Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 24, 2017 15:04

corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35
Question regarding the Paris shows, perhaps it was answered earlier. I realize they added a third show due to demand. Did they consider playing in a different city instead like Rome, Madrid, etc. or another German city? I'm sure there would be demand to do second shows in a lot of the current cities so I thought it was a bit peculiar that they're not only doing two but now three shows in Paris.

There were negotiations at least with Berlin and probably some other cities for Germany. One or two of them will appear next year?

I thought, only UK dates next year??? and in which months, summer?
jeroen

14 UK dates? You are dreaming. They would never sell out at their current prices. I think it will be combined with an Rest If Europe Tour (or with a US Tour like in 2013).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 24, 2017 15:18

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35
Question regarding the Paris shows, perhaps it was answered earlier. I realize they added a third show due to demand. Did they consider playing in a different city instead like Rome, Madrid, etc. or another German city? I'm sure there would be demand to do second shows in a lot of the current cities so I thought it was a bit peculiar that they're not only doing two but now three shows in Paris.

There were negotiations at least with Berlin and probably some other cities for Germany. One or two of them will appear next year?

jeroen

14 UK dates? You are dreaming. They would never sell out at their current prices. I think it will be combined with an Rest If Europe Tour (or with a US Tour like in 2013).

No, maybe a short UK tour, with 4 or 5 gigs.
Jeroen

Date: May 24, 2017 16:11

corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35

jeroen

Jeroen

Makes no sense financially/logistically.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 24, 2017 16:48

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35

jeroen

Jeroen

4-5 UK dates + 5-6 East and Central European dates

Date: May 24, 2017 16:56

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35

jeroen

Jeroen

Yeah. That's what I expect. Maybe 13 shows. At least 10 like in 1999 with a similar situation. They left out cities like Oslo, Helsinki and complete East Europe this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-24 17:00 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 24, 2017 21:28

Monsoon Ragoon
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35

jeroen

Jeroen

Yeah. That's what I expect. Maybe 13 shows. At least 10 like in 1999 with a similar situation. They left out cities like Oslo, Helsinki and complete East Europe this time.

They need to come back to North America to play areas they've missed recently like Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. They haven't played here in Vancouver since 2006! I can't believe it's been 11 years now, time flies.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: May 25, 2017 07:06

Monsoon Ragoon

And with a little luck after they have wrapped up their UK dates they might just return to Australia the following year if things follow the trends of 2013/2014.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 25, 2017 08:51

Next year is World Cup year and in the past European / UK Tours have coincided with this. I therefore expect up to half a dozen UK dates June / July. 2 x Wembley, 2 X Dublin, Glasgow, Cardiff and 1 other in the North of England (Manchester Etihad ?) Poss final UK show Knebworth late July. Then off to the US in the fall for their final shows.

Date: May 25, 2017 10:12

carouslambra
Next year is World Cup year and in the past European / UK Tours have coincided with this. I therefore expect up to half a dozen UK dates June / July. 2 x Wembley, 2 X Dublin, Glasgow, Cardiff and 1 other in the North of England (Manchester Etihad ?) Poss final UK show Knebworth late July. Then off to the US in the fall for their final shows.

8 stadium/field shows in UK/Ireland? Won't happen. There's no demand for 400.000 tickets at their prices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-25 13:37 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: May 25, 2017 12:32

i think we should talk about here about the European Tour 2017....i bet they will be next year in the UK...so i suggest to use another thread.....lets carry on to talk about this year

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 25, 2017 13:32

maybe Ron's lung operation was the cause of the European Tour delay

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 25, 2017 14:53

Yes, 1962, it's a logical thought. On the other hand, at their age, performing during the fall maybe is better than doing it under the high summer temperatures.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 25, 2017 19:24

Monsoon Ragoon
carouslambra

8 stadium/field shows in UK/Ireland? Won't happen. There's no demand for 400.000 tickets at their prices.

There are two different economies in the U.K you have London and the surrounding Home Counties which are affluent areas and then you have the rest of the U.K

Nate

Date: May 25, 2017 19:32

DGA35
Monsoon Ragoon
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35

jeroen

Jeroen

They need to come back to North America to play areas they've missed recently like Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. They haven't played here in Vancouver since 2006! I can't believe it's been 11 years now, time flies.

Surely. Also Japan and Australia is already four years behind them next year. They haven't played South Africa for 23 years, Hawaii 20 years. They have never been in important cities such as Bejing, Jakarta or Seoul. None of these projects is likely to happen next year, thought.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-26 10:43 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 26, 2017 02:07

5 UK/Ireland/Scotland/Wales dates, mini tour Spring 2018. No more.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 26, 2017 19:09

Well, what about ticket sales for the upcoming European tour ? Which gigs are already close to sold out? Faster sales, slower sales etc ? Any info, estimations ?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 26, 2017 19:49

carouslambra

Their final show will be in London. All 4 core band members are Londoners. Their 1st gig in 1962 was there and so too will their last in 2018 be.

I can see an extended UK tour in the run up to this.

Date: May 26, 2017 19:57

Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
carouslambra

There are two different economies in the U.K you have London and the surrounding Home Counties which are affluent areas and then you have the rest of the U.K

Nate

With respect, that's a gross oversimplification Nate. There is huge poverty in many parts of London due to overpriced and poor availability of housing and so too in parts of Kent and other South East counties.

