Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 12, 2017 23:03

timbernardis
tyler is no Jagger, period. Never has been.

plexi

Vocally he is in a completely higher league to Jagger, no comparrison.
Cool moves and stage clothes, again, in another league.
What Steve Tyler doesn't have is Keith to co write with and that put's Mick in a higher league winking smiley Which makes complete sense and is correct because its their song writing partnership that makes Mick and Keith what they are.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

My ultimate band would have Tyler on vocal , Keith and Taylor on guitar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 00:11 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 12, 2017 23:29

stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

Cool moves and stage clothes again, in another league.
What Steve Tyler doesn't have is Keith to co write with and that put's Mick in a higher league winking smiley

You are very funny

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 12, 2017 23:29

stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

What Steve Tyler doesn't have is Keith to co write with and that put's Mick in a higher league winking smiley

Wow.confused smiley
That really doesn't make any sense. Even if it does it's completely incorrect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-12 23:31 by BowieStone.

Date: June 12, 2017 23:35

BowieStone
stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

Wow.confused smiley
That really doesn't make any sense. Even if it does it's completely incorrect.

It makes perfect sense, listen, no one is correct or incorrect, these are just opinions, there is no hard and fast reality of correctness, just points of view , savvy.

Date: June 12, 2017 23:37

Nate
stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

You are very funny

Thank you.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 12, 2017 23:48

stone4ever
Nate
stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

You are very funny

Thank you.
And Chris Robinson is way better a singer than Steven Tyler!

Date: June 13, 2017 00:02

geordiestone
stone4ever
Nate
stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

You are very funny

Thank you.

Now that guy can sing. You can't say it on here but Jagger really isn't much of a singer these days, i'm not sure that he ever was that great a singer.

My ultimate band can have Chris Robinson on backing vocals if you like spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 00:03 by stone4ever.

Date: June 13, 2017 00:15

smileys with beer
stone4ever
geordiestone
stone4ever
Nate
stone4ever
timbernardis

plexi

You are very funny

Thank you.

Now that guy can sing. You can't say it on here but Jagger really isn't much of a singer these days, i'm not sure that he ever was that great a singer.

My ultimate band can have Chris Robinson on backing vocals if you like spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 13, 2017 01:14

Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Ronnie Wood
Charlie Watts
The world's largest rock n roll band! This is not an opinion, but it is a fact!

Date: June 13, 2017 02:50

Testify
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Ronnie Wood
Charlie Watts
No they're all dead skinny.
drinking smiley

Date: June 13, 2017 09:59

geordiestone
Testify
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Ronnie Wood
Charlie Watts
No they're all dead skinny.
drinking smiley

Keith is aspiring to Testify's description, though winking smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 13, 2017 12:54

Jagger not a great singer? Seriously?
Okay, he's holding back a bit these days at the concerts and doesn't scream and shout like he used to do. But Blue and Lonesome proofs that he still can! Listen to those screams on I Can't Quit You Baby.
Anybody who says Jagger was never a great singer should look for another favourite band. Jagger is THE trademark of the Stones beside Keiths guitar playing paired with Charlie's laid back drums.
My favourite song concerning Jaggers vocal abilitys is Let It Loose. With the cracking "she delivers riiiight on time" he creats a seamless transition between those quit phrases in the beginning and the screaming in the end.
or the phrase "and in the bar you're getting drunk oooooooh yeah"
This IS technically really demanding and shows his abilitys as a singer.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 12:56 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 13, 2017 15:00

Well why charge so much for tickets if he is holding back saving his voice. It's ridiculous to think Mick is above criticism . If the Stones are well past their sell by date they set themselves up for criticism by charging so much to see them. Let's face it, most of us watch the live shows from a big screen, I at least expect to hear his voice for £300. Hold back my arse. I haven't liked Mick's voice on an album since TATTOO You. Too high in the mix as has been agreed on IORR by many posters . As for Let It Loose he has strangely never attempted to sing it live. He knows he can't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 15:07 by stone4ever.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:20

stone4ever
Well why charge so much for tickets if he is holding back saving his voice. It's ridiculous to think Mick is above criticism . If the Stones are well past their sell by date they set themselves up for criticism by charging so much to see them. Let's face it, most of us watch the live shows from a big screen, I at least expect to hear his voice for £300. Hold back my arse. I haven't liked Mick's voice on an album since TATTOO You. Too high in the mix as has been agreed on IORR by many posters . As for Let It Loose he has strangely never attempted to sing it live. He knows he can't.

