Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2009
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:07

10/26/2009
Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band Cancel Sprint Center Show Due to Death In Family

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Oct. 26, 2009) – Due to a death in Bruce’s immediate family, tonight’s show at Sprint Center has been unavoidably cancelled. All tickets will be refunded at the point of purchase. Bruce and The Band deeply appreciate the understanding of our Kansas City audience and look forward to returning at the earliest opportunity.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:22

SCL

My thoughts go out to the entire ESB family and fans alike.

Chris

Date: October 27, 2009 02:59

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concert in Kansas City was canceled on Monday due to the death of a road crew member, officials said.
The concert was set to begin at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the downtown Sprint Center.

All tickets will be refunded at the point of purchase, Sprint Center officials said.

Police told KMBC that a 34-year-old member of the road crew died at the InterContinental Hotel at the Plaza. The death is not suspicious, police said.

"Bruce and The Band deeply appreciate the understanding of our Kansas City audience and look forward to returning at the earliest opportunity," Sprint officials said in a news release.

Date: October 27, 2009 18:52

LENNY SULLIVAN, R.I.P.
From brucespringsteen.net: "Lenny Sullivan, Bruce's cousin and the assistant road manager of the E Street Band for the last ten years, passed away today at the age of 36. A warm and sensitive person, he was beloved by Bruce, the Band, the crew, and the entire Thrill Hill family."

Our deepest condolences to all those who knew him and loved him.
- October 26, 2009

Date: November 3, 2009 06:25

Washington DC 11/02
8:20

1. Outlaw Pete (For Lenny)
2. Prove It All Night
3. Hungry Heart (crowd surf)
4. Working On a Dream
5. Thunder Road
6. Tenth Ave Freeze Out
7. Night
8. Backstreets
9. Born To Run
10. She's The One
11. Meeting Across The River
12. Jungleland
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. STAND ON IT (request)
15. Seven Nights To Rock
16. Growin' Up (request)
17. Pink Cadillac (request)
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
21. Hard Times
22. No Surrender
23. American Land (w/Ally Weinberg)
24. Dancing In The Dark
25. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
26. Higher & Higher

11:00

Date: November 4, 2009 05:36

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND TO PERFORM FULL ALBUM SEQUENCES AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN NEW YORK CITY 11/3/09

Special programs announced for this weekend's Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band shows at Madison Square Garden

On Saturday, November 7, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle in its entirety for the first time.

On Sunday, November 8, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform The River in its entirety for the first time.

The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle was originally released in 1973 and The River was originally released in 1980. They now join Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Born in the USA as albums that Bruce and the Band have performed in their entirety during their Fall tour.

Date: November 4, 2009 06:26

Charlotte 11/3/09

8:28

1. Seeds
2. Darlington County
3. Hungry Heart (crowd surf)
4. Working On a Dream
5. Thunder Road
6. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
7. Night
8. Backstreets
9. Born To Run
10. She's The One
11. Meeting Across The River
12. Jungleland
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. I Fought The Law
15. Sherry Darlin'
16. So Young & In Love
17. BROWN EYED GIRL
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Badlands

21. Hard Times
22. Bobby Jean
23. American Land
24. Dancin' In The Dark
25. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
26. Higher & Higher

11:11

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 4, 2009 11:18

sweetcharmedlife
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND TO PERFORM FULL ALBUM SEQUENCES AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN NEW YORK CITY 11/3/09

Special programs announced for this weekend's Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band shows at Madison Square Garden

On Saturday, November 7, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle in its entirety for the first time.

On Sunday, November 8, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform The River in its entirety for the first time.

The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle was originally released in 1973 and The River was originally released in 1980. They now join Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Born in the USA as albums that Bruce and the Band have performed in their entirety during their Fall tour.

F- ME!!!!!eye popping smiley

Too late to get tickets/flights. DAMN! Why doesn't he do this in Europe?

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: November 4, 2009 13:19

Nikolai
sweetcharmedlife
They now join Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Born in the USA as albums that Bruce and the Band have performed in their entirety during their Fall tour.

F- ME!!!!!eye popping smiley

Too late to get tickets/flights. DAMN! Why doesn't he do this in Europe?

My sentiment exactly.I saw him in Rome and it was more than brilliant but to see The River performed in entirety would be an otherworldly experience

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 4, 2009 14:47

Our man Logie is in New York for these shows, and I think he spontaneously combusted last night when I texted him this info. Lucky, lucky bastid.

Date: November 4, 2009 16:34

Gazza
Our man Logie is in New York for these shows, and I think he spontaneously combusted last night when I texted him this info. Lucky, lucky bastid.

Lucky bastardo indeed. Either night will be memorable, but BOTH ...

