Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 21
Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (1998.09.08 Stockholm [DSP Mix] & 2003.08.16 Utrecht added [DSP Mix] added)
Posted by: stoned52 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 13:43

Laughingsam, so many thanks for Utrecht!!! cool smiley
I was there. Unbelieveble to get this concert in such a superb quality.

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (1998.09.08 Stockholm [2003.08.16 Utrecht & 2006.08.25 Hampden Park, Glasgow, UK [DSP Mix's] added)
Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:43

maradona
Do you think you could do a DSP-Remaster of one of these recordings:

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

The links were dead. I had Glasgow saved on my HD already though. So here's what got added to the index on page 1 of this thread:
\

2006.08.25 Hampden Park, Glasgow, UK
source unknown

**incomplete soundboard**

This is definitely not the DAC source, as it is missing "live With Me" and "Sympathy For The Devil". By process of elimination: it's likely the Urban Steel post from IORR (I remember downloading it and I often left his posts unlabeled when I saved them because he used to post individual download links for each track), but it could also be either the Godfather Records version or IMP (according to dbboots.com).

01 Jumping Jack Flash
02 It's Only Rock'n Roll
03 Oh No Not You Again
04 She's So Cold
05 Sway
06 Ruby Tuesday
07 Rain Fall Down
08 Tumbling Dice
09 --- Introductions
10 Slipping Away (Keith)
11 Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12 Miss You (to B-stage)
13 Rough Justice
14 Start Me Up
15 Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16 Brown Sugar
17 You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
18 Satisfaction (encore)

If anyone has the missing tracks, please post them here so I can remix them and turn this into a complete show.

also download it here: IORR.ORG

Re: POST: LAUGHINGSAM'S MULTI-DSP-MIXES & REMASTERS (1998.09.08 Stockholm [2003.08.16 Utrecht & 2006.08.25 Hampden Park, Glasgow, UK [DSP Mix's] added)
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:14

Many many thanks!!! I will start downloading it now and then enjoy >grinning smiley<

By the way: I completely forgot to check whether the links do work or not. It seems to be true that there are no more working links concerning Nice 2006 on this forum. In my opinion it is a quite good audience recording but as I already mentioned you cannot compare it to your DSP-versions. If you think you could make it a bit better and - most important - if you have time to do it, then I could upload my "ordinary" version. Anyway, I am really satisfied with Hampden Park so no problem if it is not possible.

Cheers, Diego

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 12:29 by maradona.

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 14:15

Dear MASTER Joe (LaughingSam),
Thanks for Stockholm. Indeed better than CC. However Shepherds needs lots. Glasgow I will load impatiently since original was disappointingly flat.
But the real subject of this writing is something VERY positive of mood...

I have a VERY AMBITIOUS TASK right for your golden hands & ears. Namely, remastering Keith Richards production of already TWO Wingless Angels records where he himself added guitar and keyboard touches plus laughing plus little african drumming. It's a PEARL!!! From review:
"Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards fell in love with Jamaica when the group was recording their album Goat's Head Soup at Dynamic Studios in Kingston in 1972, and subsequently bought a home on the island's north shore in Ocho Rios, where he became friends with a local nyahbinghi drumming collective led by ska legend Justin Hinds. Richards eventually recorded the group one evening in his own back yard in Ocho Rios in the fall of 1995, then spent a couple years doing light overdubs on the recording before releasing it on his own label in 1997 as Wingless Angels. The record, which is wonderfully offhand and intimate, featuring unison vocals and African-styled hand drumming, has a quiet, timeless charm, right down to the crickets and peepers that are audible between songs."

Have a VERY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR
Best,
Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 14:16 by Greg44.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 30, 2011 15:36

Thanks again and Have a VERY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR too

Date: December 30, 2011 22:08

For MASTER JOE's hand (in FLac):

1) Wingless Angels I - Wingless Angels {Keith Richards, Justin Hinds} (1996)
[avaxhome.ws]

2) Wingless Angels I + II
[avaxhome.ws]

Do I want to improve Keith Richards? Not exactly. I'm just curious what you would do with this marvelous material? The first record is much better, Wingless II is sadly far too much commercialized.

Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 23:45 by Greg44.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 31, 2011 00:18

Many thanks for Utrecht which is a distinct improvement on the non-labelled silver I forgot I had...
...compared with your mix and then realised why I had forgotten it!!

Cheers

Date: December 31, 2011 01:24

Gregg44:

Thanks for sharing the link. I hadn't previously paid attention to Wingless Angels.

I don't know how to alter that recording without impinging on the integrity of the music. I think it's presented the way it's heard -- with Richards' guitar layered lightly over the rhythms and chanting -- for a reason. I can apply effects and make it sound different but to what end? It's a pristine recording, I see little reason to mess with it.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: December 31, 2011 02:21

Thanks a lot for the fantastic Stockholm, Globen 1998. EXELLENT - better than a soundboard!!!

cheers Bo hot smiley

Date: December 31, 2011 12:31

Thanks Joe,

But please chose for remastering the first record of Wingless which to me is mystical and fantastic. I rely on your taste, to me it's too muffled. On the other hand when Richard did the second record more clear and crispy then it lost all its charm and mystery. So I don't know how to do it without spoiling the effect of religious chant. The more I'm curious of your work, I'm keeping fingers crossed.

One more on Stockholm: could you please remaster and post bonuses which were included on Crystal Clear record? Particularly I regret omitting Star Star which is rarity on 1998 concerts. PLEASE add the bonuses.
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY New Year
Greg

Date: December 31, 2011 15:24

Joe (LaughingSam),

could you please listen to allegedly released by Stones
"The Brussels Affair'73" which you can get here:
[avaxhome.ws]
To me it sounds deeper and more stereophonic than Sister Morrphine "Timeless Europe" or "Europe'73" issued by Royal Sound Records.
However, to me it needs more punch since it's a little muffled and the voice
is rather in the back. So maybe after YOUR remaster it could really be called
the "FINAL REMASTER" :-)

Best,
Greg

Date: December 31, 2011 17:46

Just listened to your Glasgow remaster.
Better definitely than Godfathers and Idol Mind Production of mp3 versions.
But if you use as a source Idol Mind Production - even it's mp3 has 256 MB,
it should give deeper effect. Your version sounds rather thin. Well...

Idol release (also FLAC) can be found here:
[vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com]

Best,
Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-31 17:55 by Greg44.

Date: December 31, 2011 21:36

Greg:

The bonus tracks from Stockholm are at the bottom of this post. That Brussels Affair is an official release (see here --> rollingstones.com). We're not allowed to post that stuff here.

The Glasgow mix I did has less bass than the IMP mix, but I noticed something else interesting -- I had Glasgow saved in an otherwise unlabeled folder on my HD. I just compared my source files with that release and it appears the IMP release is my source. Mystery solved, thanks.

Stockholm CC Bonus Tracks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-01 01:00 by Laughingsam.

Date: January 1, 2012 01:27

Many thanks Joe,
for recent bonus tracks (you're amazingly quick!) and generally
for all your fabulous work. You should make money out of it!
Yeah, I suspected that Brussel here would be impossible but...
if you ever did it for your fun (first: is it really worth)
I would love to receive it on my private mail, which is on my web.
Under an avalange of other's ideas I hope that you will
remember also about small venues which regretfully remain neglected.

Best wishes,
Greg

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: January 4, 2012 06:51

Hi Laughingsam,

Thanks for all these great remasters. Really nice improvement.

But I don't understand megaupload. Every once in a while links stick and can't download. This is case with resent post, Utrecht 2003. What a shame. Says can't read files, but it read all other 5 recent posts. Why does this happen? It's not my computer or connection. Anybody else have this problem downloading this show?

Date: January 4, 2012 10:11

Eeeee....
There is NO PROBLEM with megaupload apart from speed when for free.