Am I missing something?
This type of fandom makes me concerned someone might be holding a gun to your head forcing you to participate.

The day I can't "hear his voice" in any venue is the day i make an ear doctor appointment. Nonsense.

Date: June 13, 2017 16:21

stone4ever
Well, then go and see Aerosmith if you want to. I'm still happy to be able to see the Stones on their upcoming tour. For me it still sounds great even without screaming. His voice is still strong and at a loud concert it doesn't make much of a difference if a singer is screaming his lungs out or singing more in a safe range.

Date: June 13, 2017 16:43

Well guys I don't think I have to prove myself to you to show how much a fan I have been of this band for over 35 years. If you have been following iorr closely you would understand that it's of the opinion of many posters that Keiths playing abilities and Mick’s voice have been in decline. That's OK, that's excepted, they are old men. What isn't exceptable is charging extortionate amounts of money for tickets to see a band well past its prime. Am i the only one on this forum who finds it hard to justify the expense of seeing them play live.
The other thing, I don't need you or anyone else to tell me that if I liked Aerosmith live the other night and was blown away with Mr Tyler's blistering full on vocals that I am posting on the wrong forum. I love all kinds of singers, although the Stones will always be tops for me as a complete band and as song writers , there are so many more talented singers out there. Mick Jagger comes in at about number 20 on my list of greatest singers.

Date: June 13, 2017 17:19

The Stones are not the inland revenue if you don't want to pay the money to see them play then you don't have to.

Nate

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 13, 2017 17:42

stone4ever
Well guys I don't think I have to prove myself to you to show how much a fan I have been of this band for over 35 years. If you have been following iorr closely you would understand that it's of the opinion of many posters that Keiths playing abilities and Mick’s voice have been in decline. That's OK, that's excepted, they are old men. What isn't exceptable is charging extortionate amounts of money for tickets to see a band well past its prime. Am i the only one on this forum who finds it hard to justify the expense of seeing them play live.
The other thing, I don't need you or anyone else to tell me that if I liked Aerosmith live the other night and was blown away with Mr Tyler's blistering full on vocals that I am posting on the wrong forum. I love all kinds of singers, although the Stones will always be tops for me as a complete band and as song writers , there are so many more talented singers out there. Mick Jagger comes in at about number 20 on my list of greatest singers.

We were never, ever talking about Freddy Mercury level vocal abilities when we were talking about Mick. I think his voice has held up fabulously. I am sure that he has had some vocal coaching, which permits him to move non-stop at his advanced age while singing. He sounds wonderful! He looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the Rolling Stones!!!

Date: June 13, 2017 17:48

Nate
The Stones are not the inland revenue if you don't want to pay the money to see them play then you don't have to.

Nate

I think you are missing the point here.
It's the greed of this band that comes into question. I think it's a relevant discussion on this thread. Do the Stones deliver value for money. They certainly did when I saw them in 90' 95' 03'. In 07' not so much. In 07 I felt very dissatisfied with the performance and the value for money.
Mick saving his voice, I mean come on !! Half a dozen shows a year and he needs to hold back. It's like give it up man.
You are correct, i don't have to pay to see this band and I haven't since 07'
Now if the ticket price was a hundred pounds or something I might. I don't actually think that many real fans can afford to see this band live. I certainly can, I'm not short of money but I refuse to make Mick and the boys more millions with under par performances, it's the principle. The last time i saw them live I felt like a jerk, I felt like I had been had. I'm pleased to say they upped their game after 07' and I wish I had seen some of their anniversary shows. But man did they sell out the last time out, that was me finished.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2017 17:55

"Now if the ticket price was a hundred pounds or something I might."

Seems pretty clear that the major resentment is ticket prices.
Common resentment.

The other critique's re Mick's voice strength etc., is pretty much voided seeing you haven't really been in the arena's to hear- or not hear- as the case may be.

