Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 39
OT:Bruce Springsteen
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 6, 2009 07:24

Austin,TX 4/5
1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. Prove It All Night
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
10. Working On The Highway
11. Sherry Darlin' (request)
12. She's The One
13. Because The Night
14. Waiting On A Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. The Wrestler
17. Kingdom of Days
18. Radio Nowhere
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born To Run

22. Hard Times
23. JUNGLELAND
24. Tenth Ave Freezeout
25. I'm A Rocker
26. Land Of Hope & Dreams
27. American Land
28. Glory Days

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 07:04 by sweetcharmedlife.

Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen Setlists 2009
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 6, 2009 07:43

Getting better!!!

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: April 6, 2009 21:04

At this rate the shows might reach 33-34 songs.Like parts of The River tour. Anything is possible.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 6, 2009 21:54

"Glory Days" is a much better closer than "American Land".

"Glory Daze" would be a great song title.

Date: April 8, 2009 06:43

Tulsa,OK 4/7

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. Night
4. Out In The Street
5. Working On A Dream
6. Seeds
7. Johnny 99
8. Youngstown
9. I'm On Fire
10. Working On The Highway
11. I'm Goin' Down!!
12. Waiting On A Sunny Day
13. The Promised Land
14 The Wrestler
15. Kingdom of Days
16. Lonesome Day
17. The Rising
18. Born To Run

19. Hard Times
20. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
21. Tenth Ave. Freezeout
22. Land Of Hope & Dreams
23. American Land
24. Dancin In The Dark

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 8, 2009 06:54

wow, Im goin down is a surprise. thats the song from the born in the USA album right? Ive heard in an interview Bruce said that He didn't like really like that song. Ive always liked it though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 06:55 by ryanpow.

Date: April 8, 2009 17:37

ryanpow
wow, Im goin down is a surprise. thats the song from the born in the USA album right? Ive heard in an interview Bruce said that He didn't like really like that song. Ive always liked it though.

Yes very rarely played. Although I did hear it in Nashville last year. Your right about him not liking it. But he played it by request last night. The highlight of an otherwise ordinary setlist. But hey it's Tulsa. They're just happy to have him there...and he rocked the BOK.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 8, 2009 18:40

It would appear the presence of songs from the smash-hit album "Working On A Dream" are becoming increasingly scarce as the tour progresses.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 8, 2009 20:15

Your 'accidental' omission of the rest of the world sales in your claim that the album has 'only' sold half a million would render your obsession a bit pointless and silly, but keep up the good work. It sure keeps the rest of us amused.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 8, 2009 20:39

Man Youngstown and I'm On Fire. Really wished I'd grabbed the tix when I had the chance.

Date: April 8, 2009 20:42

Gazza
Your 'accidental' omission of the rest of the world sales in your claim that the album has 'only' sold half a million would render your obsession a bit pointless and silly, but keep up the good work. It sure keeps the rest of us amused.

#56 on B'board and dropping like a rock (#36 last week). Five new songs in Austin and three in Tulsa two days later. One might assume the new songs even tanked in the erudite and progressive music capital of the world that is Austin. Indeed, "Working on A Dream" is a massive success.

Date: April 8, 2009 22:11

R
It would appear the presence of songs from the smash-hit album "Working On A Dream" are becoming increasingly scarce as the tour progresses.

But he still plays more new stuff than the Stones did off of their smash album A Bigger Bust.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 8, 2009 22:39

Why is he playing "Working on the Highway" ?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 8, 2009 22:44

supporters will support and detractors will detract and deride. as it should be. carry on.

Date: April 8, 2009 23:01

sweetcharmedlife
R

But he still plays more new stuff than the Stones did off of their smash album A Bigger Bust.

The bottom line is this,Springsteen always supports his new album on tour. Always did. Already played about half the songs from the new album and only 4 shows in. And the numbers will rise. I think the Stones'max in a show on ABB was 4 songs,and that quickly dropped to 1 or 2 per show.Unfortunately they can't build a show around their new music.(I wish they would). Basically a greatest hits tour every time out.Which is fine too.

Date: April 9, 2009 01:37

R
Gazza

#56 on B'board and dropping like a rock (#36 last week). Five new songs in Austin and three in Tulsa two days later. One might assume the new songs even tanked in the erudite and progressive music capital of the world that is Austin. Indeed, "Working on A Dream" is a massive success.

Have a w**k if it keeps you happy. One million sales in two and a half months is pretty good in my book. Apart from you, who cares anyway?

For someone who doesnt give a shite about the guy, you're pretty obsessive. Actually, it was four new songs, not three, but hey whats one song to an obsessive if trying to prove a point means so much? Your lies trip you up in every post. Maybe, just maybe, he played more old songs because it was his first show in that state since 1978?

Still no comeback on my question a few days ago? [www.iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-09 04:35 by Gazza.

Date: April 9, 2009 17:23

Houston 4/8

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. No Surrender
4. Out In The Street
5. Working On A Dream
6. Seeds
7. Johnny 99
8. Ghost of Tom Joad
9. Working On The Highway
10. CADILLAC RANCH
11. IT'S HARD TO BE A SAINT IN THE CITY
13. The Promised Land
14. The Wrestler
15. Kingdom of Days
16. Radio Nowhere
17. Lonesome Day
18. The Rising
19. Born To Run

20. Hard Times
21. Tenth Avenue Freezeout
22. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
23. Land of Hope & Dreams

Date: April 9, 2009 18:41

Gazza

Have a w**k if it keeps you happy. One million sales in two and a half months is pretty good in my book. Apart from you, who cares anyway?

