Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Date: June 2, 2017 11:20

grzegorz67
MonkeyMan2000
My God! The Daily Mail must be even worse than the Bild & Blick papers....

I wouldn't use the Daily Mail as toilet paper. Thoroughly despicable propoganda organ.

I was visiting the Daily Mail a few months back, with my collegues from the newspaper where I work.

I've never seen such arrogancy. The CEO just sat behind a desk, looking at his Rolex, while telling us that «this ship is going down, but we ain't gonna change one bit - better milk it while we can».

Incredible...

They have the biggest online paper in the world, though, so I guess they'll last a while winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 2, 2017 15:12

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
MonkeyMan2000

I wouldn't use the Daily Mail as toilet paper. Thoroughly despicable propoganda organ.

I was visiting the Daily Mail a few months back, with my collegues from the newspaper where I work.

I've never seen such arrogancy. The CEO just sat behind a desk, looking at his Rolex, while telling us that «this ship is going down, but we ain't gonna change one bit - better milk it while we can».

Incredible...

They have the biggest online paper in the world, though, so I guess they'll last a while winking smiley

Ha ha - funnily enough, that's exactly how I imagine the CEO of the Daily Mail to be. That online paper makes them a fortune. They are the World Leaders in Trashy Click Bait, with Frequent factual inaccuracies and embellishments such as that '1984' photo of our Keith.

Here in the U.K., they are pretty much universally despised by all bar their own readership.

It also has some distasteful history, according to its wiki page. Even today, it is often accused of having a strong undercurrent of xenophobia.

If I want to read anything decent and accurate about the Stones (or anything else), I'll be looking elsewhere.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-02 16:34 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 2, 2017 15:19

DandelionPowderman

congratulations – you witnessed one of the rare moments the Daily Mail wasn't lying

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 2, 2017 17:26

?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-03 16:17 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: June 2, 2017 20:44

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
MonkeyMan2000

Incredible...

Ha ha - funnily enough, that's exactly how I imagine the CEO of the Daily Mail to be. That online paper makes them a fortune. They are the World Leaders in Trashy Click Bait, with Frequent factual inaccuracies and embellishments such as that '1984' photo of our Keith.

Here in the U.K., they are pretty much universally despised by all bar their own readership.

It also has some distasteful history, according to its wiki page. Even today, it is often accused of having a strong undercurrent of xenophobia.

If I want to read anything decent and accurate about the Stones (or anything else), I'll be looking elsewhere.

all true about the "Daily Hate" and lets be clear here ..the distasteful history in question is way beyond !!

however the positive side is they amongst others in the media are still talking about the band.

Win Win .. for us all...

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 3, 2017 15:53

I just read the rag for the laughs. Cannot take DM seriously at all.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 5, 2017 20:24

Daily Mail says

"Mick Jagger runs 12 miles during a Stones show"

I say "NO Way"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-05 20:51 by stone4ever.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 5, 2017 21:07

I was informed it was 5 miles

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 5, 2017 23:14

stone4ever
Daily Mail says

I say "NO Way"

Maybe they meant to say MJ used to sniff 12 lines during a Stones show.
Back in the days.

Date: June 5, 2017 23:48

DREAMTIME

That's more like it.

He doesn't so much run as walk fast while waving all the time.

I just wish he saved the running for the treadmill and saved the Singing for the show.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 5, 2017 23:55

stone4ever
DREAMTIME

That's more like it.

I just wish he saved the running for the treadmill and saved the Singing for the show.

Seriously? You're gonna diss his singing? Please. No.

Date: June 5, 2017 23:59

35love
stone4ever
DREAMTIME

That's more like it.

Seriously? You're gonna diss his singing? Please. No.

I just think he sings with much more power when he stays tight with the band as opposed to covering the whole stage all the time.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 6, 2017 00:31

schwonek
stone4ever
Daily Mail says

I say "NO Way"

Maybe they meant to say MJ used to sniff 12 lines during a Stones show.
Back in the days.

Back in the days or Back in the day?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 6, 2017 00:43

Mick is wonderful!!!! In great, great shape.

Date: June 6, 2017 01:25

steffialicia

Hear, Hear! Or is it here/here?

(Stone4ever and whomever) And in the last 5 years, exactly when wasn't he moving/covering serious territory
on a stage? Except Fonda, and maybe 3 private gigs, which you were at to compare the next set of big stage shows and can deduce the cause? No.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-06 01:28 by 35love.

Date: June 6, 2017 02:22

35love
steffialicia

(Stone4ever and whomever) And in the last 5 years, exactly when wasn't he moving/covering serious territory
on a stage? Except Fonda, and maybe 3 private gigs, which you were at to compare the next set of big stage shows and can deduce the cause? No.

I'm not sure what you are asking me to be honest. He doesn't cover 12 miles on stage if that's what you are getting at. I think that Mick would deliver a better sound vocally if he didn't move about so much on stage. I understand the spectacle he delivers by performing in such an energetic way, but feel he is better than that. I don't think he needs to prove how fit he is to show what an amazing showman he is. I haven't seen much evidence of him concentrating at the mic stand with the band and making the moves and gestures like he used to when he was younger. His performances in the last few decades seem to be more of an ego trip than actually delivering a great sound.
I don't understand why you take my observations so personally, i just comment on the Stones the way i see things.
If you would rather i didn't post just say so and i'm gone. I don't set out to upset people and i think the Stones are rich and powerful enough to understand that they are not above criticism, it comes with the territory.
Keith gets a lot of criticism also , would you agree ?
I make no secret that i am strongly in the Keith camp when it comes to who i prefer as a person, i have my reasons to be scornful of Mick when it comes to his motivation to continue with the Stones and to charge exorbitant amounts of money to fans for tickets etc.

