitation for any of The Stones. They choose which shows they want to do. Fallon was Mick Jagger's friend from SNL, so they did his show for Exile last year. He and Keith are also friends now, apparently. Leno is the shadiest character that ever hit late night. Never liked him. I enjoy Letterman, but he's probably made too many jokes about the Stones for them to ever do his show. Also, in the early 90's, Charlie Watts was supposed to be on Letterman with his jazz combo. I watched the show and loved it. I was about 12. Letterman was royally pissed. It was his recurring theme throughout the entire show. Charlie left a few minutes before the show started. Of course Dave never told the real story of what caused the situation, but he said he was walking down the hall, met Charlie going the other way, asked him what was going on and Charlie replied, "I think I'll go somewhere else now." Letterman kept saying this in a British accent all night. Love Charlie. Then Letterman made the comment that if any one of The Stones wasn't going to show up for something, that you'd want it to be Charlie Watts, which Paul jumped in and clearly disagreed with, saying you'd want all the Stones to show up.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:48

paulm

Leno, while not Chris Farley or Robin Williams, is a solid man who reaches out to his fans instead of being self-aggrandizing. Now some of you will say Leno's not solid because he betrayed Conan, etc. C'mon, it's business...Conan's campy style wasn't delivering on The Tonight Show.

Leno "solid"? As solid as jelly. Where you see "reach out to his audience" I see "cringe-worthy pandering". Letterman is at least smart and edgy, and has a degree of integrity. Leno is an ass-licker who would do anything to be popular. A middling talent for middle-of-the-roaders whose career would be nowhere if it weren't for Letterman.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-14 22:51 by 71Tele.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:54

i'm with tele on this.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:59

71Tele
paulm

Leno "solid"? As solid as jelly. Where you see "reach out to his audience" I see "cringe-worthy pandering". Letterman is at least smart and edgy, and has a degree of integrity. Leno is an ass-licker who would do anything to be popular. A middling talent for middle-of-the-roaders whose career would be nowhere if it weren't for Letterman.

Couldn't aggree more!!

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:27

71Tele
paulm

So true.

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:34

They are all midgets compared to the great Johnny Carson. I absolutely hate David Letterman. Although I don't find Jay Leno particularly funny, at least he isn't a misanthropic prick.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:37

millerman60
They are all midgets compared to the great Johnny Carson.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 15, 2011 00:05

nonfilter
71Tele
Letterman is at least smart and edgy, and has a degree of integrity. Leno is an ass-licker who would do anything to be popular. A middling talent for middle-of-the-roaders whose career would be nowhere if it weren't for Letterman.

Couldn't aggree more!!

[www.non-filters.com]

Integrity? Uh, right. If that works for you two, but it ain't integrity.

And Leno owed nothing to DL. What rabbit's @ss ya pull that one from?

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 15, 2011 00:14

paulm

Absolutely agree with you on all points.

Date: May 15, 2011 00:20

stonescrow
Absolutely agree with you on all points.
Props given. thumbs up

And Charlie walking off that tool's set is both hysterical and sad. Wonder what that hump said or did to put the classy C. Watts off? Probably something not real classy, like screwing your intern when you're married with a new baby. Oh wait, DL did that too. What a hump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-15 00:20 by paulm.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:10

We get it, you don't like Letterman.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:23

Thank you to all who admitted they like Leno. Now everything makes sense.

Date: May 15, 2011 01:34

The perfect man to interview Keith would, of course, have been Markus Larsson, the famous Aftonbladet journalist, Now there's a man who's not afraid to ask the difficult questions... .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:39

Stoneage
The perfect man to interview Keith would, of course, have been Markus Larsson, the famous Aftonbladet journalist, Now there's a man who's not afraid to ask the difficult questions... .

grinning smileythumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:42

paulm

Its more to do with the fact that Keith has a personal issue with Letterman which goes back a couple of decades.

Posted by: chu1chu2 ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:10

Could someone tell me please, so I don't have to read through all the DL/JL stuff, did Mick say anything about touring anytime........at ALL!? That is ALL I want to know! I missed the interview......sad smiley

FYI I'm a JL fan. DL is an idiot.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:19

>did Mick say anything about touring anytime........at ALL!? That is ALL I want to know! I missed the interview......

Mick wasn't interviewed.

Date: May 15, 2011 02:36

Rolling Hansie
sweetcharmedlife
He's just a musician,not a head of state.

Are you sure ? smiling smiley

He gets my vote!smoking smiley

Date: May 15, 2011 02:41

Chu1chu2, the chances for a new Stones tour are pretty slim. I would say less than 50 %. If it will happen it will probably be in 2012. If they announce a new tour it will be written about in every major newspaper. So don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to get good tickets in time.

Date: May 15, 2011 02:49

chu1chu2
Could someone tell me please, so I don't have to read through all the DL/JL stuff, did Mick say anything about touring anytime........at ALL!? That is ALL I want to know! I missed the interview......sad smiley

FYI I'm a JL fan. DL is an idiot.

The announcement for the next tour most likely will come a year from now in May (2012) on Fallon.

Date: May 15, 2011 03:00

JF is funny, kinda quirky, a musician to boot. Did you see him scratch a personal check to John Rich's fundraiser for the children's hospital on Celebrity Apprentice? Now there is a class act. Great song he wrote too:

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:02

Rolling Hansie
Well said northernale1. Sounds like it is coming straight from your heart.

thumbs upthumbs up

northernale1 = Voice of Reason and Flavour of the Month Year.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 15, 2011 04:43

paulm
nonfilter
71Tele
Letterman is at least smart and edgy, and has a degree of integrity. Leno is an ass-licker who would do anything to be popular. A middling talent for middle-of-the-roaders whose career would be nowhere if it weren't for Letterman.

Couldn't aggree more!!

[www.non-filters.com]

Integrity? Uh, right. If that works for you two, but it ain't integrity.

And Leno owed nothing to DL. What rabbit's @ss ya pull that one from?

Only the factual "rabbit's ass" that Letterman used to have Leno on his show all the time when Leno was an up-and-coming comedian (and actually half funny in those days). Leno himself has acknowledged his debt to Dave. Do your research next time before slinging insults at posters who disagree with you. You will be far less embarrassed, I assure you.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 15, 2011 05:54

All these late night shows are just a vehicle for studio ratings and hollywood promotion. Whether they are quality programming is another story. I loath all of them. Leno is like a piece of white bread with no crust. Old stodgy jokes, that reek of the good ole' boys club. And he is so dull and listless. As an interviewer he is as engaging as ham sandwich with no mustard. Letterman, at least, has some more modern humor. And seems to connect with some good talent and likes good music. But his schtick gets old and tiresome as well. Fallon, wow! What a lucky guy he is to fall into the honey pot. Seems like a very nice guy, but as funny as a bad back. And he is like Larry King, in that he asks sycophantic questions that neither challenge nor inform. Overall it is all crap TV and the only reason to watch is to watch the occasional good live performance of a band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-15 06:00 by whitem8.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 15, 2011 13:45

And they all do really the same thing. Big table with big mugs and a nightsky backdrop, a band with a side kick, intro standup jokes, superficial interviews and some audience participation. It would be great if someone came up with a completely different concept.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home