Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21
Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (Las Vegas 1999-04-16 added)
Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: August 15, 2011 23:37

Erik_Snow
Hi LaughingSam, it seems that "Star Star" is incomplete on your San Francisco 1975 remaster. Could you please check it out, when you have time? THanks - if so.

It's funny you mention this show. I began remixing it yesterday! You're right the original post has the crowd missing at the end of "Star Star". Sit tight and I'll re-up a completely different mix of the entire show as soon as I'm done. The original remaster was a bit of a rush job, done when I was focused too much on that LYL alternate cd.

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (Las Vegas 1999-04-16 added)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 16, 2011 00:35

Great to hear that, Sam, will be interesting

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (Cow Palace 1975.07.15 DSP VER2 added))
Date: August 16, 2011 02:10

just added to index:

1975.07.15 Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA [DSP remaster v2]
source: "It's Only Rock n Roll" (VGP-36/37)

I included notes in the download for those interested. I can snap some screen shots of the editing process if the desire for notes is academically-driven.

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (Cow Palace 1975.07.15 DSP VER2 added))
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: August 16, 2011 11:39

I like what you've done with v2 Cow Palace. The overall sound has a warmer more punchier sound. Good to see you back! thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 16, 2011 13:01

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-16 15:33 by Erik_Snow.

Date: August 17, 2011 00:33

'atta boy Eric, if you don't have anything nice to say...

smileys with beer
I'm teasing of course.

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: August 18, 2011 16:31

Hi,

At last I've got a chance to write on this blog, so first of all thanks for your marvelous remasters. I'm keeping fingers crossed so you will not get bored with this job and continue as long as possible.

If I can make any suggestions or requests I would like to draw your attention for remastering the following material:
1) "Licks Downunder", Vinyl Gang Product VGP-342 (4 CD)
or at least the first part from Enmore Theatre,
Sydney, February 18, 2003.
2) Baton Rouge, June 1, 1975, first show (Silkcut 1978
source) where Eric Snow made a cover.
3) "Make The World Go 'Round", Wembley, June 25, 1982.

Thnaks in advance.
The best,
Greg

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 18, 2011 17:27

To laughingSam: I just downloaded your versions of the Wolfgang streams and I think they are fantastic. Do you consider also mastering and posting the missing WV shows -Brussels 73 and Detroit, July 6, 1978?

Mathijs

Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 18, 2011 17:58

2) Baton Rouge, June 1, 1975, first show (Silkcut 1978
source) where Eric Snow made a cover.

this is available on my remasters thread.

Date: August 18, 2011 20:01

As I see yours is from 2nd show not from the first (different).
And is sourced from VGP-375 not from Silkcut 1978.
Once I downloaded Marko remaster and it was disappointing
in comparison to Silkcut. To me it has the most impressive sound.
Anyway I'm downloading Part 1 just to compare.

Date: August 18, 2011 20:08

Oh! Laughingsam,
I'm sorry. I addressed the above to you
while it was Marko's writing. He...he...
Anyway, I definately prefer yours masterings,
without hurting Marko.
Matter of ears and taste.
De gustibus nun est disputandum.

Date: August 19, 2011 05:33

Gregg44, Thanks for the suggestions. I will add those shows to my list of future projects. I know the Baton Rouge 1st show you're referring to and I think the existing silkcut version is good. That's why I chose to remaster the 2nd show because I thought there's more room for improvement.

I'm working on 2CDs worth of remastered outtakes at the moment, since there was a favorable response to the Paris stuff I posted.

I'll take suggestions, if anyone has any. Most of the tracks I've chosen so far fall between 1969-1994, but anything goes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 05:33 by Laughingsam.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:51

MANY thanks, Laughingsam,
Patiently I'll be waiting impatiently :-)
particularly for Enmore Theatre.
What you did with the 2nd Baton Rouge is amazing indeed.
Cow Palace also with fixed Star Star at last.
The Best,
Greg

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 19, 2011 22:36

hi ! don't forget (if you want to remaster ?) the 2nd oct 17 1973 ,dirty soundboard

Date: August 19, 2011 23:34

Laughingsam,
nosing through my comp I came up with few more ideas,small venues.

1) 1982,May28 - "Flower of Scotland" Rattle Snake 034/35.
It's interesting to achieve good interaction between the band and
audience reaction during remastering. Because of that I delated
"Baby Let's Play House" VGP257 which also seemed "thinner" to me.
2) 1997,Sept.18 - "Live At The Double Door" VGP300.
It has better sound than Morph01 but reaction of the audience is
more vivid on Morph. Would be ideal to combine the assets in one.
3) 1995,May27 -"The Foottappers And Wheel Shunters..."VGP084
I think that all fans are dying to hear it at last in a crispy
remaster with proper balance betwwen audience and the Stones who
really had fun this evening. Neither of so called remasters does
not convey that atmosphere and above all they are dull, dull, dull
4) 2002,Sept.8 - Boston, Orpheum Theater.
Well... I know Marko's remaster and now I'm downloading VGP320
but I presume what it is - I'm doing it only to have clear
conscience I did not bother you in vain.

