Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2009
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2009 17:51

AWESOME!! Bruce keeps raising the stakes. Tks SCL.... One other thing- It's obvious ESB loves Lucky Town material - but who doesn't?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:01

sweetcharmedlife
Milwaukee 11/15

8:18 Lights Out (Max on Drums, No Patti)

1. Cadillac Ranch
2. Badlands
3. Hungry Heart(Crowd Surfing)
4. Working On A Dream("Good evening Ohio")
5. Thunder Road
6. 10th Avenue Freezeout
7. Night
8. Backstreets
9. Born To Run
10. She's The One
11. Meeting Across The River
12. Jungleland
13. Darlington County
14. Waiting On A Sunny Day(10 y/o sings, and asks for/recieves drum stick)
15. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Request)
16. Loose Ends (Request) "I get it- are you loose?"
17. Jole Blon (Request)
18. Growin Up (Request)
19. Into The Fire
20. The Rising
21. No Surrender

22. LIVING PROOF(sign)
23. Kitty's Back
24. American Land
25. Dancing In The Dark
26. Rosalita
27. Higher And Higher

I heard it was a good show last night (here in Milwaukee).
Did he really say "good evening ohio" ? I heard something
on the news about that but I thought he made that mistake in another city.
At least he started with Cadillac Ranch which mentions "WISCONSIN NIGHTS".

The E-Street band attended the Steely Dan Show (previous night in Milw) on their
night off.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: November 16, 2009 18:05

Sweet Neo Con -

In this case, he is poking fun at himself.

L.O.

Date: November 16, 2009 18:07

Chris Fountain
Sweet Neo Con -

L.O.

about the ohio thing? ah...thanks. where did he originally say it?
i thought in Michigan..is that correct?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:14

sweet neo con
Chris Fountain
Sweet Neo Con -

L.O.

about the ohio thing? ah...thanks. where did he originally say it?
i thought in Michigan..is that correct?
Yes,in Detroit he mentioned Ohio a couple of times before Steve Van Zandt told him the mistake.

Date: November 16, 2009 18:16

(Review from Milwaukee Journal - Sentinel)

'Born to Run' just as fresh as in 1975
By Jon M. Gilbertson
Posted: Nov. 16, 2009

Anyone skeptical about Bruce Springsteen might doubt the claims of his fanatics.

Marathon-length shows, responsiveness to crowds, the vigor of youth within the body of a 60-year-old man: It can all seem like lunatic hyperbole.

Sunday night at the Bradley Center, it was all lunatic reality.

With his longtime comrades, the E Street Band, Springsteen stepped back to 1975 - the year he broke through with "Born to Run" - and made the trip feel like a journey to Just Yesterday.

He didn't jump right into that, warming up his initially ragged voice with other classics like "Hungry Heart" and "Badlands."

When ready, though, he picked up his harmonica, blew some plaintive notes, and with pianist Roy Bittan riding shotgun, took the exit toward "Thunder Road."

From then on, the evening went by the way billboards, streetlights and years always appear to zip by the windshield in so many of his songs.

The E Street Band kept pace.

Drummer Max Weinberg hit his drums as though letting out everything he doesn't get to release in his other gig as Conan O'Brien's late-night-TV bandleader.

Guitarists Nils Lofgren and Steven Van Zandt brought extra rhythm and lead parts to buttress Springsteen's none-too-shabby skills in those six-string areas.

And Clarence Clemons made good on his nickname - "the Big Man" - by honking out sax solos that another, equally seasoned (but less engaged) player might have exhaled during naptime.

The E Street Band measured up to its recorded performance on the well-known "Born to Run" favorites - the grand title track, in particular - but it also enhanced the underrated tracks.

With Bittan's help, "Jungleland" soared above its resemblance to other piano-based epics of its time (compared with Billy Joel and Meat Loaf), and trumpet player Curt Ramm poured fresh poignancy into the hard-luck, last-chance noir of "Meeting Across the River."

The crowd, which did not quite fill the venue, did feed the Boss and the band's energy right back at them.

Fans made creative requests with signs and, on one occasion, an impressive 2-D Christmas tree.

And while the Boss often obliged, it was his stage, and he commanded it with testifying that could make any rock 'n' roll apostate regain his faith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 18:20 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 16, 2009 18:20

Yes. Again, comedians and musicians alike have misidentified where the hell they are. No big deal, however, sports and competition always enter the scene. For example, let's say the Boss was in Dallas and said " How's everyone in D.C. doing tonight?" It's not the mistake that riles folks it's the hatred of sports followings that makes the situation irritable.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:23

dylan never effs up like this

Date: November 16, 2009 18:28

T&A

cuz he never speaks (only "sings" ) ...right?