Date: January 4, 2012 13:51

Master Joe,
Here is something which urgently requires your master hand:
The Rolling Stones - Definately Vintage
Los Angeles, CA, January 18, 1973
Nicaraguan Benefit Concert, 320MP3
As it is written: "This was the first of Mickboy's remaster's".
Good that Mickboy brourght guitars to the surface but generally material
is thin, with voice back and lack the punch you are master to bring out.
It is here, with surprisngly megaupload links still working:
[stonesrockforever.blogspot.com]
PLEASE, do try to make it really shine.
Greg

Date: January 5, 2012 02:00

Gregg:

I remember messing with 'Definitely Vintage' last summer. It's difficult to de-mudd Mickboy's bass and retain what you call "punch" because you're essentially trying to accomplish diametric tasks. I was using Ozone 4 at the time, so I'll see how Ozone 5 works. The new version has a post-processing EQ and I'm hoping that can infuse it with the punch (generally 70-100Hz) after the multiband modules run their course. I'll share whatever I come up with, but I don't expect any miracle results with this one.

Date: January 5, 2012 10:00

Super!
Many thanks.
Please bring also Jagger to the surface as far as possible
I'm keeping fingers crossed :-)
Best,
Greg

Date: January 6, 2012 07:24

-- I'm still working on Mickboy's "Definitely Vintage," which I'm beginning to realize was EQ'd in a pretty irrevocable manner. But in the meantime, the following was added to the index on page 1 of this thread. Whereas Mickboy's sounds like it was recorded from the back of the arena, with clear high's and humming bass, the one sounds more upfront but with less high's and lows and a more sustained middle:

1973.01.18 DSP Remix
BENEFIT FOR NICARAGUA EARTHQUAKE
THE FORUM, INGLEWOOD, CA

** source: lossy vinyl rip of TMOQ **

note: The files were encoded to FLAC only after being remixed in WAV format (no sense in downgrading them to mp3 again). The original source was mp3 @ 192kbs (abysmal, I know but just take a listen :-)

Tracks:

BROWN SUGAR --- surface noise & CD clicks run rampant throughout this track
BITCH --- surface noise & clicks disappear after first :20.
ROCKS OFF
GIMME SHELTER
ROUTE 66
IT'S ALL OVER NOW
HAPPY
TUMBLING DICE
NO EXPECTATIONS
SWEET VIRGINIA
YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
DEAD FLOWERS
STRAY CAT BLUES
LIVE WITH ME
ALL DOWN THE LINE
RIP THIS JOINT
JUMPING JACK FLASH
STREET FIGHTING MAN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTES ABOUT THE SOURCE-------

The blogger who seeded this claimed it was a straight up vinyl rip. It's actually a very good vinyl transfer that must have been ripped off a cd at some point because there are little clicks that surface throughout.

The blogger had posted the show split into 4 chunks labeled side(s) 1-4. So if the timings on here look odd, it's because they've all been retracked.

The entire show was retracked in Goldwave v5.65, remixed using iZotope Ozone 5 advanced and sometimes declicked with iZotope RX2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTES ABOUT THE REMIXING-------

Pre-mix processing in Goldwave:

- obviously retracked using me best judgement to split songs.
- Very conservative normalizing done in Goldwave (-22dB with the average level reduced to avoid clipping)

Pre-mixing in iZotope RX2:

- some tracks had a very passive declicking applied.

Mixing in iZotope ozone 5 advanced:

(1) EQ1 had a mid/side scheme:

- the middle settings consisted of 4-bands tuned in the familiar rock sound (i.e. DAC sound with hyped sides and depressed middle). - the side settings consisted of 7-bands tuned to fatten the middle (between 170-525Hz) and smooth out the edges with a u-push bias towards the top.

(2) Harmonics were hyped using 4-bands of tube modeling, with a slight emphasis on the upper 3 bands.

(3) Next, 4-bands of dynamic processing were applied using the "True Envelope" mode to produce even levels across all frequencies and avoid aliasing.

