Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 82
Re: VIP Packages
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 20, 2017 09:48

Don't land in CDG until 2pm . Earliest we could arrive at venue is probably 4pm so I think they early entry isn't going to work for us. I'm the wrong side of 50 to stand at the front for 8 hrs witout a loo break nowadays, although there's always the "Miss You" pee and beer run !spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sc uk

Start me up Vip
Posted by: prohanse ()
Date: May 20, 2017 10:13

we have VIP ticets Start me up for Stockholm. price ca 8000 but if you buy on ticetmaster now the cost is 2640. Anybody know why this differense

Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 20, 2017 10:40

Dynamic pricing?

Re: VIP Packages
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 20, 2017 10:42

straycatuk
Don't land in CDG until 2pm . Earliest we could arrive at venue is probably 4pm so I think they early entry isn't going to work for us. I'm the wrong side of 50 to stand at the front for 8 hrs witout a loo break nowadays, although there's always the "Miss You" pee and beer run !spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sc uk

No idea of what time the early entry takes place. After soundcheck of course but how long after(and how long before doors)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2017 10:47

LUCKY DIP

There have been many questions about Lucky Dip in various threads here. I will try to fill in a bit about these tickets, the history and the experiences from past shows. I have never had them myself, but I have been around, and I see a lot, hear a lot, talk to many people ...

In the "old days" they had rules about first 20 rows, then first 10 rows, then first 5 rows. The rules - they say - came from Keith deanding "real fans" up front. Real fans is a relative term of course, but the intention was to make the cheapest tickets up front, so that any fans might end up front row. So if you asked for the most expensive ticket online, you ended up with row eleven or twentyone, while if you asked for the cheapest, you got row one or two or nine. So you may have paid $60 at Giants Stadium and behind you there is a guy paying $300... It was like that for some tours.

Then the days of expences and bids for shows got wild. They realized that the front rows were too expensive to be given away cheap. So they replaced this with a lottery called "Lucky Dip". A number of randomized seats were sold as pairs, two tickets at $60 each were made available, in limited numbers. You have to show up on show day, queue, bring your 2nd ticket partner, and walk into the stadium with your lucky dip ticket. No way you can resell it on the black market. That is the intention.

The lucky dip might end up anywhere, far far away on the seated areas like "tribune". But some do also end up in the pit. I have been in the pit many times, I do always go early, I pay the full price, which is a fortune, and my experience is that quite a few tickets in the pit are lucky dip. How would I know? Because I observe fans walking in, big smiles on their faces, saying they have lucky dip, and much to their surprise, at this low price they end up with the best seat in the house. In fact that is why the pit fill up slowly, because many arrive with the Lucky Dip papers, pick up their envelope, open it, may be at 7pm i.e. late, and as they walk into the venue they slowly see where their cheap tickets bring them.

But it is a lottery. Still a lottery. Everybody is winning, everybody is inside at a low price. I think it is a great lottery, but I could not use it myself, I need to know where I am at all tipes, too bad. But if you just want to be inside, go grap a pair, and bring a friend. It is a great lottery, thanks to the Stones for making these available!

Bjornulf

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:24

Question: When you pick up your lucky dips in the early afternoon like 2pm, do you have to go directly inside the stadium and wait till showtime? Or can you hang around outside the stadium?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 11:25 by spunky.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:31

bv
LUCKY DIP

There have been many questions about Lucky Dip in various threads here. I will try to fill in a bit about these tickets, the history and the experiences from past shows. I have never had them myself, but I have been around, and I see a lot, hear a lot, talk to many people ...

In the "old days" they had rules about first 20 rows, then first 10 rows, then first 5 rows. The rules - they say - came from Keith deanding "real fans" up front. Real fans is a relative term of course, but the intention was to make the cheapest tickets up front, so that any fans might end up front row. So if you asked for the most expensive ticket online, you ended up with row eleven or twentyone, while if you asked for the cheapest, you got row one or two or nine. So you may have paid $60 at Giants Stadium and behind you there is a guy paying $300... It was like that for some tours.

Then the days of expences and bids for shows got wild. They realized that the front rows were too expensive to be given away cheap. So they replaced this with a lottery called "Lucky Dip". A number of randomized seats were sold as pairs, two tickets at $60 each were made available, in limited numbers. You have to show up on show day, queue, bring your 2nd ticket partner, and walk into the stadium with your lucky dip ticket. No way you can resell it on the black market. That is the intention.

The lucky dip might end up anywhere, far far away on the seated areas like "tribune". But some do also end up in the pit. I have been in the pit many times, I do always go early, I pay the full price, which is a fortune, and my experience is that quite a few tickets in the pit are lucky dip. How would I know? Because I observe fans walking in, big smiles on their faces, saying they have lucky dip, and much to their surprise, at this low price they end up with the best seat in the house. In fact that is why the pit fill up slowly, because many arrive with the Lucky Dip papers, pick up their envelope, open it, may be at 7pm i.e. late, and as they walk into the venue they slowly see where their cheap tickets bring them.

But it is a lottery. Still a lottery. Everybody is winning, everybody is inside at a low price. I think it is a great lottery, but I could not use it myself, I need to know where I am at all tipes, too bad. But if you just want to be inside, go grap a pair, and bring a friend. It is a great lottery, thanks to the Stones for making these available!

Thanks for the info.

I was lucky to get a pair of the old tickets for Twickenham at £60 each and was in the fifth row from the front and had an end row seat, probably the last time I will be that close to them, but they was fantastic seats and a fantastic price.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:39

Same - paid about 80 quid and was about 15 rows back at twickenham - with hindsight very good value! Circo Massimo was about 30 feet from the stage though with GA and got there about an hour after gate opening - was travelling on my own though - relatively easy to find a spot to lay out for 8 hours in the roman sunshine on the slope at the side of the stage for 8 hours :-)

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:44

spunky
Question: When you pick up your lucky dips in the early afternoon like 2pm, do you have to go directly inside the stadium and wait till showtime? Or can you hang around outside the stadium?