Date: November 16, 2009 18:31

Chris Fountain
Yes. Again, comedians and musicians alike have misidentified where the hell they are. No big deal, however, sports and competition always enter the scene. For example, let's say the Boss was in Dallas and said " How's everyone in D.C. doing tonight?" It's not the mistake that riles folks it's the hatred of sports followings that makes the situation irritable.

When the Stones played Alpine Valley (30 miles southwest of Milwaukee, Wisconsin) in '89
Mick acknowledged Illinois & Chicago fans before Wisconsin & Milwaukee. It irked some fans
because Stones had not visited Wisconsin since 1975.

The band helicoptered to Alpine Valley from Chicago for their 3 show stint.

(And Ronnie wore a Chicago Bear football jersey for part of the show. )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 18:33 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 16, 2009 18:40

Maybe the solution would be the hiring of a travel agent such as the goofy Orbitz guy with his hover craft

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:41

sweet neo con
T&A

cuz he never speaks (only "sings" ) ...right?

tells the occasional lame joke and introduces the players...but, otherwise, this is true....sometimes will tell his band to playing effing loud or something...but that's kinda rare, too....

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:41

I'm still sweating from last night's show, Springsteen and E Street absolutely smoked. We've seen him a number of times and last night in Milwaukee was another epic. Of course, most of his shows in Brewtown are phenomenal. Yeah, I know, kinda gushy, but this may be the last time seeing this configuration. Springsteen even joked about it when talking about a request sign that included a newborn dubbed Future Boss Fan, saying he hoped he wasn't dead when the child was old enough to get to a show.

Date: November 16, 2009 18:47

roryg
I'm still sweating from last night's show, Springsteen and E Street absolutely smoked. We've seen him a number of times and last night in Milwaukee was another epic. Of course, most of his shows in Brewtown are phenomenal. Yeah, I know, kinda gushy, but this may be the last time seeing this configuration. Springsteen even joked about it when talking about a request sign that included a newborn dubbed Future Boss Fan, saying he hoped he wasn't dead when the child was old enough to get to a show.
Well considering people are bringing infants to shows nowadays. I think the boss will be kissing baby's in the pit soon.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:56

"I get it- are you loose?"

Obscure 1975 bootleg reference lost on non-hardcore fans!

Date: November 16, 2009 20:24

roryg

roryg are you in Milwaukee?

other than the infamous BOMB SCARE show & more recent Harley Davidson show....does
Bruce have a special place in his heart for Milwaukee?

re: bruce & infant sign ...see the YouTube clip on previous page of this thread. "Living Proof"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 20:26 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: November 17, 2009 01:23

Of course, the bomb scare show started the whole "Are you loose" schtickafter the band had been drinking at the Pfister while the Uptown was checked for bombs (we went to the nearer Von Trier for our libations). Springsteen has played Milwaukee on almost all his tours (several times he hit it more than once) and the setlists for Milw. have generally been adventurous, considering it's a non-coastie city. My favorite show was the Arena show in the late seventies. After hearing "Badlands" I decided to quit my factory job and go back to school. Obviously, this was just a bit of influence, but it still hit me with the power of music.

Date: November 17, 2009 04:16

roryg
... the setlists for Milw. have generally been adventurous, considering it's a non-coastie city. .

Born in the USA tour visited Alpine Valley (instead of Milwaukee)

do you think they see Milw as a middle-American, Blue Collar city where they can try out new things
and be appreciated for it? any E-Street bandmembers from Brew-town?

Rory... i Still don't know if you live in Milwaukee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-17 14:30 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 17, 2009 05:26

sweet neo con
roryg
... the setlists for Milw. have generally been adventurous, considering it's a non-coastie city. .

Born in the USA tour visited Alpine Valley (instead of Milwaukee)

do you think they see Milw as a middle-American, Blue Collar city where they can try out new things
and be appreciated for it? any E-Street bandmembers from Brew-town?

Riory... i Still don't know if you live in Milwaukee.
No no ESTreeters from brewtown. Not sure if you can say Milwaukee gets any more special setlists than anybody else. That's just Bruce. He trys to make every city special...But since he did'nt bother to come back out west on this second US leg. I guess the midwest is a lot more special. Or Jon Landau is an enormous douche bag who does'nt know his ass from a hole in the ground. Plenty of places Bruce could have sold very well on a second leg out west. Espicially since he did'nt play the PNW at all. Thanks Landau. All the talk about Philly and Jersey. We can not sell out on the west coast as well.

