Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

From ROLLLING STONE MAGAZINE's - "Dylan's best 70 songs
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: May 14, 2011 11:48

After this great post
[www.iorr.org]
here is something from some old, even very old, people. Ususal boring stuff...who cares...

btw one idea for Stones

btw one OT, who knows why

Re: From ROLLLING STONE MAGAZINE's - "Dylan's best 70 songs
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 14, 2011 12:30

Thanks JJackFI!

It is really amazing being reminded once again that 'we all' are Bob Dylan's fans. Especially the ones who make music themselves. Reading Mick and especially Keith's almost Dylanologist observations one can see the incredible influence this guy had for a whole genaration (or two) of musicians. I am sure the example of Lennon-McCartney inspired a lot of songwriters and pop musicians to write original music (people like Jagger-Richard) but it was Dylan who really showed them what kind of entity, vehicle and a value of its own a song is, and you can do anything with it to express yourself. This guy learned rock music to think in terms of its own. Man, what a lecacy!

Now time to relisten "Desolotion Row" (Mick didn't remind us of the infamous remark Bob once made of it to Keith in regard to "Satisfaction"...grinning smiley).

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-14 12:36 by Doxa.

Date: May 14, 2011 19:36

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 14, 2011 19:39

Top 3:
My back pages
Like a rolling stone
Sad eyed lady of a the lowlands

2 1 2 0

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:37

It ain't me Babe by the Turtles

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:38

"No Stones" ?

You're kidding, right?

Date: May 15, 2011 02:35

Gazza
"No Stones" ?
You're kidding, right?

Kidding? With Rolling Stones? Never. ''Like Rolling Stone''by Stones is not hilarious, but better then Harrison and PJ. Harvey.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:56

Thanks for the post/scans, JJackFl !

Really great words from Jagger and Richards there - would never have guessed that Jagger would mention Desolation Row as his favourite Dylan song. Thought he'd pick a love song or a ballad - something like I Want You or It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Concerning the "best covers section"......yes indeed; Jimi's All Along The Watchtower is the greatest ever Dylan cover I've heard.

I do hate the Byrds' version of Mr Tambourine Man - I got to admit, but it's a "classic" in most peoples eyes, so.....
Dislike PJ Harvey's attempt on H61 as well
There's a couple of terrific covers of Dylan songs on "Masked And Anoymous", especially "Most Of The Time" by....who was that singer again?.....and some Grateful Dead/Garcia ones

No "Like A Rolling Stone" by Rolling Stones.....? No wonder!

Ronnie's "Seven Days" is miles stronger, and even that one is not among the 10 best Dylan covers. It's among my "personal 10 favourites", but not among "the 10 best" at all.

Posted by: Ferret ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:46

Byrds' Mr Tambourine Man is the best pop single ever. It has everything except I want it to go on forever.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2011 04:39

JJackFl
Gazza
"No Stones" ?
You're kidding, right?

Kidding? With Rolling Stones? Never. ''Like Rolling Stone''by Stones is not hilarious, but better then Harrison and PJ. Harvey.

maybe or maybe not..but one of the best 10 Dylan covers of all time? Now THAT's hilarious.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:48

NO mention of Neil Young's blazing version of "Blowing In The Wind" played in 1991 during the Arc/Weld tour?
To me it's the second-best DYLAN cover ever (right behind Hendrix's Watchtower).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home