For someone who doesnt give a shite about the guy, you're pretty obsessive. Actually, it was four new songs, not three, but hey whats one song to an obsessive if trying to prove a point means so much? Your lies trip you up in every post. Maybe, just maybe, he played more old songs because it was his first show in that state since 1978?
[/quote]

Apparently you, my friend, care as you're pretty adamant in your defense of St. Springsteen. Some might even say obsessive. I USED to be a big Bruce fan (first shows pre BTR). Now I find him to be a tiresome, hypocritical boor who has surrendered his muse to the politically "correct." He's rendered himself as artistically relevant as Sheryl Crow and Melissa Etheridge.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 9, 2009 19:48

Nice set list. Almost perfect...only if #8 was replaced with Prove It All Night

sweetcharmedlife
Houston 4/8

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. No Surrender
4. Out In The Street
5. Working On A Dream
6. Seeds
7. Johnny 99
8. Ghost of Tom Joad
9. Working On The Highway
10. CADILLAC RANCH
11. IT'S HARD TO BE A SAINT IN THE CITY
13. The Promised Land
14. The Wrestler
15. Kingdom of Days
16. Radio Nowhere
17. Lonesome Day
18. The Rising
19. Born To Run

20. Hard Times
21. Tenth Avenue Freezeout
22. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
23. Land of Hope & Dreams

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 9, 2009 20:03

R
Apparently you, my friend, care as you're pretty adamant in your defense of St. Springsteen. Some might even say obsessive. I USED to be a big Bruce fan (first shows pre BTR). Now I find him to be a tiresome, hypocritical boor who has surrendered his muse to the politically "correct." He's rendered himself as artistically relevant as Sheryl Crow and Melissa Etheridge.

Losing interest in an artist is one thing; For someone who once counted himself as a fan, you do appear to spill a fair bit of bile into any thread touching on Springsteen. I think we get it that you don't agree with his viewpoint on American Skin etc, but the relentless sniping does get a bit tiresome.

I find loads of the OT artists discussed here boring and irrelevant in the extreme, and whilst the opinions I hold on those self-same artists are quite valid, posting these opinions doesn't further the discussion and possibly gets up the noses of those who *do* enjoy the work of such artists. For that reason i don't post in them - I suggest you do the same. You'll feel better. Trust me! smiling smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 9, 2009 20:24

Excellent points from both Gazza and textmonkey. Simple as that.

Date: April 9, 2009 22:59

textmonkey
R

Losing interest in an artist is one thing; For someone who once counted himself as a fan, you do appear to spill a fair bit of bile into any thread touching on Springsteen. I think we get it that you don't agree with his viewpoint on American Skin etc, but the relentless sniping does get a bit tiresome.

I find loads of the OT artists discussed here boring and irrelevant in the extreme, and whilst the opinions I hold on those self-same artists are quite valid, posting these opinions doesn't further the discussion and possibly gets up the noses of those who *do* enjoy the work of such artists. For that reason i don't post in them - I suggest you do the same. You'll feel better. Trust me! smiling smiley

I feel fine, thank you. I appreciate your concern however it seems a tad specious to limit the discussion of any artist to purely positive viewpoints and attributes. That isn't discussion, it's cheerleading. Or propaganda to be more accurate.

Date: April 9, 2009 23:56

R
textmonkey
R

I feel fine, thank you. I appreciate your concern however it seems a tad specious to limit the discussion of any artist to purely positive viewpoints and attributes. That isn't discussion, it's cheerleading. Or propaganda to be more accurate.

Or purely negative viewpoints and attributes.That isn't discussion either.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 10, 2009 00:51

Looks like the Boss has been playing away from home!

...and I thought it was just girls in supermarkets that he took a shining to!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 10, 2009 00:57

I've tried relentlessly to acquire a supermarket girl .. on every attempt I get blocked by a price check.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 10, 2009 01:40

"R"'s bitterness and hatred is all connected to this:

Date: April 10, 2009 01:47

LOGIE
Looks like the Boss has been playing away from home!

...and I thought it was just girls in supermarkets that he took a shining to!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

It's all just a Brilliant Disguisewinking smiley

Date: April 10, 2009 16:04

R
[/quote]

Actually, your personal reasons for losing interest are perfectly reasonable and valid. No problem with that. Far from seeing him as a saint, there's certainly some recent things I didnt like (playing the Superbowl, the Walmart thing etc - not to mention campaigning for a politician (based on my own cynical attitude towards all politicians, not on the candidate per se)) so I've no problems with criticism. It's often perfectly valid.

However, if you're going to post stuff that's blatantly untrue, then you can expect to have some comeback on it. I dont see how anyone who was a fan of one artist can complain about them attempting to be politically correct (and the political content of his music is pretty minimal and for the most part absent) yet can conveniently overlook even more blatant posturing by the Stones (who aren't even American for goodness sake) on THEIR last record.

Your constant hypocritical trolling and sneering just say a lot more about you than they do about the object of your derision. The election is history and Obama didnt win because some musician 'endorsed' him. Get over it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-10 18:01 by Gazza.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 10, 2009 16:23

I don't care for his setlist at all. It's got too many Springsteen songs in it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 10, 2009 16:55

"It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City".....found the performances Springsteen gave in the 70s of that one, a great highlight of the shows back then; but surprisingly David Bowie did the definate version of it....I'd say; he should have included it on Station To Station. Bowie was quite a Springsteen fan in those days....he also recorded "Growin' Up" for the Diamond Dogs album

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home