Date: November 4, 2009 17:54

Gazza
Yes Logie wins the luckiest SOB on IORR this week. LOL. Good for him. Man,talk about showing some great respect for his fans and doing things they've wanted to hear for years. Amazing. The Stones need to look up the definition of fan friendly.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 4, 2009 18:31

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
Yes Logie wins the luckiest SOB on IORR this week. LOL. Good for him. Man,talk about showing some great respect for his fans and doing things they've wanted to hear for years. Amazing. The Stones need to look up the definition of fan friendly.eye rolling smiley
Why? If they choose not to be... Ain't that all right, or should everyone be fan friendly to the point of sucking up?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 4, 2009 18:49

How the f*** is it 'sucking up' ?

Jesus wept, Kent, if the Stones burgled your home, burnt your cat on the fire and then charged you 500 Euro for the privilege of watching it, you'd probably find some way of twisting it into something positive.

And if you're trying to tell me that if you went to a Stones show and werent thrilled at the prospect of them playing your favourite album from start to finish, I'd find it very hard to believe.

Then again, I suppose they SHOULDNT do it because...some fans might like it too much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-04 18:53 by Gazza.

Date: November 4, 2009 19:05

Gazza

Jesus wept, Kent, if the Stones burgled your home, burnt your cat on the fire and then charged you 500 Euro for the privilege of watching it, you'd probably find some way of twisting it into something positive.

And if you're trying to tell me that if you went to a Stones show and werent thrilled at the prospect of them playing your favourite album from start to finish, I'd find it very hard to believe.

Then again, I suppose they SHOULDNT do it because...some fans might like it too much.

Which beggars the question - who do The Stones think they're playing for these days? The first time/one time only boxticking crowd who routinely turn out to see them because they're, urm, "legends" who are "old" and "won't be around forever"? They know Satisfaction and they do the "woohs" in Brown Sugar and the "doo-doo-doo-doo-der-der-doo" bit in Miss You. Or people like us, the 'ardcore, who are already thinking of what kind of crush to expect in the journey home when Jagger starts exhorting the crowd to do the "Woohs!" in Brown Sugar (We're not "wooing" because we did all that shite in 1982 (well, I did), and we're pissed off because it was the usual warhorse heavy carousel, and we're already thinking of writing up our gripes on here).

Bruce - or Jon Landau - listens to the fans, knows what they like and what they want to hear. Which is why he's still playing to huge crowds of fairly familiar faces. Of course, the downside of this is that someone going to a Bruce gig for the hits, will probably be disappointed that he didn't play "that one from that Tom Hanks film". The Stones do the opposite. They play to an audience that is at least 40-50% new (the next generation of boxtickers) every tour, so they please them with highlights from Forty Licks. And piss off the likes of me, who wants to hear them play, you know "Time Waits For No One" and "Play With Fire" instead of Brown Sugar and Satisfaction.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-04 19:16 by Nikolai.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 4, 2009 19:11

Gazza is right on the money as always. On the other hand, respect to JumpingKentFlash for always defending the Rolling Stones, no matter what decisions they make....

Date: November 4, 2009 19:18

Gazza

That's outrageous Gazza .... but funny as fook. You going to see The Specials at all, this tour? They're playing THE WHOLE of their first album.

Date: November 4, 2009 19:33

1. Gazza is the V.O.R.

2. Question for the "N" - I like the Specials after discovering via posts on iorr. L.O. was engaged into many activities and missed out on their initiation in the 80s?. Do they perform American venues?

Date: November 4, 2009 19:51

Chris Fountain
1. Gazza is the V.O.R.

2. Question for the "N" - I like the Specials after discovering via posts on iorr. L.O. was engaged into many activities and missed out on their initiation in the 80s?. Do they perform American venues?

The N (I like that - The N - nice one, Chris, thanks mate) replies: I don't think they're touring the US this time out. There were speculative plans, but it's next to impossible for foreign bands to tour the US these days without record company support. The Specials were never popular Stateside. They were making tentative headway, getting a media blitz when they played LA in 1980, Saturday Night Live (track down that performance - it's blistering, fuelled on inter-band hate and coke and booze), and supporting The Police. Then they split up. They did get offered a support slot on the No Doubt reunion tour, but they nixed it in favour of doing the big UK tours. They may be playing Europe next year, but I doubt it.

I don't think the reunion will stop in December. Expect them back in 2011.

By the way, I should point out that they listen to their fans. Roddy the guitarist is a regular on the fansite forums. Totally irreverent and very funny. He noted numerous requests for Stupid Marriage and Guns of Navarone and they've been included in the current tour setlist. Of course, I went and asked him if they could also do "I Can't Stand It". His response: "We can't stand that song".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-04 20:03 by Nikolai.

Date: November 4, 2009 20:03

Nikolai
Gazza

That's outrageous Gazza .... but funny as fook. You going to see The Specials at all, this tour? They're playing THE WHOLE of their first album.