Date: November 19, 2009 17:26

Nashville 11/18
1. Wrecking Ball
2. Seeds
3. Trapped
4. Something In The Night
5. Hungry Heart (CS)
6. Working On A Dream
7. Thunder Road
8. Tenth Ave Freeze Out
9. Night
10. Backstreets
11. Born To Run
12. She's The One
13. Meeting Across The River
14. Jungleland
15. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
16. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (request)
17. Two Hearts (request)
18. Darlington County
19. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
20. Lonesome Day
21. The Rising
22. Badlands
~~~~~~~~~~~
23. RING OF FIRE (request)
24. No Surrender
25. Bobby Jean
26. American Land
27. Dancing In The Dark
28. Higher & Higher
29. Rosalita

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-20 17:35 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: November 20, 2009 11:26

the setlist posted above is missing 2 songs in the encore

higher and higher and rosalita

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2009 14:57

The next few months will probably be quiet in terms of touring, but finally some great news on the archives front, via rollingstone.com :

What’s Next for Springsteen: “Darkness on the Edge of Town” Box Set, “Dream” Tour DVD
11/19/09, 2:53 pm EST

This Sunday, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will wrap up their two-year tour by performing their 1973 debut album Greetings From Asbury Park in its entirety (stick with Rolling Stone for a full report).

After that, Springsteen’s next moves are unclear. His manager, Jon Landau, says the only plans for 2010 are the release of the long-delayed Darkness on the Edge of Town box set and a DVD of the Working on a Dream tour. “The Darkness box set is 93 percent done,” he tells RS. “It’s absolutely fantastic and there are just some finishing touches that we need to turn our attention to and finalize and we’ll get it out there.” As for the Dream DVD, Landau says, “We’re working on some different approaches to a DVD for this tour. We’ll release it sometime fairly soon, post-Christmas.” Grab the next issue of RS, out November 25th, to read E Street’s reflections on their magical two years on the road.

The Darkness box will likely contain a remastered edition of the disc, a new documentary about the making of the LP, as well as live footage from the 1978 tour. A handful of pro-shot shows circulate through the fan community, but there’s no word on which concert will be brought out of the vaults for the set. In 2005, fans were stunned when a previously unknown complete performance from London in 1975 appeared on the Born to Run box set. The Darkness on the Edge of Town tour is widely regarded as the high water mark of Springsteen’s live career.

There are no plans for another E Street Band album or tour next year. “We just had back-to-back tours and back-to-back records,” Landau says. “That’s never happened before, so we’re going to have substantial downtime at this point. The E Street Band does have an illustrious future, but I don’t have anything more specific to tell you about next year except those two media projects that are on the horizon.”

The E Street Band have mixed feelings about the tour coming to an end. “I really don’t want the work to end, but I need to go home,” says guitarist Nils Lofgren. “It’s kind of an inherent level of homesickness that wears on you. I’m really looking forward to being home and actually unpacking my suitcase. It sat there with my dogs giving me dirty looks for two years.”

Steven Van Zandt has similar feelings. “It feels very much like The Sopranos,” he says. “Everybody was like, ‘Well, we’re extremely successful and still very high on the ratings,’ but David Chase knew it was time to stop. In the end I agreed and I feel like it’s the same thing here.” He says he hasn’t had any discussions with Springsteen about future work. “I’m always afraid to stop,” he says. “You think, ‘If we stop, can we get this thing going again?’ After a year or two off, you find yourself at the bottom of Mt. Everest looking up and thinking, ‘How are we gonna get there?’ I will be surprised if we don’t continue and if you ask me if I think we’ll continue I’ll certainly say yes. It’s just a matter of what happens to everybody physically, beginning with Clarence [Clemons] I suppose. He may fantasize about retiring, but with all his ex-wives I doubt it.”

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 20, 2009 15:09

.... beginning with Clarence [Clemons] I suppose. He may fantasize about retiring, but with all his ex-wives I doubt it.”

Classic!

Thanks for posting Gazza.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 20, 2009 21:28

Gazza
The next few months will probably be quiet in terms of touring, but finally some great news on the archives front, via rollingstone.com :

What’s Next for Springsteen: “Darkness on the Edge of Town” Box Set, “Dream” Tour DVD
11/19/09, 2:53 pm EST

This Sunday, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will wrap up their two-year tour by performing their 1973 debut album Greetings From Asbury Park in its entirety (stick with Rolling Stone for a full report).