Yes, no way to leave. Unless they change the rules with wristbands. Doubt it.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 20, 2017 12:44

bv

I bought Luckies for Arnhem, 110.- € for the two. After buying them, I got the download of course and this confirmation:

It says "Standing" at the level column - that is not seen on the ticket and after this screen when you check the status of your order in your account.

Could this be taken seriously, i.e. that this is not a seat but a ticket for the standing areas? If yes, I would be more than happy!

If it were for the pit as could be possible as you wrote, Bjornulf, then ... WOAH! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 20, 2017 13:03

the funciton of Lucky Dip tickets is simply to fill up the expansive seats in the front rows/areas to avoid performing in front of too many (visibly empty seats). Making some fans happy is rather some kind of side effect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 13:03 by slewan.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 20, 2017 13:18

I had Lucky dip for Oslo 2014, baddest seat in the venue, called it (un)Lucky Dip, but not complaining. They where still the cheapest seats in the venue. And there where people with me in the row who really got the best seats! Lucky Dip for them! As I remember now, you couldn't leave the row until you got your wristband. So you couldn't sell your ticket. This tour I'll go for another (un)Lucky Dip!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 20, 2017 13:19

How is the sound inside Gelredome? Worth travelling 660 km?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 13:20 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 20, 2017 19:41

waterrats
bv

I bought Luckies for Arnhem, 110.- € for the two. After buying them, I got the download of course and this confirmation:

It says "Standing" at the level column - that is not seen on the ticket and after this screen when you check the status of your order in your account.

Could this be taken seriously, i.e. that this is not a seat but a ticket for the standing areas? If yes, I would be more than happy!

If it were for the pit as could be possible as you wrote, Bjornulf, then ... WOAH! smiling bouncing smiley

Staanplaats is the standing area behind premium staanplaats.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 20, 2017 22:52

Any clue to what the set list may consist?

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: May 20, 2017 22:56

One general question regarding Lucky Dip in past shows you guys attended: what was the average time of opening the office where you get the tickets from (comparing to time of opening the gates)?

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2017 23:36

From what I recall, the times varied by venue but they opened at least a couple of hours before the show, I think. Anyone else?

(There's a separate Lucky Dip topic too.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 21, 2017 02:07

How many people will the PIT hold? I've heard 400 - 700, must be the lower end surely?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2017 02:14

Christiaan
I had Lucky dip for Oslo 2014, baddest seat in the venue, called it (un)Lucky Dip, but not complaining. They where still the cheapest seats in the venue. And there where people with me in the row who really got the best seats! Lucky Dip for them! As I remember now, you couldn't leave the row until you got your wristband. So you couldn't sell your ticket. This tour I'll go for another (un)Lucky Dip!

My sister bought Lucky Dip for Oslo and she ended up with tickets worth NOK 2,500 each i.e. the best tickets in the house, she paid something like NOK 650 each, so she was very happy.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 21, 2017 06:15

waterrats

The Lucky Dip in North America said something like Standing or General Admission, as well, and in the end it had no meaning, no connection to standing at all. While a few lucky people do draw the pit, many other end up in the last/highest row of the section furthest from the stage. Getting a good seat with Lucky Dip can also depend on how well tickets sold in a certain city. In some cities there were some good seats that did not get purchased and they want those seats filled so they use Lucky Dip to do that.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 21, 2017 06:20

Bastion
waterrats
bv

Or standing in the parking lot.....smileys with beer

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 21, 2017 11:12

mtaylor
Bastion
waterrats
bv

Or standing in the parking lot.....smileys with beer

Thanks mTaylor, georgeV + Bastion for your replies. Yup, the 'Level' info is probably nothing serious, so I hope for the best. And the most important thing is already 100 sure: we will see the Stones! smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 21, 2017 14:23

Chris Fountain

Predominantly Rolling Stones songs.

Date: May 21, 2017 15:00

StonedInTokyo
Chris Fountain

Thanks!! I'm definitely attending!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2017 15:15

Rollin92

How many people will the PIT hold? I've heard 400 - 700, must be the lower end surely?

On [www.Ticketmaster.de] there's a seating plan for the A1-A9 Blocks (Platinum-Tickets) in front of the Pit (zoom in, click on the Block).

But it's not clear if the A1-A9 Blocks and the Pit are drawn in the same scale.

Assuming they are equal and comparing the size of the Pit with the amount of seats in the Block A5, it would be max. 32 (width) x 36 (depth) seats -> up to 1152 persons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-21 15:20 by Irix.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 21, 2017 15:19

Monsoon Ragoon
How is the sound inside Gelredome? Worth travelling 660 km?
Monsoon,the sound is göod.to very good.have seen u2 and bruce there and it was great.great atmosphere.enjoy.jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2017 18:45

StonedInTokyo
Chris Fountain

No "Come Together" then? That's disappointing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-21 21:54 by dcba.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2017 19:07

Hope they at least have a new stage design! smiling smiley

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: May 21, 2017 19:27

HonkeyTonkFlash
Hope they at least have a new stage design! smiling smiley

Good Point. the stage design from previous tour was not fan friendly as site lines, from a side view were compromised because of the protrusion of sound system. An open stage concept would prove favorable.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 21, 2017 19:28

Chris Fountain

Mostly songs from ABBA, Beatles,INXS,De Dijk, ZZ TOP, and one obscure song.. Start me Up ??????????

Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home