Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Keith to Appear on Jimmy Fallon Show
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 10, 2011 18:08

proudmary
Rocky Dijon
The tiny todger remark was just a reduction (forgive me) of the opening line of "I Could Have Stood You Up." Nothing new about it from Keith. The put-down's have been public for a long time. What gets lop-sided is that Mick is the only target, remember Mick and Keith berating Ronnie as "Rhonda" during the SNL rehearsals because Ronnie was busy snorting coke with SNL cast members when they were trying to rehearse "Summer Romance?" No different than the "Brenda" routine. Keith has always had a childish side. No surprise there, very few rock stars advance beyond adolescence emotionally for all the obvious reasons. Not saying that is all there is to Keith (it isn't), but it is part of his personality or how he deals with his bandmates, certainly. Being in a rock band means you're hanging onto your teenage dream to an extent. All part of why Keith wanted to "grow it up" with more mature songwriting. He was partially successful in that aim at least with his own lead vocal efforts.

number of people listening to Richards' solo albums are not comparable with the number of people who read the book which they believe is the story of the Stones. Not to mention the fact that the song is not named names, in contrast to the book.
There is big difference between "Well hung, friend of mine
He's size 8 -I'm size 9" and "Mick Jagger has tiny todger"

But that's not the book itself. whether it's just a book, people might not pay attention to it because the book gives the context, and in general there is a lot of stuff in it, so the reader's attention is not focused on anything that one.
But Richards chose for the very first publication in the newspaper( The Times) just this piece, and discussed later in interview Mick's genitals, Brenda,annoying mynah bird, shared what Jerry Hall said to him and what you want
This interview started the compaign of ridiculing Jagger, which lasted several months. I'm sorry, but this is different from the fact that at the rehearsal Mick called Ronnie Ronda - Jagger did not go with it to a newspaper to get a scoop.
Richards' problem is that he is not confident. He did not believe that without Jagger and his penis his book will draw attention.
I do not believe that he hates Mick so much , no, it's probably quite a conscious desire to meet the expectations of the public
Therefore, I believe, Jagger has the right not WANT anything to do with that person.

Which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that Keith publicly (in an interview) dismissed the "todger" remark as nothing more than a long running joke between them. He also stated that everything is fine between them. Now we can take him at his word or read whatever we want into it, but the bottom line is that if things were truly as bad as many think between them then they wouldn't be planning a 50th anniversary tour. Now, if it (the 2012 tour) never happens then we can look back and say, "yeah, it must have had something to do with the book".

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 10, 2011 18:36

Which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that Keith publicly (in an interview) dismissed the "todger" remark as nothing more than a long running joke between them. He also stated that everything is fine between them.

This interview does not exist, no one asked him about it. A German reporter plucked up courage and asked something like "what you're thinking when you wrote it, and it will not spoil your relationship with Mick?". Richards said - "we're going on tour in July. this is a sufficient answer to your question about our relationship?"
And where is this tour?

No tour this year and I do not think that will be the next

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 10, 2011 18:48

Stoneage
Gazza
I think hes performed live for about ten minutes in total since August 2007.

That is really sad, come to think of it. A musician must keep busy with his instrument constantly.
If he is physically able to do so, yes...

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 10, 2011 19:32

This will serve as my official refutation of Rocky's alleged "signed contract"...

Date: May 10, 2011 19:36

proudmary
Which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that Keith publicly (in an interview) dismissed the "todger" remark as nothing more than a long running joke between them. He also stated that everything is fine between them.

This interview does not exist, no one asked him about it. A German reporter plucked up courage and asked something like "what you're thinking when you wrote it, and it will not spoil your relationship with Mick?". Richards said - "we're going on tour in July. this is a sufficient answer to your question about our relationship?"
And where is this tour?

No tour this year and I do not think that will be the next

The interview does exist, (or it did) because I saw it. Think it was posted here at some point by someone. I recall the interviewer asking Keith "point blank" about the "todger" remark in the book which prompted Keith's reply previously stated.