Theyre playing here this month and I'd like to but they sold out. Waiting for a ticket drop.

I should point out that Kent's my mate and he knows I dont mean anything personal in our 'heated' discussions....

Date: November 4, 2009 20:10

Nice summation. L.O. sincerely appreciates all efforts by The N.

Of course, I went and asked him if they could also do "I Can't Stand It". His response: "We can't stand that song".

Staff members were amused by conversation and have beeen given the rest of day off.

BTW what locale/State is The N positioned?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 4, 2009 20:33

Gazza

Blah blah blah Jesus wept. Hold yer horses mate. Did I say that "The Father Of Fan Friendly Concerts" Bruce Springsteen was sucking up? No, I did not. Did I say that there was anything wrong with the way he does his concerts? No, I did not. Don't get me wrong: I'd love to hear an entire album by The Stones. It would be nice. I just always tell myself that there is no point in bitching about what you do not get, but rather one should comment on what you DO get. I can't be bothered what Bruce plays, and what does that have to do with The Stones anyway? Some people give the impression that the Bruce way is the only way, and that's wrong. With The Stones you know what you get, pretty much. And guess what: You STILL went to multiple shows on the last tour. What, you went to that many because there was a 0.5% chance that they'd do all of Undercover? Probably that's a "no"... Right? If it's a "yes" then I hate to tell you that you're being naive. Seems that it's only rock 'n roll, but you like it. I mean come on: You REALLY think that The Stones are captured by the evil claw of Michael Cohl, that they have no control over the ticket prices, and that they have no control in what they play? I don't believe that tired gripe for one second. I think they went with Cohl, fully aware what they could and couldn't do. And stop the @#$%& hassle that I'm a looney fan who only defends. You know it's not true.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 4, 2009 20:44

here, fishy fishy...

smileys with beer

Date: November 4, 2009 20:58

What kind of fish pictured?

Date: November 4, 2009 21:01

It's not my plaice to say.....

Date: November 4, 2009 21:03

It has red dot mmm maybe an Indian fish?

Date: November 4, 2009 21:06

The N (I like that - The N - nice one, Chris, thanks mate) replies:

Staff members of the League Office expect a reprisal from Nicos.

Comish

Date: November 4, 2009 21:33

Nikolai
Gazza

Which beggars the question - who do The Stones think they're playing for these days? The first time/one time only boxticking crowd who routinely turn out to see them because they're, urm, "legends" who are "old" and "won't be around forever"? They know Satisfaction and they do the "woohs" in Brown Sugar and the "doo-doo-doo-doo-der-der-doo" bit in Miss You. Or people like us, the 'ardcore, who are already thinking of what kind of crush to expect in the journey home when Jagger starts exhorting the crowd to do the "Woohs!" in Brown Sugar (We're not "wooing" because we did all that shite in 1982 (well, I did), and we're pissed off because it was the usual warhorse heavy carousel, and we're already thinking of writing up our gripes on here).

Bruce - or Jon Landau - listens to the fans, knows what they like and what they want to hear. Which is why he's still playing to huge crowds of fairly familiar faces. Of course, the downside of this is that someone going to a Bruce gig for the hits, will probably be disappointed that he didn't play "that one from that Tom Hanks film". The Stones do the opposite. They play to an audience that is at least 40-50% new (the next generation of boxtickers) every tour, so they please them with highlights from Forty Licks. And piss off the likes of me, who wants to hear them play, you know "Time Waits For No One" and "Play With Fire" instead of Brown Sugar and Satisfaction.

Well to be fair and honest. he is playing Born to Run at most shows to help sell tickets. But to pull out two epic albums and play then in their entirety at the most famous arena in the US. That shows a lot of respect and appreciation for his fans. Ok,so the Stones are'n tfan friendly and no they don't have to be.....and judging by the recently remastered Ya Ya's. HAve no intention of doing so in the future.

Date: November 9, 2009 01:58

I'm a little late with this. (Something about a birthday). But MSG #1 11/7

01. Thundercrack
02. Seeds
03. Prove It All Night
04. Hungry Heart
05. Working On A Dream
06. E Street Shuffle
07. 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
08. Kitty's Back
09. Wild Billy's Circus Story
10. Incident On 57th Street
11. Rosalita
12. New York City Serenade
13. Waiting On A Sunny Day
14. Raise Your Hand
15. Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
16. Glory Days
17. Human Touch
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Born To Run

21. Wrecking Ball
22. Bobby Jean
23. American Land
24. Dancing In the Dark
25. Higher And Higher

Tonight should be real interesting. All of The River.

Date: November 9, 2009 04:14

>10. Incident On 57th Street
11. Rosalita
12. New York City Serenade

Doesnt get any better than those three played back-to-back.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home