After that, Springsteen’s next moves are unclear. His manager, Jon Landau, says the only plans for 2010 are the release of the long-delayed Darkness on the Edge of Town box set and a DVD of the Working on a Dream tour. “The Darkness box set is 93 percent done,” he tells RS. “It’s absolutely fantastic and there are just some finishing touches that we need to turn our attention to and finalize and we’ll get it out there.” As for the Dream DVD, Landau says, “We’re working on some different approaches to a DVD for this tour. We’ll release it sometime fairly soon, post-Christmas.” Grab the next issue of RS, out November 25th, to read E Street’s reflections on their magical two years on the road.

The Darkness box will likely contain a remastered edition of the disc, a new documentary about the making of the LP, as well as live footage from the 1978 tour. A handful of pro-shot shows circulate through the fan community, but there’s no word on which concert will be brought out of the vaults for the set. In 2005, fans were stunned when a previously unknown complete performance from London in 1975 appeared on the Born to Run box set. The Darkness on the Edge of Town tour is widely regarded as the high water mark of Springsteen’s live career.

There are no plans for another E Street Band album or tour next year. “We just had back-to-back tours and back-to-back records,” Landau says. “That’s never happened before, so we’re going to have substantial downtime at this point. The E Street Band does have an illustrious future, but I don’t have anything more specific to tell you about next year except those two media projects that are on the horizon.”

The E Street Band have mixed feelings about the tour coming to an end. “I really don’t want the work to end, but I need to go home,” says guitarist Nils Lofgren. “It’s kind of an inherent level of homesickness that wears on you. I’m really looking forward to being home and actually unpacking my suitcase. It sat there with my dogs giving me dirty looks for two years.”

Steven Van Zandt has similar feelings. “It feels very much like The Sopranos,” he says. “Everybody was like, ‘Well, we’re extremely successful and still very high on the ratings,’ but David Chase knew it was time to stop. In the end I agreed and I feel like it’s the same thing here.” He says he hasn’t had any discussions with Springsteen about future work. “I’m always afraid to stop,” he says. “You think, ‘If we stop, can we get this thing going again?’ After a year or two off, you find yourself at the bottom of Mt. Everest looking up and thinking, ‘How are we gonna get there?’ I will be surprised if we don’t continue and if you ask me if I think we’ll continue I’ll certainly say yes. It’s just a matter of what happens to everybody physically, beginning with Clarence [Clemons] I suppose. He may fantasize about retiring, but with all his ex-wives I doubt it.”

Fantastic news!

Date: November 21, 2009 03:40

cool. i hope if they release a concert like on the born to run deluxe version they release it seperate as well. i'll just buy the concert like i did the hammersmith concert from the born to run tour

Date: November 21, 2009 06:46

Baltimore 11/20
01. Wrecking Ball
02. Prove It All Night
03. Hungry Heart
04. Working On A Dream
05. Thunder Road
06. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
07. Night
08. Backstreets
09. Born To Run
10. She's The One
11. Meeting Across The River
12. Jungleland
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. Spirit In The Night
15. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
16. E Street Shuffle
17. For You
18. Radio Nowhere
19. My Love Will Not Let You Down
20. Long Walk Home
21. The Rising
22. Badlands

23. Ramrod
24. Hard Times
25. Land Of Hope And Dreams
26. American Land
27. Dancing In The Dark
28. Rosalita
29. Higher And Higher
30. Glory Days
Great show in Balmore tonight.....Shuffleing off to Buffalo for the last show of the tour Sun night

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-21 17:25 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: November 23, 2009 06:52

Buffalo 11/22

01. Wrecking Ball
02. Ties That Bind
03. Hungry Heart
04. Working On A Dream
05. Blinded By The Light
06. Growin' Up
07. Mary Queen Of Arkansas
08. Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
09. Lost In The Flood
10. The Angel
11. For You
12. Spirit In The Night
13. It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
14. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. Restless Nights
17. Surprise, Surprise
18. Green Onions
19. Merry Christmas, Baby
20. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
21. (I Don't Want To) Hang Up My Rock & Roll Shoes
22. Boom Boom
23. My Love Will Not Let You Down
24. Long Walk Home
25. The Rising
26. Born To Run
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

28. I'll Work For Your Love
29. Thunder Road
30. American Land
31. Dancing In The Dark
32. Rosalita
33. Higher And Higher (w/ Willie Nile)
34. Rocking All Over The World
What a finale. Still not exactly sure if the Boss is done yet. Been more than a bit tough trying to follow tonight's setlist. Thanks Bruce,it's been great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-23 07:08 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: November 23, 2009 06:57

damn what a setlist

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 23, 2009 11:19

Thirty four songs!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 23, 2009 14:26

A setlist to kill for, with just one exception, Surprise Surprise!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home