Certainly if another year passes and we still haven't heard anything then I would be inclined to agree with you that there is a real rift between these guys that has caused the break up of the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. Until then, I am going to maintain the belief that the show is going to go on, at least for a little while longer.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:19

He's only doing it because of the Pirates movie. There is no other reason he'd bother with doing such a thing - nothing's happened with the Stones and nothing is going to as far as any new LP or tour.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:34

Well, let´s see what Keith says.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:38

carlostones10
Well, let´s see what Keith says.

he'll say it's good to be there...and it was good to be on the pirates' set...and it'll be good to be wherever he's going next. end of interview, thanks for coming.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:46

"Johnny...yah man...he's a good cat. A friend of my son's...weird little guy..."

"We're waiting on the lead singer...we don't go anywhere if the singer don't wanna do it...I learned that the hard way...(cackle cackle)"

"I'm writing everyday...I wait to receive the signals from above and I transmit them, ya know?"

I'll have my BS-o-meter handy for the interview...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:47

geeeeezzz what a bunch of cranky pessimistic old hens clucking away. Should rename this place the hen house..... bunch of old women gossiping and crabbing on the corner.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:48

Max'sKansasCity
geeeeezzz what a bunch of cranky pessimistic old hens clucking away. Should rename this place the hen house..... bunch of old women gossiping and crabbing on the corner.

thank you for noticing. most people just ignore us.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:53

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 10, 2011 20:56

Justin
"Johnny...yah man...he's a good cat. A friend of my son's...weird little guy..."

"We're waiting on the lead singer...we don't go anywhere if the singer don't wanna do it...I learned that the hard way...(cackle cackle)"

"I'm writing everyday...I wait to receive the signals from above and I transmit them, ya know?"

I'm sure they will probably go over exactly what they'll talk about before hand.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 21:03

From Keith's site:

May 10, 2011
Keith On Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Heads up folks! Keith is Jimmy's special guest on this Wednesday's (May 11) episode of NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Tune in or set your DVRs to see Keith discuss Life and his appearance as Captain Jack Teague in the upcoming blockbuster, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 10, 2011 21:30

Hey, dewlover - I didn't start the first OFFICIAL tour thread, I just made fun of it by starting my own. The same with the DONE DEAL bit which I think everyone knows belongs to another regular. It was meant in good fun only.

Do I think they'll tour next year? No, I don't but I'd love to be wrong.

Do I think Keith will play tomorrow night on Fallon? No, I don't but I'd love to be wrong.

Do I think there will be another brand new Stones CD? No, I don't (at least not in the next three years) but I'd love to be wrong.

Date: May 11, 2011 01:21

Rocky Dijon
Hey, dewlover - I didn't start the first OFFICIAL tour thread, I just made fun of it by starting my own. The same with the DONE DEAL bit which I think everyone knows belongs to another regular. It was meant in good fun only.

Do I think they'll tour next year? No, I don't but I'd love to be wrong.

Do I think Keith will play tomorrow night on Fallon? No, I don't but I'd love to be wrong.

Do I think there will be another brand new Stones CD? No, I don't (at least not in the next three years) but I'd love to be wrong.

Rocky,

Nothing personal of course but I hope you are wrong on all counts also, however, if you turn out to be right, especially on the tour and album, I will be the first to acknowledge it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 11, 2011 01:45

Rocky, I think you are wrong on the first and third but I will not acknowledge it per se.

I'll let you come back with all the others to say "I told you so." cool smiley

I'll be sad.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 11, 2011 04:10

Justin

them's pretty good Keith-isms!

Date: May 11, 2011 05:03

Angee, I wouldn't say I told you so because it's just my opinion. I have no insider knowledge, I'm just not expecting it. As always I'd welcome a Stones tour in 2012 and a new album and Keith playing on Fallon tomorrow, but if we were taking bets, I would bet against all three.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 11, 2011 06:10

Rocky, I'll bet against all three with you and raise you seven of eight.