There is affluence outside the South East bubble too - Cheshire, Warwickshire, North Yorkshire and parts of the East Midlands too. Edinburgh & Bristol are wealthy cities.

And even if not enough locals are able/willing to stump up for overpriced tickets, others will travel in from elsewhere. If there is a tour next year, I'm going to give it the Lucky Dip treatment, as I am Paris. I could pay full whack, but I refuse to.

Date: May 26, 2017 21:19

grzegorz67
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
carouslambra

Nate

With respect, that's a gross oversimplification Nate. There is huge poverty in many parts of London due to overpriced and poor availability of housing and so too in parts of Kent and other South East counties.

There is affluence outside the South East bubble too - Cheshire, Warwickshire, North Yorkshire and parts of the East Midlands too. Edinburgh & Bristol are wealthy cities.

And even if not enough locals are able/willing to stump up for overpriced tickets, others will travel in from elsewhere. If there is a tour next year, I'm going to give it the Lucky Dip treatment, as I am Paris. I could pay full whack, but I refuse to.

I agree with you there are places in London and the south east that have problems with poverty and there are places in other areas of the country that are affluent but the majority of wealth is undeniably concentrated in London and the surrounding areas.There is only one cure for poverty and that is the empowerment of women.
I do hope that next year the Stones play some shows in the U.K and include other areas of the country but I wouldn't be surprised if the shows were just in London.

Nate thumbs up

Date: May 27, 2017 00:06

Nate
grzegorz67
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
carouslambra

Nate

I agree with you there are places in London and the south east that have problems with poverty and there are places in other areas of the country that are affluent but the majority of wealth is undeniably concentrated in London and the surrounding areas.There is only one cure for poverty and that is the empowerment of women.
I do hope that next year the Stones play some shows in the U.K and include other areas of the country but I wouldn't be surprised if the shows were just in London.

Nate thumbs up

If it's only 2 or 3 UK shows, I think they'll all be in London, nor so much because of its wealth, but because it's the band's home town! Their final show should definitely be there for that reason alone.

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: May 27, 2017 00:27

grzegorz67
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
carouslambra

Nate

Aye lad, tha wants to cum up North, we're as poor as church mice we are.

“My old dad said to me: ‘Money won’t bring you happiness, son.’ ”

“He was right I was happier when I had nothing.”

“You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out.There were 150 of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road … when we came home dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.”

“Luxury!”

(Taken from Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen) winking smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 27, 2017 04:41

What's all this talk about a final show? They won't stop until an illness or death happens, period.

Plexi

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 27, 2017 06:31

Actually I think it will end before they die. Jagger is without a doubt the greatest frontman ever. In a little over a year he will be 75 years old. I think his ego is too big to sit on a stool and sing like Muddy Waters did. It's his legacy and he is well aware of it. He will want to be remembered as JUMPING JACK FLASH for his stage persona. I think we will see some USA and U.K. Shows next year and it's a wrap as far as touring goes. I don't think the Stones will break up, I just think tours will be over. Maybe one more album, deluxe editions etc but tours, just don't see it after another year.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 27, 2017 08:26

Thanks Nate for the mini lecture on poverty and the way forward for the UK.You are obviously a well educated chap.It's now time to get out of your narrow minded bubble.

Date: May 27, 2017 09:17

They will play until 2019 or 2020 I believe. Charlie will say, NO now I'm 80, it's really enough I think. 2018 Europe II, 2019/20 ROW/US. (They won't do Europe, Asia and Australia in just one year anymore like 2014.) Maybe finale with 5 O2 shows (NOT announced as last shows of course). They're still very good - listen to the trilogy of CYHMK, You Gotta Move and Some Girls in Atlanta two years ago for instance - and don't want to end as caricatures I'm sure.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-27 12:42 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: May 27, 2017 12:09

stargroover
Thanks Nate for the mini lecture on poverty and the way forward for the UK.You are obviously a well educated chap.It's now time to get out of your narrow minded bubble.

I don't believe I was giving anyone a lecture I was just stating was is well known that the only known cure for poverty is the empowerment of women.
If you know of a better solution then please let the world know.

Nate

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 27, 2017 15:33

stonesrick
grzegorz67
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
carouslambra

Nate

Aye lad, tha wants to cum up North, we're as poor as church mice we are.

“My old dad said to me: ‘Money won’t bring you happiness, son.’ ”

“He was right I was happier when I had nothing.”

“You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out.There were 150 of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road … when we came home dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.”

“Luxury!”

(Taken from Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen) winking smiley

Didn't you have to lick drive clean before you went to work !!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 27, 2017 15:50

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out.There were 150 of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road … when we came home dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.”

“Luxury!”

Oh we used to dream about living in a paper bag!

Best EVER sketch.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: May 28, 2017 00:41

It seems a while since they updated rs.com ....
The 25th Oct is still not listed as third parisian show on the welcome page (maybe it was a hoax...grinning smiley.) and some of the ticket links are dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-28 11:30 by damnation.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 28, 2017 01:17

A hoax??? The 25th Oct show has been on RS.com for ages.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home