(4) Stereo imaging was applied using 4 upwardly-expanding bands and a mono-compatible widening effect. The result is a very realistic stereo sound (IMO).

(5) EQ2 the post-processing EQ had a mid/side scheme.

- the middle was tuned to increase the vocals (with narrow spikes at 1600Hz, 3900Hz, & 10020Hz).

- the side was tuned to emphasize the guitar, with a gradual slope from a depressed low end to slightly amped higher end (520Hz being about the midway point).

(6) Loudness maximmizer was set to IRC III with a -5.1 threshold and a -0.1 marging. It had intersample detection engaged and a very fast character shape (1.3). Transient recovery was also turned up about halfway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All & all a worthwhile effort that hopefully provides a temporary alternative to some of the other versions of this show.

If I can get my hands on a lossless version of "For Fans Only [007]" version of this show or a fresh TMOQ vinyl rip, then I'll gladly remix this one again.

1 more thing -- I'm providing a sample of the source labeled "reference" -- I'm going to try to do this with all my posts from now on, so people can hear what I constantly reference while remixing.

-Laughingsam
05 JAN 2012

also download here --> part 1part 2

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-06 08:14 by Laughingsam.

Date: January 6, 2012 15:56

Sounds interesting.
Many thanks cool smiley

Date: January 6, 2012 18:08

I'm impressed after comparing a reference track from the source with your remaster, Joe. You're really MASTER. Keep on workingwinking smiley

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: January 6, 2012 19:12

All Meat Music (TMOQ-72006) [vinyl rip]

[www.iorr.org]

Is this one lossless?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 6, 2012 19:47

Thanks Joe, sounds good! Did you think anymore about a remastered Hampton '81 using those vinyl sources that were uploaded here?

Posted by: satchmo ()
Date: January 6, 2012 22:12

I would like to thank you all for everything you are doing ... thank you very much

Date: January 8, 2012 23:39

tjkrol
All Meat Music (TMOQ-72006) [vinyl rip]

[www.iorr.org]

Is this one lossless?

That rip has no bass in it. Silkcut just uploaded a rip to his CVBS page, so that's what I'll use for source files on the next remix.

Paul -- I get your idea for Hampton (to have a definitive version with the best sources), I haven't been in a hurry to compile it because the existing sources are all pretty good (except TSP).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-08 23:42 by Laughingsam.

Date: January 10, 2012 01:40

Paul Kersey
Did you think anymore about a remastered Hampton '81 using those vinyl sources that were uploaded here?

What do you think are the best sources for Hampton? You originally said "Grand Finale," "We Hate You!," and "Twenty Flight Rock", but the sound on "We Hate You" sounds inferior to the sound on the Glimmerpub CD "Twenty Flight Rock". I have the "Grand Finale" tracks done (they needed little tweaking), but where does the rest of the Hampton concert come from? If we're going to undertake a best-sources compilation, I'd like to have the best sources yeah?

I'll wait to hear.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 10, 2012 15:19

Hi Joe, those 3 titles you mentioned, as far as im aware are the best 3. Grande Finale being the best. I haven't heard the Glimmerpub TFR so can't comment on that title. I'd use Grande Finale, We Hate You! and VGP-270 Twenty Flight Rock as i'm told that is the best non vinyl version.

Cheers,
Paul.

Date: January 10, 2012 18:13

Hi Joe LaughingSam,

I've just listened to your remaster of 1978 Garden State and I'm sure
that it would sound much better if you use as a source a vinyl rip
posted by Zagalo in 2009 here:
[www.iorr.org]
Much to my surprise rapidshare links are still active.
Could you please try to remaster it again before they gone?

Best,
Greg

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: January 10, 2012 21:01

To Greg44:

Yes there IS a problem with Utrecht 2003. Lots of errors in download. Megaupload has to keep retrying. Paid account isn't the problem. Even with paid account you have to add their megamanager, which is something I didn't want. The only way to download is with megamanger, and it's very slow and still has errors. I don't know how you can say there is no problem?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2091
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home