Last but not least, knowing about your list, there is a Biblical
question: what to do so that the last become the first? :-)
Will I manage to listen to these remasters when I'm 64? :-)

The best,
Greg

Date: August 21, 2011 20:20

Thanks for the PARIS OUTTAKES VOL. 1 & 2 [DSP Remaster]
source: Vigotone (VT-CD11 + VT-CD12)

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (2ble CD of remastered outtakes added))
Date: August 27, 2011 10:03

just added to index:

Essential Rarities vol.1-2

2cds worth of remastered outtakes/unreleased stuff spanning 68-94. FLAC format.

Let me know what I left off or which sources I screwed up. If it's not obvious already, you guys know a lot more about The Stones than me smoking smiley

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (2ble CD of remastered outtakes added))
Date: August 27, 2011 16:29

Thanks for the remastered outtakes Sam! Would you consider remastering the new exile tracks that have been recently uploaded here? [www.iorr.org]

Another suggestion would be The Complete Woodstock Tapes VGP (1978 rehearsals). Are you aware of this boot?

Of recently uploaded vinyl tracks from Hampton 81, would you consider mixing Twenty Flight Rock, Grande Finale and We Hate You! to make a complete show? Don't know if GF and WHY need 'remastering' but may need a tweak here and there and definitely need volume adjusting. This would be the ultimate from 81 tour spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-27 18:29 by Paul Kersey.

Date: August 27, 2011 19:23

Let's wait and see if those Exile tracks turn up in lossless before doing anything

Date: August 27, 2011 20:29

Ok mate. What about the woodstock rehearsals and the Hampton 81 suggestion?

Date: August 27, 2011 23:14

To me it's utter nonsense to remaster Hampton 81,
one of the best recording from 1981 tour.
Do not be a "homepathic" Stones' listener.
Nonsense!

Date: August 27, 2011 23:17

Greg44
Nonsense!

Not really. Would be good to get the 3 best sources mastered and spliced together to get the definitive version. I'd suggeest you didn't download it if Laughingsam was kind enough to do it.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 28, 2011 00:31

Greg44
Nonsense!

It can easily be improved. Raise Keith's guitar, lower the thumping bass a bit, increase sizzle on the drums, and improve the stereo image a bit.

Listen to the recently posted Grande Finale vinyl rip and hear what a difference there is between even the best TV broadcast and a mastered-for-release source.

Mathijs

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 28, 2011 00:37

Laughingsam
Let's wait and see if those Exile tracks turn up in lossless before doing anything

I have to agree
I improved the high end in soundforge and also took out some of the 'swirl' you sometimes get on web recordings. Of course it had to be pitch corrected too... midnrambler who is very good at doing his stuff and uploading it has given the tracks some more life and punch. But they can only get so good with the source material being what it is....

Date: August 28, 2011 01:02

Munichhilton
But they can only get so good with the source material being what it is....

Agreed. This is a problem on a lot of the remasters I do, particularly on the low end. A bass rumble can be corrected, bass distortion cannot.

Mathijs
(Hampton '81) can easily be improved. Raise Keith's guitar, lower the thumping bass a bit, increase sizzle on the drums, and improve the stereo image a bit.

What source do you recommend? I don't do merges, so we can't synch the 3 sources like Paul suggested (unless someone convinces Falo to do it). I'm just not sure what source to use.

Date: August 28, 2011 03:22

Total cop-out as far as artwork's concerned spinning smiley sticking its tongue out --

Date: August 28, 2011 07:31

Paul Kersey
The Complete Woodstock Tapes VGP (1978 rehearsals). Are you aware of this boot?

I have it. The sound is bad, but consistently bad. A good suggestion because it wouldn't take long to construct an algorithm and run it over the entire set. I'm not sure I find the music too compelling though.

Date: August 28, 2011 10:38

Laughingsam
What source do you recommend? I don't do merges, so we can't synch the 3 sources like Paul suggested (unless someone convinces Falo to do it). I'm just not sure what source to use.

What I meant Sam was to collect the songs from the 3 best sources available Grande Finale (Best source), We Hate You! and Twenty Flight Rock. Remaster them where necessary and make a definitive Hampton 81. A bit like what you did with Alternative Love You Live only you would be using these 3 sources.

Grande Finale:
When The Whip Comes Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Shattered
Neighbours
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up

We Hate You!:
Under My Thumb
Black Limousine
Twenty Flight Rock
Going To A Go Go
Let Me Go
Time Is On My Side
Waiting On A Friend
Let It Bleed
Hang Fire
Satisfaction

Twenty Flight Rock:
Imagination
Beast Of Burden
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Little T&A
Tumbling Dice
She's So Cold
Jumping Jack Flash

Date: August 28, 2011 10:43

thanks for the ESSENTIAL RARITIES VOL.1-2 [DSP Remaster]

nice to hear the bass for the first time for me. on higway child.& get yourself together.

Date: August 28, 2011 11:01

Paul Kersey
What I meant Sam was to collect the songs from the 3 best sources available Grande Finale (Best source), We Hate You! and Twenty Flight Rock. Remaster them where necessary and make a definitive Hampton 81. A bit like what you did with Alternative Love You Live only you would be using these 3 sources.

Roger that Paul. I can make a best of Hampton using those 3 sources. In fact that's the next project I'll do...as soon as this awful storm passes (northeastern US) and I finally get some sleep!

Thanks for breaking the sources down for me!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home