I'm outta here.

Date: June 6, 2017 04:10

stone4ever
35love
steffialicia

I'm not sure what you are asking me to be honest. He doesn't cover 12 miles on stage if that's what you are getting at. I think that Mick would deliver a better sound vocally if he didn't move about so much on stage. I understand the spectacle he delivers by performing in such an energetic way, but feel he is better than that. I don't think he needs to prove how fit he is to show what an amazing showman he is. I haven't seen much evidence of him concentrating at the mic stand with the band and making the moves and gestures like he used to when he was younger. His performances in the last few decades seem to be more of an ego trip than actually delivering a great sound.
I don't understand why you take my observations so personally, i just comment on the Stones the way i see things.
If you would rather i didn't post just say so and i'm gone. I don't set out to upset people and i think the Stones are rich and powerful enough to understand that they are not above criticism, it comes with the territory.
Keith gets a lot of criticism also , would you agree ?
I make no secret that i am strongly in the Keith camp when it comes to who i prefer as a person, i have my reasons to be scornful of Mick when it comes to his motivation to continue with the Stones and to charge exorbitant amounts of money to fans for tickets etc.

I'm outta here.

both of u should not take all this so seriously, methinks. I mean, it's only rock n roll.

plexi

Date: June 6, 2017 05:05

Whoa, did I run somebody off? Can't be. Not me. Then who?
Topic:
2017 Rolling Stones Europe No Filter

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 6, 2017 12:58

I hope they will issue something from the No Filter tour (DVD, CD etc...).

A new album in August and a DVD from the No Filter tour (Paris please...) in November sounds perfect to me.

I hope for something new in this tour (who knows), at least Mick to change his t-shirt :

Please Mick, give up that ugly black t-shirt you wear at the end of the show !!
It does not fit well to a elegant man like you... put something more colorful, a tongue and lips tee-shirt is perfect.

I think we should start a new thread :

MICK, GIVE UP YOUR (UGLY) BLACK T-SHIRT.

Posted by: MickDaseway ()
Date: June 7, 2017 13:19

Hi
Is there any information the teams will play against the Rolling Stones?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 7, 2017 16:43

I think the chances are pretty high for a Paris dvd.
3 gigs in the same venue is probably ideal to construct 1 gig for release.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: June 7, 2017 17:14

BowieStone
I think the chances are pretty high for a Paris dvd.
3 gigs in the same venue is probably ideal to construct 1 gig for release.

Having the three concerts there does make it a good candidate (other than it being a somewhat uninteresting venue) if they were planning a DVD from this tour. But given we have only just recently seen Havana Moon released, unless they are planning on adding new material into their set (say from the anticipated new album and/or Blue & Lonesome) it doesn't seem to make much sense for it to be released immediately.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 7, 2017 19:14

RiffKichards

A new album in August and a DVD from the No Filter tour (Paris please...) in November sounds perfect to me.

I hope for something new in this tour (who knows), at least Mick to change his t-shirt :

It does not fit well to a elegant man like you... put something more colorful, a tongue and lips tee-shirt is perfect.

I think that T-Shirt emphasizes Micks slim body build perfectly and looks as sexy as a 73 year old man can get. I LOVE THAT BLACK T-SHIRT! A simple black t-shirt is rock'n'roll, you already get your fancy colorful jackets and shirts in the beginning.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 9, 2017 00:17

EUROPEAN TOUR 2017 SETLIST (Only 18 songs):

1. STREETFIGHTING MAN
2. COMMIT A CRIME
3. new song from "NO FILTER"
4. OUT OF CONTROL - EMOTIONAL RESCUE
5. a ballad...WILD HORSES-LADY JANE-AS TEARS GO BY
6. BROWN SUGAR
18. ZZZZZZZZZzzzatisfaction or (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 9, 2017 04:08

StonedRambler
RiffKichards

I think that T-Shirt emphasizes Micks slim body build perfectly and looks as sexy as a 73 year old man can get. I LOVE THAT BLACK T-SHIRT! A simple black t-shirt is rock'n'roll, you already get your fancy colorful jackets and shirts in the beginning.

He is still hotter than hell!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 11, 2017 23:54

StonedRambler and steffialicia, I couldn't agree more! Oh, yeah.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 12, 2017 00:07

angee
StonedRambler and steffialicia, I couldn't agree more! Oh, yeah.
The hottest 73 year old man ever! Especially in the t-shirt!

MICK, PUT ON YOUR (SEXY) BLACK T-SHIRT ON THE NEW TOUR spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

In Rio De Janeiro 2016

Date: June 12, 2017 07:20

For the 2017 tour (to stay on topic *wink)
I say/vote Mick can wear whatever he wants.
And after a quick glance at Steven Tyler's look/outfit Aerosmith show
England last night,
thank you he is rugged enough tough enough
but NOT a pretty pretty girl
Edit: Dude Looks Like a Lady (Tyler)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-12 12:12 by 35love.

Date: June 12, 2017 22:42

35love
For the 2017 tour (to stay on topic *wink)
I say/vote Mick can wear whatever he wants.
And after a quick glance at Steven Tyler's look/outfit Aerosmith show
England last night,
thank you he is rugged enough tough enough
but NOT a pretty pretty girl
Edit: Dude Looks Like a Lady (Tyler)

I was there , they were brilliant, Tyler's stage presence and committed vocal approach is still incredible, what is he almost 70 now. Wow watch your back Mick, Tyler's showing you how its done. Yep Tyler looked great, the old Jagger look, love his stage clothes.
Good to see Joe Perry looking healthy again too.

Date: June 12, 2017 22:53

tyler is no Jagger, period. Never has been.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home