Date: May 11, 2011 06:20

For those that do not believe the Stones have signed a contract not to tour next year, you should be aware that the practice (as it were) is not without precedent as demonstrated in this scene from ANIMAL CRACKERS (1930):

Spaulding: What do you fellas get an hour?
Ravelli: For playing, we get-a ten dollars an hour.
Spaulding: I see. What do you get for not playing?
Ravelli: Twelve dollars an hour.
Spaulding: Well, clip me off a piece of that.
Ravelli: Now for rehearsing, we make special rate. That's-a fifteen dollars an hour...That's-a for rehearsing.
Spaulding: And what do you get for not rehearsing?
Ravelli: You couldn't afford it. You see, if we don't rehearse, we a-don't play, and if we don't play (he snaps his finger) - that runs into money.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 11, 2011 06:23

Rocky Dijon
For those that do not believe the Stones have signed a contract not to tour next year, you should be aware that the practice (as it were) is not without precedent as demonstrated in this scene from ANIMAL CRACKERS (1930):

Spaulding: What do you fellas get an hour?
Ravelli: For playing, we get-a ten dollars an hour.
Spaulding: I see. What do you get for not playing?
Ravelli: Twelve dollars an hour.
Spaulding: Well, clip me off a piece of that.
Ravelli: Now for rehearsing, we make special rate. That's-a fifteen dollars an hour...That's-a for rehearsing.
Spaulding: And what do you get for not rehearsing?
Ravelli: You couldn't afford it. You see, if we don't rehearse, we a-don't play, and if we don't play (he snaps his finger) - that runs into money.

You should really quit while your behind Rocky.eye rolling smiley

Date: May 11, 2011 06:54

Why quit when I can rely upon you for a reaction?

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: May 11, 2011 07:53

CHRIS CORNELL (SOUND GARDEN) on JF tonight. May 10th - should be good !!!

Re: Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Date: May 12, 2011 04:08

Less than 7 hrs to go out here on the west coast! Currently watching Shine A Light and just finished my second beer. High anticipation in this household because tonight could determine if there is any future for me as a cheerleader for the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:21

Rocky Dijon
Angee, I wouldn't say I told you so because it's just my opinion. I have no insider knowledge, I'm just not expecting it. As always I'd welcome a Stones tour in 2012 and a new album and Keith playing on Fallon tomorrow, but if we were taking bets, I would bet against all three.

Okay, keith is not playing tonight...I've agreed. like you, i'm not expecting it, and would be thrilled if it happened.
I am hoping the tour and album are on.

It'll still be fun to see what he says to Fallon. I hope it's not all about being a pirate father.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:41

It is interesting that Keith chooses to go Jimmy Fallon's show instead of the Letterman Show, which has a better time slot and a bigger audience. Maybe Keith doesn't cotton to Dave?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:53

mitchflorida
It is interesting that Keith chooses to go Jimmy Fallon's show instead of the Letterman Show, which has a better time slot and a bigger audience. Maybe Keith doesn't cotton to Dave?

They have boycotted Dave for years because of jokes Dave made about their age. And that was years ago.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:54

mitchflorida

Maybe because Dave doesn't want to kiss his ass.

Re: Will Keith Confirm 2012 50th Anniversary Tour On Jimmy Fallon Wednesday Night?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:59

stonescrow
Less than 7 hrs to go out here on the west coast! Currently watching Shine A Light and just finished my second beer. High anticipation in this household because tonight could determine if there is any future for me as a cheerleader for the Rolling Stones.

To stop being a fan because they might not tour? You don't sound like a fan, at all.

They've been around 40+ years. They are old, not getting along, etc. Everything since the late 80's has been icing on the cake.

I'd love to see the Stones one more time. If not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

But hey, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home