Date: June 13, 2017 18:19

stone4ever
It's the greed of this band that comes into question. I think it's a relevant discussion on this thread. Do the Stones deliver value for money. They certainly did when I saw them in 90' 95' 03'. In 07' not so much. In 07 I felt very dissatisfied with the performance and the value for money.
Mick saving his voice, I mean come on !! Half a dozen shows a year and he needs to hold back. It's like give it up man.
Now if the ticket price was a hundred pounds or something I might. I don't actually think that many real fans can afford to see this band live. I certainly can, I'm not short of money but I refuse to make Mick and the boys more millions with under par performances, it's the principle. The last time i saw them live I felt like a jerk, I felt like I had been had. I'm pleased to say they upped their game after 07' and I wish I had seen some of their anniversary shows. But man did they sell out the last time out, that was me finished.
Do yourself a favour and get a ticket for a show of the upcoming tour, if you are that much of a Stones fan then you will not regret seeing them one last time.
In 2007 they really weren't on top of their game, but they have been really good since 2012. I have seen them last in 2014 and have never heard such loud and great guitars. I promise they will not disappoint you winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 18:21 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:45

Please start a separate thread if you want to discuss topics like Jagger vs Tyler etc. This is the NO FILTER TOUR thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:05

NO FILTER PIT Tickets for COPENHAGEN available!!!!

Date: June 13, 2017 19:14

stone4ever
Nate

Nate

Now if the ticket price was a hundred pounds or something I might. I don't actually think that many real fans can afford to see this band live. I certainly can, I'm not short of money but I refuse to make Mick and the boys more millions with under par performances, it's the principle. The last time i saw them live I felt like a jerk, I felt like I had been had. I'm pleased to say they upped their game after 07' and I wish I had seen some of their anniversary shows. But man did they sell out the last time out, that was me finished.[/

I just think it's pointless complaining about the ticket prices.

I would like to take a private jet when traveling to the shows check into a five star hotel eat in a three star Michelin restaurant and have five bisexual supermodels back to my room after the show.

Who do I complain to about the price of the above experience

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:44

stone4ever
Mick Jagger comes in at about number 20 on my list of greatest singers.

You're being much more charitable to Mick than he is to himself:

"I can't hardly sing, you know what I mean? I'm no Tom Jones and I couldn't give a @#$%&."
--Mick Jagger, Rolling Stone interview, Oct 12 68

Date: June 13, 2017 21:53

I think riffie's pt above was a lil different from the common "ticket prices are too high" lament. What he was saying is that the band is not as good as they once were and so should alter their pricing to reflect lowered performance standards. While I agree with that sentiment (but then again I think they should be giving free concerts at this stage as the most accurate indication of their talent level), it's hard to argue with the age-old adage that the tickets are priced at what the market will bear.

As long as people continue to turn up at these prices, then those prices are what a ticket to see the Stones today is truly worth. May be beyond belief for some of us ... but it is what it is.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 14, 2017 00:43

Mick is a brilliant singer.

Let's take age into this ffs.

Date: June 14, 2017 02:37

There may be technically better singers but Jagger is a true global megastar he's got the whole package and some.The kind of talent that doesn't come around very often.
Make the most of this band whilst they are still around and realise how fortunate you are to be around at the same time as them.
Soon all any of us will have are the records,films,books and memories.
I doubt any of us will be seeing a band like this again in our lifetimes.

Nate

Date: June 14, 2017 05:30

Nate
There may be technically better singers but Jagger is a true global megastar he's got the whole package and some.The kind of talent that doesn't come around very often.
Make the most of this band whilst they are still around and realise how fortunate you are to be around at the same time as them.

Nate

I think one of the sub-texts here is that at least for some of us for whom the band has become a shadow of itself all we have NOW "are the records, films, books and memories."

I've always maintained it's possible to love what the band has done and to hate what they've become. There are writers and artists and actors whose early work has enthralled me ... and whose later stuff is eminently forgettable. Same with the Stones. Doesn't mean I don't think they are one of the greatest pop acts ever.

Date: June 14, 2017 10:45

LongBeachArena72
Nate

Nate

I think one of the sub-texts here is that at least for some of us for whom the band has become a shadow of itself all we have NOW "are the records, films, books and memories."

I've always maintained it's possible to love what the band has done and to hate what they've become. There are writers and artists and actors whose early work has enthralled me ... and whose later stuff is eminently forgettable. Same with the Stones. Doesn't mean I don't think they are one of the greatest pop acts ever.

The thing (for me) is that when I'm at a Stones-show and get a beautiful rendition of, say, Paint It Black (and, yes, that happens more often than not) – I'm not thinking about whether is was performed superiorly at the 1967 euro tour or not – I'm just enjoying the magic within the music of my favourite band.

Hats off to the fans who can't hear even the slightest bit of this magic anymore. They must either have extremely developed musical and/or hearing skills or simply have decided that this svcks no matter what they'll do smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home